Author Topic: Mamadou Sakho  (Read 484857 times)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #4880 on: October 8, 2014, 11:55:54 am »
Just to hammer this point home.

We all work under circumstances where you don't get the exact resource you want to do the job.  I don't think any top manager is under the illusion that he will get exactly what he wants in order to do a job.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #4881 on: October 9, 2014, 11:50:03 am »
Any idea when he is back?  Heard Lovren got injured.

HNS | CFF ‏@HNS_CFF 54 mins
Gordon Schildenfeld will replace injured Dejan Lovren in Croatian squad for @EuroQualifiers. Good luck with recovery to @DejanLovrenLFC6

Skrtel- Toure pairing against Madrid  ::)
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4882 on: October 9, 2014, 11:57:52 am »
I don't know but I think I read 2-3 weeks, so this would be West Brom - Internationals - till QPR, would be 2 weeks...

Hopefully he will be fit until then and gets a run of games

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4883 on: October 9, 2014, 12:06:15 pm »
I don't know but I think I read 2-3 weeks, so this would be West Brom - Internationals - till QPR, would be 2 weeks...

Hopefully he will be fit until then and gets a run of games

Been out since Basel hasnt he ?

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4884 on: October 9, 2014, 12:56:02 pm »
Been out since Basel hasnt he ?

yeah true

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4885 on: October 9, 2014, 12:58:54 pm »
He got injured the day or two after the derby game, so the very end of Sept.

19 days from then is QPR, 22 for Madrid.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4886 on: October 9, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
I think he has potential to be one of the best in the world, but speaking to other LFC fans, they can't stand him in the team. I think he needs to define his style of play, which others don't really like. Personally, I want him in the starting 11
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4887 on: October 9, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »
I think he has potential to be one of the best in the world, but speaking to other LFC fans, they can't stand him in the team. I think he needs to define his style of play, which others don't really like. Personally, I want him in the starting 11

Vast majority on here rate him highly, so not sure who you're speaking to.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4888 on: October 9, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »
Well, to be fair, I haven't spoke to THAT many, just the last few I have don't rate him. I still don't understand why we bought Lovren for the left centre back role when we have Sakho. Nothing against Lovren at all but I think Sakho can do fine as a starter
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #4889 on: October 9, 2014, 02:48:54 pm »
There is no difference to how badly either has played, but Sakho is vice captain for France and an automatic first team selection. I really like him and wish more fans would get off his back, he could be the world class defender we need especially bc Skrtel isn't the most convincing and is the wrong side of 30 now, a Lovren Sakho partnership should be given a long run with more help from the midfield (i.e. Not giving the ball away for now reason when we are on the front foot leaving the center backs exposed)
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: October 9, 2014, 03:05:14 pm »

To be fair large parts of our fan base are complete fucking idiots.

You only have to go the game and see the shite that had been spouted about Lucas, Henderson, Rafa, Rodgers and now Moreno and Sakho to see how clueless they are.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4891 on: October 9, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »
To be fair large parts of our fan base are complete fucking idiots.

You only have to go the game and see the shite that had been spouted about Lucas, Henderson, Rafa, Rodgers and now Moreno and Sakho to see how clueless they are.

Tell me about it. The guy next to me has done nothing but slag off Lallana every time he touches the ball.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4892 on: October 9, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

Tell me about it. The guy next to me has done nothing but slag off Lallana every time he touches the ball.

Always reminds me of the part in Fever Pitch where as a kid he first went to the games and realised that being a fan wasn't about loving all of the players and your team, it was actually for most people about passionately hating them.

It's fucking bizarre. But if you're not like that, you're in the minority.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: October 9, 2014, 04:00:18 pm »
Hopefully he recovers and is given a chance in Lovren's absence.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #4894 on: October 9, 2014, 04:30:56 pm »
Is there a reason why the injuries thread is locked? Seems so senseless.

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #4895 on: October 9, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »
Is there a reason why the injuries thread is locked? Seems so senseless.
One of the mods is cleaning it up. Someone has been sick in there.
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline thegeneral3018

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4896 on: October 10, 2014, 06:53:45 am »
There is no difference to how badly either has played, but Sakho is vice captain for France and an automatic first team selection. I really like him and wish more fans would get off his back, he could be the world class defender we need especially bc Skrtel isn't the most convincing and is the wrong side of 30 now , a Lovren Sakho partnership should be given a long run with more help from the midfield (i.e. Not giving the ball away for now reason when we are on the front foot leaving the center backs exposed)

Martin Skrtel is 29.....

I think sakho is a solid defender, his passing is very good and hopefully with another CB alongside him consistently, he'll get more comfortable. I dont know who that'll be, but for me Rodgers ought to pick a pairing and stick with it, at least for a little while, and work on their understanding and get them comfortable with each other's style and method of defending
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:56:15 am by thegeneral3018 »

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4897 on: October 10, 2014, 06:59:27 am »
There is no difference to how badly either has played, but Sakho is vice captain for France and an automatic first team selection. I really like him and wish more fans would get off his back, he could be the world class defender we need especially bc Skrtel isn't the most convincing and is the wrong side of 30 now, a Lovren Sakho partnership should be given a long run with more help from the midfield (i.e. Not giving the ball away for now reason when we are on the front foot leaving the center backs exposed)

he played under Rafa, Kenny, Hodgson and Rodgers... he must have convinced at least them..

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4898 on: October 10, 2014, 04:06:22 pm »
he played under Rafa, Kenny, Hodgson and Rodgers... he must have convinced at least them..

I think Skrtel is a very effective defender, but it's often because he seems to react well to a situation. The best defenders, the "world class" defenders, if you like, position themselves in advance of the play so that they don't need to react as much, they anticipate. Sami Hyypia was an amazing centre back, but you rarely saw him fly in with a last minute tackle. Carragher, towards the end of his career, was similar, making fewer of those late interceptions, and spending more time getting himself and his team mates into the right places.

For me, a player like Skrtel, and I do think he is a very good player, doesn't quite have that ability to read the game, he needs someone alongside him to tell him where to be. If you have that other player, then you can use someone like Skrtel very effectively, but that other player needs to be both aware and vocal.

The fact Skrtel has played so many games is down partly to him being consistent and reliable. You generally know what you're going to get from him. He will make a few mistakes, but he will also pull off the last-ditch tackles often enough to balance that out over a season. What you will find if you look back over his Liverpool career, though, is that there has never really been a long period where he has been the undisputed first choice in his position. When he signed, it was supposed that he and Agger would complement one another perfectly, that Agger's fine ball control and Skrtel's mobility and ball winning would dovetail into an idea partnership. Injuries to Agger were one reason that never materialised into the long-term partnership Rafa was hoping for. But even when Agger was fit, there was Carra, who really became the dominant fixture in the middle after years at full back. By the time he left, it seemed clear that Rafa saw Carragher and Agger as his first choice combination.

It's not that long ago that Skrtel was reportedly looking for another club in the Champions League, with suggestions of an oil money fuelled move to Anzhi, Zenit or another big Russian/Ukrainian side. He stayed and barely got a game. It was a bit of a surprise that he chose to stick around after that, but he ended up back in the side and has rarely been dropped since. Despite that, we've spent a huge amount of money on alternative centre halves. Rodgers, even more than Benitez, has an ideal of footballers who pass their way out of trouble, who move the ball out from the back. Skrtel, in my opinion, keeps playing because he is in form and others aren't, not because he's a natural fit to Rodgers' plans.

Should we end up at a point where Sakho and Lovren get into the side together, gel and hit some form, I think it will be almost impossible for Skrtel to get back in the side. It's not that he isn't a very good player, at what he does, it's just that what he does isn't what the boss might ideally want him to be doing.

Sakho looks much more like a Brendan Rodgers defender. He is more comfortable in possession (whatever nonsense you hear) and plays with his head up, reading the game and anticipating rather than reacting (of course, he can still slide in when he has to) Whether it's a language issue, a personality thing or whatever, I think the plan will be to get him into the side sooner rather than later, and it should be beside Lovren, rather than Skrtel.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4899 on: October 10, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »
Nessy76 that's a really good post. I wish there were more posts like that on player threads, which generally are awful.

That's the thing though. They're crap because a good post like that doesn't belong in a player thread, it belongs in a topic about our defence as a whole, or perhaps one about our centre backs.

The discussion on the future of player threads in the staff room is nearing a conclusion by the way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:13:56 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4900 on: October 10, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »

In his 7 years at the club no manager has gone out of their way to build the defence around him, he should be a solid squad player but he's became more for a multitude of reasons
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4901 on: October 10, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »
wonder if he doesn't make QPR but does Madrid whether he'll be risked from the start  :o

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4902 on: October 10, 2014, 05:53:39 pm »
Locked as we are experimenting with not having individual player swill buckets.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317166.0

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4903 on: October 10, 2014, 06:09:48 pm »
The discussion on the future of player threads in the staff room is nearing a conclusion by the way.
As I was saying... ;D
Locked as we are experimenting with not having individual player swill buckets.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317166.0