Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 351050 times)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges
« Reply #5080 on: Yesterday at 04:35:05 pm »
Let’s face it, if Abu Dhabi are not very severely punished then the game is absolutely dead. If they are let off again then the oil cartel clubs will take complete control of English football. We are already seeing Saudi take control of FIFA, with them or Abu Dhabi will very soon completely own the game in this country. Unless they are stopped now. This case really is a battle for the future of competitive football in this country.

I literally was chatting to someone about this last night. Made a statement that if the cheating isn't punished then I really may consider walking away from following football at this level. It's totally pointless competing against cheating of this magnitude and spending hundreds of £££ a season in the process. Go to lower league matches without all this VAR crap, kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday.

I do believe they are going to get punished though so I don't think it's going to come to that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5081 on: Yesterday at 04:38:57 pm »
While you're always at pains to tell us that football journalism is covering Man City well, the poster you replied to was fairly stating the delay between charges being brought and anything further coming out about it. I know it's complicated and all that, but does anyone here really think that the wait is so that they can really punish City properly? I'm 99% sure it'll be an absolute fudge-job, where they at most get a small points deduction and a transfer ban for a window or two.

And while you're correct that there's a handful of journalists who do cover City properly (and you can add Philippe Auclair and Nicholas McGeehan to your list), it's a very small percentage in the mainstream who have said anything remotely critical.

It's simply nowhere close to good enough and doesn't move the dial at all as regards the general public perception. Constantly acting as though journalism is in rude health and there are plenty who cover these huge problems isn't correct and - in my opinion - spreads a false message.

There is only so much that can be said before the case has been proven. Where I go, I see plenty of stuff out there and journalists are prepared to talk about it. But they can only claim so much before the case has been proven. City are denying the charges, so no newspaper is going to go big on their being guilty before its been proven are they?

As for the time it's taken, yes it is complicated. The last article I read from Harris suggested there are a number of witnesses who need to be interviewed that in itself takes a lot of time, especially if
they are not all UK based. Once this starts it will become a much bigger story in itself and then perhaps we will get more information coming out.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5082 on: Yesterday at 04:46:44 pm »
Please help me understand;

I thought Oliver and co reffed games in saudi, which I gather is not in the UAE and City are owned by Abu Dhabi which is in the UAE

Please go slow, as I'm not an expert in world affairs

He's reffed in both Saudi and the UAE. The Thursday before the Spurs game, Oliver and Cook were involved in officiating the Sharjah v Al-Ain match in the UAE Pro League. While this game was the Sharjah Emirate, the UAE pro league was founded by Abu Dhabi. Its currently known as the ADNOC Pro League due to its main sponsor, the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, the State Owned (ie the Royal Family who own Man City) oil company and the people who currently run the UAE pro league are all from the Royal Houses.

Took this from the website to give an idea of what its like:-

UAE Pro League Chairman His Excellency Abdulla Naser Al Junaibi congratulated His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Presidential Affairs, and Chairman of Al Jazira Club, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler's Representative in the Western Region and Honorary Chairman of the Al Jazira Sports Club, as well as Al Jazira board and fans on winning the 2021-22 UAE Super Cup title.

The league is basically ran by the ruling family. Abu Dhabi is the most powerful of the Emirates and basically runs the entire UAE. If you go to work for the Pro League, your employers are the same people who own City

https://www.uaeproleague.ae/en/news-and-gallery/-271
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:49:01 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #5083 on: Yesterday at 04:49:09 pm »
This is the only article that I've seen that even remotely mentions the issue of their cheating: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-toughest-opponent-asterisk-titles-b1152029.html

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5084 on: Yesterday at 04:54:36 pm »
This is the only article that I've seen that even remotely mentions the issue of their cheating: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-toughest-opponent-asterisk-titles-b1152029.html
That is an excellent article and should by rammed down the throats of all the bum-licking pundits who constantly bull them up.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5085 on: Yesterday at 05:20:12 pm »

Hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting. Add Dan Kilpatrick to the small list of good ones.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5086 on: Yesterday at 05:25:55 pm »
There is only so much that can be said before the case has been proven. Where I go, I see plenty of stuff out there and journalists are prepared to talk about it. But they can only claim so much before the case has been proven. City are denying the charges, so no newspaper is going to go big on their being guilty before its been proven are they?

As for the time it's taken, yes it is complicated. The last article I read from Harris suggested there are a number of witnesses who need to be interviewed that in itself takes a lot of time, especially if
they are not all UK based. Once this starts it will become a much bigger story in itself and then perhaps we will get more information coming out.

I understand all that with the case pending, but all I'm asking is that people mention the charges (nothing illegal or even provocative in that) and discuss that these charges are there in the context of what we're seeing on the field season after season.

Or, if the writers and broadcasters don't want to do that, then just shut up and don't praise them. But instead we mostly get the worst of both - no mention of the charges and shitloads of praise for City as though they're totally legit.

It's not a high bar I'm setting for journalism in the UK, but the vast majority keep limbo-dancing way under it.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5087 on: Yesterday at 06:35:03 pm »
Anytime the dirty cheating scum are mentioned, the fact they are facing unprecedented charges of cheating should also be mentioned.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #5088 on: Yesterday at 09:16:20 pm »
That is an excellent article and should by rammed down the throats of all the bum-licking pundits who constantly bull them up.
Amen brother

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5089 on: Yesterday at 11:38:50 pm »

Good article, but I don't like this part:

"City have since won five of the past six titles, only missing out in Guardiola’s first season and to Liverpool in the Covid-disrupted 2019-20 campaign."

as it implies that the covid break had anything to do with us winning. Dickheads like to asterisk our triumph for that very reason.

Online LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5090 on: Today at 12:54:35 am »
Good article, but I don't like this part:

"City have since won five of the past six titles, only missing out in Guardiola’s first season and to Liverpool in the Covid-disrupted 2019-20 campaign."

as it implies that the covid break had anything to do with us winning. Dickheads like to asterisk our triumph for that very reason.

Yeah 2 more wins and we’d have won the league, Crystal Palace at home we’d have cliched it . They fell off a cliff that season when we got about 7 points clear . We fucking wolloped them

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5091 on: Today at 06:42:01 am »
I understand all that with the case pending, but all I'm asking is that people mention the charges (nothing illegal or even provocative in that) and discuss that these charges are there in the context of what we're seeing on the field season after season.

Or, if the writers and broadcasters don't want to do that, then just shut up and don't praise them. But instead we mostly get the worst of both - no mention of the charges and shitloads of praise for City as though they're totally legit.

It's not a high bar I'm setting for journalism in the UK, but the vast majority keep limbo-dancing way under it.

After one of their recent title wins they asked the sky sports panel what makes city so great. Think they all agreed that ultimately it was the genius of a Pep, the passion of a fan base , and the Roy of the Rovers under dog story of their obscure players . All under the love of a great sheikh.
It was in depth analysis and a great education. Micah Richards was the only one who went against that, he just laughed a lot, and when he calmed down he put the success down to a magical feeling that you can’t explain,like waking up on Christmas morning.

Its a fucking disgrace, the whole thing.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #5092 on: Today at 06:47:28 am »

The less the charges are mentioned the better for the product that is the PL. Doesn't look good if they keep talking about them having 115 charges to their name.

There's also most definitely pressure from somewhere to not talk about them as much as possible.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5093 on: Today at 08:57:39 am »
The less the charges are mentioned the better for the product that is the PL. Doesn't look good if they keep talking about them having 115 charges to their name.

There's also most definitely pressure from somewhere to not talk about them as much as possible.

And sky with their annual peddling of ‘what a title race we have’, before city cruise to their latest title.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5094 on: Today at 09:41:14 am »

I do get all that with the broadcasters, but some of the writers could grow a pair of bollocks.

Also, they might all be trying desperately to preserve "the product", but I think they're misjudging how much people are losing faith in that same product as long as City get away with it and don't get questioned.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5095 on: Today at 09:45:22 am »
After one of their recent title wins they asked the sky sports panel what makes city so great. Think they all agreed that ultimately it was the genius of a Pep, the passion of a fan base , and the Roy of the Rovers under dog story of their obscure players . All under the love of a great sheikh.
It was in depth analysis and a great education. Micah Richards was the only one who went against that, he just laughed a lot, and when he calmed down he put the success down to a magical feeling that you can’t explain,like waking up on Christmas morning.

Its a fucking disgrace, the whole thing.

I know you've posted about it for a while, so it's definitely not a knock on you, but I feel like a lot of Arsenal fans are only now finally mentioning 115 charges a lot and questioning the integrity of it all. I mean, it's better than being alone with it like we were for years, but it would've been nice if other fanbases were calling it out before now.

