Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 832536 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #7040 on: March 25, 2017, 07:29:40 am »
I don't know much about the land they're building - or supposedly will build it on - but only 50,000 seats? Why not aim for 60,000? 65,000? 50,000 doesn't seem very ambitious at all.

They pretty much have to give away tickets as it is, what with free tickets with mobile schemes purchased and what not, so not sure how they will make 50k work.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7041 on: March 25, 2017, 07:31:08 am »
They haven't even got a fucking drawing.

They've got an idea. Not one they've backed with money and bought the land. No an idea where if they can find funding and make the idea into a little more than a dream then they'll progress.

This, BTW, is less progress than we've made on the Anny Rd increase. However that's ignored of course for the sake of this argument because it doesn't fit the agenda.

I know. Lauding them for ambition when they have just said some pretty words ( been there, heard that) but that is just another example of everybody else doing great and us doing absolute dog shit.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7042 on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:44 am »
I know. Lauding them for ambition when they have just said some pretty words ( been there, heard that) but that is just another example of everybody else doing great and us doing absolute dog shit.
2010–11   PL   38   6th
2011–12   PL   38   8th   
2012–13   PL   38   7th   
2013–14   PL   38   2nd
2014–15   PL   38   6th   
2015–16   PL   38   8th

We are clearly not doing things great are we? Or are those finishes ok for you.

Let me guess, moan moan moan about others finances ect ect ect.

We are also rans.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7043 on: March 25, 2017, 08:54:50 am »
2010–11   PL   38   6th
2011–12   PL   38   8th   
2012–13   PL   38   7th   
2013–14   PL   38   2nd
2014–15   PL   38   6th   
2015–16   PL   38   8th

We are clearly not doing things great are we? Or are those finishes ok for you.

Let me guess, moan moan moan about others finances ect ect ect.

We are also rans.

Since Klopp came in, I'm looking to the future, because there is so much to look forward to. But if you feel like revelling in the past, then by all means. Pretty dire way of looking at things, but whatever floats your boat.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:57:01 am by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7044 on: March 25, 2017, 09:03:37 am »
Since Klopp came in, I'm looking to the future, because there is so much to look forward to. But if you feel like revelling in the past, then by all means. Pretty dire way of looking at things, but whatever floats your boat.
What a load of.....
Judging performance by what hasn't yet happened is fucking stupid.

Also even if Klopp rises us up, once he leaves we are back to where we started.

We have stopped demanding as a fanbase. Even when we did we demanded from the wrong people. I remember the people on here claiming it was time for Rafa to go becuase *bullshit* when it was the system was the problem. We never learn do we?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7045 on: March 25, 2017, 09:09:24 am »
What a load of.....

We have stopped demanding as a fanbase. Even when we did we demanded from the wrong people. I remember the people on here claiming it was time for Rafa to go becuase *bullshit* when it was the system was the problem. We never learn do we?

As I said, you go ahead and revel in the mud.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7046 on: March 25, 2017, 09:11:06 am »
I really don't understand this obsession with everyone and the size of the ground.  I realize that the bigger the ground the more fans can get in and watch and that would be ideal but the fact that we might be 8th in ground capacity doesn't really matter all that much does it?

It does matter to people who wanna go to the match and maybe take their kids?? Very difficult to do that when your capacity is too small

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7047 on: March 25, 2017, 09:13:48 am »
What a load of.....

Contradicting ourselves a bit here are we?

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7048 on: March 25, 2017, 09:14:21 am »

How do you know what there is to look forward to? Can you see into the future?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7049 on: March 25, 2017, 09:18:25 am »

I'm ever so sorry for feeling positive about where things are going on the pitch compared to the Hodgsons, Rodgers' and Dalglishes. I'm sorry for turning from a doubter to a believer. Shame on me.

Now go and cry some more in your morning tea.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7050 on: March 25, 2017, 09:24:35 am »
I'm ever so sorry for feeling positive about where things are going on the pitch compared to the Hodgsons, Rodgers' and Dalglishes. I'm sorry for turning from a doubter to a believer. Shame on me.

You're not making a point lad, you are demanding religious belief in something that hasn't happen yet and we as a club have no real basis to claim. I bet once this fails you will be on here demanded the next plan gets the same religious belief, ignoring all.

Bloodly pointless and pretty useless.

But you revel in that mud there eh?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7051 on: March 25, 2017, 09:51:09 am »
This post made me laugh out loud.

Right, so in the summer we'll be competing for the likes of Griezmann, Aubemeyang or Sanchez then? Or will we be in the same market as Everton who now have lots of money?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:53:02 am by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7052 on: March 25, 2017, 09:54:34 am »
They haven't even got a fucking drawing.

