Author Topic: FT: Liverpool 3 v M'brough 0 (Gini 45+1', Phil 51' Lallana 56')  (Read 49625 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: FT: Liverpool 3 v M'brough 0 (Gini 45+1', Phil 51' Lallana 56')
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »
I like to think it was a penalty and we got away with murder... because that version pisses off other fans more which is funny

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2017, 01:17:17 pm »
I thought it was a foul when I saw it live.

Having seen replays I'm not so sure.

Lovren actually doesn't do a great deal.

I still think it's a foul.  Bamford was quite intelligent getting across Lovren and shielding the ball.  Lovren did exactly what the attacker wanted him to do and gave the ref every reason to call the foul.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »
as the manager said in the press conference after, all sort of evens out, after having offside goals given against us and blatant penalties not given for us.

It's cos it was in such a high profile game that this gets attention, but stuff like this happens all the time, and we seemed to get the shit end of it more often than not. So yep, it's really nice to finally get a couple in our favour. 

Well yeah I suppose they do. My argument has always been though that refs are not out to get us as much as some would like to believe that to be true you know

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: May 22, 2017, 01:28:47 pm »
Why would it have been a red? Didn't they change the rules on last man tackles?

We still would have won anyway.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 22, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
I like to think it was a penalty and we got away with murder... because that version pisses off other fans more which is funny

Haha, fuckin too right.
I don't do any sort of social media but I really hope they are calling us all the names under the sun. After the shite decisions we've had go against us this season I really couldn't give a fuck what they're saying.

Anyhow, well in Redmen, been all over the shop this last year but we got what we were after, just don't fuck up the qualifying...  ;)
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #805 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:28 pm »
I cannot believe anyone would think that's a penalty. There's minimal hand to back contact, and otherwise leg to leg contact at all. The way every pundit is so adamant it was a penalty does my head in.

Except the actual match commentator, mind. He was fairly convinced Bamford was playing for it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: May 22, 2017, 01:33:34 pm »
Why would it have been a red? Didn't they change the rules on last man tackles?

We still would have won anyway.

Dunno mate, did they ? Could well have done, My heart sank though when he done it. But as other say, its bloody brilliant seeing the uproar about it :-)

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: May 22, 2017, 01:37:39 pm »
Dunno mate, did they ? Could well have done, My heart sank though when he done it. But as other say, its bloody brilliant seeing the uproar about it :-)

Quick google search came up with this:

A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:39:12 pm by Caston »

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #808 on: May 22, 2017, 01:37:50 pm »
I still think it's a foul.  Bamford was quite intelligent getting across Lovren and shielding the ball.  Lovren did exactly what the attacker wanted him to do and gave the ref every reason to call the foul.

Atkinson apparently told Bamford at half time that he didn't give it because Bamford had thrown the anchors on and waited for Lovern to go through him....Bamford quoted in the Echo, with no hard feelings to be fair.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: May 22, 2017, 01:39:14 pm »
Quick google searched came up with this:

A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card.

There you go, good stuff cheers. Fuck it then they'd have missed the pen anyway, Lovren would of stayed on and we'd have won  ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2017, 01:56:27 pm »
Bamford's explanation is a load of bollocks. The ball is racing through into the area, why would he suddenly want to slow down? By doing that the ball would get away from him and there would be no shot. There's no chance he'd be gearing up to shot from 18 yards out when it'd be so much easier for him to score from 12 yards or so.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2017, 02:44:41 pm »
Never a pen.....just a "talking point". Gotta have those right?  ;)

We looked nervous after not getting the early goal, but I was confident we would do it still. Just our decision making in the final third seemed to get worse and worse as the half wore on...

...even Gini's goal he should squared it really lol

But what a strike, and from then on we were fantastic....could have scored much more but earned the right by the 3rd to try fancy flicks and over-intricate stuff.

Nice and relaxing stroll in to the Champions League in the end, where we belong. Nice end to an eventful season.

Onwards

In noted this before - the NBCSN studio crew in the US - 5 people, and then the NBCSN commentary team calling the game - all agreed no penalty and showed 4-5 different angles and noted that the Boro player was looking for it and started his fall pre contact.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #812 on: May 22, 2017, 03:20:11 pm »

Correct attitude. I'm downloading the highlights as we speak but going by the GIF on the previous page, which admittedly isn't the best medium for seeing video accurately, it all looks like much ado about nothing. There seems to have been minimum contact and if anything it was a free kick. Having said that, you're absolutely right. We paid off the referee and Lovren should have really been sent off and given a 9 game ban for ruining our precious rivals' summers.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #813 on: May 22, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »
Never seen anything like Brad Guzan.

It was like he was deliberately kicking it out of touch.
And their keeper coach has the bowest legs I've ever seen.

Apart from that I was pretty leathered for most of the day.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #814 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »
In noted this before - the NBCSN studio crew in the US - 5 people, and then the NBCSN commentary team calling the game - all agreed no penalty and showed 4-5 different angles and noted that the Boro player was looking for it and started his fall pre contact.

I thought it was more of a Drogba move where he slowed down a bit hoping to get contact and then fall. It's hard to call it and to be honest I'm surprised the referee didn't give it.

Anyway he didn't so all of those opposition fans who are moaning about it can moan all they like if it takes their minds off how poor a season they have had.
#JFT97

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
Bamford's explanation is a load of bollocks. The ball is racing through into the area, why would he suddenly want to slow down? By doing that the ball would get away from him and there would be no shot. There's no chance he'd be gearing up to shot from 18 yards out when it'd be so much easier for him to score from 12 yards or so.

Yeah, Bamford was playing like a defender trying to see it out, not a forward trying to score. It was completely unnatural behavior for an attacking player, though we're certainly fortunate Atkinson had the sense to recognize it for what it was.

I cannot believe anyone would think that's a penalty. There's minimal hand to back contact, and otherwise leg to leg contact at all. The way every pundit is so adamant it was a penalty does my head in.

Except the actual match commentator, mind. He was fairly convinced Bamford was playing for it.

Commentators are paid to manufacture controversy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:14:02 pm by Gegenpresser »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2017, 07:14:45 pm »
If the ref saw it or linesman had the bottle to give it and I doubt we're having the same conversations today.

With all due respect, why are you even arsed? You were finishing 6th either way.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #817 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:56 pm »
Commentators are paid to manufacture controversy.

Absolutely. They are paid for "extreme" views that generate debate.....especially on phone-ins. I know the brother of one TV pundit who was told that his "sensible" comments needed to change.
#JFT97

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2017, 09:14:07 pm »

He didn't stop, but he did slow down and place himself across the defender's path. Could have been given but I thought he did try and manufacture it (as many players do). Anyway we were lucky there. Happy days.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:50 pm »
Credit to Atkinson for reading the situation so well.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »
They should stop giving a foul any time any other player puts the brakes on to draw a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #821 on: May 23, 2017, 01:27:55 am »
Great season! Glad to be in the Top 4.  :scarf

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: May 23, 2017, 01:48:01 am »
If the ref saw it or linesman had the bottle to give it and I doubt we're having the same conversations today.
Yeah, that's football you big sook.

I don't give a fuck either way, we've got the best penalty saving keeper in the league and would've won with 10 men.

Go focus on your Europa league final.