Unfortunately, until Man United launch a credible title challenge and get narrowly beaten by the cheats, I feel like there'll never be enough traction. And let's face it, that looks a mile off.

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5096 on: Today at 10:00:08 am »
And sky with their annual peddling of ‘what a title race we have’, before city cruise to their latest title.

And their annual TITLE RACE BLOWN WIDE OPEN calls. Every year.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5097 on: Today at 10:00:54 am »
I do get all that with the broadcasters, but some of the writers could grow a pair of bollocks.

Also, they might all be trying desperately to preserve "the product", but I think they're misjudging how much people are losing faith in that same product as long as City get away with it and don't get questioned.

I don't know what they can actually say though without being at risk of legal action? you still have to respect innocent until proven guilty even though we know they're cheating c*nts, anyone who cares knows there's 115 charges and the rest, hopefully it's properly dealt with, if not that's the time for journalists who give a fuck to start raising questions

The blowing smoke up their arses needs to stop though

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5098 on: Today at 10:31:03 am »
I don't know what they can actually say though without being at risk of legal action? you still have to respect innocent until proven guilty even though we know they're cheating c*nts, anyone who cares knows there's 115 charges and the rest, hopefully it's properly dealt with, if not that's the time for journalists who give a fuck to start raising questions

The blowing smoke up their arses needs to stop though

"Manchester City, who let's not forget are facing 115 charges to do with their finances and cooperation with the investigation"

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #5099 on: Today at 10:48:50 am »
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I can't help but feel that Arsenal winning the league this year would "soften" the prosecution somewhat. Whereas City pipping Arsenal again (preferably on the final day) would worsen the stench of their cheating and force the PL to ensure that the charges stick. For that reason, I hope Arsenal lose out by the smallest margin possible. There's also the fact that I'm unashamedly begrudging, and want all of our rivals to experience the sense of injustice that we had to endure
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5100 on: Today at 11:05:45 am »
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I can't help but feel that Arsenal winning the league this year would "soften" the prosecution somewhat. Whereas City pipping Arsenal again (preferably on the final day) would worsen the stench of their cheating and force the PL to ensure that the charges stick. For that reason, I hope Arsenal lose out by the smallest margin possible. There's also the fact that I'm unashamedly begrudging, and want all of our rivals to experience the sense of injustice that we had to endure

You're not alone there mate.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: Today at 11:27:35 am »

Can't help but agree. I'm definitely not a fan of this Arsenal group or their manager, but for me it's far more about the bigger picture than to be begrudging. Arsenal win the league this year and the story will be spun that City aren't just a rule-breaking winning machine, and that it's a very competitive league.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5102 on: Today at 11:30:55 am »
I know you've posted about it for a while, so it's definitely not a knock on you, but I feel like a lot of Arsenal fans are only now finally mentioning 115 charges a lot and questioning the integrity of it all. I mean, it's better than being alone with it like we were for years, but it would've been nice if other fanbases were calling it out before now.

Unfortunately, until Man United launch a credible title challenge and get narrowly beaten by the cheats, I feel like there'll never be enough traction. And let's face it, that looks a mile off.

Why are you going on about this? Does it really matter? What matters is that people see it now, getting at the people in the past who are basically acting like football fans do is pointless. Most of us would have been the same if the roles had been reversed. As other have pointed out, it when it affects you that people understood what it feels like. The rest of it is just footy fans being footy fans.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5103 on: Today at 12:27:09 pm »

It was Wenger who first called it out when Mansoor took over and he got called whinger by everyone, would’ve been nice had he got some support then, that was probably the time to make a stand, feels like horse has bolted now.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5104 on: Today at 12:28:53 pm »

I said pretty much the same last season, Arsenal winning allows the narrative that anyone can compete, not just us, whereas if Arsenal lost out, the London media might actually kick off about it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5105 on: Today at 12:33:05 pm »
I said pretty much the same last season, Arsenal winning allows the narrative that anyone can compete, not just us, whereas if Arsenal lost out, the London media might actually kick off about it.

Liverpool have been the best thing to happen to city, if it wasn’t for you they’d have won at least 6 in a row by about 20 points each season and the league would have been so uncompetitive that thered have been much more urgency for something to be done about the cheating. Klopp was so good that it made some people believe that money isnt a factor.