Author Topic: The Office (American version)  (Read 73899 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: The Office (American version)
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2008, 01:39:10 pm »
Creed is brilliant. "I like 'em au naturale baby. Swing low, sweet chariots"

You should read his blog. There isn't nearly enough of his genius in the show.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2008, 01:46:09 pm »
You should read his blog. There isn't nearly enough of his genius in the show.

Haha, just seen that now.

This is the address if anyone wants to take a look, www.creedthoughts.gov.wwwcreedthoughts

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2008, 01:46:54 pm »
Given that the US version is aimed at Americans, they've instinctively gone a bit OTT. It's still worth watching, but the genius in the UK version is that it's much more subtle. You do actually picture yourself as a fly on the wall and genuinely cringe at some of the stuff that goes on, whereas with the US one you somehow always know that they're acting. REALLY acting!
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2008, 02:17:16 pm »
Haha, just seen that now.

This is the address if anyone wants to take a look, www.creedthoughts.gov.wwwcreedthoughts

It's actually also a real blog.

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/

Very amusing

Offline constipatinator

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:51 pm »
I'm currently making my way though season 4 and couldn't stop laughing after Michael came out with this. :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VUYWAHZ0OaE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VUYWAHZ0OaE</a>

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2008, 11:19:43 pm »
I'm currently making my way though season 4 and couldn't stop laughing after Michael came out with this. :D

wow, that episode is difficult to watch :) Very strange and made me feel awkward with the whole Jan/Mike thing. I felt sorry for him when he was showing everyone his plasma tv too.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »
wow, that episode is difficult to watch :) Very strange and made me feel awkward with the whole Jan/Mike thing. I felt sorry for him when he was showing everyone his plasma tv too.
:lmao  its like looking at a car crash
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:25 am »
Am watching the new episode right now.
Brilliant :lmao :lmao
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2008, 09:55:56 am »
Blooper Reels - some gems in there; Surprised how much freedom they seem to have in scenes with lines and that.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BU-IE0rAiPI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BU-IE0rAiPI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6e3mt_2H7c&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X6e3mt_2H7c&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2008, 12:42:06 pm »
Very sentimental episode there, not a terrible thing once in a while, but I get the feeling there's going to be more of that this season.

Jan is a bitch.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2008, 04:08:32 pm »
Thought it was a great episode.

Michael - Where's my golden shower?

The bit before the opening credits roll was fantastic too.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »
Spoiler
Looks like Pam will be coming back fairly soon, for one reason or another.

Jan singing 'Son of a Preacher Man' to the baby as a lullaby was 24 carat gold.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:02:59 am by Redcap »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2008, 08:47:46 am »
Looks like Pam will be coming back fairly soon, for one reason or another.

Jan singing 'Son of a Preacher Man' to the baby as a lullaby was 24 carat gold.
If your going to mention bits of brand new episodes that arnt available for download/havnt been downloaded/people wait until is on tv, could you put it in spoiler tags please.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2008, 10:01:59 am »
If your going to mention bits of brand new episodes that arnt available for download/havnt been downloaded/people wait until is on tv, could you put it in spoiler tags please.

Sorry, that's done.

Anyway it is available for download, if you haven't found it. Look it up on isohunt.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »
Sorry, that's done.

Anyway it is available for download, if you haven't found it. Look it up on isohunt.
Yea not just for me though mate. I mean in general, as theres people out there who wait for it to be on tele.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2008, 08:04:29 pm »
Thought episode 3 was good actually, some nice arrhhh moments in there and some ridiculous michael bits too.
Jan is awful, the Jim Pam thing is getting a bit tiresome now, needs changing.

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2008, 10:22:22 am »
My highlights from the season 4 involving andy, not really spoilers but i have anyway just for the more sensitive among us.

Spoiler
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3lUscxJi88&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q3lUscxJi88&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zK4EPdT_teA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zK4EPdT_teA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

[close]

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:49:58 am by waittillmay »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2008, 10:39:51 am »
Those are from season 4 aren't they?

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2008, 10:49:42 am »
yeah sorry, meant to put season 4

Offline constipatinator

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2008, 07:24:24 pm »
I just finished the season 4 finale and thought it was brilliant. My highlight was Michael's exit interview with Toby :D

Spoiler

"I'll kill you"
[close]

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:44 pm »
Spoiler
"Suck on this!"
[close]

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2008, 10:27:52 am »
Loved episode 3 of season 5:

Spoiler
was so glad when Michael went up to Holly after Jan left - hadn't really liked Holly before this episode but when there was a direct comparison with Jan i felt so sorry for her.

The Dwight watermelon stuff at the start was brilliant too - "Newborns are slippery" :lmao

[close]

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2008, 10:34:33 am »

Yep

Spoiler
The thing was when Jan told Michael not to date Holly, you felt so sorry for him and felt he would just do what she said.

But then he went up and just hugged her and asked her out, was well shocking in a nice way. Obviously, I await next week to see him ruining it by setting fire to her or something.
[close]

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2008, 10:38:09 am »
Yep

Spoiler
The thing was when Jan told Michael not to date Holly, you felt so sorry for him and felt he would just do what she said.

But then he went up and just hugged her and asked her out, was well shocking in a nice way. Obviously, I await next week to see him ruining it by setting fire to her or something.
[close]

Exactly!

Spoiler
I thought he may even go up and try and fire her or something, but what he did was just a great ending.
Agree with someone about the Jim and Pam thing, getting a bit boring, I can see a storyline being her cheating on Jim, maybe drunkenly, in a kind of "going off to college" kind of way - maybe that could breathe some life into it

[close]

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2008, 10:15:51 am »
Been watching our own office again the past few days and it really is a completely different show, cant say if its better or worse though.
One thing i know for sure is that the Tim-Dawn relationship is far more believable and watchable than the Jim/Pam one who are actually annoying.
With Tim/Dawn you really feel sorry for both of them, but Jim/Pam are quite alright as they are, so although you want them to get it together its not overly importatnt, Jim is good looking, has friends and verges on being cocky, Tim is just not any of those things, he's a bit pathetic really but it pulls you right in to him, Jim on the otherhand can be very irritating in more than small doses. There are far betterand more watchable charcaters in the US one than Jim and Pam.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2008, 02:49:59 pm »
Been watching our own office again the past few days and it really is a completely different show, cant say if its better or worse though.
One thing i know for sure is that the Tim-Dawn relationship is far more believable and watchable than the Jim/Pam one who are actually annoying.
With Tim/Dawn you really feel sorry for both of them, but Jim/Pam are quite alright as they are, so although you want them to get it together its not overly importatnt, Jim is good looking, has friends and verges on being cocky, Tim is just not any of those things, he's a bit pathetic really but it pulls you right in to him, Jim on the otherhand can be very irritating in more than small doses. There are far betterand more watchable charcaters in the US one than Jim and Pam.

I disagree. I quite liked the Jim and Pam thing in earlier seasons. I just get the feeling they don't know where to take it anymore at this stage. Obviously the show's gonna go on for a fair few more seasons yet, but it'd be a bit boring if they just maintained a status quo throughout the remainder of the show, so they're trying to shake things up a bit, unsuccessfully so far.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2008, 08:41:42 am »
Season 5, episode 4 is up now: torrents and streaming.

Thought it was a fairly decent episode:

Spoiler
The bit with Roy and Jim in the bar was good and then Jim panics and immediately drives up to New York to check on Pam, then turns round :D

Holly and Michael seem to be set for a massive downfall, whihc is a shame because I think they can continue Michael being happy for a while - it didn't look as though Wallis was too happy though, so maybe they've changed the policy on colleagues dating each other since Jan tried to sue them......

Dwight/Andy/Angela is getting boring now. I preferred Dwight being off the wall and not depressed. And Andy has now disappeared off the radar after having very openings and potential. It's opened more like a drama/soap this season - am hoping everything rectifies itself in the next three episodes so it's back to what  made it fun in the first place. It's just a lot of depressing and serious stuff all at the same time. These storylines could be padded out a bit more, and Toby should be back soon to get us further into depression with his condition :s
[close]

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2008, 09:30:30 am »
Major speculative spoiler from the synopsis for the next episode, which hasn't been aired yet.

Spoiler
Synopsis

Pam is embarrassed when she is the only person at corporate wearing a costume on Halloween. Holly and Michael take the long trip to Nashua after they get some shocking news from corporate. Meanwhile, Dwight torments Andy and tries to get under his skin. Creed dresses up like The Joker (Heath Ledger) from the Dark Knight (2008) Oscar dresses up like Uncle Sam Jim dresses up as a guy named "Dave"

From wikipedia

So.. unfortunately for Michael I think Holly might be leaving next episode. The synopses for the next few episodes do not mention Holly's name. Maybe she'll be back towards the end of the season though? I hope so.
[close]

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2008, 01:05:26 pm »
Major speculative spoiler from the synopsis for the next episode, which hasn't been aired yet.

That makes sense, as when asked one of the writers said that

Spoiler
Toby would be coming back at some point. I still hope Michael carries on with Holly though - would be a shame after all that, he finally meets someone who is like him and happy and it can't happen.
[close]

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2008, 08:17:17 pm »
Dwight was in brilliant form.

