Author Topic: LFCTV  (Read 8680 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
LFCTV
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »
No live programming or youth games live last few weeks. Is this temporary or permanent? Is the channel in danger of going ubder?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:54:34 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
Re: LFCTV..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:36:58 pm »
No doubt i am going to come under attack here but i think LFCTV is quite poor to be honest, presenting i think is average at best and the programmes are random and jumbled up and as the OP says, all repeated, obviously im not expecting it to be wonderful but im underwhelmed in my opinion

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:38:58 pm »
No doubt i am going to come under attack here but i think LFCTV is quite poor to be honest, presenting i think is average at best and the programmes are random and jumbled up and as the OP says, all repeated, obviously im not expecting it to be wonderful but im underwhelmed in my opinion

Given it's free to air (MUTV and Chelsea TV are £6 a month each) I don't think the programming is all that bad.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »
The u18 and u21 games and the replays of the previous first team games were all that was worth watching. They scrapped those and left the crap. They should have done it the other way around!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:28 pm »
The u18 and u21 games and the replays of the previous first team games were all that was worth watching. They scrapped those and left the crap. They should have done it the other way around!

IF, and it's a big if at the moment as no one is sure whats going on, they have scrapped the live games due to piracy making the cost of putting them on too much (given the lower return) then scrapping the other shows and leaving them isn't really going to help much. Would help if less people pirated the shows they put on and make it worth the clubs while to continue them.

Then again, as someone said elsewhere on here, there have been no live shows of any kind recently and the other rumour that they are upgrading all the live TV infrastructure/systems could be true.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »
IF, and it's a big if at the moment as no one is sure whats going on, they have scrapped the live games due to piracy making the cost of putting them on too much (given the lower return) then scrapping the other shows and leaving them isn't really going to help much. Would help if less people pirated the shows they put on and make it worth the clubs while to continue them.

Then again, as someone said elsewhere on here, there have been no live shows of any kind recently and the other rumour that they are upgrading all the live TV infrastructure/systems could be true.

Well hopefully just an upgrade (maybe for the piracy thing) ...shame though if they have lost most of it

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:12 pm »
Bit weird they haven't said anything though. I'm sure they know a lot of people enjoy tuning in to the reserve and academy games but no warning or mention of them not showing them.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »
Not sure if this is linked to it, but this was on the official LFCTV twitter account...

LFC TV @LFCTV  ·  Sep 22
We're currently upgrading our service. Our News bulletins & shows are currently available for free at http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »
They are putting a new studio in so while its getting a lick of paint.  Hopefully the whole thing is getting 'upgraded'.

The youth matches are the best thing on it. 

Pure football without the cheesy background music. 

I'm sure there's plenty they could do that wouldn't cost much.  Redmen tv is fun and captures more of the matchday experience than the official site.  Pre and post match interviews with fans at the ground, catching the excitement and the post match jubilation/frustration.  Even the pub cam is fun to watch.  Pure reactions to incidents and goals at the game.   

Granted they dont have 20 hours of air time, or have to be politically correct, or think about the watershed but it seems clear the official site could do more.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 05:21:14 pm »
Hope everything is ok, I love LFC TV, it's really enjoyable background noise to have on. Unless it's goal rush with Torres/Suarez.

Claire Rourke is a great presenter and the youth games are good
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
  • Trotyovskyi, CCCP GangWarfare, TSAR
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 05:22:21 pm »
Not related to live broadcasting of youth games but why is the presentation of players so cheesy/cringey?

I mean, what's all this Breaking News nonsense. And does anyone actually post on Twiter saying #ManquilloLFC or #BalotelliLFC. It looks incredibly childish. Hope there is an upgrade on that.
Lazar Marković, Čačak, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:12 pm »
Not related to live broadcasting of youth games but why is the presentation of players so cheesy/cringey?

I mean, what's all this Breaking News nonsense. And does anyone actually post on Twiter saying #ManquilloLFC or #BalotelliLFC. It looks incredibly childish. Hope there is an upgrade on that.

I've noticed a lot of the Asian + American fans love all that kind of stuff, helps them feel "connected" and a part of the club.

As long as it doesn't sneak into Anfield on match day I have no problem, I have nightmares of Peter McDowell one day shouting AND YOUR CAPTAIN #STEVENGERRARD
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:32 pm »
The picture quality is absolute dirt, hopefully this issue is addressed whilst undertaking this "upgrade"
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »
The picture quality is absolute dirt, hopefully this issue is addressed whilst undertaking this "upgrade"

Improving the picture quality would substantially increase the distribution costs. I suspect that they are not going to pay more out to broadcast whilst the channel remains FTA.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 05:32:45 pm »

I think this is another sacrifice for it being a free service though. I'm sure they could easily improve quality if they charged £6 a month for the privilege of it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 05:42:38 pm »
I think this is another sacrifice for it being a free service though. I'm sure they could easily improve quality if they charged £6 a month for the privilege of it.

I'd happily pay that for the U18 and U21 games :)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »

Many wouldn't though I'd imagine.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 05:44:24 pm »

Can you imagine the amount of moaning and "AMF" posts that would put on here if they did charge £6 a month to do something like that? It'd be incredible!

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:41 pm »
Can you imagine the amount of moaning and "AMF" posts that would put on here if they did charge £6 a month to do something like that? It'd be incredible!
Unless you have Sky isnt it £5 a month to watch it through the website?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 06:18:28 pm »
I do pay that much to subscribe online. In Australia I don't think we have access to it for free

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »
Unless you have Sky isnt it £5 a month to watch it through the website?

The £6 example given is because this is what United and Chelsea charge, on top of Sky prices, to watch. LFC TV is free on Sky and Virgin.

To stream LFC TV (and a lot of other content) it is at most £4.99, or cheaper if pay for more in advance.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 07:14:13 pm »
I like LFC TV and most of its shows. I think they do a good job.

I'd like to see more "60 minutes with" shows though as they are often repeats now.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »

Not their fault really, the pay there is not that good to say the least, so you unfortunately won't get the best skilled. It's the sorry reality I'm afraid. With all the millions that are generated through sponsorships etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:42:33 pm by 12Kings »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »
Seem to remember that the channel made a £2m profit in it's 1st year? (when a lot of people said a club tv channel couldn't make money) - and fair play to them for that.

Since then the channel has more tv adverts - not just club sponsored ads as it did in the first year - the club have more experience in producing content and are probably more cost-efficient then they were at the start through experience - and as the content hasn't changed too much since it's start-up I imagine they'd be making profits since then too? (Does the tv channel figure in the club accounts still?)

So really don't think the ltv channel requires a paid subscription (you already require a Virgin XL subscription or Sky viewing card (£20?) or LFCtv GO subscription? to watch it) - and would be interesting to find out just how much it would cost the club to bring the picture quality up to the standard of many of the other cable/sat channels broadcasting... and put that against the profit it already makes.

Hope the upgrade goes well - that the live coverage of the youth games continues - and that the upgrade does include a better picture quality too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFCTV
« Reply #24 on: October 5, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »
Going HD according to the Echo...

Popular club station LFC TV is undergoing a major upgrade which explains the recent significant changes to their schedule.

Fans were left frustrated by the lack of coverage for the under-19s’ UEFA Youth League match against Basel in Switzerland this week.

As well as no live action, shows such as Press Box and Thursday Night Live have also gone off air with fans having to settle for re-runs of old matches and programmes.

However, Anfield officials insist it’s only a temporary measure as they switch across to high definition. The full service is expected to return by the end of the month.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-alarm-bells-ringing-7881234

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #25 on: October 5, 2014, 04:34:57 pm »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-alarm-bells-ringing-7881234

HD would be great, sometimes the channel looks like its filmed using a potato.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 5, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »
HD would be great, sometimes the channel looks like its filmed using a potato.
Haha ;D It does, the picture quality on live matches was awful, can't complain too much though it being free. Hopefully they film the matches in HD as well as the shows once this upgrade's in place.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 5, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »

HD?  I'd be very very surprised if this was true due to the cost.  Maybe it's only filming the content in HD for distribution online but I can't see them paying for the spectrum to broadcast FTA HD in the UK.  Unless of course, Tom Werner's been calling in some favours from his TV contacts.  Is LFCTV shown in the US on cable?

But, as has been said, the picture quality is garbage.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28 on: October 5, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »
Hopefully they film the matches in HD as well as the shows once this upgrade's in place.
They already do, so that won't change.  The limitations were always the broadcast quality, not the source material.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: October 5, 2014, 04:49:49 pm »
HD?  I'd be very very surprised if this was true due to the cost.  Maybe it's only filming the content in HD for distribution online but I can't see them paying for the spectrum to broadcast FTA HD in the UK.  Unless of course, Tom Werner's been calling in some favours from his TV contacts.  Is LFCTV shown in the US on cable?

But, as has been said, the picture quality is garbage.

There was news a bit ago (maybe 9-12 months now) where the club was looking to distribute LFC TV around the world, and took on local presenters to create own language shows. Maybe the HD upgrade is part of a further push with that.

The communication from the club on this has been pretty shocking though. A simple news story on the main site just before the live shows went down giving a brief outline of the plans would of been enough to stop all these rumours before they happened.

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2014, 05:02:05 pm »
Pleased that the changes have been temporary. The lack of live pressers was frustrating so pleased they'll be back soon.
“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 5, 2014, 05:09:02 pm »
Stupid question but ... for their first team 'as live' games, do they not use the Sky/BT Sport/Premier League feed but overlay their own graphics and commentary?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: October 5, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »
Stupid question but ... for their first team 'as live' games, do they not use the Sky/BT Sport/Premier League feed but overlay their own graphics and commentary?

I imagine it's the youth games and their own shows which they mean will be HD, because yeah they no doubt use the Sky/BT feed.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 5, 2014, 05:15:43 pm »
There was news a bit ago (maybe 9-12 months now) where the club was looking to distribute LFC TV around the world, and took on local presenters to create own language shows. Maybe the HD upgrade is part of a further push with that.

The communication from the club on this has been pretty shocking though. A simple news story on the main site just before the live shows went down giving a brief outline of the plans would of been enough to stop all these rumours before they happened.
I think, given the amount of lost subs through users cancelling, that would have been a good idea. Maybe the lost subs don't really create much of a dent in the finances or they have forecast an increase with an improved service.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: October 5, 2014, 05:26:18 pm »
I think, given the amount of lost subs through users cancelling, that would have been a good idea. Maybe the lost subs don't really create much of a dent in the finances or they have forecast an increase with an improved service.

Probably going to up the fee by a quid a month to new users, keeping it at the current level for current users (I.e. ones who didn't cancel)  ;D

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 5, 2014, 05:55:26 pm »
Didn't we hire the guy from MGM to take charge of tv channel. expected bigger and better lfctv.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #36 on: October 5, 2014, 06:03:56 pm »
Didn't we hire the guy from MGM to take charge of tv channel. expected bigger and better lfctv.
A former MGM, Warner Bros, Disney and Fox Kids exec has resurfaced at British football club Liverpool as its new chief media officer.

Matthew Baxter was most recently the senior VP of MGM Networks focusing on sales, marketing and launching TV channels and MGM businesses around the world.
He will now lead the digital media and TV operations at Liverpool – the club owned by John W Henry’s Fenway Sports consortium that also owns MLB’s Boston Red Sox.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2014, 06:07:42 pm by istvan kozma »

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2014, 07:40:57 pm »
For a free service it's excellent.

Don't ask me why or how but I also get the Mancs and Chelsea channels and LFCTV is as good in not better than them.

Well the football is...

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »
Hopefully they fix some of the issues with the on line service as well. Been times where I've found streams with less buffering.