Author Topic: James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag  (Read 13353 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 11:43:58 pm »
Whatever happened to that prick?

Pisses off when the cricket season finishes, proper fair weather fan. 

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2017, 11:47:16 pm »
Would watch that George Michael thing on channel 4 if it wasn't for him showing up in that aswell
Been watching it, always been someone who I've liked, great singer with integrity hated by the tabloids. All good.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:08 pm »
Carpool Karoake is enjoyable but he's an annoying fat wanker otherwise.  He wrote or advertised for The S*n too, didn't he?

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 10:04:22 am »
He's funny and pretty much every one of his shows are great to watch. He clearly does have talent. A lot of people tend to stick to a popular opinion on here yet most of you would watch League of Their Own happily ;) . He's where he is because he's good at chat shows and engaging with the audience, well deserved in my opinion.
Justice for the 97

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 10:08:23 am »
He's funny and pretty much every one of his shows are great to watch. He clearly does have talent. A lot of people tend to stick to a popular opinion on here yet most of you would watch League of Their Own happily ;) . He's where he is because he's good at chat shows and engaging with the audience, well deserved in my opinion.

League of Their Own is shite.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 10:19:04 am »
I don't know what it is, but I love Gavin and Stacey. I think the whole thing is genius. I've watched it whiling away the hours on planes and trains hundreds of times. Not a fan of him now and agree with the thread title, but in that series he was brilliant.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 10:25:09 am »
Can take him or leave him, can't say he's ever really done anything bad enough for me to stop and think he's a shitbag to be honest.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:07 am »
Gavin and Stacey was shite.

League of their own is shite.

Can't stand him and think he's unfunny.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2017, 11:00:09 am »
''I can see your belly'' lol

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 11:01:46 am »
Never really watched anything he has done, the most annoying thing for me is the confused.com adverts, but then again most adverts are shite and annoying anyway.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02:56 am »
Jonathan Ross is talented. Once upon a time he was fresh and innovative (in the UK - he may have been ripping off late night US TV, but it is fresh to these shores).

The phoning in it to interview the people who could not get on Graham Norton that week / people with ITV shows / mates of Cowell, is not how he started out. He may be in the establishment rut now, but it was not always so.

The funniest thing on TV is Graham Norton versus Jonathan Ross right now.

Graham gets Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling................JR gets Martin Clunes and Holly Woollybob

Graham gets Jane Fonda, Bryan Cranston....................meanwhile Bradley Walsh etc

Jonathan Ross must cry himself to sleep.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2017, 11:04:43 am »
Been watching it, always been someone who I've liked, great singer with integrity hated by the tabloids. All good.

But the stain on that programme was having James Corden commenting on it. Like a dog listening to Opera*

*credit to Stewart Lee, fair dos

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2017, 11:20:04 am »
The best thing is though, that no matter how annoying I think someone or something is, and there's a lot of wankers and shite about, theres other people and things I really like that I can concentrate on. So who fucking cares anyway.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2017, 11:23:08 am »
The best thing is though, that no matter how annoying I think someone or something is, and there's a lot of wankers and shite about, theres other people and things I really like that I can concentrate on. So who fucking cares anyway.

Aye its true

Did you expect to come into a thread called 'James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag' and see people gushing with praise?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:11 am »
Aye its true

Did you expect to come into a thread called 'James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag' and see people gushing with praise?

I expected more abuse about his fucking put-on American friendly accent to be honest.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2017, 11:32:16 am »
;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36:19 am »
In the world of comedy I don't think there is line to be crossed when it comes to the content of any joke.

There is actually. I think David Baddiel has mentioned it. Alan Davies crossed that line and tarnished himself forever.
We're a Liverpool site so I don't have to mention it by name.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2017, 11:56:38 am »
League of their own seems to be the most scripted "comedy" show out there :/ the jokes they give to most of the guests are awful and you can see the setups coming a mile off :/ terrible show. Fits Corden perfectly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 12:18:22 pm »

Graham gets Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling................JR gets Martin Clunes and Holly Woollybob

Graham gets Jane Fonda, Bryan Cranston....................meanwhile Bradley Walsh etc

JR very cringy the other night. Liv Tyler looked like she wished she was somewhere else entirely.

Liv was sat between Sue Perkins talking about her appearing on the revamp of 'The generation game' and some unfunny cockney wide boy "Comedian" who used to be on the I'm a celebrity spin off show making hilarious jokes about pissing on shark meat.

The couch looked a bit like ZAZ

(To be fair Kit Harrington and Mary J Bilge were on too)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »
For all the haters saying he is untalented still can't come up with a reason why he won a Tony for acting on Broadway, which is the equivalent of an Oscar.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
For all the haters saying he is untalented still can't come up with a reason why he won a Tony for acting on Broadway, which is the equivalent of an Oscar.

How did Yul Brynner win a best actor oscar for the King and I?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 03:13:02 pm »

Are you happy to be on here cheerleading for a guy who champions the fucking rag?

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:39 pm »
There is actually. I think David Baddiel has mentioned it. Alan Davies crossed that line and tarnished himself forever.
We're a Liverpool site so I don't have to mention it by name.

Alan Davies didn't make a joke though did he? He made an ignorant, short-sighted comment. Just because he's a comedian it doesn't mean that everything he says has to be taken in a comedic way. And no, it wouldn't have been fine for him to have actually tried to make a joke. But he wasn't trying to be funny and I don't even know if he's capable of it.

When I'm talking about there not being a line to be crossed I don't think there is. And I'm not necessarily talking about personal experience with this post. I'm not a stand-up comedian but having watched a lot of comedy over the years everything seems fair game. The holocaust, 9/11, the Jimmy Savile abuse, Madeleine McCann. I could go on and on. Corden's Weinstein jokes didn't even show up on the radar compared to some comedians.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2017, 05:27:00 pm »
What did Alan Davies say?

Don't have to post the full comment/joke as it is obviously offensive.  Just the subject matter.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2017, 05:28:21 pm »
Talking of untalented wankers making a twat of themselves, sam kriss today. All seems to be coming out now

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:46 pm »

Don't have to post the full comment/joke as it is obviously offensive.  Just the subject matter.

"Liverpool and the 15th, that gets on my tits that shit," said Davies on his football podcast, The Tuesday Club. "What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'? Why can't they? My mum died on 22 August. I don't stay in all day on 22 August. Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was – 1971?"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2017, 05:30:56 pm »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alan-davies-comic-hits-out-796374
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2017, 05:41:24 pm »
Fucking snide frizzy haired wanker

Was never over keen on the smug c*nt anyway but now. :no

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:30 pm »
Are you happy to be on here cheerleading for a guy who champions the fucking rag?
I don't ever want to see anyone from Liverpool or Liverpool fans have anything to do with it. But its hard to have a go at someone from the South who probably has no idea of the boycott.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:52 pm »
"Liverpool and the 15th, that gets on my tits that shit," said Davies on his football podcast, The Tuesday Club. "What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'? Why can't they? My mum died on 22 August. I don't stay in all day on 22 August. Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was – 1971?"

Yeah he's a nob. Even if he made a joke about Hillsborough I wouldn't find it funny. Some would unfortunately but then that's the nature of comedy. I've listened to many comedians mock rape and murder and whatever but obviously if you or know someone who's had that done it's not funny and offensive or even if your sensitive to that it a never gonna be funny. Was listening to Dave Chappelle the other day rip Bill Cosby but at the same time excuse his actions and make light of what he did. I laughed.

Back on topic, I just don't think James corden is very funny being James Corden. Maybe where he has a script and is acting among other people he's bearable like Gavin and Stacey but just him being him telling jokes, isn't funny.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2017, 06:11:51 pm »
Alan Davies didn't make a joke though did he? He made an ignorant, short-sighted comment. Just because he's a comedian it doesn't mean that everything he says has to be taken in a comedic way. And no, it wouldn't have been fine for him to have actually tried to make a joke. But he wasn't trying to be funny and I don't even know if he's capable of it.

When I'm talking about there not being a line to be crossed I don't think there is. And I'm not necessarily talking about personal experience with this post. I'm not a stand-up comedian but having watched a lot of comedy over the years everything seems fair game. The holocaust, 9/11, the Jimmy Savile abuse, Madeleine McCann. I could go on and on. Corden's Weinstein jokes didn't even show up on the radar compared to some comedians.

You're right, but you need to know your audience, and timing is vital. Corden is not a comedian, he's not even funny, he has no way to make the judgement over whether or not he can get away with that sort of material at the time he's making those jokes in front of those people, some of whom have quite likely actually or nearly been raped by Harvey Weinstein or someone like him.

And if you are going to go down that road, you need to have some really funny material, not the weak shit sub-HIGNFY bollocks he came out with.

It's tone deaf, which doesn't make him evil, but it does make him a fucking prick.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2017, 06:13:13 pm »

I was thinking the exact same after watching one of Norton's shows the other week when he had Ford and Gosling on, then I turn the TV on (I think he's on Saturday, not sure?) and up pops Ross's face, and I instantly turn the channel over. Can't stand the c*nt. The problem with him is the same issue that Corden now currently exhibits, in that he's disappeared up his own hole, and for some reason, has developed this massive ego where he thinks himself to be funnier, and more talented than what he actually is. Ross used to be OK when he just did stuff within himself, then all of a sudden he fancied himself as a stand up comedian, and...er...yeah, sorry mate, but you're just not funny. He does more talking than his guests, or he interjects too much whenever someone is talking and makes the interview about himself. "Me, me me. Look at me. I'm dead funny me. Laugh at me, please!" Fuck off, Ross. You can see why he gets Z-listers chucked at him these days. It's a bed he's firmly made for himself, and I hope that odious fat fucker Cordon goes the same way. His success on TV is genuinely one of the most baffling things I can think of these days.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:52 pm »
You're right, but you need to know your audience, and timing is vital. Corden is not a comedian, he's not even funny, he has no way to make the judgement over whether or not he can get away with that sort of material at the time he's making those jokes in front of those people, some of whom have quite likely actually or nearly been raped by Harvey Weinstein or someone like him.

And if you are going to go down that road, you need to have some really funny material, not the weak shit sub-HIGNFY bollocks he came out with.

It's tone deaf, which doesn't make him evil, but it does make him a fucking prick.
Exactly. A good stand up knows when, or if, he can get away with certain material, and that's mostly down to the timing and reading the audience. I dare say if that crowd had a load of rotten fruit and veg on hand, they'd have pelted him with it. Me personally, I'd prefer dog turds.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:17 pm »

Absolutely spot on. He has no self-awareness. He thinks he's a genius comedian and therefore the floor was his to make those jokes. A non-famous, local comedy club level comedian would come up with better 'jokes' than he did. You need to be smart to make edgy jokes, and as you rightly say knowing your audience and timing is absolutely key.

He thought he was above his station. Too big for his boots.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:06 pm »
I don't ever want to see anyone from Liverpool or Liverpool fans have anything to do with it. But its hard to have a go at someone from the South who probably has no idea of the boycott.

Yeah I mean it's not like he's had any interaction with scousers.

::)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/james-corden-remembers-time-working-3362302.amp
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »

League of Gentlemen yes .... League of Their Own? Hell no.

Rickety old Question of Sport is a better watch.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:24:32 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2017, 09:34:30 pm »
Alan Davies bites tramps.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2017, 09:45:47 pm »
There's a boss little clip on the poke comparing James corden to David Brent. Proper tumbleweed moments

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2017, 10:04:29 pm »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:16 pm »

Fair enough. Alan Davies is a completely smug prick and not that funny. The thing with Corden is his material on Weinstein was really lame. And the context, you're delivering those limp lines to a group of people in Weinstein's industry when it has just been revealed (what many has whispered for ages) that he used his status to bully and sexually harass women for decades. In a way I am agreeing with you.

There will be smart and cleverer comedians - male or female - who can absolutely nail Harvey by the balls with their lines about him.
I haven't seen it but I believe Chris Rock did some material on Bill Cosby. Which must have hurt the younger comedian because he would have idolized him growing up.

If you are stand-up and you are touching subjects like the Holocaust, 9-11, McCann as you say; even the best zingers in the world are still likely to leave you in the shit with some people.