Author Topic: Strictly come dancing  (Read 31788 times)

Offline bigal

• Not Bi. Or a Gal for that matter.
  • Kopite
  • Allez les rouges
Re: Strictly come dancing
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 09:39:19 pm »
Great final, really impressive from all of them

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 09:55:04 pm »
My wife will literally explode if Louis doesn't win. I am struggling to feign interest, though this has been an impressive final.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 10:44:12 am »
Thought Kimberley deserved it for being the better dancer over more of the series, but was always going to be Louis with it all down to public voting.

All 4 of them danced brilliantly yesterday though.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 01:30:49 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Strictly special later on.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 06:52:17 pm »
Didn't know Fabrice Muamba was doing this, with me favourite female pro dancer too.  Lucky git. :P

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: September 3, 2013, 01:02:41 pm »
So, Rachel Riley, Abbey Clancy, Sophie Ellis Bextor and Susannah Reid this year.

May give it a watch.  :P

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 3, 2013, 01:14:18 pm »
Rachel Riley..oh my days!!

Don't watch countdown these days due to work but I saw her on Pointless a few months back. She is truly gorgeous.  And Susannah Reid Is the ultimate breakfast wank. 

I have to watch this as my missus loves it but I must confess i prefer it any day over any of Simon Cowell's shite.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: September 3, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »
So, Rachel Riley, Abbey Clancy, Sophie Ellis Bextor and Susannah Reid this year.

May give it a watch.  :P

Riley and Reid. Bravo, Strictly producers...bravo!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48 on: September 3, 2013, 09:12:09 pm »
Riley and Reid. Bravo, Strictly producers...bravo!

Have to disagree Nick. The producers have really missed a trick.
If they hadn't been intent on sticking with their old-fashioned, heterosexual view of the world and been a bit more creative and progressive, we could have got Rachel Riley paired with Ola Jordan and Susanna Reid paired with that other Russian blonde whose name escapes me.

Now, who wouldn't have wanted to watch that?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 7, 2013, 07:19:59 pm »
Pasha you jammy git. He's got Riley.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »
Brucie gobbed across the stage tonight.

Not a tiny bit of spittle, no, a full blown stream of gob.

Seriously, spit the dog would be envious. 

He is sooooooo old!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2013, 09:55:12 am »
Brucie gobbed across the stage tonight.

Not a tiny bit of spittle, no, a full blown stream of gob.

Seriously, spit the dog would be envious. 

He is sooooooo old!

I just watch on Iplayer now, means I can skip though all the Bruce and Tess shite. Just watch the dancing, the judges comments and the scores. Makes the show about a 1/3 shorter too.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2013, 10:15:03 am »
Tess Daly matures like a fine wine - she gets better and better with age, maturing, becoming more flavoursome, with complexisity and developing more body as time passes.

I hope one day to uncork her, open her, sniff those fleshly corked scents, hold her full bodied goodness in my mouth and taste those raspberry notes hinted with vanilla and jam rag.

Chateaux le fit.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »
Frankie from the Saturdays, Pixie Lott and Caroline Flack.  :wave

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2014, 05:28:01 pm »
Frankie from the Saturdays, Pixie Lott and Caroline Flack.  :wave

Blimey.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 10:06:40 am »
Gemma Atkinson and Mollie King. Definitely won't be watching.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2017, 11:58:40 am »
I had no idea who either of them are until I Googled them. Hopefully, there'll be a few more inspiring contestants still to come, although I've found over the years that it's often people who I've never heard of that I end up liking.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:54 am »
Gemma Atkinson and Mollie King. Definitely won't be watching.

Yeah me neither
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »
Having never watched this before I'm not ashamed to say I really got into this last year.

Looking forward to it starting again.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2017, 10:38:37 pm »
I really enjoy the contestants who start off slowly, and then go on a journey, rather than those who are instantly good. Some of the people doing it have danced before as well, doing musicals, so it can give them a solid start. But it is fantastic watching someone developing their confidence as they go on and suddenly starting to progress and letting go. Be interested to see who else will be in it this year.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #60 on: October 2, 2017, 10:17:13 am »
Some of it filmed at Anfield this week - Apparently, chef Simon Rimmer is a big Red and was dancing to YNWA, so he was at Anfield with partner Karen Clifton to film the intro. Unfortunately, he messed the routine up, but hasn't been voted out.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 2, 2017, 10:21:43 am »
Some of it filmed at Anfield this week - Apparently, chef Simon Rimmer is a big Red and was dancing to YNWA, so he was at Anfield with partner Karen Clifton to film the intro. Unfortunately, he messed the routine up, but hasn't been voted out.

Yeah he's from Wallasay and the new head Judge Shirley Ballas is also from Wallasey

She was crying when she gave her comments about his routine and more specifically YNWA.

She alluded to the 96, it was quite touching and nice to see.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #62 on: October 2, 2017, 10:30:04 am »
Watched this at the weekend, do like the live music (and the Glen Ponder references!).

As ever the former pop stars always have a big advantage over the rest given they'll have had loads of training over the years.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 2, 2017, 10:37:27 am »
Watched this at the weekend, do like the live music (and the Glen Ponder references!).

As ever the former pop stars always have a big advantage over the rest given they'll have had loads of training over the years.

hahah. yeah

Every-time is see Dave Arch and his wonderful orchestra I think of Glen Ponda and Debonair.  :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64 on: October 2, 2017, 10:43:30 am »
hahah. yeah

Every-time is see Dave Arch and his wonderful orchestra I think of Glen Ponda and Debonair.  :)

Yeah, just read the thread back and you say that most years Pete. :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 2, 2017, 10:58:38 am »
Yeah, just read the thread back and you say that most years Pete. :D

:)

There is no end to my unoriginality.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #66 on: October 2, 2017, 12:29:13 pm »
Yeah he's from Wallasay and the new head Judge Shirley Ballas is also from Wallasey

Her accent is funny - she speaks with quite a neutral voice, but every so often she sounds really scouse, usually when stressing a point. I Googled her to see where she was from because of this. As you say, it was nice to see her emotion re YNWA.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 2, 2017, 12:54:20 pm »

She was crying when she gave her comments about his routine and more specifically YNWA.

She alluded to the 96, it was quite touching and nice to see.

Simon Rimmer was at Hillsborough apparently, which was one reason he wanted to dance to YWNA. I was a bit worried it was going to seem tacky but it was quite well done and Simon looked absolutely drained afterwards.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 2, 2017, 02:49:48 pm »
Not that it matters, but how is it fair Aston Merrigold gets to compete in this? Next thing you know they will have someone from 'Diversity' as one of the contestants.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 2, 2017, 02:54:33 pm »
Not that it matters, but how is it fair Aston Merrigold gets to compete in this? Next thing you know they will have someone from 'Diversity' as one of the contestants.

He's clearly going to have an advantage over others in some areas, but it can also be a disadvantage having been used to dancing as he does in his career, as you can pick up a lot of bad habits that are not good for ballroom. His last dance suited him , others won't as much.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #70 on: October 2, 2017, 03:39:18 pm »

This happens every year - people like Alexandra Burke take part in West End Musicals, so also have some dancing experience. Often the public take against them because they are viewed as 'ringers' - Natalie Gumede suffered in this respect a few years ago. The best dancers often don't win - the public like to see non dancers who improve as the series progresses. Perhaps the Rev Richard will be a surprise winner this year?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #71 on: October 2, 2017, 03:59:16 pm »
Simon Rimmer was at Hillsborough apparently, which was one reason he wanted to dance to YWNA. I was a bit worried it was going to seem tacky but it was quite well done and Simon looked absolutely drained afterwards.

I don't watch it but the wife left it on for me to watch. He did look drained and it's a shame he messed the ending.  Shirley Ballas was still crying when they asked for the scores, obviously affected her a lot.  To be fair it was a pretty emotional dance and rendition of YNWA.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #72 on: October 2, 2017, 07:22:29 pm »
It never tends to bother me the ones who have danced before, I just ignore them. For me its all about watching someone going on a journey. It is amazing how suddenly they start to grow in confidence and then you see a completely new person come out of it. Seen is so many times that's what gives the enjoyment. Some dances I never tire watching such as the Quick Step and the Argentinian Tango which if done properly, is just fantastic and pure drama.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2017, 02:57:39 pm »
Fucking hell that Eamon Holmes really is an insufferable fat c*nt isn't he?

His hag of a missus is a shite dancer but remains in the competition.  The thing is though, every time she's on screen her fame hungry manc supporting wanker of a husband gets his mug in the limelight.

I don't think a week has gone by without him grabbing serious camera time.

Really hope she goes out soon so we don't have to see him anymore. :no

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2017, 03:10:54 pm »
Fucking hell that Eamon Holmes really is an insufferable fat c*nt isn't he?

His hag of a missus is a shite dancer but remains in the competition.  The thing is though, every time she's on screen her fame hungry manc supporting wanker of a husband gets his mug in the limelight.

I don't think a week has gone by without him grabbing serious camera time.

Really hope she goes out soon so we don't have to see him anymore. :no

I would ;)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 07:21:23 pm »
I would ;)

I would too - And then send Holmes photographs to prove it

:)

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 5, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
Laughable decision to send Aston home.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #77 on: November 5, 2017, 08:37:04 pm »
What a great moment last night...

A gay woman refers to her wife.... no subcontract, no agenda.. no nothing apart from it being the way it is.

Watching with kids, I thought it was a pivotal moment of acceptance...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #78 on: November 5, 2017, 08:50:25 pm »

yep, absolute fuckin joke...best dancer in it this year and its devalued the show for me....its just all about Debbie McGhee v Alexander Burke now ....might as well have the dance off next week and get it over with
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #79 on: November 5, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »

It wasn't the judges fault he and his partner did that awful routine. He's been brilliant in other weeks but it has to be about the performance each week. I don't think anyone wanted him to go, least of all the judges.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.