They've got an idea. Not one they've backed with money and bought the land. No an idea where if they can find funding and make the idea into a little more than a dream then they'll progress.

This, BTW, is less progress than we've made on the Anny Rd increase. However that's ignored of course for the sake of this argument because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Everton have been planning this since Moshiri took them over.  The council, specifically blue nose Mayor Joe, are very keen to back them up on it. There's a will to make it happen.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7053 on: March 25, 2017, 10:08:40 am »
He can't see into the future any more than you can. The difference is that he chooses to be positive about it. A believer. You choose not to be.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7054 on: March 25, 2017, 10:13:28 am »
You're not making a point lad, you are demanding religious belief in something that hasn't happen yet and we as a club have no real basis to claim. I bet once this fails you will be on here demanded the next plan gets the same religious belief, ignoring all.

Bloodly pointless and pretty useless.

But you revel in that mud there eh?
Seems like some have a religious belief that something bad is going to happen; some that it's going to be good.

Neither have been realised yet.

That an ok summation?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7055 on: March 25, 2017, 10:26:03 am »

Except Klopp has a worse win percentage than Rodgers and hasn't won anything unlike Kenny but as you say what has happened and is currently happening doesn't matter . It is where things are going that matters. Just a shame League tables and draws for the cups are based on past results and not what you think may happen.

Basically just ignore the status quo cos next year might be our year.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7056 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:43 am »
He can't see into the future any more than you can. The difference is that he chooses to be positive about it. A believer. You choose not to be.

That is how elite level sport works isn't it. You don't need to push boundaries, you don't need to be ambitious or make things happen. All you need is belief and then things just fall into your lap. It is called the Doug Elliss method just tootle along in third gear and believe that your competitors will crash and burn.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7057 on: March 25, 2017, 10:37:12 am »

Leave the King out of it. :wave

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7058 on: March 25, 2017, 10:44:01 am »
That is how elite level sport works isn't it. You don't need to push boundaries, you don't need to be ambitious or make things happen. All you need is belief and then things just fall into your lap. It is called the Doug Elliss method just tootle along in third gear and believe that your competitors will crash and burn.

We've won one trophy in 10 years, heads well and truly buried for some on here. We need to invest is some quality players... it's pretty simple. That's what all teams who have won the league in the last 20 years (bar leicester who got lucky) have done. FSG haven't been very good at this so far, and show no signs of doing so.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7059 on: March 25, 2017, 10:59:44 am »
Can't wait for this thread to get binned

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7060 on: March 25, 2017, 11:01:27 am »
Everton have been planning this since Moshiri took them over.  The council, specifically blue nose Mayor Joe, are very keen to back them up on it. There's a will to make it happen.

Ah, so you're now confusing having a will and having ambition.

Why hasn't Moshiri dipped into his billions to fund the purchase of the land? Why are the council having to act as a guarantor and not the billionaire owner?

Ambition. Yeah.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7061 on: March 25, 2017, 11:13:45 am »

Honestly mate, not sure why you're bothering. Just let him get on with it, hating the clubs owners is the most important aspect of supporting the club and none of us will change that in a few of them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7062 on: March 25, 2017, 11:23:42 am »
Honestly mate, not sure why you're bothering. Just let him get on with it, hating the clubs owners is the most important aspect of supporting the club and none of us will change that in a few of them.
The only person mentioning hate is you, straw man shite.

At the top level in sport competing in the most important thing. Lfc exist to compete. We are failing at the one major metric.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7063 on: March 25, 2017, 11:25:05 am »
Seems like some have a religious belief that something bad is going to happen; some that it's going to be good.

Neither have been realised yet.

That an ok summation?
Not really. You usually judge situations from previous. That's the main reason some people have little faith in these owners.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7064 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:54 am »
The only person mentioning hate is you, straw man shite.

At the top level in sport competing in the most important thing. Lfc exist to compete. We are failing at the one major metric.

Did someone mention straw man to you at some point newrosswaterford, and you feel like you need to chuck it in post of your posts?

I don't think its really that fanciful to suggest a massive amount of hate, and getting joy from that hate, when certain posters have a vast majority of posts that are incredibly negative about FSG and the vast majority of their posts are in this thread. Its almost like some have registered purely to post negatively in this thread for example....newrosswaterford.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7065 on: March 25, 2017, 11:42:09 am »
Did someone mention straw man to you at some point newrosswaterford, and you feel like you need to chuck it in post of your posts?

I don't think its really that fanciful to suggest a massive amount of hate, and getting joy from that hate, when certain posters have a vast majority of posts that are incredibly negative about FSG and the vast majority of their posts are in this thread. Its almost like some have registered purely to post negatively in this thread for example....newrosswaterford.
You seem pretty desperate to bring define others emotions, and with a really serious emotion too.

It's not fanciful, it's condensing and false. I personally don't hate our owners or anyone in football. Maybe it's an emotion easy for you to throw at things. I find it a hard thing to use, hate.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7066 on: March 25, 2017, 11:48:39 am »
You seem pretty desperate to bring define others emotions, and with a really serious emotion too.

It's not fanciful, it's condensing and false. I personally don't hate our owners or anyone in football. Maybe it's an emotion easy for you to throw at things. I find it a hard thing to use, hate.

Not at all mate, its a game at the end of the day. Its a sport we all love watching....but its a game nonetheless. Its a positive time to be supporting the club, I'm not sure how long you've known about Liverpool but I've been supporting for like 24 years and this is a more promising time than many of those years (certainly recent years). We're making the right decisions, signing the right players, have the right manager, have made the decisions fans wanted with the stadium and are playing good football. Its a lot easier to be pessimistic and negative when supporting a football club and that's fine, I guess that's just a personal outlook which reflects other areas, but for me its certainly a positive time to be supporting Liverpool and we're moving forward as a club. I just don't see the joy in going back 3/4/5/6 years and harping back to mistakes made in the past which were rectified.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7067 on: March 25, 2017, 12:02:04 pm »
Haven't we spend half a billion quid on human beings to kick balls about since fsg took over?

If you're telling me that's not enough money to buy 20 men who are good enough at kicking a ball about to beat other teams of men who kick a ball about.

The failures were hiring commoli to do what he did at spurs and Rodgers to do what he was doing at Swansea.

Owners are ambitious enough, just didn't learn fast enough.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7068 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:49 pm »
Right, so in the summer we'll be competing for the likes of Griezmann, Aubemeyang or Sanchez then? Or will we be in the same market as Everton who now have lots of money?

Everton has lots of money? Moshiri's 1.3 billion?
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7069 on: March 25, 2017, 12:12:29 pm »

To be honest, the negativity and circle arguments are good for a proper laugh.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7070 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:40 pm »

Exactly.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7071 on: March 25, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »
Leave the King out of it. :wave

Love him to bits,but there is no escaping that he did very bad his last season.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7072 on: March 25, 2017, 12:21:15 pm »
Bollocks, we were flying until Lucas got injured and Fsg refused to buy in Jan. He was a dead duck after backing Suarez anyway, everyone knew it including the players.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7073 on: March 25, 2017, 12:23:45 pm »

He won the only major trophy we have won since 2006. How can you possibly describe that as doing very bad.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7074 on: March 25, 2017, 12:28:14 pm »
Haven't we spend half a billion quid on human beings to kick balls about since fsg took over?

If you're telling me that's not enough money to buy 20 men who are good enough at kicking a ball about to beat other teams of men who kick a ball about.

The failures were hiring commoli to do what he did at spurs and Rodgers to do what he was doing at Swansea.

Think that's the most galling thing for me. We lose against Wolves and all of a sudden, its because of FSG. We continually drop points against shite whilst beating our rivals, and its because of FSG. Fundamentally, its a problem with players and tactics and possibly motivation. Our form against our rivals shows we have top players.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7075 on: March 25, 2017, 12:28:27 pm »

People want to see investment in the squad in real terms from the owners. It's false economy if you're saying we've spent £500m but aren't factoring in what FSG have generated through sales.

The brutal truth is Utd and City have a higher net spend in 2016 alone than Liverpool have had combined since FSG became owners. Despite the brilliance of Klopp, it's going to be very difficult to compete with that on a consistent basis. 

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7076 on: March 25, 2017, 12:31:17 pm »
Except Klopp has a worse win percentage than Rodgers and hasn't won anything unlike Kenny but as you say what has happened and is currently happening doesn't matter . It is where things are going that matters. Just a shame League tables and draws for the cups are based on past results and not what you think may happen.

Basically just ignore the status quo cos next year might be our year.
Does this include the season when we had Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling?

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #7077 on: March 25, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »
It is pointless for FSG to give billions to spend on the transfers since we cant buy anything decent that will improve the team.  Putting money in recruitment, we'll just get expensive average players.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7078 on: March 25, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »
United who have spend the last thirty years building a commercial powerhouse and man city who any right minded fan hates for financially doping.

We can't spend like united yet and who the fuck wants us to be city.

Yet when we announce a new sponsor or partner people like you deride the club for being "top of the sponsor table Where's our trophy"

You can't win if the games rigged

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7079 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:08 pm »
People want to see investment in the squad in real terms from the owners. It's false economy if you're saying we've spent £500m but aren't factoring in what FSG have generated through sales.

The brutal truth is Utd and City have a higher net spend in 2016 alone than Liverpool have had combined since FSG became owners. Despite the brilliance of Klopp, it's going to be very difficult to compete with that on a consistent basis.