Author Topic: Southampton vs Liverpool. March 1st 2014. 17.30 KO  (Read 73484 times)

Offline Lots of Medals

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Southampton vs Liverpool. March 1st 2014. 17.30 KO
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »
People too worried. We have two top league scorers.
We win by a 3 or higher goal margin.
We are unstoppable when we are up for it and we will be up for it.
Their tactics, pressing is irrelevant.

Agree with the first part, but if they get their pressing game right as Swansea did for most of last Sundays game it will need all the mid-field and SG behind to be sharp.
Can't see a slip up but we were on a good run then came Villa at home....awful .

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #401 on: February 27, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »
Mate at home we are the best team in the league by a mile, or at least battling with Manchester City for the top spot.

Our away form is piss poor, Won 5, Lost 4 and Drawn 4 - Look at West Brom, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle - All games we should have won not to mention that we've lost to Southampton two games in a row.

We are a much improved team over the first part of the season that included leggy away performances.
We will beat them in some style.
Also Konoplyanka at White H Lane now, should be a good watch.

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #402 on: February 27, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »
We are a much improved team over the first part of the season that included leggy away performances.
We will beat them in some style.
Also Konoplyanka at White H Lane now, should be a good watch.
If we lose mate im holding you personally responsible lol
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #403 on: February 27, 2014, 08:27:50 pm »
Mate at home we are the best team in the league by a mile, or at least battling with Manchester City for the top spot.

Our away form is piss poor, Won 5, Lost 4 and Drawn 4 - Look at West Brom, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle - All games we should have won not to mention that we've lost to Southampton two games in a row.

City and Chelsea have much the same away record.

Piss poor is the 1-3-9 that Cardiff have.

We're nowhere near piss poor away
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #404 on: February 27, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »

Our away form is not piss Poor at least look at it in context. Having that record after playing Everton Spurs, Arsenal Chelsea, Manc city all away Is hardly dreadful.

At least Judge It at the end of the season. By the way the great Man city and Chelsea are only 2 and 3 points better off then us away don't see anyone giving them stick for their away form.. ::)

Can't stand People Jumping to assumptions without looking at the facts!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »
We must be due a win at their gaff.  Seems like a while since the last one.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #406 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:33 pm »
We must be due a win at their gaff.  Seems like a while since the last one.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:49 pm »
I'm sorry; are we playing Barca here?  ::)
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #408 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »
Our away form is not piss Poor at least look at it in context. Having that record after playing Everton Spurs, Arsenal Chelsea, Manc city all away Is hardly dreadful.

At least Judge It at the end of the season. By the way the great Man city and Chelsea are only 2 and 3 points better off then us away don't see anyone giving them stick for their away form.. ::)

Can't stand People Jumping to assumptions without looking at the facts!
still not brilliant is it... fair enough piss poor was taking it a bit far and in truth it is decent but we do struggle against southampton and we do have a tendency to not turn up at all to some away games. Drew against 10 men at newcastle, the hull result, threw away leads against West Brom and Swansea. It all depends on what liverpool side turn up.
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:47 pm »

It's okay mate some of these lads shit it against Cardiff and Hull when we were due to play them at home.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2014, 08:49:20 pm »

We've beaten Barca away more recently than Southampton! ;)
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »
It's okay mate some of these lads shit it against Cardiff and Hull when we were due to play them at home.

Long may it continue, the more shitting of kecks pre match on here the better the results seem to get

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:42 pm »
We've beaten Barca away more recently than Southampton! ;)

Confirmed: Barcelona are worse than Southampton. Saints to win the Champions League is a major upset, having not played in the competition at all.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2014, 09:36:27 pm »
Can't imagine Coutinho not starting, despite Joe Allen's performance last week. Phil is so important to us being able to break rapidly and devastatingly. If he and Gerrard play well, Suarez and Sturridge will get their chances.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:06 pm »
City and Chelsea have much the same away record.

Piss poor is the 1-3-9 that Cardiff have.

We're nowhere near piss poor away

And to add to that, three of our away defeats were to the current top three clubs, so the away record is quite skewed at the moment.  I would say we have an average to above average away form.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:49 pm »
They are 9th in the league guys. 9th. They are closer to the bottom 3 in points than they are to us. We have scored practically twice as many goals as them this season. They are a decent team on their day but the way some of you lot are talking its as if we are preparing against Bayern or Barca. Get a bit of perspective. If we play to the level that we know we can, like we did against Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal & Everton, we wont need to worry about them.

Im actually happy we had the Swansea performance because hopefully we will be working twice as hard this week in training to ensure that we don't have a repeat defensive performance. I think it was the wake up call we needed. We got away with it last week but I think we'll be making sure this week that we are focussed and ready to go and get 3 points.

I can see Luis getting on the scoresheet. After his excellent unselfish teamplay in recent weeks, I think it would be fitting for him to get the winner in this one. However he may be saving himself for Old Trafford  ;D

I think we'll win, and im going to be bold and say we'll keep a clean sheet too.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2014, 10:11:22 pm »
If we win this, I am going to get too excited about this league finish that's for sure!

Would love to see us use Allen to calm the midfield a bit and help Gerrard; probably in place of Coutinho although that is a very tight call.

After beating Fulham and Swansea the way we did, a 1-0 win at Southampton would be lovely and give us a weird sense of voodoo momentum going until that final 10 games---especially with King Sakho's 2 weeks to get ready for Old Trafford.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #417 on: February 27, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »
Lawro has predicted a 2-0 win we are fucked  :-X

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: February 27, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »
They are 9th in the league guys. 9th. They are closer to the bottom 3 in points than they are to us. We have scored practically twice as many goals as them this season. They are a decent team on their day but the way some of you lot are talking its as if we are preparing against Bayern or Barca. Get a bit of perspective. If we play to the level that we know we can, like we did against Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal & Everton, we wont need to worry about them.

Im actually happy we had the Swansea performance because hopefully we will be working twice as hard this week in training to ensure that we don't have a repeat defensive performance. I think it was the wake up call we needed. We got away with it last week but I think we'll be making sure this week that we are focussed and ready to go and get 3 points.

I can see Luis getting on the scoresheet. After his excellent unselfish teamplay in recent weeks, I think it would be fitting for him to get the winner in this one. However he may be saving himself for Old Trafford  ;D

I think we'll win, and im going to be bold and say we'll keep a clean sheet too.
Remember Hull,Aston villa ? Not taking anything for granted.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:35 pm »

Remember spurs away?.  ;D

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

Not sure if its taking things for granted but Id expect Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City to win this fixture

Fairynuf the Arse drew 2-2 here in Jan but Id still think they'd expect to win this one at this stage of the season.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline antuan

• Main Stander
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2014, 10:32:09 pm »

This........although I think it'll be 3-1.
Let's twat these twats.

Offline antuan

• Main Stander
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »

Yeah, but they weren't in the Prem between 2005 and 2012.
Let's twat these twats.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:25 pm »
Gonna win ....convinced of it  :)

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »
If we're serious about our credentials we need to stand up and be counted every single game, no over looking anyone, 110% until all the games are done.

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »
20 years ago this month that I watched Southampton put 4 past us at the Dell, in the student union bar. I think that was the first time I thought we really were in the decline. Hopefully this time it will be the opposite...!

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »

His predictions have us on 51 points this season, not far off what we are actually on but underestimating us slightly if anything. Also his predictions have no effect on the game :D

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2014, 11:41:07 pm »
Clean sheet? He's nuts... 7-9 final score.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Wuss_WUM: Diss_missed but won't be ATALL_missed.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2014, 11:46:37 pm »
I'd do anything for 3 points, don't care how we play, it's obviously going to be a tough one but i think we can do them. Were a much stronger and better team than the last time we played them.
I'll bring out the stats and heat maps if we sign him.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:15 pm »
Not sure if its taking things for granted but Id expect Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City to win this fixture

Fairynuf the Arse drew 2-2 here in Jan but Id still think they'd expect to win this one at this stage of the season.

Not only did Arsenal draw 2-2, City drew 1-1 aswell.

Southampton are the exact kind of team we can struggle against. Players need to be on top of their game
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:46 am »
Most teams struggle away from home in the PL. That is the harsh reality of it. Spurs have the most away wins this season, but they've only won 6 games at home so it's more or less a wash.

Away grounds are very tough to play on. There are a number of factors that contribute to this, and it isn't simply because that team is poor on the road.

Conversely, Southampton have only won 5 games at home all season, which is only 2 more than bottom placed Fulham.

I honestly think Southampton are in for a bit of a rude awakening this time around. It might be because they think they have us figured out, and that will play in to our hands, because Rodgers will have learned an awful lot after playing them in the last 2 matches. We're a much better team than we last played at St. Mary's last season, and we're also better than we were at Anfield earlier this season.
YWNA

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2014, 12:21:57 am »
still not brilliant is it... fair enough piss poor was taking it a bit far and in truth it is decent but we do struggle against southampton and we do have a tendency to not turn up at all to some away games. Drew against 10 men at newcastle, the hull result, threw away leads against West Brom and Swansea. It all depends on what liverpool side turn up.

If our away from was any better we'd be running away with the title. Our away form is good enough and combined with our recent form should be more than enough for Southampton. They're decent, we are fantastic!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2014, 12:44:13 am »
Just reading through a few Southampton forums and the general vibe is that they arent very confident on this one.

A lot of them think they will be on the end of a spanking if we play at all, which is probably true.

Just thought they would be slighlt more confident considering how well they have done against us over the years. 
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2014, 01:20:28 am »
One bloke on the southampton forum even reckons we will win the league, it's very rare to find another forum be as complimentary towards us!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:48 am »
Fulham are one of the worst teams in the league and we found the match very difficult. In other words, why is the league position of the opponent being mention like that alone makes the match piss easy? Can't take anything for granted. I don't care how we do it, as long as it's 3 points but this will be far from easy as some are saying.

Offline chevronla

• Kemlynite
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2014, 02:10:16 am »
Every game here on in is massive, this along with the Mancs are probably the most crucial. Our poor record against Southampton is the main reason but if we're serious about challenging for 4th we've got to banish any long standing taboos.

Southampton are a great team to watch and I probably consider them my second team, not for any underlying misgivings of the so called "well run" club stuff because they are reasonably backed, but more for the team, players and style of football. Shaw, Clyne et al, what's not like? There dangerous pretty much all over the park, Lambert and Rogriguez chip In With the goals leading the forward line and Lallana from midfield. Fonts too adds an additional threat from the back so they typify the inclusive meritocracy the our own Boss likes to see.

The question doing the rounds is do we play Coutinho or Allen, the answer for me lies in the tactics Rodgers goes for. In the past we've struggled against Southampton because of our lack of legs in the middle and their abundance of them. Our middle is a little different this time around with Lucas out and Gerrard deeper with less onus on him pressing. The pressing responsibility lies with PC & JH, if we set up in a similar fashion to Arsenal, sitting a little deeper and striking on the break then I'd go with the two of them, Coutinho provides a great link between attack and defence and allows us to spring forward quicker on the counter allowing us to do maximum damage. The alternative is matching them toe to toe, in which case I'd go for Allen who tends to provide a little more solidity and control. It's a toss up what Rodgers will do but he's got most of his big calls right of late.

On the whole given our most recent meetings a draw would be a decent result, odlly enough I feel quite confident, more so now than in previous meeting and wi our attack anything can happen. Despite the milieu of madness of our late fixtures I'm going for a sneaky 1-0 win, Suarez goal. 

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2014, 02:12:23 am »
Fulham are one of the worst teams in the league and we found the match very difficult. In other words, why is the league position of the opponent being mention like that alone makes the match piss easy? Can't take anything for granted. I don't care how we do it, as long as it's 3 points but this will be far from easy as some are saying.

We were very good value for the win. Just some baffling defending that got us in a tricky situation, Fullham barely created anything.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:31 am »
It also depends on what Coutinho shows up on the day as well (if he plays). He's a run of games in that midfield role now, and he's shown the kind of tenacity, work-rate and pressing that have been crucial to some of our biggest victories. He's also had games where he's been much more subdued and failed to have a real influence there.

I'd personally like to see Allen in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers backed Coutinho to play against Southampton.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2014, 02:17:51 am »
Just reading through a few Southampton forums and the general vibe is that they arent very confident on this one.

A lot of them think they will be on the end of a spanking if we play at all, which is probably true.

Just thought they would be slighlt more confident considering how well they have done against us over the years. 
Fan sentiment don't really translate to player performance on the pitch though - they could just up their game against us to play spoilers against a team on the ascendancy.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:52 am »
Didn't these guys press us like mad at Anfield which messed us all up? I remember somebody wanted Wanyama and Rodriguez instead of our guys esp Gerrard at the time.

But never mind that shit, are they going to attack a solitary Gerrard like flies on honey and try to kill him in this game? Footie smart people , I need assurances Rodgers will handle this situation.

Four KinGSSS!    Pocho down.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.