Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70586 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:30 pm »
I just laugh at the notion of Suarez disgracing a tournament that's seen people die in the process of putting it on in the first place.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:51 pm »
There are a couple of things i cannot get my head around regarding this situation. Firstly what happened to innocent until proven guilty. For me Suarez has already been hung drawn and quartered in a pretty despicable example of trial by media. Shouldn't we be waiting and finding out what the actual evidence is before we prejudge the issue. What I have seen upto now is pretty inconclusive.

Secondly what happened to our ethos of us being a family. If and for me it still an if Luis has done something wrong then what happened to rallying around and supporting each other through the hard times. We are all human and we all mistakes and if Luis has made one then for me we should be rallying around him and supporting him. That doesn't mean trying to be tribalistic and looking to defend the indefensible but acknowledging that we all make mistakes from time to time but you have to recover from those mistakes.

In my twenties  I frequently did things that were wrong and things that I am not proud of and would hazard a guess that the people who are so quick to condemn Luis probably did the same. It's not about the mistakes you make in life but how you react to them that counts.

Why not stick to together ride out the storm and lets see how it pans out.

Good post mate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
Bigmouth Strikes Again

The fact that your username is named after a song that reportedly took the piss out of the city of Liverpool

It's all gone a bit eighties Manchester in here!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:57 pm »
There have been many nasty intentional leg breaking tackles over the years. tackles that are full of malice yet they have not received the publicity Suarez bite has had today. the bite was not really dangerous it was just so shocking, it's more disgusting than dangerous. I still remember being just as disgusted when Frank Riykaard spat in Ruddy Vollers face in a WC game.
Suarez may have suffered worse physically yet he will get the abuse, there is no defending his actions and he deserves an international ban, he should also be forced to go to counselling. if he holds his hand up and admits what he did was disgraceful and acknowledge he needs help then he needs support.
If he continues to deny and refuse to accept he has done nothing wrong then he doesn't deserve support from his fans.

Spot on!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2014, 06:40:18 pm »
You're definitely on a wind-up.

The fact that your username is named after a song that reportedly took the piss out of the city of Liverpool as well leads me to believe you are not on the level.

Expert on the stone roses as well now?  I consider Merseyside to be a paradise ,Im very proud my family where born there .
Insert obscure quote here

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »
I would not hold it against FSG if they sell at this point, but I do think this could truly be rock bottom for Suarez, which is a good thing for us.

He has done bad stuff before and has been punished by suspension but in all three previous cases the games he was suspended for were relatively meaningless games with less competitive Liverpool teams and in less prestigious leagues. 

If being banned for the world cup finals round of 16 won't get him to stop than nothing will. He must be absolutely devastated if he does get banned and I feel he would do everything in his power to avoid the ban for meaningful Liverpool league and European games in the future.

I would thus still like to give him another shot but would not hate on FSG if they thought differently. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »
You're definitely on a wind-up.

The fact that your username is named after a song that reportedly took the piss out of the city of Liverpool as well leads me to believe you are not on the level.
I thought it was written because the Mersey runs to Stockport?
In fact, isnt Stockport Countys ground the closest League ground to the River Mersey?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »
It's all gone a bit eighties Manchester in here!

Can you dig it?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »
Expert on the stone roses as well now? I consider Merseyside to be a paradise ,Im very proud my family where born there .

Well, no. That's why I said "reportedly".

I still think you're on a wind up though. You keep shifting the goal posts to keep an argument going.

Offline Son of Stag

• Main Stander
« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »
BBC Reporting that any ban could be carried over into domestic football Gordon Taylor saying he fears for Suarez career its a fucking joke

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:48 pm »
There are a couple of things i cannot get my head around regarding this situation. Firstly what happened to innocent until proven guilty. For me Suarez has already been hung drawn and quartered in a pretty despicable example of trial by media. Shouldn't we be waiting and finding out what the actual evidence is before we prejudge the issue. What I have seen upto now is pretty inconclusive.

Secondly what happened to our ethos of us being a family. If and for me it still an if Luis has done something wrong then what happened to rallying around and supporting each other through the hard times. We are all human and we all mistakes and if Luis has made one then for me we should be rallying around him and supporting him. That doesn't mean trying to be tribalistic and looking to defend the indefensible but acknowledging that we all make mistakes from time to time but you have to recover from those mistakes.

In my twenties  I frequently did things that were wrong and things that I am not proud of and would hazard a guess that the people who are so quick to condemn Luis probably did the same. It's not about the mistakes you make in life but how you react to them that counts.

