Author Topic: The Traitors  (Read 13235 times)

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: The Traitors
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2023, 01:23:50 am »
Hopefully the next series will have a follow up show after each episode to chat to the people who left etc.

I think the BBC were take by surprise by how successful it was and I think the next one will build on series 1.

I really enjoyed the Aussie one and all episodes of the USA Celebrity version drops on January 12th will give that a watch as well.

Thanks for the pointer on the Aussie one, I enjoyed it as well, its also a fair pointer as to how Wilf should have played the last day to have a much better chance of winning.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2023, 02:14:42 am »
Thanks for the pointer on the Aussie one, I enjoyed it as well, its also a fair pointer as to how Wilf should have played the last day to have a much better chance of winning.

The thing I leant  from watching the Aussie version of The traitors is that Alex would had totally fooled me.

A flutter of her eyelashes at me and a cheeky smile and I would have thought I'm in here she's a faithful.

I would have been just another lamb to the slaughter.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:23:51 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2023, 02:02:24 pm »
The thing I leant  from watching the Aussie version of The traitors is that Alex would had totally fooled me.

A flutter of her eyelashes at me and a cheeky smile and I would have thought I'm in here she's a faithful.

I would have been just another lamb to the slaughter.

She was very good at what she did!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2023, 07:06:34 pm »
All these wannabe celebs in the US one are already driving me insane.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2023, 07:35:14 pm »
Just watched the first one of the USA version it's interesting that it's a mixture of celebrities and members of the general public and the celebrities think they are so above the public because they have played reality shows before.

It adds that extra twist celebrities vs the public

It will be interesting to see how it turns out

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2023, 09:19:16 am »
Watched a bit of this with the missus, I know it’s early on, but the uk competitors seemed more likeable & some of them were actually sweet. This crowd don’t seem to have anyone you can actually like. They’re all players from day 1.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline lfcmaster45

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2023, 02:51:07 pm »
traitors is the best ever

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2023, 02:08:44 am »
The USA version was a strange beast

I went from hating Kate to liking her.

And the ending was brilliant maybe the best.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2023, 07:52:56 pm »

'Dawn French Joined By Stellar Cast For 'The Traitors' Parody | Red Nose Day 2023' - a 10 minute video, from last night's Comic Relief:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q3hOgeFZPng" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q3hOgeFZPng</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/q3hOgeFZPng
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2023, 04:14:23 pm »
Australian version is on the iPlayer for those that haven't seen. Much more aligned to the UK version than the US one, and better challenges too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2023, 08:01:45 pm »
Australian version is on the iPlayer for those that haven't seen. Much more aligned to the UK version than the US one, and better challenges too.

The Aussie version was brilliant with a great ending

The New Zealand version starts in August hopefully that will appear on the web like the Aussie version did.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2023, 09:48:41 am »
The Aussie version was brilliant with a great ending

The New Zealand version starts in August hopefully that will appear on the web like the Aussie version did.
Watching this now. It is pretty good. Better than the US version.

I think the easiest way for people to work out the traitors is to wait to see the last few people down to breakfast who are never traitors.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 10:19:40 am by Dull Tools »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2023, 10:47:54 am »
I think the easiest way for people to work out the traitors is to wait to see the last few people down to breakfast who are never traitors.

They will have to change this concept for the next season as like you say, whoever is last down to breakfast won't be a traitor as they were basically nearly murdered. However, you can't blame any participant for not cottoning on to this fact in season one as it was obviously entirely new, and they wouldn't know how it was going to be edited.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2023, 09:50:21 pm »
Watched the Aussie one over the past few weeks.
Spoiler
Poor Craig. Far too loveable & gullible for his own doing.
[close]

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2023, 03:19:05 pm »
Watched the Aussie one over the past few weeks.
Spoiler
Poor Craig. Far too loveable & gullible for his own doing.
[close]

Spoiler
He would have been 100% prepared to split that money too! Fair play to Alex - absolutely ruthless.
[close]

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2023, 03:26:48 pm »
The highlight of the whole series was this moment.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2023, 08:43:56 am »
The Aussie one was quality. Better than the UK.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2023, 10:48:51 am »
Loved the Aussie one.

Spoiler
The episode where they united to oust Marielle was brilliant. She had absolutely no clue she was about to be eliminated, they played it perfectly. Probably my favourite moment across all three versions. Although I thought the show dipped a little after that... was disappointed they didn't do the endgame with them throwing the stuff into the fire, that was excellent in the UK one. Also lacked a bit of drama as when it got to the final three - Alex, Kate and Craig - there was no chance for the one Faithful remaining to win. So it was purely whether Alex and Kate would split the prize or one would get it all. To be fair, Craig finding out Alex was a Traitor was class.

Also had my favourite recurring plotline... why did you almost never see Paul speak?! He has about three lines in the whole show and made it to the second last episode. Honestly, I googled him and expected to find out he'd done something terrible off-camera but it's all a bit of a mystery.
[close]

The US one was ok, but thought Alan Cumming was a terrible host. And because it had so many reality contestants, it all felt too performative.

New season of the Aussie one started last month so guessing it'll be broadcast in the UK before long.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2023, 10:50:47 am »
The Aussie one was quality. Better than the UK.

I thought the production on last year's Aussie one was pretty bad, they completely ignored some of the contestants during the season!

Loved the Aussie one.

The US one was ok, but thought Alan Cumming was a terrible host. And because it had so many reality contestants, it all felt too performative.

New season of the Aussie one started last month so guessing it'll be broadcast in the UK before long.

The new Aussie one goes down the same path of having local reality stars , an influencer and an actor in it, I really hope the UK doesn't go down the same path. Hopefully we shouldn't as the show was popular enough not to need the marketing from trying to appeal to those "fans"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:53:07 am by filopastry »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2023, 10:58:37 am »
Weird editing on the Aussie one as mentioned above. A couple of guys didn’t even get to speak until episode 4! Very odd.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2023, 11:13:09 am »
Barely heard a word from that fat estate agent with no eyebrows but then couldn't shut the fucker up for the remainder of his time in there.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #61 on: January 3, 2024, 10:20:38 pm »

Decent opening episode to the 2nd season ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #62 on: January 3, 2024, 11:21:54 pm »
Barely heard a word from that fat estate agent with no eyebrows but then couldn't shut the fucker up for the remainder of his time in there.
;D ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 4, 2024, 12:43:47 am »
Decent opening episode to the 2nd season ;D

Not a bad bunch this year except for the "Karen" retired schoolteacher from Northern Ireland.

I've watched first 2.5 episodes (on Iplayer).  Enjoying it again :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2024, 10:03:06 am »
Amn't

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2024, 10:51:48 am »
Amn't

Totally legit in Scotland  ;D

Anyway, episode 3 was a definite step up in quality. That reveal! Plus Brian going mad at the roundtable.

Watched the Traitors Uncloaked thing after which was rubbish. It did show eliminated contestants finding out who the traitors are, but that’s much less interesting than I thought. Especially as they film that part a day or two after they’re eliminated, so all the emotions are gone.

I also read that each night the contestants leave the house and get taken to stay at a hotel next to Inverness Airport which ruins the illusion a bit  ;D
« Last Edit: January 6, 2024, 10:55:29 am by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2024, 09:04:01 pm »
Don't think I've ever seen anyone more rattled than Brian. All time head loss

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #67 on: January 7, 2024, 11:00:37 pm »
Totally legit in Scotland  ;D

Anyway, episode 3 was a definite step up in quality. That reveal! Plus Brian going mad at the roundtable.

Watched the Traitors Uncloaked thing after which was rubbish. It did show eliminated contestants finding out who the traitors are, but that’s much less interesting than I thought. Especially as they film that part a day or two after they’re eliminated, so all the emotions are gone.

I also read that each night the contestants leave the house and get taken to stay at a hotel next to Inverness Airport which ruins the illusion a bit  ;D
Yeah I didn’t rate it much. It’s probably better as a podcast than a TV show. Also didn’t like the fact they’re in a WhatsApp chat with everyone (which is fine) but you can get hints of spoilers by reading boy language and how they talk about other contestants.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 8, 2024, 07:48:17 am »
Episode 3 was decent. Brian is up for the chop soon surely? I'd get rid of Zack straight off.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 8, 2024, 10:17:58 am »
Don't think I've ever seen anyone more rattled than Brian. All time head loss

The lad who won in the end last year had a head loss early on didn't he? Can't remember his name - but the one who played the homeless lady in Eastenders called him out and he had to leave the room.

It's a great watch - but actually I can imagine there are some pretty intense (probably slightly bullying characters) in there early on and I can imagine having to name people could make people wilt under pressure.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 8, 2024, 02:20:07 pm »
The lad who won in the end last year had a head loss early on didn't he? Can't remember his name - but the one who played the homeless lady in Eastenders called him out and he had to leave the room.

It's a great watch - but actually I can imagine there are some pretty intense (probably slightly bullying characters) in there early on and I can imagine having to name people could make people wilt under pressure.

Will? He didn't win. Was voted out in the final.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 8, 2024, 03:47:58 pm »
Will? He didn't win. Was voted out in the final.

It was Aaron who left the table I think.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 8, 2024, 04:09:51 pm »

Ah yes, sorry, you are right.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 9, 2024, 03:56:54 pm »

That's the one.

That said - his was nothing compared to Brian. I was convinced he was a Traitor after that and I know he isn't!

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2024, 12:51:29 am »
Never watched s1 as don’t like these reality shows.

Watching s2 under sufferance with the Mrs.

Not a very bright bunch are they? The herd mentality is infuriating. Already can’t be arsed about who wins. Lasting 4 eps is very good effort for me though.

And it was a fucking trebuchet, not a catapult.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2024, 08:15:02 am »
Finished series 1 last night and it was boss but the challenge parts are boring to watch.

Will starts series 2 tonight.

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2024, 08:29:07 am »
Only reality I watch these days, and loving it.. Could be pretty rough for some contestants though.. Norway, they did a version where contestants coming in as partners/friends, but played individually.. 1 of the traitors had a very gullible/nice partner, and they were both absolutely shattered/devastated in the end.. Looked pretty bad actually
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2024, 10:30:16 am »
I like Antony. The Chess instructor guy.

He looks like he's just one comment away from kicking the shit out of Zac.

Jaz is convinced Paul is a traitor but didn't vote to banish the ginger gobshite. :)

Good fun. Enjoying it.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2024, 10:30:55 am »
The best one I have watched so far is series 1 of the Aussie version the winner was totally brilliant and ruthless.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2024, 03:43:27 pm »
Never watched s1 as don’t like these reality shows.

Watching s2 under sufferance with the Mrs.

Not a very bright bunch are they? The herd mentality is infuriating. Already can’t be arsed about who wins. Lasting 4 eps is very good effort for me though.

And it was a fucking trebuchet, not a catapult.

The herd mentality is pretty much how you win the show. If you go against the grain at any point you're toast, either because the traitors will see you as a threat or because the faithfuls will see you as a traitor.

I'd also disagree that they aren't a bright bunch given the concept of the show. Some will make stupid decisions, especially in hindsight, but ultimately they'll lose because of it. Meanwhile, others will make low-key really smart decisions that will help them get far into the show.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 03:45:08 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »