Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70595 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »
I'm hoping for a nice, corrupt FIFA decision that ensures Suarez gets no ban whatsoever due to the lack of conclusive evidence ;D

I would just love to see the UK tabloid reaction.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »
Not only that, it could be damaging for Liverpool because Standard Chartered or any one of our commercial partners could turn around next week and say 'fuck this, I don't want to be associated with this shit because it is damaging our brand'. I could be wrong, but the last time this happened didn't they make it clear that this type of behavior has to stop if players are wearing their name on their chest?

There is zero evidence any of his past actions have harmed the club commercially, in fact we're enjoying the best ever commercial success ever, and that's after his two incidents whilst in a Liverpool shirt.

In fact, Standard Charted renewed their deal with us AFTER those two incidents.

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2014, 08:12:10 pm »
Martin Tyler saying he can't see him playing in England again after this, then goes onto ask who on earth would take him. Fuck you on about mate?

I don't give a toss about his behaviour and what people think about him to be honest. When he bangs in a hat trick on the first game of the season we will all be praising him. If I was another club supporter I would hate the guy, but it would be more out of jealousy and I would be privately begging for us to sell him, just like our rival supporters are doing now.
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2014, 08:12:26 pm »
I love the fact it's pissed so many mancs and other fans and media off. My old man rang me after it happened and said "you see that"? I said Yeh he's a mentler and we both laughed. Fact is, he needs help not punishment. He's one of the best footballers in the world and I'm so past giving a Fuck that it just amuses me now. Oh the morale outrage, think of the children, put him in prison...for fucks sake someone actually seriously said that....You can only laugh as clearly some are just as mental as our Louis. I'll support him, don't care, hope he continues to be the best in the league and pisses them all off even more.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
There is zero evidence any of his past actions have harmed the club commercially, in fact we're enjoying the best ever commercial success ever, and that's after his two incidents whilst in a Liverpool shirt.

Standard Charted are in no position to be talking about morality, after this:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390444318104577589380427559426

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:03 pm »
He's become a danger to the team. For example, Gerrard never realized how close to danger he was:

Holy fuck..he actually does look like he going to take a nibble of Stevie :lmao

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »
We could even be cute and market that side of him, the troubled street kid come good.

Settled family life, lovely wife, 2 lovely kids, national hero but the dark side lingers despite his valiant attempts to overcome it.

The dark side costs him is life long dream.......now he is on the road to redemption and determined to take his club and all those that stuck with him to glory......

;D
Read this FSG. You can turn the whole thing into a very lucrative market campaign.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2014, 08:13:50 pm »
You're definitely on a wind-up.

The fact that your username is named after a song that reportedly took the piss out of the city of Liverpool as well leads me to believe you are not on the level.

Does it bollocks take the piss out of Liverpool, you know the Mersey also runs through Manchester right?
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »
What! I'd literally rather be hung from my nipples by meat hooks, with alsatians snapping at my bollocks, all the time being forced to wear a pair of flip flops, than be bitten.
It would be a pleasure to have my leg broken!

Not.Sure.If.Serious?

Throw a pair of white socks on with the flip flops and now your talkin.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #689 on: June 25, 2014, 08:14:11 pm »

They may not have done before, but there is no guarantee it won't harm them after this.
YWNA

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
I know they are both bad, but they are not equal in magnitude.

But people are treating Suarez's incident as if it was on par with racism, drugs, match-fixing or domestic violence, rather than the stupid incident on the field caused by a flash of the red mist that it is.

Agree. Too many people want to treat this as if it's the worst that has ever happened on a football pitch. At least when we consider the length of the ban people suggest.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »
I gave you a list of 7 players who have remarkable similarities to Luis' beginnings in football and all demonstrate similar problems. I live right next to the neighbourhood that Edmundo was born and grew up and have seen first hand EXACTLY what happens there. You are talking from a position of zero knowledge, experience and frankly, complete ignorance.

I don´t need to "prove" anything. I can see it. I am telling you what I have seen.

You talk of those thousands of players and yet the examples you have given is someone who grew up in a middleclass family hundreds of miles away from the nearest favela.

Again, you are looking for an exception to a rule. I am not saying there is a rule, merely explaining the reasons why players of that background are SOMETIMES the way they are. Obviously, there will be instances where I am wrong. And, as proven with a list of examples, plenty of cases where I am right.

Now you're making assumptions about me as a person, therefore I will gladly say "Cest la vie" as calling me ignorant is plain stupid and I will no longer challenge your unproven claims in fear of being dragged into, what is quite frankly, a silly argument where you must surely have, zero expert knowledge, expert experience and frankly, complete knowledge.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:49 pm »
If they make a decision this quickly it won't be a global ban. 3/4 international matches most likely. Enough to rule him out of the WC and a friendly or two.
I wish I was as certain as you.

FIFA are unpredictable from nothing to a huge ban.... The range is wild
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2014, 08:21:07 pm »
We seem to not be making much of the snidey behaviour of Chielini in all this. He also needs to be more upfront about the pre existing scars if the pics are used in evidence. Best news seems to be that the BBC report of the incident (on the 8pm BBC R2 news) straight from a fifa spokeswomans mouth implies that any ban is for international football. Fingers crossed it is just so.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »
Many sensible words here, he's a football genius but with him comes uncontrolled acts of a psychotic nature...usually after a build up of frustration...yesterday was maybe his biggest game ever, frustration grew , especially after the Buffon save...then came the red mist..and with that permanent damage to his reputation.

Its sad , after a year of superb football and behaviour he had his detractors eating humble pie, then two stupid acts...one attacking the English media ( he had already inflicted the damage..it wasn't needed ) and then hitting the self destruct button which amongst other things enabled the cuntish media to have a field day.

I think what will come out of this is the Suarez on the cusp of joining the elite in world football will now be  forever flawed...we know how good he is, but simple fact is the perception of Suarez the player will be tainted by Suarez the person. On a personal level he will not achieve the financial rewards through sponsorship and advertising Messi , Ronaldo and Neymar enjoy....this will not be lost on his agent , who may have shed tears last night seeing all that money float away.

IMO the best thing for Suarez is to surround himself with people who care about him, can help him but will keep him in check and there is only one place for that...Liverpool Football Club.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:29:33 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »
I can't really answer that with statistics But you would be looking exclusively at attacking players though. Off the top of my head I know Edmundo, Romario (pissed out of a balcony onto journalists below), Neymar, Adriano (still lived in the favela he grew up in in Rio when playing for Flamengo), Diego Costa, Suárez.

There will be lost more though. Those are just the high profile ones that everyone will know. In South American football it happens all the time.

They are all attackers who learned how to deal with physically imposing players in street football. It's no coincidence that all these players spent the game kicking the shit out of Luis and are twice his size. He goes back to his instincts and deals with it how he learned to as a kid. In that moment he isn´t thinking about who is watching, what the stage is, what his wife/kids will think/say. It's entirely instinct. In that sense, he is still playing in the favela in that moment.

Tons of footballers make it from poverty, Ronaldo, Zico, Jairzinho, Romario and loads more that aren't stars playing all over the world. They don't usually resort to violence on the pitch, your theory is just daft.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:11 pm »
Tons of footballers make it from poverty, Ronaldo, Zico, Jairzinho, Romario and loads more that aren't stars playing all over the world. They don't usually resort to violence on the pitch, your theory is just daft.

On the pitch? Maybe not.

Off the Pitch?

Quote from: Wikipedia
On 21 October 2004 he [Romario] was fired from the club after a conflict with the coach. He also attacked a fan who had thrown six live chickens at him during training.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Franny

• RAWK Director of Geo-location
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:40 pm »
Why on earth would we sell him over this, just watch the other PL clubs bidding for him if we announced he was available and their hypocritical fans celebrating his purchase. Arsenal fans slagged him off, then fell in love with him (until they realised he wasn't going), then slagged him off again. This is being used as a stick by people and our media to hit Liverpool with. I am in Greece on holiday with access to satellite TV, some of it very shite, other than the BBC and Italian news, this ceased being a story earlier this morning. He has done wrong and will be punished, if he remains our player we support him, warts and all and to hell with what other clubs fans and media think. Putting two fingers up to the media and the ingerland brigade will do us no harm at all.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »
IMO the best thing for Suarez is to surround himself with people who care about him, can help him but will keep him in check and there is only one place for that...Liverpool Football Club.

Great point... after the back and forth with a few of you, I now come the same conclusion.  Oh, and he's really good, too.   :wave
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »
On the pitch? Maybe not.

Off the Pitch?

Well, if I had six live chickens thrown at me I would have some, er, response as well.  ;D

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »
On the pitch? Maybe not.

Off the Pitch?

I don't recall Chiellini throwing live chickens at Suarez. ;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:08 pm »

Poultry in motion, tra la la la la...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »
It was a poultry act
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »
Poultry in motion, tra la la la la...

