Poll

So.. World Cup coming up, massive season for the Reds next season.. How many..?

None!
A few!
A load!
All of 'em!
I like Bananas in a cheesy dip

Author Topic: How many Liverpool players would you like to see featured in the World Cup?  (Read 898 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Bit of a balancing act, sure, but how many players do we want to see in the World Cup?

This is a bit different than all the shite warm up friendly bag-o-shite games we usually see and my usual view is balanced with the fact that the lads would want to be seen on the world stage.

Normally I'd be very much in the 'None!' camp. But you can't be can you? In the World Cup? Where legend status is achieved and lauded over the years.

Bit conflcted, but I don't think that even for Liverpool I could begrudge any player this.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
None. Fuck Qatar.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
'None'

'Yeah but they'll want to'

'Yeah but Qatar'

'Yeah but Man City'

'Yeah but you shouldn't watch it anyway'

'Yeah but do you eat corn flakes?'

'Yeah but that's not the same'

'Yeah but if you eat corn flakes you can't complain about people being beheaded in Qatar'

'Yeah but England fans lobbed chairs at corn flakes'

'Yeah but I'm not English anyway I'm Scouse'

'Yeah but that's still in England'

'Yeah but the national anthem, fuck Southgate'

Good thread Andy.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
None. Never. Forever.
International football can be cancelled permanently for all I care.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Just Robbo.

Pity it is being played where it is. I rather like watching the World Cup nations i know very little about and getting to know the players etc.

1974, 1978 and 1994 were probably my favourite tournaments.

There`s a good chance i give this one a miss.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
None.
World Cup in Qatar is a fucking disgrace.

Give our lads a rest during the hard season we have ahead.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nada.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Bit of a balancing act, sure, but how many players do we want to see in the World Cup?

This is a bit different than all the shite warm up friendly bag-o-shite games we usually see and my usual view is balanced with the fact that the lads would want to be seen on the world stage.

Normally I'd be very much in the 'None!' camp. But you can't be can you? In the World Cup? Where legend status is achieved and lauded over the years.

Bit conflcted, but I don't think that even for Liverpool I could begrudge any player this.

Given my country got out-bribed by the eventual hosts and isn't going to qualify, none of them.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
I only ever watch international matches if one of ours is playing. I’m not anti internationals as such and appreciate the players will have personal ambitions to appear, but I don’t want to support this World Cup at all. No LFC players, no reason to watch.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I only ever watch international matches if one of ours is playing. I’m not anti internationals as such and appreciate the players will have personal ambitions to appear, but I don’t want to support this World Cup at all. No LFC players, no reason to watch.

There will be though.

Sadio, Virg, Allison, Bobby, Fab, Trent, Hendo, Robbo, Diogo and potentially a few more are likely to play a part (with a few of them captaining their countries).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
All of them, hopefully wearing a Scotland jersey...
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
There will be though.

Sadio, Virg, Allison, Bobby, Fab, Trent, Hendo, Robbo, Diogo and potentially a few more are likely to play a part (with a few of them captaining their countries).

Yeah, and that’s going to be tough to either watch  …. or to not watch :-\
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain