Author Topic: The Traitors  (Read 13233 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Traitors
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2024, 03:05:51 pm »
Agreed. He was shafted by the rules of the task rather than anything he did wrong.

Spoiler
Yep, Miles was absolutely stitched up by the producers last night.  If he had known the Poisened faithful was going to get almost 24 hours to blert out and discuss exactly who they had interacted with the night before, then Miles (or another) traitor would have been much, MUCH more careful selecting their victims and doing the deed.

It looked like Producers moving the goalposts to whittle down the traitors.

Hate it when these shows start becoming contrived.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2024, 06:14:17 pm »
Read this today, an interview with Ivan from Season 1 who is heavily into game design. Basically explains the best approach to take, while obviously making clear that there is no surefire way to survive.

And says the show is massively stacked in favour of a Traitor winning.

https://www.eurogamer.net/can-game-design-help-you-beat-the-traitors

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2024, 06:32:56 pm »
Don't have a favourite but as long as Harry & Paul don't win.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2024, 07:02:26 pm »
My picks who I want to win

Traitor: Harry
Faithful: Charlie

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2024, 08:09:57 pm »
Don't have a favourite but as long as Harry & Paul don't win.
don't mind Harry but can't stand the prick Paul so not really arsed who wins as long as that smug twat doesn't
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2024, 09:55:14 pm »
As the odds favour the traitors but after tonight I'm not too sure. Its really hard to be a traitor and not look suspicious. I wonder when Harry will be suspected. He's playing a really good game though

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2024, 10:02:52 pm »
As the odds favour the traitors but after tonight I'm not too sure. Its really hard to be a traitor and not look suspicious. I wonder when Harry will be suspected. He's playing a really good game though
With this group of people possibly never haha. You'd think they'd not try and hero worship someone again after Paul.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 10:06:58 pm by Chris~ »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2024, 10:11:24 pm »
With this group of people possibly never haha. You'd think they'd not try and hero worship someone again after Paul.

Was thinking that Harry doesn’t seem to have learned much about pride coming before a fall :lmao Also he insisted that the only time Paul was ever sure was when he was picking off traitors. Now when’s the only time Harry’s even been sure… then he went straight to stirring the pot again.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2024, 10:15:10 pm »
Spoiler
it may be editing but Andrew appears to be acting awkwardly and appears to be very suspicious now he's been recruited, think he'll struggle to stay below the radar.

Harry may get over confident and think he's untouchable at the moment but that could be his downfall.

A very good episode tonight and made up with the fact that Paul has gone as I thought they were going to go for Jazz
[close]

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2024, 10:17:16 pm »
Was thinking that Harry doesn’t seem to have learned much about pride coming before a fall :lmao Also he insisted that the only time Paul was ever sure was when he was picking off traitors. Now when’s the only time Harry’s even been sure… then he went straight to stirring the pot again.
he's playing a good game, he has them eating out of the palm of their hands and not a single person suspects him unless Jazz can go back to the line of thinking he had earlier in the series. Then it should become obvious to him that Harry is a traitor but it's convincing the rest of the lummox that he is will be the problem
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:23:11 pm by Wabaloolah »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2024, 10:21:45 pm »

Traitor: The new recruit
Faithful: Zack

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2024, 10:28:37 pm »

Not sure he’s even gonna make it through the night mate :)

Paul sounds exactly like that manc supporting clown Mark Goldbridge.  Another good reason to see him dead.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2024, 10:29:28 pm »
Spoiler
I'm made up Paul went, worried the idiots would do Jaz in. Charlotte could be playing a very canny game here. She flipped so quick on Paul it makes we wonder if she knew all along and was keeping him so close to protect herself but threw him out the moment the numbers switched. Felt like a few were just waiting. Think Zack is doomed tonight sadly.

[close]

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2024, 10:37:06 pm »
I think the quiet ones always seem to do well. I remember last series the one who suffers from drawfism won a share of a prize while barely being mentioned the whole way through. Maybe that's the way to go, be like Mollie!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2024, 11:22:13 pm »

Traitor: The new recruit
I thought Zack was going to vote for the wrong person tonight but luckily he stuck with his guns

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2024, 11:24:57 pm »
Yeah, think the best tactic as a Faithful is just to follow the pack and play it a bit dim. You might end up murdered anyway if the Traitors try to confuse people, but there’s a decent chance you’ll plod along to the end. If you suspect someone of being a traitor but it’s a minority opinion, you’re probably better keeping it to yourself and waiting until there’s a majority on board.

I’d expect the likes of Jazz and Zack to fall before the finale, whereas I can imagine the quieter ones like Evie or Mollie being there in the end.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2024, 11:34:45 pm »
When someone loves you it's hard for them to think badly of you.
That's why it's pretty hard not to predict that Harry will win this.

