Author Topic: Emile Heskey  (Read 84291 times)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Ode to Emile Heskey
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2003, 09:59:41 am »
Scores 2 and STILL gets fuckin stick. Unbelievable.  :wanker :wanker

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2003, 10:18:36 am »
I did say "ironically".

Listen - I've defended him on here, and in general since we signed him.  I've said that we don't play to his strengths and that if we did, he'd be a different player.  But last night I looked at Dwight Yorke's all round play (and I've always thought he's way over-rated) and he's just in a different class to Heskey.  Dwight fucking Yorke - he's nothing, and he's still better than Heskey.  Same as Hartson last year v Celtic.  One step up from a journey-man, and still better than our Emile.  Our play this year has been ideal for Heskey - Diouf last night must have knocked over about 5 really fucking spot on crosses - and heskey either didn't see them, or went the wrong way.  I've seen more crosses this season(than a nun's woodwork convention...boom boom) than I've seen since our 3-5-2 days and it's made little or no difference to Heskey's goal scoring.

He....is.....not.....good.....enough.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2003, 10:20:15 am »
is that the best you can do at trying to drag a thread into the gutter    ::)

I am still learning the ropes with this innuendo lark...  ;)

Anyway, Emile should have scored a hatful last night. The late Blackburn comeback could have cost us the game.

The cheery comments flying around here just now would be very different if we had lost that game last night. We should have beaten ten men by a very clear margin, they were bloody terrible yet we managed to give them a chance.

That's what I find unbelievable.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2003, 10:23:13 am »
He....is.....not.....good.....enough.

Agree. I am past the point of no return with Emile. I'll support him 100% on the pitch, but he is not good enough.

Don't forget that Emile started this season on the bench. Milan Baros was going to be second striker behind Michael Owen, and Emile is only playing now because of Milans injury.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2003, 10:43:13 am »
At the end of the day, the day after he's scored 2 important (and superb) goals, isn't the time for you twats to be moaning.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2003, 10:48:30 am »
1.  It's the start of the day.
2.  Calling someone a twat isn't the best way to argue your point.
3.  I think it's better to call him after scoring 2 goals - makes the point more effective I'd have thought.  Any old twat can slag him off when he's on one of his '10 games without a goal' runs.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2003, 10:55:18 am »
Have you ever scored? Anything at all? ;)

Rob did tell his other half to stay in Italy  ;D and this after him trying to sell to the highest bidder.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2003, 10:57:39 am »
At the end of the day, the day after he's scored 2 important (and superb) goals, isn't the time for you twats to be moaning.

I am not a twat, Si. Maybe you would like to reconsider that comment, and maybe withdraw it, since I don't particularly appreciate it.

Disagreeing with my viewpoint does not entitle you to level cheap abuse.  :wave

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2003, 11:03:42 am »
I could think of other words to call Michael  :P

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2003, 11:06:38 am »
I could think of other words to call Michael  :P

Jon, you say the nicest things.  :wave

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2003, 11:33:58 am »
I don't think Heskey's good enough but it was good to see him involved in the play and getting (and missing) chances!
I'm not quite sure why but last nights match filled me with confidence - yes we have a long way to go before we are clinically winning games and challenging where we all wantus to be, but fuck me we've got some talented players now & boring we are not... we can't defend a lead so we just carry on attacking - I'm all for it! Sinama is gonna be class! ;D

PS I have to agree the best time to criticise is after a good performance or a win... if you do it after a bad result you are knee jerk or jumping on the bandwagon etc
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2003, 12:05:56 pm »
emiles name should be changed to enigma.
 :P

after he missed the one on one with freidel i thought oh no there goes his confidence, and then he goes and scores two....i dont know anymore...i give up...im glad im not Ged

;D too true.

I probably go over the top in my pro Heskey side of things, partly due to being on a defensive much of the time, and partly due because we look lost sometimes without him. No I'm not on drugs.

Great against Leeds, and should have had a hat-trick yesterday, so his form is good. But it's been good all season. His composure is lacking a little, and his overall aggression goes missing sometimes but with Harry and Diouf zipping in these great balls, they have a great head to aim for, Heskey's. The two headers he took last night were evil and clinical. Instinctively he's magic, give him an extra second to think and he goes to pieces, but he's a team player, thats his instinct. More selfishness is what evryone knows he needs, but I'm sure the form he showed 2 years ago will return. Don't forget he spent 18 months dealing with balls constanly pinged up to that big chest of his. He must have one of the best chests in the world now, and now we have genuine crosses coming in, he'll be back sticking it in the net regularly. Great to hear the support for him from the terraces too.

Kewell duffed up (geddit?) a good 1-on-1 too don't forget, as did Emile.

I always like to see Emile in the starting line up, and he's deffo got 15+ (maybe even 20+) goals in him this season.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2003, 03:06:27 pm »
I was delighted to see Emile bag a brace last night, even if he could have had at least double that.

It was also great to hear the travelling Kop getting behind him a lot as well.  
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2003, 08:59:50 pm »
I'm sure some people have called Emile a "twat" now and again, so I won't be withdrawing my comments ta.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2003, 09:05:02 pm »
I'm sure some people have called Emile a "twat" now and again, so I won't be withdrawing my comments ta.

Not me.

Thankyou for being so polite and understanding Si, you're a credit to your parents.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2003, 10:26:39 pm »
Cheers, I'm sure yours are proud too.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Emile Heskey the fraud?
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2003, 12:21:28 pm »
If you know me, i'm not one to have a pop at players, purely as i think slagging a player off is not a great way to support a player/team, but i have given Emile chance after chance to prove his doubters wrong.

When he played for us in season 2000/01 he showed us that he was a powerfull and skilfull player, who was able to create and score goals, but since that time has turned into a sloppy wastefull player, who seems to score only when he doesn't have a lot of time to think about what he is doing. If you watch highlights of games like Blackburn in the league cup, the two he scored were instinctive goals, whereas the blazing miss and penalty attempt when he had time to think about it were woefull.

Time and time again, i have attempted to back him, due to what we all know he can do, and time and time again he has shown us his lack of confidence in front of goal.

No more Emile, YOU have to show us your treble season form NOW before it is too late to save you Liverpool career.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Re: Emile Heskey the fraud?
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2003, 12:23:32 pm »
Even if he just showed a little more fight, a little more will to win he would be fine. I cant tolerate a player who looks like he doesnt want to be on the pitch, thats what i see everytime I watch Heskey.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline redmonkey

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2003, 12:27:37 pm »
Was he that good in the treble season?

He ran out of steam in the end and was dreadful in all 3 of the finals

Also how many goals did he get against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd?

Against the best defences he's useless

I think he simply overachieved in 2000/2001, and it has been business as usual ever since

Offline Bren

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2003, 12:37:10 pm »
before it is too late to save you Liverpool career.

hard to believe he can resurrect his liverpool career.

Obviously 8 goals in ten games would be a nice start but just can see it happening.

he'll probably play and score a thumper against the reds in the league cup over the coming seasons  :(
Stevie, Boma Ye

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 15, 2003, 12:39:16 pm »
I can't understnad where the old Heskey went.

I don't know whether it's down to the manager telling him to play a particular role, but I think a lot of it is also down to Heskey.

Whenever he's asked about his goalscoring, he justs shrugs it off and doesn't seem too bothered. A real striker would be disgusted with his record. He just doesnt seem to be a natural goalscorer.

if he was allowed to play as striker and play as a really offensive player we might see something different. I just can't believe a striker would want to play in midifeld all the time and trot around like a lazy fat pub player (No offence to any fat pub players out there). I think much of it must be down to the instructions he's given.

I think Bill Shankly once said "Never ever trust a player who can be good on their day".

Heskey's the same. He has ability. But we don't see it often enough. And for that reason he isn't good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #301 on: December 15, 2003, 12:45:25 pm »
Sadly, I no longer believe that it appears like he can't be arsed, I believe he truly can't be arsed.  Perhaps he is after a free transfer to LCFC eh (only half joking)

As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2003, 12:46:56 pm »

Heskey's the same. He has ability. But we don't see it often enough. And for that reason he isn't good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

You can say the same about alot of lfc players right now.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2003, 12:47:24 pm »
playing him out wide, and then virtually in between the defenders against Newcastle, confused the shit out of me, and must have had Emily scratching his head aswell. Here we have a striker who needs cuddling by Ged, then he sticks him out wide as if to say, sorry Emily, you're shite, actually.

Why Flo didn't start with Emily on saturday I'll never know.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 15, 2003, 12:51:08 pm »
Rob, i'm not referring to games like Newcastle away, as that seemed to be the way he was asked to play. You know how pissed off i was at him for that Blackburn game, as when he has a chance to think about what he is about to do, he fucks it up.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 15, 2003, 12:58:14 pm »
aye I know. Frankly I thought he was gonna pop that goal of his over the bar. Why are we going into home games though with Heskey up front and Smicer behind him?

I dunno. I'm lost for words.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 15, 2003, 01:04:02 pm »
Because Pongo was suffering from a cold i think, and unfortunately we have no bleeding strikers left to play.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2003, 01:07:30 pm »
he was on the bench tho! Doesn't wash with me that. Suffering from a cold!? Bloody hell. They don't have Lemsip or a pack of Tunes in the medical bag!?

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2003, 01:08:57 pm »
Well, people have said he had the Flu, wish i could move like that if i had the flu.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2003, 01:12:05 pm »
too right. Bloody ridiculous reason to not play him. Bloody ridiculous to keep the poor fella on the bench in this cold weather of ours too. Do hope he was given a blanket.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2003, 01:22:03 pm »
Harsh on Emile, been scoring well recently.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2003, 01:24:52 pm »
Harsh on Emile, been scoring well recently.

Si, how come? His forward play is the worst i've seen for years from a LFC player. He has a few goals, but never looks like he wants to score and never shows any heart most of the time.

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2003, 01:25:03 pm »
You see this is what pisses me off most..heskey wasn't first choice at the start of the season - owen and baros were. Pongolle has come in and done well. Due to injury and illness u'd think this is the chance for heskey to show why he should be first choice partner for owen. A chance to show how vital he is to the team.

Not only him but vladi in his preffered choice role that he wants to play in.

Djimi in his preffered role - whether thats centre half or left back i dunno he's done well on occasions and thrown a few clangers in both positions.

biscan - he's had a chance both at centre half and at centre midfield.

Murphy- right across the midfield.

diao - right back - centre mid. i thought he had a super game against arse in centre mid. Shite against bolton at centre mid and worse still at centre half.

U think they'd all be chomping at the bit to get in the side and to make those positions there own.

Sad that when carra, Henchoz, baros, kewell, owen, even didi - when fit have and will waltz back into the side no problem. Finnan might have to watch out with otsemobor playing so well.

This shouldnt be the case - these players should have to scrap to get back into he team.

Those in the side at the moment should force the above to be doing that but they haven't. 

Are they comfy sitting on the bench?
are they just not good enough?
are they trying to hard or not hard enough?

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 15, 2003, 01:29:25 pm »

Are they comfy sitting on the bench?
are they just not good enough?
are they trying to hard or not hard enough?

I think those points could be vaid reasons for the lack of passion with some of the squad.

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #314 on: December 15, 2003, 01:37:31 pm »
imho - yes they are trying - in some cases they are trying to hard - overcomplicating the simple things. Stevie g a culprit sometimes of a long pass when a short one will do. But for me those that i have named heskey, vlad, murphy, diao traore etc and some others just arent good enough.

U can compare em to the fringe players of arsenal and manu and even chelsea now. And they dont seem to bad on paper. On the pitch they just aint consistent enough in their performances.

Offline myrlas