:lmao

That's just fowl.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »
Martin Lipton said that the pic the mirror used wasn't photoshopped, it was 'colour corrected'

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #705 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:32 pm »
Why on earth would we sell him over this, just watch the other PL clubs bidding for him if we announced he was available and their hypocritical fans celebrating his purchase. Arsenal fans slagged him off, then fell in love with him (until they realised he wasn't going), then slagged him off again.

Oh absolutely. He's upside is worth far more that his downside. In other words, for what he brings to your team it's worth taking the risk on the baggage that comes with him.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Barca and Real are just as much interested as they were before yesterday.
YWNA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #706 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:52 pm »
Martin Lipton said that the pic the mirror used wasn't photoshopped, it was 'colour corrected'

We need more red! MORE RED! DAMNIT MORE RED!!!

That looks like blood.

PERFECT! PRINT IT!

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #707 on: June 25, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

Someone should tell him that any and all post-production of media is essentially "Photoshopping" (Depending on which was you look at it I suppose).

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »
I'm hoping for a nice, corrupt FIFA decision that ensures Suarez gets no ban whatsoever due to the lack of conclusive evidence ;D

I would just love to see the UK tabloid reaction.

I'd fucking crack up if that's the case!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2014, 08:42:35 pm »

That's because the Mirror used another application, not PhotoShop, to colour correct.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #710 on: June 25, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »
Danny Murphy looks like a RIGHT twat.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »

Im sure he did but Luis ducked
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #712 on: June 25, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »
Danny Murphy looks like a RIGHT twat.

Well, this isn't the thread I thought it was...

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #713 on: June 25, 2014, 08:45:37 pm »

You may not recall, doesn`t mean it didn`t happen. Slippy fuckers these Italians.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #714 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:40 pm »

Start one then. "Danny Murphy looks like a right twat".

I'll hapilly take bets on how long that one would last. ;)

(I do agree though)
Continually on 11,420.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #715 on: June 25, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »

So you're saying that Liverpool players can do anything when they're away from club and wont reflect on us?
Doesn't make any sense to me, of course this reflects on Liverpool, ridiculous to say otherwise.
How?  Please explain to me how?

People will stop supporting the club?  Didn't happen earlier.

They'll stop buying LFC gear?  Didin't happen either.

Sponsors will fuck us off?  Didn't happen either.

Fans of other clubs - who by the way would give their right arm to have him in their team - will pontificate about morality, club image blahblah fuckin blah??   So what, fuck 'em.

The media will also pontificate about the same bullshit?  A bit rich that.

So to summarize: people actually WANT us to sell one of the 3 best players in the WORLD(somehow doesn't matter that by that logic the buying club would suddenly become immoral, evil etc..) because they can't stand what the media and rival fans are going to be saying about us??

Grow a pair.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #716 on: June 25, 2014, 08:47:25 pm »

Okay, you're right, he looks very mingeworthy.  Are you happy now?

;D

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #717 on: June 25, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »
How?  Please explain to me how?

People will stop supporting the club?  Didn't happen earlier.

They'll stop buying LFC gear?  Didin't happen either.

Sponsors will fuck us off?  Didn't happen either.

Fans of other clubs - who by the way would give their right arm to have him in their team - will pontificate about morality, club image blahblah fuckin blah??   So what, fuck 'em.

The media will also pontificate about the same bullshit?  A bit rich that.

So to summarize: people actually WANT us to sell one of the 3 best players in the WORLD(somehow doesn't matter that by that logic the buying club would suddenly become immoral, evil etc..) because they can't stand what the media and rival fans are going to be saying about us??

Grow a pair.

You have a very apropos name, sir.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #718 on: June 25, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »

Zico was from a middle-class family in Rio. He has never lived in a favela in his life.

I know for a fact that Romario once pissed onto journalists off a hotel balcony while on International duty with Brazil.

Ronaldo pretty much only made it because Jairzinho met him and personally paid for him to become a footballer, paying for his gear, driving him to practices, ringing around pro clubs for him. I know this from actually speaking to Jairzinho himself. Without a mentor I have no doubt he would have a different story today.

I know so little of Jairzinho's childhood to comment. I would say though that these events are not really a big deal in Brazil and rarely make it into the public domain. In fact it is usually avoiding to protect the image of Selecão (see earler story of Romario for example).

Again, I wasn´t saying "born in favela = destined to be a psycho dickhead". I was merely offering an explaining of how some players develope a way to handle growing up in that environment that they find hard to shake afterwards.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: June 25, 2014, 08:54:16 pm »
You may not recall, doesn`t mean it didn`t happen. Slippy fuckers these Italians.

True, When an Italian tells me it's pasta on the plate I check under the sauce to make sure. They are the inventors of the smokescreen.