They all love him as he comes across as young, dumb and fun (his words).

He just needs to keep other dimwits/lovers close to him until the final.

Like someone said above... one of the best tactics to win it as a Faithful is to play it a bit dim and be a sheep. But secretly KNOW who you need to banish when the odds are stacked against them.

Spoiler
p.s. I couldn't stand Paul. Good editing made him look smarmy and creepy to us at home but they all still loved him to bits right until the end.
[close]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2024, 07:04:30 am »
Not sure he’s even gonna make it through the night mate :)
Good point! ;D

Another good reason to see him dead.
Bit harsh! Oh right, yeah as in murdered ;)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2024, 07:08:07 am »
I thought Zack was going to vote for the wrong person tonight but luckily he stuck with his guns
Yeah looked like it didn’t it. Glad he didn’t. He’s had Paul’s card marked for a while. Hope he survives the night as he’s quite entertaining.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2024, 08:01:03 am »
Spoiler
I’m surprised nobody seems to have picked up on all that detailed inside traitor information Harry had when he went for Paul. Or maybe they did and have squirrelled it away for later in the comp. Not a bad tactic if so. As for Harry, he’s way too cocky now, but I guess he’s only 22, so it’s bound to go to his head.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2024, 08:37:06 am »
Spoiler
Thought Harry had fucked it by going too early for Paul when it looked like Jazz was going to get most votes. But fair play to him. I reckon Andrew should be gunning for Harry now, having seen him shaft three other traitors he knows he’ll get the same treatment. As others have said, Harry going into detail on the dungeon stuff should give Andrew plenty of ammo, if he’s smart enough to use it.

I imagine the show will struggle to match the heights of the last two eps in the final four. Thought the same happened in Australia - the peak was when the lead Traitor got taken down at the roundtable with a few episodes to go, then it was much less interesting (until an amazing final few minutes).
[close]

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2024, 10:18:54 am »
Spoiler
Thought Harry had fucked it by going too early for Paul when it looked like Jazz was going to get most votes. But fair play to him. I reckon Andrew should be gunning for Harry now, having seen him shaft three other traitors he knows he’ll get the same treatment. As others have said, Harry going into detail on the dungeon stuff should give Andrew plenty of ammo, if he’s smart enough to use it.

I imagine the show will struggle to match the heights of the last two eps in the final four. Thought the same happened in Australia - the peak was when the lead Traitor got taken down at the roundtable with a few episodes to go, then it was much less interesting (until an amazing final few minutes).
[close]
Spoiler
Its a shame. It would have been phenomenal TV if Jazz had gone and they'd had Paul and Harry face off in the turret.

They just need to go big now. Get rid of Zack, think they'll likely banish Jazz tonight and then there's not much left. Ross has heat on him. Harrys played an absolute blinder so far, hopefully no-one picks up on that^^^
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2024, 10:37:19 am »
Bit harsh! Oh right, yeah as in murdered ;)

:)

Spoiler
Paul was on "Traitors Uncloaked" on BBC2 after the show.  He came across as pretty smart-arsed in real life too.

There was a discussion on how Paul once was on 'Deal or No Deal' and came away with 10p.

The presenter said "Well, 10p more than you won on Traitors"

He laughed one of those false laughs, but you could see he was seething". :lmao
[close]

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2024, 11:18:01 am »
Spoiler
Great play from Harry there but thought he got just a bit too cocky there at the end. Needs to keep his head down now and let others throw names around. Don’t know why they’re thinking of killing Charlotte and Zack as they’ll get banished anyway. They need to murder the sheep who say nothing and will never get banished like Mollie. It was truly pathetic how she went all doe eyed to get a shield out of sympathy.
[close]

PS Charlotte really does like those bath shots. Classic case of someone who knows they’ve got it because she’s paid good money for it/them.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2024, 12:33:11 pm »
Spoiler
Goodnight Sweet Prince :-[ Paul was great and you all know it. You were all just jealous of his thick beard and luxurious red hair. Fuck you Harry you traitor :D
[close]

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2024, 02:00:49 pm »
I think the quiet ones always seem to do well. I remember last series the one who suffers from drawfism won a share of a prize while barely being mentioned the whole way through. Maybe that's the way to go, be like Mollie!

There was a chap in the Australian series who seemed to be completely anonymous - the only time you ever heard him speak was to give his vote at the round table. He never spoke during the missions, or in the discussions.

I didn't even know his name until near the very end when it was down to the last four or five and the traitors had to go for him because he was one of the only faithfuls left. I've already forgotten what he looks like. Complete nonentity. Bizarre that he got as far as he did.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2024, 02:17:51 pm »
There was a chap in the Australian series who seemed to be completely anonymous - the only time you ever heard him speak was to give his vote at the round table. He never spoke during the missions, or in the discussions.

I didn't even know his name until near the very end when it was down to the last four or five and the traitors had to go for him because he was one of the only faithfuls left. I've already forgotten what he looks like. Complete nonentity. Bizarre that he got as far as he did.
Yeah and what made that even weirder was that i think he was the only English chap on the Oz show!

You used to see him in some shots but he never spoke. Very strange. Someone said it might've been because there was some 'contractual' or 'legal' reasons why he wasn't given audio time.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2024, 02:19:49 pm »
:)

Spoiler
Paul was on "Traitors Uncloaked" on BBC2 after the show.  He came across as pretty smart-arsed in real life too.

There was a discussion on how Paul once was on 'Deal or No Deal' and came away with 10p.

The presenter said "Well, 10p more than you won on Traitors"

He laughed one of those false laughs, but you could see he was seething". :lmao
[close]
Haha! :D

I keep forgetting about that uncloaked programme, must watch that at some point.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2024, 02:34:34 pm »
Serious question.. are there any clever Faithfuls left in the game that could win it?

Watching it over the last few weeks, my summary is:

Charlotte: Comes across as really sensitive. She will often spread negative words about anyone who has simply annoyed her. Therefore, makes decisions based on emotion/reaction and doesn't use logic or deduction.

Zack: Seems to be a loose cannon. Says anything. Bit like the boy who cried wolf. He may be right on some things but no one takes him seriously.

Jaz: Probably one of the most sensible out of the lot. But he's pretty useless at defending himself so can see him getting banished if the spotlight goes on him as he is useless in a fight.

Evie: seems to have no character. Maybe fits into the 'sheep' category as will tend to go with the crowd.

Jasmine: Same as Charlotte.

Ross: He's totally blinded by his mum's murder and his subsequent love for Paul... and now Harry. So is a 50/50. If he figures out quickly that Harry is a Traitor he will get to the final. If not, he'll get murdered. Needs to take those blinkers off fast. Potentially the stongest player alongside Jaz.

Charlie: Comes across a bit of country bumpkin but she is probably the most switched on after Jaz and Ross.

Mollie: Same as Evie. Will probably get to the final and not realise she will be 'sharing/losing' the prize pot with one/two Traitors. She absolutely adores Harry so he can rely on her to prop him up. If they both get to the final, Harry wins.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2024, 03:06:22 pm »
Charlotte: Comes across as really sensitive. She will often spread negative words about anyone who has simply annoyed her. Therefore, makes decisions based on emotion/reaction and doesn't use logic or deduction.

Until last night's episode, I had the idea that Charlotte was a bit thick but she's flipped me with the way she... well, did what she did to you know who.

Zack: Seems to be a loose cannon. Says anything. Bit like the boy who cried wolf. He may be right on some things but no one takes him seriously.

I like Zack, I think he's very smart and I want him to do well. But I can see why he rubs people up the wrong way (ie Charlotte). I probably wouldn't want to spend long in close confinement with him either. Can't see him making it to the end.

Jaz: Probably one of the most sensible out of the lot. But he's pretty useless at defending himself so can see him getting banished if the spotlight goes on him as he is useless in a fight.

Clearly very switched on and the only one who seems genuinely able to sniff out the traitors. His big issue is his extreme paranoia. And he shot himself in the foot by not voting for the same person as everyone else. Up to that point, he'd been good at keeping his suspicions under his hat, knowing that the gang don't like independent thinkers and you have to pick your moment to go against a popular player because it can so easily backfire on you. I don't know what got into him on that occasion. He should have just gone with the crowd. It's funny that Brian got voted the biggest sheep when they are all extreme sheep when it comes to voting.

I think Jaz has Harry's number already but he's got to be very careful about playing that card.

Evie: seems to have no character. Maybe fits into the 'sheep' category as will tend to go with the crowd.

Jasmine: Same as Charlotte.

I think they'll both go far. The thing that might do for them is being recruited. But after seeing what happened on the Australian version, getting recruited might not be a bad thing for either of them. More so for Jasmine - I think she could win as a traitor. I reckon Evie could have more to her than meets the eye. I know what you mean about her though - took me several episodes to realise Evie and Charlie were not the same person.

Ross: He's totally blinded by his mum's murder and his subsequent love for Paul... and now Harry. So is a 50/50. If he figures out quickly that Harry is a Traitor he will get to the final. If not, he'll get murdered. Needs to take those blinkers off fast. Potentially the stongest player alongside Jaz.

Very easily manipulated, I would say, but also very loyal - once he's on your side, he won't waver. I think Paul recognised that character trait in him very early.

Charlie: Comes across a bit of country bumpkin but she is probably the most switched on after Jaz and Ross.

She's very popular. The traitors will get rid of her just to piss people off.

Mollie: Same as Evie. Will probably get to the final and not realise she will be 'sharing/losing' the prize pot with one/two Traitors. She absolutely adores Harry so he can rely on her to prop him up. If they both get to the final, Harry wins.

She's about the same age as Harry but seems a lot younger. I doubt she has the ruthless streak needed to win. Might get through to the final just by slipping under the radar.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 03:11:51 pm by smutchin »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2024, 04:56:52 pm »
Best episode yet that.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2024, 05:47:07 pm »
Until last night's episode, I had the idea that Charlotte was a bit thick but she's flipped me with the way she... well, did what she did to you know who.
What bit? She just seemed to go with the flow.

She's certainly not thick. But she relies on emotion too much.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2024, 10:01:37 pm »
Spoiler
Was someone saying they thought Charlotte was smart after last night haha. Who's Paul had arguments with, yep getting close good line of thinking, Jasmine!?

Can't believe how well that worked out for Harry. They'll back him over Ross surely
[close]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:14:44 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2024, 10:26:43 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah got Charlotte wrong, the bath scene clouded my thinking  ;D. Ross is the biggest idiot in there. He's always completely wrong with who he suspects and now he's on some revenge mission for his mum instead of playing the game to win. Jaz needs to bring up Harry in the next round table as he'll have Ross desperately seeking to "avenge" his mum, Ross will probably blow himself up in the process. Still up for Jaz, would like to see him and Zack share it.
[close]

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2024, 10:29:58 pm »
Never thought the last 3 episodes of the The Traitors would turn into a story of revenge
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2024, 11:05:12 pm »
Spoiler
Sorry but it's ridiculous that they've let the traitors recruit again this late on. Unless something happens similar to the first season, it's now pretty much impossible for a faithful to win - after already finding three traitors there's no way they're going to suspect there to be another three, so even if they get two out they're then just going to vote to end the show and lose.

It's also 3 vs 5 now. If the traitors weren't looking to win by themselves they could easily guarantee winning as a group by just voting the same way. Banish Jasmine next, then murder whoever and it's 3 vs 3.
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2024, 09:33:53 am »
Spoiler
Sorry but it's ridiculous that they've let the traitors recruit again this late on. Unless something happens similar to the first season, it's now pretty much impossible for a faithful to win - after already finding three traitors there's no way they're going to suspect there to be another three, so even if they get two out they're then just going to vote to end the show and lose.

It's also 3 vs 5 now. If the traitors weren't looking to win by themselves they could easily guarantee winning as a group by just voting the same way. Banish Jasmine next, then murder whoever and it's 3 vs 3.
[close]

Spoiler
It’s a good point though the show has a structural issue in that while people are getting murdered the faithful know there is still a traitor and won’t end the game so the traitors need to confuse them at some point as to how many traitors there are left. I think that’s why Harry is trying this risky gambit of having a secret shield so he can pretend that they went for him when in fact they recruited.

The right move for Harry now is to work with Andrew and kill off Ross near the end to give the faithful the hope that they’ve got the last one. The faithful are going to kill off two of Jasmine, Zack and Jaz so no point wasting murders on them. They need to murder Mollie next as she’s never going to get a vote in the round table, then Evie who is also safe.
[close]

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2024, 11:29:58 am »
sᴜᴘᴇʀ ᴛᴠ @superTV247

RATINGS: Another outstanding Friday night for #TheTraitors with 4.3 MILLION viewers on BBC One and then 1.1 million for #Uncloaked - the visual podcast which is doing TRIPLE the BBC Two slot average 👏🏼
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2024, 11:43:54 am »
What bit? She just seemed to go with the flow.

She's certainly not thick. But she relies on emotion too much.

Spoiler
At the round table, she was the first one to bring Paul's name up and she'd already brought his name up earlier in the day. And I think it was a rare moment of her making a decision about someone based on reason rather than emotion.

I think it was Evie who mentioned Paul next? Then Jaz? Harry waited until he knew Paul was a good bet before launching into his assassination - and took all the credit for it, the sneaky sod.

I agree that Charlotte was far too led by her emotions and that's what did for her ultimately.
[close]

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2024, 11:52:07 am »
Spoiler
Sorry but it's ridiculous that they've let the traitors recruit again this late on. Unless something happens similar to the first season, it's now pretty much impossible for a faithful to win
[close]

Spoiler
Not sure about that. I think they have to let them recruit to ensure there's at least one traitor in the final. But I think it actually gets much harder for the traitors towards the end because the low numbers mean it's more likely they'll get picked off at banishment.

They made a terrible choice picking Ross too - obviously they weren't to know he had revenge in mind but he was a terrible choice even without that element.

Also Harry telling Jaz he had the shield was a recklessly cocky move. I'm just disappointed that Zack and Evie didn't give enough credence to Jaz's perfectly sound reasons for suspecting Harry because if they had, Harry would be a definite goner now.
[close]