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty

But you've got to look at his reaction at full time, is it the reaction of someone who realises he's done something incredibly stupid and will be punished for it ? or the reaction of someone who's done nothing wrong in a game his team have won, sending them into the next round of the biggest competition in football ?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »

Pretty sensible post.

It's pretty difficult to work out what goes through Luis' mind on these occasions but the post from Baba Yagu above goes some way to explain why he reacts in this way occasionally and unless you have had that upbringing (and the Dingle doesn't quite count) then I don't think you can get near what he feels.

What I will say having played a lot of football as a kid is that I would much rather have had someone bite me on the shoulder than tackle me from behind and do my ACL or smash me in the mouth off the ball for taking the piss or countless other acts of violence we all endured 20-30 years ago. A little nibble on the shoulder is something to laugh at and not spend my saturday evening in a packed A&E.

Yes, he knows he shouldn't do it and also the likely sanction which means there should actually be some sympathy for him as part of a) the Liverpool family- definitely and b) the wider football family. It is a totally instinctive reaction when his wires are crossed.

Just think what he is losing directly here in terms of his involvement in the World Cup for the football mad country that he clearly loves. He is in the last 16 having worked his nuts off to get fit for a month, he is at his peak and now he is out of the tournament and his country will surely follow him 90 minutes later.

This isn't a bloke who doesn't care. He cares desperately about his family and thus his country and he has let them down. I think he will be absolutely devastated. There's no talk about doing to as part of trying to get away like there was before, these are the biggest games he will ever play in, and now he won't be playing. 

For me he needs help and our support.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #532 on: June 25, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »
He was lead astray

But to be fair, those pictures of the supposed bite marks are very graphite

La Pais apparent show Chellini celebrating with shirt off many moons ago.

Guess what ,...the marks where there then.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:55 pm »
Silly boy. Hopefully it makes it less likely he'll be leaving us.

Worst scenario? We sell him on the cheap, to a CL rival. Why should we punish ourselves like that? Makes no sense at all. Let's have a moral victory while everyone else is winning trophies, yay!

It would be funny if it wasn't happening to one of our players, I've seen people saying "he needs a longer ban so he'll be put off biting people." Yep, because it's definitely a cost-risk deliberation he makes prior to doing the deed. Missing the World Cup and being banned from his country is worth that little nibble. Obviously. Only a jail sentence and a public flogging will deter him.

The guy has a problem and hopefully we fully support him. It's important he recognises he has this problem though.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #534 on: June 25, 2014, 06:48:22 pm »
Posted this elsewhere trying to explain why Luis is the way he is.

Quote from: BabuYagu on Today at 04:40:28 PM
To all those asking why, that is the easiest part for me now. Before I moved to Brazil I wouldn´t get it either. Biting is reserved for small children and untrained animals.

However, you go watch some street football in the favelas of latin america and you will see this and much much worse. It is a weird combination of animalistic instinct and playground football as I knew growing up in the UK. All sorts of weird hair pulling, eye poking, biting, rabbit punching, spitting etc. So that is where Luis learned his footballing/competitive instincts. Not in some lush academy with professional coaches.

The thing is, this background is exactly why we love Luis. Those instincts are what sets him apart from the rest. How many times have we seen him predict the seemingly unpredictable (Uruguays 2nd against England?) or fight his way through an avalanche of tackles, miraculously keeping the ball for us to score (v Man United setting up Kuyt). Players like that don't come from academies, they are created in the hell that is a latin favela. If we want to have a player like that then we will have to accept the occassional moment of madness.

Something I haven´t shared with anybody before is, I cried the first time I was in a favela. I had recently become a father and seeing what can only be described as ferrel kids running around was upsetting enough. I was with a Military Police fire officer at the time who was explaining how they all live at risk of landslide or their housing collapsing at any time. Every day he gets called out to pull a family out of the rubble of their house which they build themselves with zero understanding of architecture or construction. When it rains, entire neighbourhoods are literally washed off the side of a mountain. Thousands die. They start rebuilding the same shitty houses in the same insane places the very next day. His job is to visit these people and get them to sign a release saying a government official has explained the dangers of their living environment to them so they cannot sue the state when tragedy inevitably occurs.

"Sign a release, you mean convince them to move right?"
"Move where? I thought the same when I started this job, I'll be the guy who makes a difference. Their starting point is that the government doesn't want them here, they want them out so they can build beautiful condiminiums with amazing views on these hills. I was attacked, spat at, you name it. Not once was I listened to. So now I get the signature and I leave."

Those who want to be judgemental really should spend a moment walking in those shoes.

For me, anybody who can get out of that situation fair fucks to them. I doubt you can remove that from his game as it is hardcoded into him.

Luis isn't playing "In the Favelas" anymore, he's playing in a World Cup and for one of the biggest teams in Europe. There must be thousands and thousands of South American footballers playing at major clubs all around the world who may have started playing in Favela-like conditions - It would be interesting to see how many of them have carried on these traits with them to adulthood that you say have made Luis the way he is.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #535 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:53 pm »
BBC Reporting that any ban could be carried over into domestic football Gordon Taylor saying he fears for Suarez career its a fucking joke

How many times has that been debunked on here  ::)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #536 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:09 pm »

Excellent post mate. A lot of these things Ive said myself but not put anywhere near as well. I don't sing "You'll never walk alone" while thinking "unless you fuck something up then I'll be screaming for blood with the rest of them"

Also those saying they take issue with the first paragraph need to really think about that long and hard. Imagine a society where the media decide guilt or innocence.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #537 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »
He'll have to change his name by deed poll and everything!
Do you not think Etihad Ed has something catchy about it?. I will support him moving his allegiance. Which club should probably be totally his decision, in fairness.

In all this circus I am just hoping any ban has nothing to do with domestic games. I am very much in the camp that he has not hurt anyone, just has a weird thing he needs to fix with a shrink. If you want to be angry about something have a look at the world's starving and tortured, whole races displaced on the basis of ethnicity etc. Plenty of proper horrible shit going on without getting knickers in a twist over what happens without injury between millionaires on a sportsfield. As long as alan shearer is unable to unkick Neil Lennon in the face, he needs to shut his sanctimonious mouth, same goes for all the players that ever maliciously fouled and have something to spout right now.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #538 on: June 25, 2014, 06:53:28 pm »
What if a player slipped his hand down the front of another's shorts and fondled him? What sort of ban does that carry? Or inserting a finger?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: June 25, 2014, 06:53:36 pm »
You see, I personally think he done it, but Al is right, while that video looks bad, it doesn't definitively prove a bite, just a coming together.

no, it was a bite, definetly..

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #540 on: June 25, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »

Our club should complain to CAS or somebody if FIFA drag us into this. It is illegal to apply that ban to domestic competitions.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #541 on: June 25, 2014, 06:55:53 pm »
I defended Suarez after the Evra business. There was no excuse for biting Ivanovic last year and no excuse for this. Defenders and opposition supporters will be trying harder than ever to provoke him next season knowing he'll react.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: June 25, 2014, 06:56:22 pm »
no, it was a bite, definetly..
Well then you're privy to evidence the rest of us aren't.  I think it was a bite, but I can't definitively say that was the case.

Online God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »
I thought it was written because the Mersey runs to Stockport?
In fact, isnt Stockport Countys ground the closest League ground to the River Mersey?

Nah it was about a gig in Widnes, wasn't it?
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #544 on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »
I defended Suarez after the Evra business. There was no excuse for biting Ivanovic last year and no excuse for this. Defenders and opposition supporters will be trying harder than ever to provoke him next season knowing he'll react.

I don't think he does it after being provoked though, it didn't appear that way against Ivanovic, and didn't appear that way last night. I mean he has been provoked, kicked, fouled all over the show in some games for us and not lashed out. It more seems when he is frustrated imo.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #545 on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:43 pm »

That post would have been brilliant after the first time he bit somebody.

And maybe the second time, too.

But now it's the third offence and Luis keeps dragging our reputation that Shanks, Paisley, etc all buiilt through the mud.  I for one think they would roll in their graves at the thought that we would tolerate this behaviour. And that's ignoring any other of his "misdemeanours". How many more times will you have to write similar posts for Suarez before you decide enough is enough?

What's more important here? The club or the player?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #546 on: June 25, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »
I would not hold it against FSG if they sell at this point, but I do think this could truly be rock bottom for Suarez, which is a good thing for us.

He has done bad stuff before and has been punished by suspension but in all three previous cases the games he was suspended for were relatively meaningless games with less competitive Liverpool teams and in less prestigious leagues. 

If being banned for the world cup finals round of 16 won't get him to stop than nothing will. He must be absolutely devastated if he does get banned and I feel he would do everything in his power to avoid the ban for meaningful Liverpool league and European games in the future.

I would thus still like to give him another shot but would not hate on FSG if they thought differently. 
Why would FSG countenance selling Suarez he allegedly committed an offence while working for a National team,he was not working for his employers.FSG should only sell if the player puts in a transfer request and his buy out fee is met in full and upfront.Suarez is nothing more than an asset to FSG and will still easily command his full release fee.
Kenny Godglish

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #547 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »
Neymar "clearly" has mental issues, he should get a 2 year worldwide ban.  Get a grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28pMVCCkWk

I'm sorry but that is nowhere near as bad as suarez. I could understand people defending him if it was the first time he has done this but 3 times? Come off it. He has let himself down, lfc and his country. When he finishes his career non lfc supporters will remember him as the racist biter.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:25 pm »
That post would have been brilliant after the first time he bit somebody.

And maybe the second time, too.

But now it's the third offence and Luis keeps dragging our reputation that Shanks, Paisley, etc all buiilt through the mud.  I for one think they would roll in their graves at the thought that we would tolerate this behaviour. And that's ignoring any other of his "misdemeanours". How many more times will you have to write similar posts for Suarez before you decide enough is enough?

What's more important here? The club or the player?

The most important thing is perspective

Do we hear a wailing and gnashing of teeth when Flanagan nails a player without winning the ball? Do we demand that player gets sold?

If not, why not?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #549 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »

Good post. FIFA should have more access to different cameras from around the ground as they continually capture images and I think I'm in agreement with you that, it is for FIFA to regulate a persons guilt or innocence based on the evidence at hand.

What is important to remember is that this is unlike any other situation (Unless we're talking about prior behaviour on Luis' part), and you're right, we'll have to just wait and see. Some of the biased posts, here and there, whilst commendable, are more deluded than anything else.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #550 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
The only way suarez is getting off is if he gives bob massingbird a call I remember Massingbird's most famous case, the case of the bloody knife. A man was found next to a murdered body, he had the knife in his hand, thirteen witnesses that seen him stab the victim, and when the police arrived he said, "I'm glad I killed the bastard." Massingbird not only got him off, but he got him knighted in the New Year's Honors list, and the relatives of the victim had to pay to have the blood washed out of his jacket....

@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #551 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:04 pm »
I'm sorry but that is nowhere near as bad as suarez. I could understand people defending him if it was the first time he has done this but 3 times? Come off it. He has let himself down, lfc and his country. When he finishes his career non lfc supporters will remember him as the racist biter.

Oh lordy whatever will we do?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #552 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:23 pm »
There really are more pressing questions than that, don't you think?
I don't know, I think it's a pertinent question myself!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: June 25, 2014, 07:03:51 pm »

To be fair tho All, this will be the third bite he's done and the evra incident. There has to come a point were you say a mistake is a mistake, but Suarez looks like he has some sort on possible mental problem that makes him bite people. Its just not normal behaviour for a fully grown adult. He needs some psychiatric help to try and sort this out.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #554 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:28 pm »
FIFA is such a rotten corrupt organisation it's not beyond the bounds of possibilities that Suarezs defence gets him off on some technicality.
Kenny Godglish

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:39 pm »
To be fair tho All, this will be the third bite he's done and the evra incident. There has to come a point were you say a mistake is a mistake, but Suarez looks like he has some sort on possible mental problem that makes him bite people. Its just not normal behaviour for a fully grown adult. He needs some psychiatric help to try and sort this out.

The Evra incident is only an "incident" if you believe he was guilty. Otherwise it should be seen as a massive and convenient miscarriage of justice

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:48 pm »
To be fair tho All, this will be the third bite he's done and the evra incident.

To be fair two of them have been for a different club and his national side

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #557 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »

So you think he racially abused Evra even after reading their document?

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »
Here's a question...

If a player is injured whilst playing international football, the club receives compensation from the countries FA.

Would the same happen here if he gets a big ban?

Would make sense wouldn't it?

Males no sense at all. Injuries could be from an accidental collision. What Suarez done was deliberate. No chance we will get compensation for that.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #559 on: June 25, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »
The most important thing is perspective

Do we hear a wailing and gnashing of teeth when Flanagan nails a player without winning the ball? Do we demand that player gets sold?

If not, why not?

Are you comparing a mis-timed tackle to a pre-meditated bite?

A better question would be: would people be defending Flanagan so strongly here if it was him who bit Chiellini? Or would he be shown the door?