Author Topic: Emile Heskey  (Read 84368 times)

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
Re: Emile Heskey!
« Reply #360 on: January 8, 2004, 12:52:56 am »
EH has now won us two games on the trot, without scoring - hopefully soon people will realise that he doesn't have to put the ball in the net to have a massive influence on the game.

F--ing amazing ball for the goal, and played like a Red all night - full of passion.

Heskey is a legend. Maybe one day everyone will realise it.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2004, 12:54:59 am by CiaranBonner »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #361 on: January 8, 2004, 12:53:43 am »
Eh has now won us two games on the trot, without scoring -

:P

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 8, 2004, 12:54:38 am »
4pool... neither... it's fight, and for once it was there.

Is it bollocks mate. It depends on who the player is. If your a fans favourite ya can do fuck all wrong. If yer a boo boy then ya can do fuck all right. Its the way it seems to be these days.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: January 8, 2004, 12:57:41 am »
Quote from: 4pool

How did Heskey do v Yeovil?  ;)

[quote

Yeah but today we played CHELSEA, away in the league.  He played great against Yeovil but today was a side higher than we are in the table and he started.

I thought today he was better.
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #364 on: January 8, 2004, 12:58:08 am »
Is it bollocks mate. It depends on who the player is. If your a fans favourite ya can do fuck all wrong. If yer a boo boy then ya can do fuck all right. Its the way it seems to be these days.

That does seem to be the general concensus like but I'm gonna start on that after such a great night.

:wave
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

myth

« Reply #365 on: January 8, 2004, 12:58:31 am »
I think Heskey should be giving a Drug test now before whatever he took leaves his system;D ;D
no honest good win!!!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #366 on: January 8, 2004, 01:03:19 am »
Yeah but today we played CHELSEA, away in the league.  He played great against Yeovil but today was a side higher than we are in the table and he started.

I thought today he was better.

And if it was that dead easy against Yeovil..why weren't we up 5-0 by the time Heskey came on..;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 8, 2004, 01:05:23 am »

Pretty much true....unfortunately.

Support all the lads..;)

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: January 8, 2004, 01:18:41 am »
And if it was that dead easy against Yeovil..why weren't we up 5-0 by the time Heskey came on..;)

You're missing my point dad, today he played the whole match and played well in a place that we haven't won in since 1989. 

I'm not taking anything away from Yeovil.  I like his performance today better.  Just agree with me damnit, you know I'm right. ;D
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #369 on: January 8, 2004, 02:01:59 am »
far as im concerned hes won us 2 consecutive games against teams at complete opposite ends of the scale.

all we need to worry about now is the 90-odd teams in the middle...
Momo Is Boss

Offline enoder

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • One Wool
« Reply #370 on: January 8, 2004, 04:02:34 am »
Whooo,

Just finished watching the Game, great result, nothing like a win to put a smile on yer face.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #371 on: January 8, 2004, 07:19:11 am »
I hate to say I told you so but....... :-X

You can have ago because he doesn’t do it enough or because he seems to pick his games but the names he gets called on here is fucking pathetic, its plain to see the lad is capable.

It's because he doesn't do it often enough he gets all the stick. Now whose fault is that?

No point in having all the ability and bottle in the world if you can't be assed to use it.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #372 on: January 8, 2004, 07:26:59 am »
watch it.  ;D

4pool... neither... it's fight, and for once it was there.

Totally agree! If you win the fight then you can become stylish as your confidence grows. We passed the ball around defence with aplomb, because we'd won the fight.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #373 on: January 8, 2004, 09:38:11 am »
  I can remember at least a couple of times he came up behind a Chelsea player  at incredible pace and robbed them.

NEWS FLASH:

police looking for  " frank bruno lookalike " purse snatcher

well pleased for emile today :wave :wave :wave

and the side

bruno,djimi and ged all deseve a special mention :wave :wave
JFT 96

Offline AndyJ

• If it wasn't for RAWK I'd jack in work
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 8, 2004, 10:09:27 am »
It wasn't about the style last night cause when you're missing the countries best striker and midfielder add to that no natural right back, two keepers out injuried and your 2nd/3rd choice striker out style goes out the fucking window and it all comes down to fight, grit and determination. With the injuries we have I don't care if we play like Wimbledon to get results until the big guns come back.

An immense effort from the boys last night, they deserve plenty of credit but Gerrard summed it up brilliantly in the studio, the jobs been done don't ruin it on Saturday with a shit performance against Villa - we are unbeaten in 4 now lets build on that and push oin so the second half of the season is worth talking about for all the right reasons.

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #375 on: January 8, 2004, 10:17:21 am »
Made up for him.

Offline Olly

• Sees greatness from his sofa
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #376 on: January 8, 2004, 10:19:13 am »
Emile was superb last night, and more of the same could save him. Before the game I mentioned that against a good Chelsea side, and upfront on his own, he would need to be very strong to relieve the pressure that would no doubt build. And strong he was.

He seemed to challenge for every ball, his head was up, he looked interested and he worked tirelessly.

I've had a go at Emile on here plenty of times in the past, but last night showed what he can do when he uses his strength and power.

Well in lad.
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline connaught

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #377 on: January 8, 2004, 10:21:29 am »
John terry and Co were scared shittless every time Emile received the ball, reminded me of the roma defence that wonderful night at Anfield.

More of the same Emile :wave

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: January 8, 2004, 10:30:05 am »
Short memories by some...lol

How did Heskey do v Yeovil?  ;)

I also wonder about those who liked the result but it won't be long before Ged get's criticised for using 'defensive' tactics again. 4-5-1 worked well tonight. But if we did that more often then some would bring out their complaints again.

So is it results or style?  ;)

I don't think any of us will have a problem going to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford or Highbury with a defensive 4-5-1 formation.  It's at home I don't want to see it - or at the likes of Middlesborough.

And it was fight that got the result last night - if that's there every game AND combined with some style against the lesser teams, we'll batter most teams.

A small point - that's the first time we've used Cheyrou in his favoured position.  And against Yeovil and Chelsea we used Heskey to his strengths - more of that please!
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Zach

• In my humble opinion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 8, 2004, 10:33:40 am »
A small point - that's the first time we've used Cheyrou in his favoured position.

Not accurate, Valencia away springs to mind.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 8, 2004, 10:37:42 am »
Would like to contradict you but I've no idea - all I remember from that night is Diao having a nightmare.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Olly

• Sees greatness from his sofa
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #381 on: January 8, 2004, 10:40:25 am »
Would like to contradict you but I've no idea

;D
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline Zach

• In my humble opinion
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 8, 2004, 10:40:50 am »
------------Dudek------------
Xavier Diao Hyypia Traore
Murphy Gerrard Hamann Heskey
-------------Cheyrou
--------------Owen

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 8, 2004, 11:04:53 am »
Emile needs to be showed some appreciation on Sat at Anfield.

I can't make up songs or chants for shit but those who can, put your heads together and think of something better than -"Emile HESKEY, Emile HESKEY" repeated over and over again!
If the whole of Anfield get behind him, me might see more of what we saw last night; he was unplayable.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2004, 12:44:35 pm by adamski »

Offline Kirsty

• Has a list of older men she'd like to 'wotsit'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @kirstycurran
« Reply #384 on: January 8, 2004, 12:40:02 pm »
There was another song being floated about a bit last night by Peewee's mate ... to the tune of Karma Chameleon ...

Karma Karma Karma Karma, Karma Kemile Heskey, Emile Heskey ... sing it to yourself now, it's great ;D

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 8, 2004, 12:43:25 pm »
 ;D ;D

Will it catch on on the Kop though?

Offline Kirsty

• Has a list of older men she'd like to 'wotsit'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @kirstycurran
« Reply #386 on: January 8, 2004, 12:48:28 pm »
;D ;D

Will it catch on on the Kop though?

I think most of the Kop would struggle catching a cold mate, but I hope it gets an airing at an away soon ;D 

Offline enoder

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • One Wool
« Reply #387 on: January 9, 2004, 12:11:20 am »
Anyone consider that Heskeys new improved performances have anything to do wit the recent visit of Cisse to the training complex.

Maybe he realises that his position in under real threat and he now has to play to stay ?

It's just a though maybe nothing more than coincidence, although thinking about it for all the time he's been here who has really challenged him for his place ? This year if players had been fit he would have been given a run for his money, in previous years whoe really challenged him ?

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #388 on: January 9, 2004, 12:58:28 am »
i think hes been more readily axed from the first team... two instances springing to mind, yeovil, and also earlier in the season around the time of the derby.

but i reckon his confidence is just growing at the moment. lets hope houllier's faith in him will be justified.
Momo Is Boss

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 9, 2004, 02:52:32 am »
Can anyone name how many strikers have been signed 'after' Heskey signed? And how many have left the club?

Yet, because we may sign another striker..Emile's neck is the one in the noose.

Ged had said before that we need 4 or 5 strikers in order to compete when play near 70 matches per season.

As with any position, it's competition for places. If you were Heskey, start a number of matches for Liverpool, earn England call ups, and see kids come in all the time..would one more really worry you?

