Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317917 times)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES
« Reply #30880 on: March 28, 2024, 10:09:03 pm »
Mogg will be my Portillo moment, watching that odeious stuck up nanny's boy get the boot will be pure joy
It's possible if people vote tactically. add Reform and it could happen. will be brilliant watching his face when the results announced.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30881 on: March 28, 2024, 10:13:10 pm »
It's possible if people vote tactically. add Reform and it could happen. will be brilliant watching his face when the results announced.

according to electoral calculus there's a 79% chance of Labour winning the seat

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Somerset%20North%20East%20and%20Hanham
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #30882 on: March 28, 2024, 10:14:08 pm »

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Somerset%20North%20East%20and%20Hanham
Oh,  now that’s a shame isn’t it?
What time do they normally report their results?
Might need to set my alarm for that one.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #30883 on: March 28, 2024, 10:14:44 pm »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30884 on: March 28, 2024, 10:15:08 pm »
Oh,  now that’s a shame isn’t it?
What time do they normally report their results?
Might need to set my alarm for that one.
Not going to be there to enjoy it in person?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30885 on: March 28, 2024, 10:16:22 pm »
Not going to be there to enjoy it in person?
I’ve googled it.
It’s 4.30am.

Might set the alarm.

Could they hit just so one good thing and hold th election on a holiday? 

Fuck the tories
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30886 on: March 28, 2024, 10:18:21 pm »

;D   It's a new seat with new boundaries, that's fantastic.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30887 on: March 28, 2024, 10:23:40 pm »
;D   It's a new seat with new boundaries, that's fantastic.
yes I wonder who / what he'll blame if he does lose. It won't be his fault that's for sure!

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30888 on: March 28, 2024, 10:31:44 pm »
yes I wonder who / what he'll blame if he does lose. It won't be his fault that's for sure!
This is a protest vote for stabbing Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in the back.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30889 on: March 28, 2024, 10:38:00 pm »

I'm not convinced turnout will be as high as predicted in that. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #30890 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:56 pm »
I’ve googled it.
It’s 4.30am.

Might set the alarm.

Could they hit just so one good thing and hold th election on a holiday? 

Fuck the tories

If the current polling holds then I'll 100% be up all night, I was just too young to see '97 in properly, though I did stay up all night in 2017 after the exit poll landed but was wrecked the next day at work.

May well book this one off and stay up taking shots every time a sitting pillock in a blue rosette has to stand there looking glum. Doubles when Reform or the Lib Dems beat them to 2nd place.

Who's in?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30891 on: March 28, 2024, 10:47:59 pm »
If the current polling holds then I'll 100% be up all night, I was just too young to see '97 in properly, though I did stay up all night in 2017 after the exit poll landed but was wrecked the next day at work.

May well book this one off and stay up taking shots every time a sitting pillock in a blue rosette has to stand there looking glum. Doubles when Reform or the Lib Dems beat them to 2nd place.

Who's in?
That could be over 300 shots?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30892 on: March 28, 2024, 10:59:24 pm »

Who's in?
I can’t stay up all night. I pre just neve had that in me. I need my sleep.
I have to work Fridays mate!
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #30893 on: March 28, 2024, 11:18:36 pm »

Who's in?

I’m in!

I can’t remember the reason why but I was off school the day after the 1997 election but for whatever reason I was off school and I stayed up until about 6 in the morning watching the results come in and was absolutely over the moon, I was only 15 at the time (born in 1982) so all I’d known in government was those born to rule, pig fucking wankers in charge and it was just great even at that age just to have some hope and optimism back in the country and since then and even now I always make sure that I take the day after the election off work so I can stay up all night in the hope it’s another 1997 and will definitely do the same again this year.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30894 on: March 28, 2024, 11:20:24 pm »
Exit polls will determine whether I stay up all night to watch the Tory misery.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30895 on: March 28, 2024, 11:22:00 pm »

Bloody fair weather, glory hunting supporters!
Thinking is overrated.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30896 on: March 28, 2024, 11:24:01 pm »
the only time I’ve ever done all nighters is when my two were born, my wife was ill with sepsis and I had both with me in the lounge watching obscure Olympic sports from the Beijing olympics. 4 nights in a row.  Nearly died my self.
Thank god it wasn’t triplets
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30897 on: March 28, 2024, 11:28:41 pm »

Who's in?

1997, two four hour VHS tapes on long play. What I couldn't watch on the night I recorded and caught up with the next day. I stayed up long enough to see Portillo lose his seat, which as I recall was just prior to Labour getting their overall majority.

I don't know how much of this I might watch live on the night, but I'm praying it goes up on a torrent after the fact. I get the feeling I will want to rewatch it for years.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30898 on: March 28, 2024, 11:45:50 pm »
1997, two four hour VHS tapes on long play. What I couldn't watch on the night I recorded and caught up with the next day. I stayed up long enough to see Portillo lose his seat, which as I recall was just prior to Labour getting their overall majority.

I don't know how much of this I might watch live on the night, but I'm praying it goes up on a torrent after the fact. I get the feeling I will want to rewatch it for years.

I watched the Portillo result live, not just watching him lose but lose to am openly gay man (knowing how much the Tories hated minorities) was absolutely marvellous, was worth staying up for that alone.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #30899 on: March 28, 2024, 11:49:53 pm »
More on Johnson and Maduro the Venezuela dictator. The Labour Party turns on the heat.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/28/boris-johnson-nicolas-maduro-meeting-labour
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30900 on: March 29, 2024, 03:32:04 am »

Who's in?
I'll definitely be up!

I stayed up until Labour got over the line in 1997, think I went to bed about 4:30, was moving house on the Friday and I was driving a 7.5 tonne with air brakes for the first time whilst knackered!

Worth it though
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 03:34:04 am by Wabaloolah »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30901 on: March 29, 2024, 08:19:05 am »
Tories continue to dish out knighthoods like confetti to mates (donors)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68686662

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30902 on: March 29, 2024, 08:24:30 am »
I'll definitely be up!

I stayed up until Labour got over the line in 1997, think I went to bed about 4:30, was moving house on the Friday and I was driving a 7.5 tonne with air brakes for the first time whilst knackered!

Worth it though

I'll just look forward to waking up to good news. Still can't believe waking up putting the telly on and seeing that the idiots in this cuntry had voted leave,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30903 on: March 29, 2024, 09:31:46 am »

First one I stayed up for was 92. It was the first time I could vote and the reason why no one of my age ever takes winning an election for granted.  97 more than made up for it though and the glow lasted a long time as they hit the ground running with different policies that actually worked.

I’m 50 now but will stay up for the whole thing hopefully with my eldest daughter who gets to vote for the first time this year.

I know we should win but it’s going to be 6 long months of lies and culture wars propagated by this diseased government and their friends in the right wing media. Thankfully Sunak is not a convincing populist so I don’t see it working.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30904 on: March 29, 2024, 10:18:59 am »

First one I stayed up for was 92. It was the first time I could vote and the reason why no one of my age ever takes winning an election for granted.  97 more than made up for it though and the glow lasted a long time as they hit the ground running with different policies that actually worked.

I’m 50 now but will stay up for the whole thing hopefully with my eldest daughter who gets to vote for the first time this year.

I know we should win but it’s going to be 6 long months of lies and culture wars propagated by this diseased government and their friends in the right wing media. Thankfully Sunak is not a convincing populist so I don’t see it working.

Yeah, 92 was the first election I could vote in as well, I was a few months shy of 19.  I'd booked the Friday off from my YTS so I could stay up late and celebrate. As things stood, I spent most of Friday curled up in a fetal position in bed. Was still better than being at the training place though. They told me on the Monday that the place had been like a funeral.

The best thing about 1997 was knowing I could watch it stress free. The outcome was never in doubt. It was just a matter of how bad would it get for the Tories. Like I said before, I recorded it and watched it again and again for years afterwards.

I felt Blair accomplished more in his first week in office than Major had in the entire previous five years. The Tories just seemed to be in permanent damage limitation mode at the point, lurching from one crisis to another, one argument after another. Labour was such a breath of fresh air and I felt for the first time in years I could walk down the street without worrying there was some bastard politician out to get me.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30905 on: March 29, 2024, 10:20:29 am »

This bit pisses me off (not aimed at you btw). My lad turns 16 in June, can legally have sex, get married, ride a moped, can fly a light aircraft solo and can join the Army, but is not allowed to vote in an election that affects his future. He knows more about the world than millions in the uk who can vote, there are people with undiagnosed dementia who can vote, or fucking idiots like my Dad who is 78 who blindly believes and repeats all the lies and voted Leave, yet 16 yr olds can't?
Jurgen YNWA

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #30906 on: March 29, 2024, 10:26:56 am »
I will definitely be staying up. Lots of Portillo moments anticipated. As WLR said, it was a sweet moment after all his 'I'm not gay' shite, which then morphed into, 'OK I used to be gay' shite. He then got binned by an openly gay bloke.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30907 on: March 29, 2024, 10:44:39 am »
I’m in!

I can’t remember the reason why but I was off school the day after the 1997 election but for whatever reason I was off school and I stayed up until about 6 in the morning watching the results come in and was absolutely over the moon, I was only 15 at the time (born in 1982) so all I’d known in government was those born to rule, pig fucking wankers in charge and it was just great even at that age just to have some hope and optimism back in the country and since then and even now I always make sure that I take the day after the election off work so I can stay up all night in the hope it’s another 1997 and will definitely do the same again this year.

I was in Uni and previously had little interest in politics, my only thoughts were I didnt like the conservative party after Heysel and Hillsborough
A lad who I lived with and developed a big friendship with from Bootle who basically made me vote.

He had Friday mornings Free. my lecture was stuff I already knew from A-levels so we stayed up all night watching  it.
Labour didnt win the seat we were in, however I think Im correct in saying no Tory won a seat in Wales.

Happy times
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30908 on: March 29, 2024, 11:00:53 am »
I still think there is plenty of time for this to be fucked up by either Labour, the media, or both. I think the Labour leadership also feel the same way, thank God. Calm heads needed. Having said that, If I was putting money on it...
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #30909 on: March 29, 2024, 11:49:03 am »
I still think there is plenty of time for this to be fucked up by either Labour, the media, or both. I think the Labour leadership also feel the same way, thank God. Calm heads needed. Having said that, If I was putting money on it...

Nothing's ever really set in stone until you see helicopter footage of the cars going to the Palace etc, but I'm not too concerned at this point. When it comes to Labour, the Tories are largely out of ammo, you can see how desparate they are that they're trying to make things like Rayner's taxes an issue (something like 3k I think?). Surely that's shaky ground for the average Tory MP!

Could Labour self-implode? Maybe, though all the signs so far to me is that Starmer's team is running a tight operation and will sacrifice small losses (Rochdale) to keep the party's overall image intact. It was hilarious watching Sunak trying to paint a "same old Labour" picture at PMQs using a candidate that had already been given the boot. There are some honest questions about the Labour party but even when in the spotlight their polling support doesn't seem to waver so either the subjects involved don't really resonate with the average voter or people are just that damn sick of the Tories.

And that brings me to the most apposite cause for optimism - Sunak himself being very bad at front line politics and having no real planks of support across his own party or the wider Right-leaning sections of the electorate. Combined with the natural lifecycle of a tiring Government and it will take at this point some sort of political asteroid strike to see anything other than Starmer as PM within a year.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #30910 on: March 29, 2024, 12:28:10 pm »
Yeah, 92 was the first election I could vote in as well, I was a few months shy of 19.  I'd booked the Friday off from my YTS so I could stay up late and celebrate. As things stood, I spent most of Friday curled up in a fetal position in bed. Was still better than being at the training place though. They told me on the Monday that the place had been like a funeral.

The best thing about 1997 was knowing I could watch it stress free. The outcome was never in doubt. It was just a matter of how bad would it get for the Tories. Like I said before, I recorded it and watched it again and again for years afterwards.

I felt Blair accomplished more in his first week in office than Major had in the entire previous five years. The Tories just seemed to be in permanent damage limitation mode at the point, lurching from one crisis to another, one argument after another. Labour was such a breath of fresh air and I felt for the first time in years I could walk down the street without worrying there was some bastard politician out to get me.

I just missed out on being eligible to vote in the 92 election by 2 weeks, i remember being nervous from the exit poll then watching in despair as seats like Basildon that Labour were hoping to win staying Tory, the Tories won but only with a narrow 21 seat majority, what happened in 92 is why Labour never count their chickens even now.

I missed watching the results in 97 due to a migraine, but was great waking up seeing so many Tories had lost their seats, & had been wiped out in Scotland & Wales.

Labour winning in 97 was celebration time, finally getting rid of the Tories after 18 years, Labour winning this time it will be more relief, but sense of foreboding as what's to come, with current Tories scorched earth policy on the economy. 

#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30911 on: March 29, 2024, 12:51:53 pm »
Honestly back in 2019 I was convinced Bozo had it in the bag for two terms. I couldn't envisage Labour, under any leader, overturning an 80 seat majority in a single election - let alone securing a potential landslide.

The Tories really have brought this on themselves with their vile, despicable, corrupt, contemptuous behaviour. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:53:39 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30912 on: March 29, 2024, 01:02:34 pm »
Honestly back in 2019 I was convinced Bozo had it in the bag for two terms. I couldn't envisage Labour, under any leader, overturning an 80 seat majority in a single election - let alone securing a potential landslide.

The Tories really have brought this on themselves with their vile, despicable, corrupt, contemptuous behaviour. 
yes that was the same as me, the best I thought Labour could get would be a possible rainbow coalition with the Tories as the largest party.

Their 80 seats majority though was built on the foundations of sand, they were never going to retain most of the red wall seats, particularly after Brexit turned out to be a complete shit show.

That pretty much wipes out their majority at a stroke

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30913 on: March 29, 2024, 01:06:05 pm »
I imagine theres a lot of very angry Tory MPs who hated the direction the Tory party took after the Referendum. sadly they didn't have the guts Soubry and Clarke etc had and just kept quiet letting Johnson and the ERG dictate that direction, many thought they had a job for life as a MP.  I can see a lot of them letting rip after they lose their seat. it will be a joy to watch all of them fall, the following few days should be fun as well, watching the ERG nutters like JRM laying the blame on them for stabbing poor Boris and Liz in the back, how they would have won the election if they had supported them instead of plotting against them.
I will stop up till around 4.30am but wouldn't be surprised if it's later if they are about declare results in some of the well known nutters who look like loosing. set the recorder for the early to watch some angry Torys +Labour giving them some grief, up again around 10.30am for a lets take the piss out the Torys day on here.
               Emily Maitlis

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30914 on: March 29, 2024, 01:08:10 pm »
This bit pisses me off (not aimed at you btw). My lad turns 16 in June, can legally have sex, get married, ride a moped, can fly a light aircraft solo and can join the Army, but is not allowed to vote in an election that affects his future. He knows more about the world than millions in the uk who can vote, there are people with undiagnosed dementia who can vote, or fucking idiots like my Dad who is 78 who blindly believes and repeats all the lies and voted Leave, yet 16 yr olds can't?
absolutely, Labour have to extend the vote to 16 and 17 year olds. The Tories will never do it because that age group won't be voting for the fascists.

Not sure though how many of the age groups would actually vote though but they certainly deserve the opportunity to do so.

It may get a higher turnout in general elections than the age group does in the Welsh government elections but the turnout isn't great throughout but it's definitely something Labour need to sticking the manifesto and withdraw the ridiculous photographic ID to be able to vote thing too!

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30915 on: March 29, 2024, 01:10:15 pm »
I imagine theres a lot of very angry Tory MPs who hated the direction the Tory party took after the Referendum. sadly they didn't have the guts Soubry and Clarke etc had and just kept quiet letting Johnson and the ERG dictate that direction, many thought they had a job for life as a MP.  I can see a lot of them letting rip after they lose their seat. it will be a joy to watch all of them fall, the following few days should be fun as well, watching the ERG nutters like JRM laying the blame on them for stabbing poor Boris and Liz in the back, how they would have won the election if they had supported them instead of plotting against them.
I will stop up till around 4.30am but wouldn't be surprised if it's later if they are about declare results in some of the well known nutters who look like loosing. set the recorder for the early to watch some angry Torys +Labour giving them some grief, up again around 10.30am for a lets take the piss out the Torys day on here.
most of the sensible Tory MPs were purged by Johnson after he took the helm, what's left is the rump and the nutters

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30916 on: March 29, 2024, 01:31:49 pm »
most of the sensible Tory MPs were purged by Johnson after he took the helm, what's left is the rump and the nutters
All the vocal rebels were purged, there were a few like Charles Walker who tore into Truss for being talentless, hammered the ERG for backing her, furious over them destroying the Tory partys image as a safe pair of hands, how it will cost the Torys hundreds of seats at the election, he says he's not alone and I believe him.  am not defending him or the other Tory MPs who allowed these fanatics to take control. far from it, I think it's been mention many times, Labour MPs had the guts to fight back. the Torys just thought of themselves and kept quiet, they are now going to pay the price.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30917 on: March 29, 2024, 02:01:37 pm »
Aye. Labour under Kinnock had to fight hard to expunge and sideline their lunatic fringe. The Tories surrendered to theirs.

At this point I just want to revel in their impotent misery, from now until the election.

Popcorn's Art

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30918 on: March 29, 2024, 02:30:47 pm »
Johnson turned them into a single issue party, and even on the single issue they were wrong. Their shortcomings are so obvious that even some of the electorate have noticed.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #30919 on: March 29, 2024, 03:33:13 pm »
Johnson turned them into a single issue party, and even on the single issue they were wrong. Their shortcomings are so obvious that even some of the electorate have noticed.

Even the Rwanda plan they've put so much political capital into and some still seem to think is their silver bullet was just vomited up onto policy table 2 years ago by the Johnson Government as a way to distract from being constantly battered by partygate allegations. His chaotic administration is still a noose around their neck some time after giving him the boot (to say nothing of Truss's effect on things).