Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 766019 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2440 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:40 pm »
It's just wonderful seeing him back with the ball at his feet, great stuff.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: January 21, 2019, 09:10:15 pm »
First Perrie then Arsene, who next  ;D

Kieran Gibbs?

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2442 on: January 21, 2019, 10:27:01 pm »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:56 pm »
Fantastic having him back training. From recent reports he’s way ahead of schedule but I’m sure Klopp won’t rush him back despite the huge temptation to do so. What a massive boost his return will be.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2444 on: January 22, 2019, 10:47:15 pm »
YWNA

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: January 22, 2019, 10:48:01 pm »
I can’t bloody wait

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2446 on: January 22, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »
Sound.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2447 on: January 22, 2019, 10:57:55 pm »
Fantastic news.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2448 on: January 22, 2019, 11:08:52 pm »
Massive, massive boost! If not featuring by March, which is probably too early anyway, at least he'd make the others sharper in training.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: January 22, 2019, 11:18:59 pm »
*touch wood touch wood* God willing he suffers no setbacks, don't want him rushed but am delighted for him and us

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2450 on: January 22, 2019, 11:37:53 pm »
U got snapchat?
Trent Alexandre voice

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:31 pm »
Massive, massive boost! If not featuring by March, which is probably too early anyway, at least he'd make the others sharper in training.

If back in training in Feb then he will be ready for featuring in March.

Masssive boost for the club. Great news.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: January 22, 2019, 11:57:51 pm »
Really happy for him, he must be ecstatic

Looks like he's been working incredibly hard to get back

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: January 23, 2019, 12:02:01 am »
Back in full training mid to late February. Back playing by March. Huge boost to our title hopes.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-huge-oxlade-chamberlain-update-15718306?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Good news but awful website to navigate around. Why do they continue to degrade a user's experience to the point where people try and avoid accessing their site.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:04:34 am by Machae »

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #2454 on: January 23, 2019, 08:07:23 am »
Great news, the hard work he is putting in just shows the character and determination of the lad.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2455 on: January 23, 2019, 08:14:15 am »
Potentially crucial for the run in.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2456 on: January 23, 2019, 08:15:07 am »
Great that Ox and Brewster were able to each other through months of grueling rehab.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: January 23, 2019, 08:52:20 am »
Really hope his recovery from here on in is as smooth as can be......he seems a great lad who was really starting to enjoy his football.

Will be great to see him return this side of summer so he can get a proper pre-season in and hit the ground running.

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2458 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:30 am »
He was great once he got into the team last season. I’d be thrilled if he can get back to that form as I think we’ve missed what he offers.

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2459 on: January 23, 2019, 11:35:20 am »
I wonder where he will play when he's back if we're still playing the 4-2-3-1? Seemed to really suit one of the 8's in a midfield 3 last season, be interesting to see whether he could be as effective on the right or left of the 3 behind the striker we're playing at the moment.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: January 23, 2019, 11:39:19 am »
I wonder where he will play when he's back if we're still playing the 4-2-3-1? Seemed to really suit one of the 8's in a midfield 3 last season, be interesting to see whether he could be as effective on the right or left of the 3 behind the striker we're playing at the moment.

I quite like the thought of him on the left in that role Keita played vs Palace. Not really a left forward, a bit deeper looking to link play and drive at the defence from deep. Would be naturally positioned for cutting in on his right as well.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: January 23, 2019, 12:02:50 pm »
As has been said, if he can be used as an impact sub in April it will be a bonus. The main thing is that he can come back, get a few minutes with no setbacks, and be available for a full pre-season. That's the most I could have asked for when the club announced his injury.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: January 23, 2019, 12:38:24 pm »
I quite like the thought of him on the left in that role Keita played vs Palace. Not really a left forward, a bit deeper looking to link play and drive at the defence from deep. Would be naturally positioned for cutting in on his right as well.
Why not off the right instead? It would more or less be the same set up we played at our best last year. Salah the striker (more central now, but he still prefers to move out towards the right), Chamberlain covering the right side when we defend, but getting forward a lot on the attack, Mane off the left, Firmino the false 9/number 10, 2 more defensive/central midfielders to Chamberlain's left. Last year it was Henderson and Milner/Wijnaldum/Can in those roles, this year two from Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: January 23, 2019, 12:46:35 pm »
Why not off the right instead? It would more or less be the same set up we played at our best last year. Salah the striker (more central now, but he still prefers to move out towards the right), Chamberlain covering the right side when we defend, but getting forward a lot on the attack, Mane off the left, Firmino the false 9/number 10, 2 more defensive/central midfielders to Chamberlain's left. Last year it was Henderson and Milner/Wijnaldum/Can in those roles, this year two from Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum.

Nothing wrong with the right instead, or both, only reason for the left in my post was the chance to drift/cut inside and the shot being more natural for a right footer in those situations. Think it's a pretty minor consideration though.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: January 23, 2019, 12:49:03 pm »
Nothing wrong with the right instead, or both, only reason for the left in my post was the chance to drift/cut inside and the shot being more natural for a right footer in those situations. Think it's a pretty minor consideration though.
I prefer Mane from that side, for the reason you mention. He's much more often in goalscoring positions, so think it makes more sense to play him there when both are available. But you're right, Chamberlain could play there too, and probably would if Mane was out/rested (with Shaqiri on the right).

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2465 on: January 23, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »
Good news but awful website to navigate around. Why do they continue to degrade a user's experience to the point where people try and avoid accessing their site.

Horrible, isn't it. Story reads like Pearce is adding 2+2=5 slightly, too. Back in training in February does not imply available by mid March. He will have a ton of fitness work to catch up on before anyone even thinks about playing him.

I hope he's right, that would be amazing, but I don't think putting that kind of pressure on the lad at this point is really helpful.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: January 23, 2019, 02:33:49 pm »
So far everything has been very positive. Long may it continue
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: January 23, 2019, 05:12:48 pm »
Horrible, isn't it. Story reads like Pearce is adding 2+2=5 slightly, too. Back in training in February does not imply available by mid March. He will have a ton of fitness work to catch up on before anyone even thinks about playing him.

I hope he's right, that would be amazing, but I don't think putting that kind of pressure on the lad at this point is really helpful.

Don't think he's just plucked it out of his arse though he's probably been fed the story by someone at the club.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: January 23, 2019, 08:15:12 pm »
So that could be the Ox and Brewster back to bolster an already impressive bench for the final stretch. Fantastic news, made up for the lad, awful injury in itself but the timing before a Champions League final and the World Cup must have been a nightmare for him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2469 on: January 23, 2019, 08:23:24 pm »
So that could be the Ox and Brewster back to bolster an already impressive bench for the final stretch. Fantastic news, made up for the lad, awful injury in itself but the timing before a Champions League final and the World Cup must have been a nightmare for him.

Brewster almost certainly not but yeah fingers crossed for the Ox
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #2470 on: January 23, 2019, 08:35:52 pm »
Great news to have the Ox back for the run in. But can't put too much pressure on him though. Very Bad injury and has been out for nearly a year. But we have missed him, we don't have another midfielder with all of his qualities.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:48 pm »
Looking forward to the Ox's return.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2472 on: January 23, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »
Fantastic news. What ever happens, the club wouldnt rush him back as we've done quite well without him  ;D Think we'll see him possibly before the end of march if he's already stepped up training. Another incredible option for our bulging midfield

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2473 on: January 23, 2019, 09:28:39 pm »
Don't think he's just plucked it out of his arse though he's probably been fed the story by someone at the club.

He's been told Oxlade is back in training. Naming the Bayern match is clearly pure speculation.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: January 23, 2019, 09:30:44 pm »
He's been told Oxlade is back in training. Naming the Bayern match is clearly pure speculation.
Im guessing he heard something he might be available for the 2nd bayern match however if he in the squad at all for that match my guess is he would be on the bench.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2475 on: January 23, 2019, 09:44:47 pm »
The lad is going to be back just in time to get a PL winner's medal. Made up for him.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: January 23, 2019, 10:21:05 pm »

Ah didn't see that part, just that he might be available for selection in may.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2477 on: January 23, 2019, 10:22:41 pm »
Potentially crucial for the run in.
I don’t think so myself.

It’s so great that he could be back soon, but it will take some time before he’s back to starting games, and even longer to be at full throttle.  This end of the season could well see him have th elerfect lead in to next season so he can hit the ground running though...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #2478 on: January 23, 2019, 10:30:25 pm »
He was amazing last season, we’ve missed him (while still being brilliant). Just a massive boost for everyone to see him play thus season, remind us what he’s about.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: January 23, 2019, 10:58:50 pm »
Hard not to get excited with all the noises coming out of the club.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke