Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3470630 times)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64280 on: November 24, 2021, 03:52:01 pm »
The Japanese "miracle" also coincided with the point at which they hit about 50% of their population vaccinated and they continued to mass vaccinate. Coupled with whatever public health measures that have worked so brilliantly throughout the pandemic they've ended another wave.

Campbell appears to be playing to the gallery these days.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64281 on: November 24, 2021, 05:02:23 pm »

The threads in their feces are being referred to as "rope worms" by many in the ivermectin Facebook groups, but Wesley Long says there is no such medical diagnosis. People were witnessing intestinal mucous or shedding portions of the intestinal lining, he added. To the untrained eye, both may appear to be worms.

People are literally shitting their guts out on this stuff. It's insane the risks they will take, just because they flat refuse to do what governments and health experts are asking of them. Fucking idiots.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #64282 on: November 24, 2021, 05:03:49 pm »
I watched a fair few of his videos at the beginning of this - I thought he was great. He managed to explain in a simple way the workings of the immune system and the emerging data to an audience who had some but maybe limited knowledge of how it all works. That at a time when the stories emerging in the press ranged from 'nothing to worry about' to '100's of millions will die' was very valuable.

I think Dr. Campbell's problem is that he became entrenched on one side of an argument very early and failed to shift his position with the emerging data. He highlights any and every study that suggests a therapeutic effect for ivermectin in Covid regardless of the quality of those studies (while largely ignoring the large trials that showed no effect). He's highlighted (and continues to) the main studies that showed a beneficial effect - all of have which have been retracted, mostly for blatant fraud. If Dr Campbell believes ivermectin can work based on the in vitro data and then publicises trials that back up that belief, he really has to then highlight when those studies are retracted and where actual fraud has taken place. Because what we're left with are studies that show no effect, yet he's been unable to shift his thinking with that data. There remains this lingering belief that ivermectin has been deliberately ignored, when in fact all the studies have pointed to it having no effect. The Oxford Principle trial is still ongoing.

I give him the benefit of the doubt for now that it's not deliberate, he's clearly not an 'it's just a flu', 'vaccines don't work' guy. But he's approaching the point where perhaps unknown to him, he's beginning to publicise widely the main points of the small core anti-vaccine movement. It's how they work - very few people are truly behind the world-wide anti-vaccine movement, the real anti-vaxxers. Their movement works by getting their core messages spread, sometimes unwittingly, by many others on the likes of social media and youtube.

The issue is that the audience for these core anti-vaccine messages is huge, and the potential gains for tapping that audience is fairly eye-opening. At a lower estimate for example, Dr Campbell's income from youtube is $10,000 per month, it's likely far higher. The temptation is there for anyone who has generated a base of viewers to pivot toward the messages they want to hear, or toward the messages that tap that huge audience of people who are open to the messages of the anti-vaccine movement.

As I said, I give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment and his early videos were great explanations for the public. But he's veered into a grey area lately - highlighting certain things in an unbalanced way. He's not the only one to do so, our own print and TV media in the UK can be equally unbalanced, falling solely on opposite extremes. I'd hope he'll come back to a more balanced view and drop the references to FLCCC that he seems to treat equally to peer reviewed published studies. It may turn out his belief is correct and studies will show ivermectin is therapeutic in Covid, but the evidence at this time says that it just isn't.

I've not watched his videos in a long time, but as you I found them very helpful in understanding things and getting a look what was happening in various countries at the beginning of the pandemic. I think he has an issue with getting to entrenched into a topic and then going on and on about it. It happened shortly after I started watching his videos when he started going on about Vitamin D in almost every single video. Don't think he had bad intentions and yeah, taking Vitamin D and looking after your health in general are certainly not bad things during a pandemic, but at times he made it sound like you just need to take loads of Vitamin D and you're save from the virus (or at least he presented studies that might make people come to that conclusion). Again, I don't think that's what he was trying to say, but it just felt like he was so focussed on the Vitamin D-route that other stuff fell by the wayside.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64283 on: November 24, 2021, 05:04:23 pm »
The charts on booster impacts are from John Burn-Murdoch (FT) on twitter, I would say he is likely the best UK journo on Covid matters.

The whole thread is worth a read for those interested in the situation in UK and Europe.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1463450302212886530

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64284 on: November 24, 2021, 05:11:41 pm »
Decided to go for a test yesterday after having no taste or smell and just had a positive result back

hoping symptoms continue to be mild, going to have a great time isolating on my birthday :(
Sorry to hear that, Liam.  :-\

Hoping you have it mild and have a full and speedy recovery.

Take care of yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64285 on: November 24, 2021, 05:12:17 pm »
Apologies if already discussed.  The NHS website says you can book an appointment for a booster dose if you're over 40 and are 152 days/5 months out from your second dose. The appointment date will be from 182 days out from your second dose, so you'll still have to wait a month - usual at-risk rules apply.

I'm currently at Day 150, and given the way Christmas and Boxing Day fall this year, I'm guessing my earliest date for a booster would be December 29th. (Can't see me getting it done Christmas Eve.)

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64286 on: November 24, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »
Apologies if already discussed.  The NHS website says you can book an appointment for a booster dose if you're over 40 and are 152 days/5 months out from your second dose. The appointment date will be from 182 days out from your second dose, so you'll still have to wait a month - usual at-risk rules apply.

I'm currently at Day 150, and given the way Christmas and Boxing Day fall this year, I'm guessing my earliest date for a booster would be December 29th. (Can't see me getting it done Christmas Eve.)

People might put it off until after Christmas in case they get side effects? As I said earlier, I've been fine other than a dead arm, missus has been rough all day and still feels crap, (but is managing to drag herself out for an Indian with her best mate ;D ), her brother told me before he was rough after having his booster as well and same as us he had no side effects with his AZ jabs.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64287 on: November 24, 2021, 05:29:46 pm »
People might put it off until after Christmas in case they get side effects? As I said earlier, I've been fine other than a dead arm, missus has been rough all day and still feels crap, (but is managing to drag herself out for an Indian with her best mate ;D ), her brother told me before he was rough after having his booster as well and same as us he had no side effects with his AZ jabs.

I've heard a few people talk about having bad reactions to the boosters, fatigue, vomiting etc. I live alone and don't have any family to speak of, so getting it between Christmas and New Year is fine for me.

I suspect Covid boosters might need to be a regular thing for the next couple of years though mind. I'm not arsed about the flu, but Covid scares me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64288 on: November 24, 2021, 05:40:03 pm »
The Japanese "miracle" also coincided with the point at which they hit about 50% of their population vaccinated and they continued to mass vaccinate. Coupled with whatever public health measures that have worked so brilliantly throughout the pandemic they've ended another wave.

They also have a population who are more aware of pandemics and therefore the likes of mass mask wearing, etc.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64289 on: November 24, 2021, 05:42:01 pm »

I’d rather feel a bit rough over Christmas. Meant to be catching a flight on 27th so would rather have it before then (I’ll probably be told it takes a couple of weeks to kick in now!).

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64290 on: November 24, 2021, 06:24:14 pm »
43676 new cases and 149 deaths reported today.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64291 on: November 25, 2021, 01:13:14 pm »
So it seems we have a new variant to be potentially concerned about (B.1.1.529), it has a large number of mutations which may help with immune evasion, currently detected in Botswana and South Africa.

As usual the proviso is that nobody has much of an idea if it will ultimately be significant or not, most variants prove not to be, but it seems to be one that might be worth keeping an eye on.

https://twitter.com/PeacockFlu/status/1463176821416075279

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64292 on: November 25, 2021, 01:48:51 pm »
So it seems we have a new variant to be potentially concerned about (B.1.1.529), it has a large number of mutations which may help with immune evasion, currently detected in Botswana and South Africa.

As usual the proviso is that nobody has much of an idea if it will ultimately be significant or not, most variants prove not to be, but it seems to be one that might be worth keeping an eye on.

Sounds grim. Will have to see what comes out over the next couple of weeks.

Luckily it can be “identified” by drop out of the S gene in PCR tests - a bit like we could tell with alpha in the UK earlier in the year. So should be able to track it much quicker than waiting for sequencing results.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64293 on: November 25, 2021, 02:37:22 pm »
Good data on the impact of boosters in the UK, older groups are now more protected from Covid than they were back in August, with numbers continuing to improve.

https://twitter.com/PaulMainwood/status/1463877974340558855

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64294 on: November 25, 2021, 03:18:49 pm »
Seems to be a lot of footballers collapsing all of a sudden. Aguero, now these two this week. No, I’m not in the least bit conspiratorial. Bit the timing of this does seem strange. Could it be vaccine related or possibly lingering effects of COVID itself?

Again, I really do feel I have to stress that I’m not pushing conspiracies here. I’ve had both vaccines myself. Just wondering if there’s an explanation for this or if the timing is just a fluke.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/25/wigan-athletic-charlie-wyke-stable-in-hospital-after-training-collapse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59395982

It does seem to be more common lately and I'd be interested to hear what poople think.
Interestingly all three players you've mentioned have had covid.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64295 on: November 25, 2021, 03:19:07 pm »
Seems to be a lot of footballers collapsing all of a sudden. Aguero, now these two this week. No, I’m not in the least bit conspiratorial. Bit the timing of this does seem strange. Could it be vaccine related or possibly lingering effects of COVID itself?

Again, I really do feel I have to stress that I’m not pushing conspiracies here. I’ve had both vaccines myself. Just wondering if there’s an explanation for this or if the timing is just a fluke.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/25/wigan-athletic-charlie-wyke-stable-in-hospital-after-training-collapse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59395982

It's absolutely not a conspiracy theory, and the issue is well documented and continues to be investigated. The EMAs Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) has advised Moderna to perform an in-depth review of all published data on the association of myocarditis and pericarditis:

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/meeting-highlights-pharmacovigilance-risk-assessment-committee-prac-25-28-october-2021

Unfortunately, this was always going to happen with the acceleration of the development process. I've worked in Pharmacovigilance since I was 21 and it was my biggest fear following the authorisation of these vaccines late last year. They've absolutely no doubt saved millions of lives across the globe, but there were always going to be undetected issues which have unfortunately effected a very small minority of patients who have received the vaccine.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64296 on: November 25, 2021, 03:21:11 pm »

Look at this chart.

It’s outcompeting Delta. It’s now in general circulation in SA rather than just a few pockets.

And it’s got immune escape.

This isn’t at all positive news
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #64297 on: November 25, 2021, 03:56:00 pm »
Look at this chart.

I doubt it will evade vaccines altogether, but the main question would always be, is it more deadly?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64298 on: November 25, 2021, 05:45:23 pm »
47240 new cases and 147 deaths reported today.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64299 on: November 25, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
47240 new cases and 147 deaths reported today.
It's relentless, isn't it.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64301 on: November 25, 2021, 06:03:05 pm »
Yep.  Now surpassed the 10m mark of Covid infections in UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/total-covid-cases-in-uk-passes-10m-since-start-of-pandemic-12478490
Yet you'd be forgiven for thinking it was all over, given how few people now seem to bother wearing masks.

I had to go to the shops this morning and hardly anyone was masked.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64302 on: November 25, 2021, 06:21:00 pm »
Anyone had the 3rd booster jab yet ?

Mine is in Jan but a few people I know have really struggled with it and it has made me abit nervous if honest 🤢

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64303 on: November 25, 2021, 06:22:24 pm »

Mine is in Jan but a few people I know have really struggled with it and it has made me abit nervous if honest 🤢

I had it on Sat and felt completely fine. Tad sore arm the next day but it was really nothing major at all. Both parents have had it and felt the same, and same for my sister and BIL who had it yesterday.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64304 on: November 25, 2021, 06:29:27 pm »

I booked mine today, for the 18th December.

I don't personally know anyone who had any problems after their booster, so it will be interesting to see how I fare when I get it myself.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64305 on: November 25, 2021, 06:31:51 pm »
Cheers SOS & Craig im not scared of needles or anything like that just put a few doubts in my head !

I guess i'll find out start of Jan.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64306 on: November 25, 2021, 06:33:46 pm »
Cheers SOS & Craig im not scared of needles or anything like that just put a few doubts in my head !

I guess i'll find out start of Jan.
My Mum has just turned 81 and she had no problems after her booster.

I hope yours is as uneventful as hers.  :)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64307 on: November 25, 2021, 06:36:23 pm »
I booked my booster for December 24th. Does anyone know if I went to a walk-in vax center that they would be able to do it before then?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64308 on: November 25, 2021, 06:37:09 pm »

Had ours Tuesday, bit of a dead arm which is still slightly tender. Missus was rough yesterday, had to go to bed in the afternoon as she felt tired but still went out for an Indian with her mate, but hardly ate or drank. Today she's back to her annoying full of energy, farting piss taking self.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #64309 on: November 25, 2021, 06:39:27 pm »

My sisters had hers last week on Saturday and hasn't had any issue. If things go to plan, I'm taking my mum for her and my booster tomorrow. Don't really expect any issues with it except maybe being tired later in the day and getting a good long sleep and maybe a slightly sore arm like for the first two shots...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64310 on: November 25, 2021, 06:40:22 pm »
I booked my booster for December 24th. Does anyone know if I went to a walk-in vax center that they would be able to do it before then?
I'm no authority on this, but if your six months since your second jab is up, I think you should be able to get it at a walk-in.

I was given that option today, but my nearest walk-in vaccination centre doesn't do the booster, so I just booked elsewhere online for December instead.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64311 on: November 25, 2021, 06:41:07 pm »
Had ours Tuesday, bit of a dead arm which is still slightly tender. Missus was rough yesterday, had to go to bed in the afternoon as she felt tired but still went out for an Indian with her mate, but hardly ate or drank. Today she's back to her annoying full of energy, farting piss taking self.

:lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64312 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:23 pm »
:lmao

As I was typing that she let a fucking ripper go, hence why I added the farting bit ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64313 on: November 25, 2021, 07:14:11 pm »
As I was typing that she let a fucking ripper go, hence why I added the farting bit ;D

This is Mrs Robb, this is;

"She talks like Marlene Dietrich
And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
Your clothes are all made by Balmain
And there's diamonds and pearls in your hair"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64314 on: November 25, 2021, 07:34:41 pm »
This is Mrs Robb, this is;

"She talks like Marlene Dietrich
And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
Your clothes are all made by Balmain
And there's diamonds and pearls in your hair"

Nah, this is more like her

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U6AMDEMXlco" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U6AMDEMXlco</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #64315 on: November 25, 2021, 07:39:20 pm »

Wife and I both had ours last month - no ill effects at all.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64316 on: November 25, 2021, 09:12:39 pm »
Look at this chart.

It’s outcompeting Delta. It’s now in general circulation in SA rather than just a few pockets.

Obviously no doubt that means we let everyone from South Africa in.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64317 on: November 25, 2021, 09:17:33 pm »
Obviously no doubt that means we let everyone from South Africa in.
Not this time it seems. No flights in from South Africa from noon tomorrow.

Plus 5 other countries.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64318 on: November 25, 2021, 09:18:29 pm »
South Africa and near by countries to be added to the Red List.

Considering this is potentially the second variant of concern to come from that part of the world and its high prevalence of HIV and AIDS (some experts think people with weakened immune systems can be the source of variants) it should be a priority for vaccination.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64319 on: November 25, 2021, 09:22:54 pm »
Government has acted quickly for once fair play. All we know at the minute is that its got a lot of mutations, jury is out on how transmissible and how deadly it is pointless speculating until there's more data.