Phyllis: What are you whittling?
Dwight: A knife.
P: With a knife?
D: Do you know a better way?

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2008, 02:02:46 am »
Ok, so I've taken the plunge and sat through a few more episodes and I've gotta say, it's growing on me. As soon as I removed my comparison to the 'real' version of The Office, I could see the humour in it.

The episode I saw that I really liked was the one where Dwight found the joint in the company carpark and wore his volunteer sheriff uniform into work. Funny stuff.

"You'll remember me, you've tested my urine before"

"No, we test a lot of people's urine"

"Mine was green"
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Galzakian

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #231 on: November 1, 2008, 04:01:28 pm »
Just finished watching s5 ep 5

Spoiler
Thought it was pretty good. Could have done a bit more with the costumes at the start, thought Dwight was hilarious in the elevator, then throughout the ep infuriating Andy with the Cornell stuff.

I didn't really like Jim's brothers at first, then when the one with hair looked at the camera and did that thing Jim does with his mouth - it's like a grimacing smirk I guess? Not sure what you call it but I think you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, when that happened I just cracked up.

The whole Holly/Michael thing was ok, poor old Darrell haha. I guess Toby is back next week? Looking forward to that :lmao
[close]
Get The Fuck In!
~ When the lads are down, at Old Trafford... Who you gonna call? Steve Gerrard! --
~ When you're 3 goals down, in Istanbul... Who you gonna call? Steve Gerrard! --

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 1, 2008, 04:04:59 pm »
Just finished watching s5 ep 5

Spoiler
Thought it was pretty good. Could have done a bit more with the costumes at the start,
[close]

Yeah, was a bit disappointed with that. I thought Creed's Joker was excellent. "Why so Serious!!!" Funny as fuck that.

Good episode overall. Think its shaping up to be the best season yet.

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 1, 2008, 10:41:43 pm »
Just watched it, thought it was generally crap though.
The start promised so much, could have made a really fun halloween episode full of michael and dwight and creed even, instead we got shite sad break up story, crappy jim/pam thing and only slightly funny dwight-andy stuff.
Was watching some of series 4 earlier today and it is so good compared to series 5 so far :(
Am very diapointed with it.

I hope now it can get back to usual next few weeks, what made the show great was michael being michael--which has been missing this season so far, and dwight and jim winding each other up which has again been left out so far.

really hope it picks up as i'm not enjoying it  atm :(

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 1, 2008, 11:00:03 pm »
The start promised so much, could have made a really fun halloween episode full of michael and dwight and creed even, instead we got shite sad break up story, crappy jim/pam thing and only slightly funny dwight-andy stuff.
Was watching some of series 4 earlier today and it is so good compared to series 5 so far :(

I hope now it can get back to usual next few weeks, what made the show great was michael being michael--which has been missing this season so far, and dwight and jim winding each other up which has again been left out so far.

Do think this was probably my least favourite episode this season on the whole. But overall i think its been fantastic so far. 

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 2, 2008, 01:15:24 am »

Spoilers

Spoiler
I didn't think it was so bad. There's no way these romantic relationship driven episodes will last forever. I think the purpose for Holly in these episodes was to set up something much later down the track, probably for a typical American sitcom ending. Whatever. Now all we need is for Toby to get back, and Pam to be forced to leave art school and things will be back to normal. There'll still be this thing with Andy, Dwight and Angela though. Plus whatever's going on with Kelly and Ryan again.
[close]

What is the deal with everyone in the office being involved with each other one way or another though? Everyone except the black guy, the gay guy, the old guy, the fat guy, the fat woman and the alcoholic woman that is.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 7, 2008, 02:50:26 pm »
Episode 6 is available for download on the regular sites now..

Looking like all the relationship subplots are coming to a head. Thank god. Pretty good episode though, I thought.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2008, 03:34:19 pm by Redcap »

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 7, 2008, 03:36:03 pm »
cheers redcap, downloading it now so we can watch on big tv rather than laptop.
Hope this weeks is better, as i've been disapointed with it the past few episodes

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 7, 2008, 04:11:32 pm »
Again, i thought the funniest part was before the credits rolled. Michael at his very best. ;D

Looking like all the relationship subplots are coming to a head. Thank god.

Indeed. I like Pam and all, Jim i can take or leave, but just want this wrapped up one way or another now.

Just feel sorry for poor Andy. Dwight and more so Angela need to suffer sometime this season. Needs to be a pay off there i feel.

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 7, 2008, 05:08:51 pm »
whats going on there with angela and dwight then?
Are they plotting something?

far better episode this week too.