All Emile can do is his job. If it's good enough to warrant to starting, he will. If it's good enough to be one of the 4 or 5 that Ged wants to use, he's still here then isn't he..

If his performances don't warrant wearing the Red, he may go the way of Fowler, Litmanen, and others and be sold.

All players leave at some time......

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #390 on: January 9, 2004, 09:31:29 am »
Anyone consider that Heskeys new improved performances have anything to do wit the recent visit of Cisse to the training complex.

Maybe he realises that his position in under real threat and he now has to play to stay ?

It's just a though maybe nothing more than coincidence, although thinking about it for all the time he's been here who has really challenged him for his place ? This year if players had been fit he would have been given a run for his money, in previous years whoe really challenged him ?

was thinking the same thing yesterday.....................

co incedence????

NO SUCH THING :butt
JFT 96

Offline enoder

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • One Wool
« Reply #391 on: January 9, 2004, 01:59:02 pm »
Can anyone name how many strikers have been signed 'after' Heskey signed? And how many have left the club?

Yet, because we may sign another striker..Emile's neck is the one in the noose.

Ged had said before that we need 4 or 5 strikers in order to compete when play near 70 matches per season.

As with any position, it's competition for places. If you were Heskey, start a number of matches for Liverpool, earn England call ups, and see kids come in all the time..would one more really worry you?

All Emile can do is his job. If it's good enough to warrant to starting, he will. If it's good enough to be one of the 4 or 5 that Ged wants to use, he's still here then isn't he..

If his performances don't warrant wearing the Red, he may go the way of Fowler, Litmanen, and others and be sold.

All players leave at some time......

Agreed, but the whole reason for the 4/5 strikers being at the club is to put pressure on the each other, which in turn should bring out the best in each player. With the ones who are performing at the highest being chosen. If your place is never in question, you may realax and become complacent. Emile at times could be accused of that.

I think having many quality fit strikers at the club fighting for a place in the starting 11 is nothing but a good thing. Although on ocasion I would have to question who the in-form players is and if the player plays more of a role and who the best player for  that role is. If we move into the role argument and not form player, then we only seem to have Heskey to fill that for us, while Cisse seems to be in that same role, bringing him to the club would place real pressure on Emile.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #392 on: January 9, 2004, 02:43:28 pm »
I love Emile!

:D
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
All the Heskey to Boro/Milan stuff
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2004, 11:29:02 am »

HERE WE GO AGAIN
Emile Heskey (according to sky sports news)
as hinted that he may have to leave Liverpool,he doesnt want to leave but with Euro 2004 he needs first team football.
Got a bit of form back,now he's in the news,
see nothing was said a few weeks ago ???
 >:( >:( >:(
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
Re: All the Heskey to Boro/Milan stuff
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2004, 11:33:17 am »
what aload of bollocks, why would he want to go?

Offline mark s

• gone fishin'
  • Legacy Fan
  • used to be a regular but now just irregular
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2004, 11:39:48 am »
from offal news

Heskey playing for his Anfield future

Emile Heskey has revealed that he's got to maintain the high standards he set himself against Chelsea and Aston Villa if he's to earn a new contract at Anfield.

The Liverpool No.8 has 18 months left on his contract and with Djibril Cisse's arrival in the summer looking a distinct possibility, Heskey knows he must deliver the goods on a consistent basis between now and the end of the season if he's to remain at the club.

"With 18 months to go, I'm playing for another contract," insists the England striker. "I want one and will do my best to earn one. I've heard the stories about Cisse coming and the weeks ahead will be crucial for me. I don't want to go anywhere, so I have to make sure I'm performing at a high level on a regular basis.

"I've got to merit a new deal. The crunch may come at the end of the season. That will probably be decision time, so it's going to be a vital period between now and then.

"I know my future is on the line. It always is at a club like this. We're always being linked with strikers and you have to be turning in the performances every week, or someone else will take your place. I'm 26, I'm not getting any younger, so it's important I stay involved. I've got the European Championships to think of as well as my Liverpool future, so there's no getting away from the importance of the next few months." 
the anfield shrine - those were the days my friend

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2004, 11:39:58 am »
what aload of bollocks, why would he want to go?

Why they print this shit,or say it,surely they dont expect a media frenzy. :wanker

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2004, 11:43:00 am »
my arse
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2004, 11:44:03 am »

SEE what i mean,the lad does a sensible and logical explanation about his future,And these c*nts on the telly twist it all round.
Going by the quote above,makes a lot of sense

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2004, 01:49:32 pm »
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice