Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3544149 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #22840 on: August 13, 2021, 07:01:05 pm »
Last years 3rd wasn't released until around mid-September. It'll be the same for this one, probably.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22841 on: August 13, 2021, 07:05:22 pm »
That's strange to me, but then I suppose it'll be one of them where we announce it the day before we play our first game in it - Brentford end of Sept?

The club and Nike know to release new kits about a month apart so families can adjust their spending.

Not having each kit announced every two weeks allows for warehouse and shipping to do their thing, rather than be rushed.

Plus there is warehouse space to consider. Stock up on the home--both versions- then announce. Wait for stock to dwindle ( no laughing in the back) and room for the next announced kit with it's two versions.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22842 on: August 13, 2021, 09:52:20 pm »
I really miss when we had one home shirt for two seasons. Something about shirts having a mini era attached to them.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22843 on: August 14, 2021, 02:15:23 am »
I thought Nike would have been slightly better at mitigating this at the start of the season.

Nike have just given Liverpool an important boost as record kit sales recorded

Nike are due to release more shirts by the end of September, such is the demand for the new away shirt, which pays tribute to the cream kit of the 1996/97 season.

Liverpool’s new away kit is proving very popular with supporters.

So popular, in fact, that it’s now becoming scarce to find a men’s shirt anywhere, either online or in the shops.

And this is before the season has even kicked off.

The new away shirt, styled on Liverpool’s cream kit from the 1996/97 season, as sported by the likes of Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and Patrik Berger, has blown fans away, and record numbers went out to buy it.

It’s reported that Nike has been made aware of the situation and are planning to fully re-stock the shirts before the end of September.

This isn’t the first time it's happened to the club in recent years

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-nike-record-kit-sales-21307441
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22844 on: August 14, 2021, 05:00:23 am »
I thought Nike would have been slightly better at mitigating this at the start of the season.

Nike have just given Liverpool an important boost as record kit sales recorded

Nike are due to release more shirts by the end of September, such is the demand for the new away shirt, which pays tribute to the cream kit of the 1996/97 season.

Liverpool’s new away kit is proving very popular with supporters.

So popular, in fact, that it’s now becoming scarce to find a men’s shirt anywhere, either online or in the shops.

And this is before the season has even kicked off.

The new away shirt, styled on Liverpool’s cream kit from the 1996/97 season, as sported by the likes of Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman and Patrik Berger, has blown fans away, and record numbers went out to buy it.

It’s reported that Nike has been made aware of the situation and are planning to fully re-stock the shirts before the end of September.

This isn’t the first time it's happened to the club in recent years

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-nike-record-kit-sales-21307441

Yeah. i thought this was one of the reasons why we moved from NB to Nike. But it must mean sales have far exceeded their forecasts. If not, then it's poor of them as they're essentially losing sales - there's no guarantee those unable to buy a shirt now will do so in two months, while some may buy counterfeits instead in time for the season.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22846 on: August 14, 2021, 11:16:46 am »
Yeah. i thought this was one of the reasons why we moved from NB to Nike. But it must mean sales have far exceeded their forecasts. If not, then it's poor of them as they're essentially losing sales - there's no guarantee those unable to buy a shirt now will do so in two months, while some may buy counterfeits instead in time for the season.

Tbf manufacturing across many industries (esp the Far East) is on its knees at the moment due to COVID and a couple of other issues. I’m not sure Nike were anymore able to mitigate for this than anyone else.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #22847 on: August 15, 2021, 07:55:37 pm »
Having seen the new home kit live and on the players now it still disappoints me.
It just isn't the lovely rich red we've been used to, especially over the past few seasons.
And the salmon/pink/orange/woteva trim just distracts from the rest of the kit - to the extent that it lessens the impact of the all-red quite a bit.

It's a sign of the times. Moving away from our roots with nods to fashion/innovation.
I just hope it doesn't get worse. This season's is worse than last season's. Hoping next season's won't be worse still.

The new kit looks ok on the telly. But from a distance most things do!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22848 on: August 15, 2021, 08:38:57 pm »
Opinions. Last seasons kit was shite in comparison to this year, in fact I love this years home kit, not as much as 17/18, 18/19, but I love it more than 19/20 for instance.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22849 on: August 15, 2021, 10:59:52 pm »

It's a sign of the times. Moving away from our roots with nods to fashion/innovation.
I just hope it doesn't get worse. This season's is worse than last season's. Hoping next season's won't be worse still.

Disagree with that. Our away kit is arguably the best away kit we've had since the 90's, and it's based off of one from that decade. Our third will be like marmite, but when I look at that one, it's easily one of the most "Liverpool" kits I've seen from us in a long time with it's tribute to the flags on the Kop. If the leaks are to be 100% the same, then the fans version of the kit looks like a throwback to the early 80s with its subtle pinstripes and simple design. The only question marks about it is the trim, which has personally grown on me, and as I said, it's unique to us.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #22850 on: August 15, 2021, 11:07:00 pm »
Having seen the new home kit live and on the players now it still disappoints me.
It just isn't the lovely rich red we've been used to, especially over the past few seasons.
And the salmon/pink/orange/woteva trim just distracts from the rest of the kit - to the extent that it lessens the impact of the all-red quite a bit.

The new kit looks ok on the telly. But from a distance most things do!

I'm sure someone posted in this very thread this seasons and last seasons kit next to each other, and it's pretty much the same shade of red.

It's an optical illusion, just like the trim isn't pink or orange.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22851 on: August 15, 2021, 11:08:59 pm »
Disagree with that. Our away kit is arguably the best away kit we've had since the 90's, and it's based off of one from that decade. Our third will be like marmite, but when I look at that one, it's easily one of the most "Liverpool" kits I've seen from us in a long time with it's tribute to the flags on the Kop. If the leaks are to be 100% the same, then the fans version of the kit looks like a throwback to the early 80s with its subtle pinstripes and simple design. The only question marks about it is the trim, which has personally grown on me, and as I said, it's unique to us.
I'm talking only about the Home (Red) kits.

I agree with you on the non-Home kits.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22852 on: August 15, 2021, 11:11:22 pm »
I'm sure someone posted in this very thread this seasons and last seasons kit next to each other, and it's pretty much the same shade of red.

It's an optical illusion, just like the trim isn't pink or orange.
Yeah, I realise that side by the side the reds may be same/similar.
But we're talking about the shirt/kit as a whole.
So how the trim colour changes the overall look and the look of the red is the issue.
Choose the wrong trim colour and the shirt starts to suffer.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22853 on: August 15, 2021, 11:22:13 pm »
I'm talking only about the Home (Red) kits.

I agree with you on the non-Home kits.
Would you say it's as bad as some of the Warrior ones, though? Some of those were shocking. In fact, NB had a couple of good ones, but the rest were shite. Don't get me wrong: when I first saw this years home I thought it was a bad joke, but it's actually not that bad. It'll be a memorable kit when we win something in it.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #22854 on: August 15, 2021, 11:45:39 pm »
Both of last year’s aways I bought for the first time since the 2015/16 Warrior polo Away. That was a thing of fucking beauty!!

Was never compelled to buy an away after that, but last years were awesome. Not a fan of this years away so far.

I’ve bought the home shirt every year since 17/18. Was never a fan of the mid 2010s home shirts. I feel 15/16 and 16/17 were pretty much identical, just one by Warrior and one by NB.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #22855 on: August 16, 2021, 06:07:19 am »
Last years 3rd wasn't released until around mid-September. It'll be the same for this one, probably.

Last season was an anomaly due to the late start to the season (Sept)

Home was 01.07
Away was 17.08
Third was 11.09

This season -

Home - 21.05
Away - 08.07
Third - imminent - I expect this/next week

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22856 on: August 16, 2021, 12:12:43 pm »
Would you say it's as bad as some of the Warrior ones, though? Some of those were shocking. In fact, NB had a couple of good ones, but the rest were shite. Don't get me wrong: when I first saw this years home I thought it was a bad joke, but it's actually not that bad. It'll be a memorable kit when we win something in it.
From memory I would say the only truly shite Warrior Home kit was the one that Stevie retired in - the one he wore on his last game at Anfield. That looked proper shite and was sad to see it draped on the living legend that is are Stevie.

But apart from that, at least the Warrior and NB Home kits have looked like LFC All-red kits.
The 'contrasting trim' trend on some newer Home kits is just a bit too out there.
I can see a lot of our overseas fans liking/loving it. Just can't see the majority of our older/more traditional fanbase lapping it up if it starts to become a trend, i.e. radical trim every season on every Home kit.

Remember this is just an opinion from a purely aesthetic/traditions point of view, and commenting on our kit designs.
I fully understand that shirts are now a very important revenue stream for the club so they'll do pretty much whatever it takes to get more sales.

Shame really. But welcome to modern footy :)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22857 on: August 16, 2021, 12:28:51 pm »
15/16 was poor as well. Stupid halo around the collar and weird patterns on the shirt itself.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22858 on: August 16, 2021, 01:09:17 pm »
15/16 was poor as well. Stupid halo around the collar and weird patterns on the shirt itself.
;D True!
Those two years were combined shite!
It was that halo-collar thing on both shirts that killed it! looked almost like a neck piece that Cleopatra would've worn  ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22859 on: August 16, 2021, 01:13:17 pm »
Opinions. Last seasons kit was shite in comparison to this year, in fact I love this years home kit, not as much as 17/18, 18/19, but I love it more than 19/20 for instance.

Think they're both quality. Away kit is particularly nice.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22860 on: August 16, 2021, 04:18:38 pm »
From memory I would say the only truly shite Warrior Home kit was the one that Stevie retired in - the one he wore on his last game at Anfield. That looked proper shite and was sad to see it draped on the living legend that is are Stevie.

But apart from that, at least the Warrior and NB Home kits have looked like LFC All-red kits.
The 'contrasting trim' trend on some newer Home kits is just a bit too out there.
I can see a lot of our overseas fans liking/loving it. Just can't see the majority of our older/more traditional fanbase lapping it up if it starts to become a trend, i.e. radical trim every season on every Home kit.

Remember this is just an opinion from a purely aesthetic/traditions point of view, and commenting on our kit designs.
I fully understand that shirts are now a very important revenue stream for the club so they'll do pretty much whatever it takes to get more sales.

Shame really. But welcome to modern footy :)
I think it's always been that way, though. In 96, Adidas brought out that home shirt with the mad cricket neck. Again, that was them harkening back to a previous era and "modernising it". Today that kit looks antiquated, but for some, it's a cult classic because it was just mad. When I first saw last season's one, it was similar to that kit with its mad collar, and the call back to the green we had in '92 - I think - when it was in our shirts then, but people forgot about that because those kits were notoriously shite. No one is really talking about the collar anymore. It's just one of those things: it's different, and different is weird, but as time goes on, it gets accepted.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22861 on: August 16, 2021, 04:31:04 pm »
I think it's always been that way, though. In 96, Adidas brought out that home shirt with the mad cricket neck. Again, that was them harkening back to a previous era and "modernising it". Today that kit looks antiquated, but for some, it's a cult classic because it was just mad. When I first saw last season's one, it was similar to that kit with its mad collar, and the call back to the green we had in '92 - I think - when it was in our shirts then, but people forgot about that because those kits were notoriously shite. No one is really talking about the collar anymore. It's just one of those things: it's different, and different is weird, but as time goes on, it gets accepted.

I've hated all of our Adidas home kits in the 90s. Shite then, still shite now.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22862 on: August 16, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »
The one with the massive adidas 3-stripes under each arm area was a modern day travesty!
The Reds?
More like the Red n Whites!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #22863 on: August 16, 2021, 04:36:48 pm »
Nah can't be true everyone says Adidas kits are elite, surely they've never made bad ones before?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22864 on: August 16, 2021, 04:42:27 pm »
I think for me, a kit might have a slightly shite design but if it's mainly All-Red it symbolises our identity to me.
Whereas the opposite, even though it might be innovative and 'trendy', just doesn't give me LFC vibes..

An example being.... the generally shite kit from Warrior below.... but compared to this season's 'trendy' one... the Warrior one seems to be more in touch with our 'Reds' moniker..

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22865 on: August 16, 2021, 05:40:24 pm »
Adidas made plenty of horror shows for us back then.

Their own branding was often far too prominent, making shirts look like Adidas shirts with an LFC  logo, rather than an LFC shirt with an Adidas logo.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #22866 on: August 16, 2021, 05:48:23 pm »
Agreed, it’s a nice kit. Everyone will love the away kit when they first see it in action too. Unless we lose.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #22867 on: August 16, 2021, 06:10:12 pm »
This year's kit is actually growing on me, it's obviously not one for the purists but I think they've given us the away kit for that. The home kit is trendy and appeals to the younger market, nothing wrong with that considering I'm sure that's the biggest demographic who buys shirts anyways. It looks a lot better in person too.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22868 on: August 16, 2021, 06:25:42 pm »
This year's kit is actually growing on me, it's obviously not one for the purists but I think they've given us the away kit for that. The home kit is trendy and appeals to the younger market, nothing wrong with that considering I'm sure that's the biggest demographic who buys shirts anyways. It looks a lot better in person too.

It's fantastic in person [the players version]. The only dislike is the back of the collar but that aside it's great.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22869 on: August 16, 2021, 07:02:57 pm »
It's fantastic in person [the players version]. The only dislike is the back of the collar but that aside it's great.

Thought it looked beautiful on Saturday. Vibrant trim works a treat and deffo NOT orange. Just doesn’t photograph well in studio lighting.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #22870 on: August 17, 2021, 01:44:40 pm »
This is a mock up, but it's one of the better ones.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22871 on: August 17, 2021, 03:53:18 pm »
Came across this proper photos of the previously seen renders for some of the CL gear. Thought this was a particular highlight... I know everyone will disagree but if we can't happily disagree on the internet then where can we?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22872 on: August 17, 2021, 04:07:42 pm »
Thought it looked beautiful on Saturday. Vibrant trim works a treat and deffo NOT orange. Just doesn’t photograph well in studio lighting.
Looks a bit darker than it is in the picture Jon posted above, but even in that, you can see the idea behind the trim. The contrast makes it look like the trim is glowing like something out of Tron.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22873 on: August 17, 2021, 04:12:56 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22874 on: August 17, 2021, 04:20:22 pm »

Seems like the 3rd kit that's been shown in here is legit going by that polo.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22875 on: August 17, 2021, 06:04:13 pm »
This is a mock up, but it's one of the better ones.

Aaaaand Virg finally gets his dream transfer to Hibs

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22876 on: August 17, 2021, 06:08:16 pm »
Looks a bit darker than it is in the picture Jon posted above, but even in that, you can see the idea behind the trim. The contrast makes it look like the trim is glowing like something out of Tron.
Hmm interesting take on it - Tron!
Nike's innovation knows no bounds. We are now the first team to have a pseudo-digital kit  ;D
Maybe it's to make us look more dynamic, what with the digital age and all that.
Just being 'scary red giants' like Shanks wanted isn't enough anymore. That suited the 60s and a bit further on.
Now we need more lines, colours, swirls n swooshes to strike fear into the opposition!  ;D

For the record, I actually like the new Home kit. Looks slick and funky. It would make a great radical kit for Roma and/or a cracking training kit for us.
I just don't think it's 'pure' enough for an LFC Home kit. But just my opinion  :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22877 on: August 17, 2021, 07:48:24 pm »
Man the lifeboats

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22878 on: August 17, 2021, 08:27:09 pm »
Hmm interesting take on it - Tron!
Nike's innovation knows no bounds. We are now the first team to have a pseudo-digital kit  ;D
Maybe it's to make us look more dynamic, what with the digital age and all that.

For the record, I actually like the new Home kit. Looks slick and funky. It would make a great radical kit for Roma and/or a cracking training kit for us.
I just don't think it's 'pure' enough for an LFC Home kit. But just my opinion  :)
It's coming. In 100 years from now, we'll have magic kit material that will be made of millions of LEDs that are capable of showing player moods and advertise what they're worth by the minute.

Just being 'scary red giants' like Shanks wanted isn't enough anymore. That suited the 60s and a bit further on.
Now we need more lines, colours, swirls n swooshes to strike fear into the opposition!  ;D
Lightening bolts.

Could be worse. Could be a Jackson Pollock like Spurs' kit.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22879 on: August 17, 2021, 08:32:37 pm »
Came across this proper photos of the previously seen renders for some of the CL gear. Thought this was a particular highlight... I know everyone will disagree but if we can't happily disagree on the internet then where can we?

Definite Anfield Rap vibes. If it had a hood, it’d come with faux perm lining.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg