Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4012791 times)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #23520 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »
Its DUCT tape not Duck tape.  Yer daft arl get.   ;D

Nice timing Maggie  ;D
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #23521 on: June 24, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »
Yer haven seen me missus's beak

Ducks have bills.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23522 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
Ducks have bills.
See what yer fuckin mean Leo

Not half as many as I have
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23523 on: June 24, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Fs you dont do yer?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23524 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:20 pm »
 getting back to ingerland tonight....i have just got back from holiday in spain a couple of nights ago so havnt been up toscratch with all the media stuff....just learnt that ste g said they were going to use past failures as an inspiration to win?....ffs when our we going to draft in an experienced sports psychologist into our football arena?...if you want inspiration to lead you onto success....you would be better advised to think about past success in the build up....not failure?  :butt

its basic stuff and all ....talking to two brummie lads who coach to a decent level back home....one of them has just released an african lad to join us....cant remember his name ,was a bit pissed....begins with a D i think....said hes a cracker....guessing around fifteen although he looks older....convinced he lied about his age he said as he stood out head and shoulders above the rest....ive been banging on about two things for years....one, were not technical enough from a young age....that leads to bad ball posession later on....we suffered tonight because of that,were the top teams excel
two....the psychology bit....i asked them what we as a country coach the lads from a young age upto maturity...any psychology?...no was the answer....that also showed tonight....and both of them can points can be applied to our club level....doesnt half frustrate me...we have been self deprecating for years and years now on an international level....for me it starts in the media...and spreads...noticed its been slightly better in this tournament ....probably because of all the shit kicking the newspapers have taken over the phone hacking debacle....and we seemed to do better int he tournament because of it....will we ever lern though...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:19:46 pm by horne »

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23525 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:28 pm »
getting back to ingerland tonight....i have just got back from holiday in spain a couple of nights ago so havnt been up toscratch with all the media stuff....just learnt that ste g said they were going to use past failures as an inspiration to win?....ffs when our we going to draft in an experienced sports psychologist into our football arena?...if you want inspiration to lead you onto success....you would be better advised to think about past success in the build up....not failure?  :butt

Can't think of any .... oh yer 1966

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23526 on: June 24, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »
Can't think of any .... oh yer 1966
we could of used our success in europe?on a club level that is.... Italian teams have struggled on a club level for years(ac milan aside) how many of that italian squad were from ac?....i dont know the answer to that without further googling but my guess is not many...we could of used that

if you want to succeed...dont waste your menatl energy thinking about failure...am i wrong here or what?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #23527 on: June 24, 2012, 11:26:34 pm »
I quite like you as a poster on here mate, so duly obliged. However, it's on a public forum and there's no rules as to who can and can't post where.

yeah but be honest you wanted that reaction, so well done you!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23528 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
withou trying to hard to find...read these and hear the positivity...it screams at yer...not scared to give themselves a reputation to live upto as dale carnegie wrote all those years ago...no fear....confident arrogance...thats what we lack

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/258450/Marco-Reus-Gerrard-Co-will-hit-the-skids/?

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2012/June/24/beckenbauer-backs-germany-for-euro-glory/?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23529 on: June 24, 2012, 11:32:52 pm »
Well that was a good few hours had at Trent Bridge watching the T20 cricket, and sampling a few glasses of the black stuff, and I managed to miss all the football except for the pens, shame in the end for Stevie but i am just glad nobody seemed injured from our lot.

Final has always looked likely to be Spain V Germany and still does!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23530 on: June 24, 2012, 11:34:42 pm »
yeah but be honest you wanted that reaction, so well done you!

Thanks. But I was genuinely curious.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23531 on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:53 pm »
Some things are best left a mystery

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23532 on: June 24, 2012, 11:44:17 pm »
Thanks. But I was genuinely curious.

fair enough my apologies then!
 But to be in here you really need to study Senna-pods, log books, Corona men, Watch with Mother, and Workers Playtime, Four Feather Falls, Trusses, Hip replacements, Vic Damone, Matt Monroe, and a lot more, enjoy! ;) :lmao

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23533 on: June 24, 2012, 11:45:23 pm »
 But to be in here you really need to study Senna-pods, log books, Corona men, Watch with Mother, and Workers Playtime, Four Feather Falls, Trusses, Hip replacements, Vic Damone, Matt Monroe, and a lot more, enjoy! ;) :lmao
and piles!....never rush a dump to get back to yer play station....there a right bastard

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23534 on: June 24, 2012, 11:46:04 pm »
You forgot incontinence pants

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23535 on: June 24, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »

I've not heard of them. Are they computer games? ;)
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23536 on: June 25, 2012, 12:05:21 am »
Well that was a good few hours had at Trent Bridge watching the T20 cricket, and sampling a few glasses of the black stuff, and I managed to miss all the football except for the pens, shame in the end for Stevie but i am just glad nobody seemed injured from our lot.

Final has always looked likely to be Spain V Germany and still does!
got a feeling portugal might beat spain...reading del bosque is complaing about not having the same rest as the portuguese....thats on a par with beckenbauer saying we looked tired last time....i expect the spanish to play as if theyre tired now...he tried to counteract that view with ...the spanish will sacrifice journey time with a better feel good factor at the base they have been staying at and have been happy with...think hes dropped a clanger because they will be adding to the tiredness by travelling longer....we will see....thats my prediction!
germany is nailed on though i agree there

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #23537 on: June 25, 2012, 07:25:08 am »
This bloke is wobbling along the pavement at 2.30 in the morning when  a copper says "Oi mate - where d'yer think yer goin?"

The lad says "I'm off to a lecture on the evils of drink, drugs and illicit sex/."

The copper says "Give over lad, who's gonna be giving a lecture like that at this time of the night?"

The lad says "Ah, that'll be my missis."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:26:57 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23538 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:27 am »

Fs you dont do yer?
HA! It's took me over an hour to stand up straight, but that still made me laugh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23539 on: June 25, 2012, 07:31:12 am »
Geoffstrong posted:- Final has always looked likely to be Spain V Germany - and still does!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On balance find it very hard to disagree Geoff.

That said I can see the Portuguese having a real go at Spain (local Iberian peninsular pride shite an' all that)

If the ball bounces their way, they just might turn their illustrious neighbours over on the night.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23540 on: June 25, 2012, 07:40:03 am »
Talking of England... I wish I could get behind them and enjoy it like other people. I just can't. I even feel a bit treacherous wanting them to get beat, but I just can't help it. I hate Italian football. I hate the corruption in it and the so called Ultras. Bastards that they are. But even against them I can't get behind England. There's plenty of reasons for that, but the main one... "Arise Sir Hodge Bodge of Malmo. Arise Brave Sir John Shagyermatesbird Terry of the King's Road."

Nah. Saintly crusader cut statues are hard enough to take. I couldn't bear that shower of shite going down in history along with Sir Alf and Mooreo, Boreo, Hursto, Nobbo and the brave 3 lion, golden boys of 66. 
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23541 on: June 25, 2012, 08:33:16 am »
Relax - there ain't gonna be any danger of that Leo - not for a VERY , VERY long time - it EVER!!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #23542 on: June 25, 2012, 08:36:30 am »
Just posted this in another thread but I want to share it with thouse who are housebound,

Last night Sky news had a reporter in the main square  in Rome, they had the British Ambassador with them and interviewed him before and after the game. It is the after game interview that is interesting, after speaking to the ambassador and getting the usual shite, the reporter turned to an old Italian man who had been standing and listening through the whole interview and asked him "what was the difference between the two teams ?" he replied "Hodgson", nearly fell off my chair
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23543 on: June 25, 2012, 08:49:27 am »
Relax - there ain't gonna be any danger of that Leo - not for a VERY , VERY long time - it EVER!!
5000 monkies, 5000 type writers, one day they'll win the world cup.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23544 on: June 25, 2012, 09:20:28 am »
We were shite Vic.

Pirlo - il maestro - was outstanding and led by example. His team-mates couldn't help but follow where he led. He conducted the Italian symphony orchestra and they both out skilled, out-muscled and out-pscyched a technically poorly equipped and poorly performing England "attacking" force. (Obviously being very generous in my euphemism "force")

Just want to add there's never been any manager yet that's crossed that white line onto the park once that whistle blows come match day. The difference is all done in the quality of preparation and by the guts and skill-set out on the park. But quite frankly don't know anyone who can polish turds.

We have no world class players in our national side - it's usually been possible to perhaps make some kind of case for one or two over the last 30 years or so. Shearer in his pomp, Gazza at his imperious best, Seaman on top form, Lineker - best English goalpoacher since Greavsie, Sheringham at his creative peak and at the risk of running the gauntlet on here, a younger Paul Scholes in his top of the form days at the creative heart of the engine room.

But I would be struggling to look anyone in the eye and name any of that squad in such terms. Anyone who thinks we do still possess a single world class player is kidding themselves.

All the likely candidates - Rooney, Walcott, Young, Carroll, Welbeck and to a lesser extent Gerrard too were basically ineffectual overall. No amount of huffing and puffing can mask the fact that we do not have much technical class in our squad. Any white-shirted candidates coming in for any praise at all last night were all at the back and were the heroes who threw everything they had in the line of fire during 120 mins to keep the side's hopes alive.
All in vain for me to be brutally honest - didn't deserve to take the Italians to a shoot-out for their poor efforts over those 120 minutes of real play. 

That pompous arsehole Balotelli (sadly) predicted that NO-ONE in England's set-up frightened him and his Italian colleagues. The smug but accurate bleeder was bang on , mores the fucking pity.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:23:53 am by Johnnowhite »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23545 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:46 am »
Can't argue any of that Johno, but that Balotelli has some nerve. If Italy had a half ways decent centre forward - say a Rooney - they'd have been 3 up at half time. That Balotelli lad is an imposter. He's a circus act posing as a footballer and should be jailed for fraud.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23546 on: June 25, 2012, 09:51:38 am »
I think he's a true show-pony - with him really wanting it AND setting out to be it Leo.

I can't stand anyone abusing/neglecting to work at their talent simply to draw attention to them claiming I'm different and you know what, I don't give a fuck.

I have no fucking time for suchlike as Balotelli - especially when there is a real talent in there being neglected and the watching and PAYING afficionados are being insulted by such twattish behaviour.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23547 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:51 am »
I just don't think he's got it anyway, Johno. I've seen loads throw away talent, your own George Best being the prime example. I've even seen lads playing Sunday league that could have easily made it, but they preferred going on the piss and being one of the lads. But Balotelli, I just don't get it.

I watched the game with me missus last night. He hit about 3 one after another, like  a daft schoolboy, against a lad he trains with everyday. It was bloody ridiculous. Then he stood over a free kick about 3 miles from goal with Pirlo at his side. Even me missus said, that daft gets going to whack it. He did. And I think it's just caught up with Ahsley Young's penalty in the stratoshphere somewhere. How the fuck these idiots keep doing that time after time is honestly beyond me. You'd think they'd look at the likes of Pirlo and learn, but there's obviously more space between their ears than there is in the stratoshpere. Can't be doing with them meself. Idiots and charlatans.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23548 on: June 25, 2012, 10:32:08 am »
I think he's got some talent Leo but he's neglecting it in favour of playing the what a c*nt I am game.

I went to school with a lad called Geoff Morris and in terms of talent, this Italiano puts me in mind of Geoff every time I see him on the park or listen to him off it.

Great talent Geoff but some self-willed and arrogant twat he was too. When on the attack, you'd pass the ball in front of him a couple of yards - so he'd be able to run onto the ball without breaking step - and I tell you he'd watch the ball pass in front him and shout "I said to feet! " I gave him some terrible fuckings about that when we were 15 or so. We lost touch and I heard he went on to become a teacher. Where I've no idea but what a loss to football. He could make the ball talk but his attitude was shite and it never led him to a career in the game which was very sad. 

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #23549 on: June 25, 2012, 10:37:54 am »
I am quite old too. And I remember watching Italia '90 and seeing Terry Venables and Jimmy Hill in the BBC studio building up to Bobby Robson's famous semi-final against Germany and they were saying "oh we are really scared about what Germany are going to do to us with their superior technical ability and skill".

How fucking sad that fast forward to 2012 and a we are basically saying the same thing.

It is always the same with England, a small amount of hope and then I cannot to get back to talking Liverpool and seeing what we will do.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23550 on: June 25, 2012, 10:48:30 am »
Johno, I knew some fellas who were pure shite and had that attitude. I played with one centre forward who we actually called "To me feet." Funny thing was, he was brilliant in the air. He wasn't a very big fella, but he couldn't half leap. He could muscle big lump center halves out the way, and he was a great header of the ball, flick ons, deft little nods, fucking big humping head butts. He really was a brilliant header of a ball, but the daft bastard would fall over the white lines on the deck and still thought he was Maradona.

So, there's no sorting gobshites and idiots. But the problem is today, before they are out of the acadamies their wearing 50 grand watches and driving cars George Best couldn't have got a mortgage on. Fuck em. 20 grand cap on all wages. If they don't like it they could always get a proper job, on the building, driving a bus or... well, no. I wouldn't trust them with a shovel or a big machine. Buttering the bread for sarnies at Gregg's is probably beyond most of them.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23551 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:54 am »
PS... people say if you cut their wages, the owners/share holders would only take it. Well, fuck them an all. Cap what they could take out of the community an all. Salford and Anfield are 2 of the countries most depreived areas make them put something back, or they can fuck off and get a real job an all.

I swear half of me wants this country to fall into complete chaos so we can start again. And I might just get the wish I don't really want if this Cameron c*nt isn't stopped. He's attacking job seekers allowance again today, when all them bastards on the plane home from the ukraine should be put on the dole. Fuckin football, makes me ill at times.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23552 on: June 25, 2012, 10:56:59 am »
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23553 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:03 am »
Ferkin' brilliant Leo lad , ferkin' brillant  :lmao :champ

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #23554 on: June 25, 2012, 11:16:19 am »
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway.

;D
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23555 on: June 25, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »

I swear half of me wants this country to fall into complete chaos so we can start again.

It's almost mathematically demonstrable that the house of cards is about to go. That's why that old story about the goose that laid the golden egg is so deeply embedded in our psyche - in the sense that not only will it happen but we know that it will happen and we are incapable of preventing it from happening.

People are so blinded by greed - that's why the unfettered market doesn't work in the first place, it kills itself. When it finally dawns on people that the goose is dead and that there are no more golden eggs, ie that you can't just keep scraping the entirety of the world's money together to give to a few bankers, there will not be anything left that can be salvaged. The inevitable rebellion/riot will be incapable of achieving anything other than the immediate benefit that the looters would gain for themselves, and it will be a post (economic) apocalyptic bartering economy from then on, unless our glorious (world) politicians can work together and take on the multi-nationals, with a view to getting them to pay there fair share of tax - it is the seeming inability of the politicians to even want to deal with this, that for me, encapsulates the problem.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23556 on: June 25, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »
vic hit the nail on the head with his story about the italian fella....the difference was in the attitude of the manager

hodgson....fear of losing ,fear of the opposition...too much respect for them...we did have a final third with options who could damage teams when on blob...but he took that weapon away by paying toomuch attention to protecting the back four....who are very capable of doing a job....it sent out all the wrong signals....if we had a shit keeper and a poor back four ...then ok...help them out...but...

we should have gone at them and let them defend us...we didnt...we didnt go down fighting
If he was a boxer...he would have had is guard up for 90 plus minutes ...not thrown a punch...and bragged afterwards that i got knocked out by a great champion?...sorry but for me pirlo was the one great player they have...ballotelli can be dangerous if you let him but he can be dealt with....cut of the supply...hes nullified....pirlo was left to rome(no pun intended)....and he will hurt yer

Tricky Arry mind you would have gone for the mafiosies throat...and ripped it out...a mike tyson ....when hodgo was telling them to get back and be carefull....der dead good you know...arry would have been telling them to go out and show the rest of the world how fucking brilliant we are...let rip...
players have a speaciality...roughly speaking...you either have a penchant for attacking or defending...asking the final third lads to do more defending than attacking doesnt take a genius to realise that that italian fella was switched on!

edit and here lies the tale of the tape

'Penalty defeat may be desperate, but England couldn't call the result unfair. Italy had an astonishing 36 shots to England's 9. Of Italy's shots, 15 were off-target 13 blocked, meaning 'only' eight were on target – but England only tested Buffon once, through Glen Johnson's first-half scoop.'
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:42:11 pm by horne »

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23557 on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:38 pm »
To be honest, although it would have been nice to see England win, I am not bothered they are out now.  Get the lads back home, give them a holiday and some decent pre season.

Makes me laugh though that people go on about the Premier League being the best in the world and we haven't been able to put a winning national together for over 40 years.

One of these days the footballing powers that be may just start to realise that it might be the richest  but it relies on talented foreign players to give it the edge.

Until they get their arse into gear and plough some money into getting decent coaches, kid friendly training programmes for youngsters and awarding skill and not just strength we will stay in the 'also rans' table.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #23558 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:00 pm »
To be honest, although it would have been nice to see England win, I am not bothered they are out now.  Get the lads back home, give them a holiday and some decent pre season.

Makes me laugh though that people go on about the Premier League being the best in the world and we haven't been able to put a winning national together for over 40 years.

One of these days the footballing powers that be may just start to realise that it might be the richest  but it relies on talented foreign players to give it the edge.

Until they get their arse into gear and plough some money into getting decent coaches, kid friendly training programmes for youngsters and awarding skill and not just strength we will stay in the 'also rans' table.
spot on but that wont be the defining moment even then....they miss the last vital component and the most important one...that last little five percent....the mind controls the body...and the opponents if your clever enough...the sports psychology bit...other nations are way ahead of us

the mad thing is...we have had it under our noses for decades in some of our best managers....shankly paisley etc ...ferguson...cloughie rednapp....the problem is we keep getting lumped with england managers who dont get it....is the chief of the fa that scottish fella still?...talk about conflict of interests
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:47:37 pm by horne »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23559 on: June 25, 2012, 01:44:27 pm »
What about the greatest psychologist of all - Mourinho. I always found his masterful interventions really motivated the reds better than anything.
NAKED BOOBERY