Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 150119 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2018, 11:04:09 am »
Imagine the mindset of those Roma fans who travelled to Liverpool armed and looking for trouble, and then attacking Liverpool fans in their own city! They will be worse in their own city and with the 5-2 result, so all Liverpool fans travelling best stay away from pubs and places where alcohol is flowing because if they can brandish hammers in Liverpool, they will have knives etc in Rome as Italian ultras are well known for stabbing rival fans...

Without doubt a planned attack from a bunch of proper cowardly shitbags & the attempted murder charges are justified.
Cowardice shitbaggery is ingrained in their blood,very bravado when all seems to be going their way..as soon as the shit hits the fan they show their true colours & run,they should carry white flags.
Best wishes & thoughts to the lad in ozzy.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2018, 11:11:36 am »
The guy with the hammer in his hand seems to wear a ring... so he is probably married, maybe even with Kids. Fecking Family man travelling abroad to commit crimes like that?

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2018, 11:29:45 am »
The guy with the hammer in his hand seems to wear a ring... so he is probably married, maybe even with Kids. Fecking Family man travelling abroad to commit crimes like that?

Are we even sure he's a Roma fan because from the video on the bbc website it looks like he's stood with Liverpool fans, Could be wrong of course but im sure if roma fans had a hammer they would have used it and we would be hearing of more serious injuries
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2018, 11:30:54 am »
The man has been identified as a 53 year old from Dunboyne, Co Meath. He's still in serious condition :(

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2018, 11:31:51 am »

From what I've seen on the video, both the BBC one and the twitter one of the other fella getting attacked, the Roma thugs were all young and dressed in black and were together in the middle of Walton Breck Road. I would assume the fella has picked the hammer up after one of theirs has dropped it, not brought it along as some seem to suggest.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:39 am »
From what I've seen on the video, both the BBC one and the twitter one of the other fella getting attacked, the Roma thugs were all young and dressed in black and were together in the middle of Walton Breck Road. I would assume the fella has picked the hammer up after one of theirs has dropped it, not brought it along as some seem to suggest.

These were the same fans that the police battled with earlier in the afternoon, all dressed in black attacking people on there own

jft96

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:58 am »
Are we even sure he's a Roma fan because from the video on the bbc website it looks like he's stood with Liverpool fans, Could be wrong of course but im sure if roma fans had a hammer they would have used it and we would be hearing of more serious injuries

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201 to it.

I just watched it and it does look that way. Unless, he's clever enough to blend in with LFC fans so he doesn't get arrested.

Thinking away from last night, for me it seriously raises concerns over the safety at the World Cup. Russia are known for it and if these Ultra's go over as well there could be a lot of trouble! Hopefully they wont because they're cowards!

Very concerned for any Reds going next week....
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2018, 11:36:01 am »
Just to be clear here: One of our fans is in hospital fighting for his life after been attacked and left for dead by Roma fans and it's way down the headlines

A couple of Liverpool fans throw beer bottles at a Man City bus cracking a mirror and it's all over the news.

:wanker

This is not true in the slightest. It’s been pushed heavily by BBC and Sky alone.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2018, 11:36:53 am »

You can tell that he is probably married with kids, foreigner from abroad and committing crimes from one picture of a hammer in a hand? Impressive.  :)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:01 am »

It's also not how I'd expect any reds fan to show up at a game armed with a hammer.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2018, 11:38:19 am »
These were the same fans that the police battled with earlier in the afternoon, all dressed in black attacking people on there own

Fucking c*nts. Hope the club can make sure our fans are transported safely over there and those out and about are safe.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2018, 11:38:20 am »

Yes ok... we should stick to seriously known facts before theories and rumors get out of hand. Just hope the Police picked out the right ones and they get their deserved punishment.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2018, 11:38:50 am »

It's in his right hand on the photos and a wedding ring is on the left. Either way I think your point is still very much valid. He's definitely someone's son/uncle possibly Dad etc. Horrible!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2018, 11:39:11 am »
It's also not how I'd expect any reds fan to show up at a game armed with a hammer.

There is that as well, seen lots of stuff over the years, but never seen that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:00 am »
Bunch of c*nts, anybody going to the away leg be fucking careful and avoid pubs with only one exit, this could very easily end up like the Spurs incident where fans were stabbed in Rome before the Lazio match.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2018, 11:42:50 am »
Another point worth noting is these "Ultra's" all dress the same, black top, jeans and mainly white trainers. The man in video hasn't dressed like that.

Either way, all theories and worth letting police do their job. Underlying issue is that hopefully the man pulls through and there is no long term damage.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2018, 11:44:10 am »
Fucking c*nts. Hope the club can make sure our fans are transported safely over there and those out and about are safe.

I think Merseyside police should now consider traveling with the fans next week as the Italian police wont offer protection inside or outside the ground, UEFA will be closely watching events next week and I hope the club is severely punished and I don't mean a pathetic fine, This has ben going on for years now with traveling fans from the uk

jft96

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #337 on: April 25, 2018, 11:50:43 am »
Bunch of c*nts, anybody going to the away leg be fucking careful and avoid pubs with only one exit, this could very easily end up like the Spurs incident where fans were stabbed in Rome before the Lazio match.

Anybody with a ticket must now be seriously considering not going and who can blame them, I fear the news next week filtering out of Rome wont be of a Liverpool win and another final but stabbings and beatings

jft96

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #338 on: April 25, 2018, 11:54:00 am »
Dunno if there was a couple then because the one I saw all of the police running out from the ground towards was around 19:35 as we were just getting into the ground and a load of our lot were running right behind and along side the police because it could only have meant it was kicking off

Been changed on the BBC to 19.05 now! Doesn’t surprise me in any way that more went on afterwards though, we went in the ground not long after, so didn’t see anything else specific happen

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2018, 11:56:04 am »
Imagine the mindset of those Roma fans who travelled to Liverpool armed and looking for trouble, and then attacking Liverpool fans in their own city! They will be worse in their own city and with the 5-2 result, so all Liverpool fans travelling best stay away from pubs and places where alcohol is flowing because if they can brandish hammers in Liverpool, they will have knives etc in Rome as Italian ultras are well known for stabbing rival fans...

The voice of doom for sure. Cheer up mate. 😳

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2018, 11:58:15 am »

I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that there'll be an alcohol ban for 24 hours in Rome on the day of the semi-final.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2018, 12:07:06 pm »
I'm not sure how true it is, but I've heard that there'll be an alcohol ban for 24 hours in Rome on the day of the semi-final.

This has happened before hasn't it? Although I thought there would have been an announcement already if this was going to be the case again.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2018, 12:07:19 pm »
Who the fuck carries a hammer? Use one of them and you are looking to kill someone. No two ways about it.

As far as Roma are concerned, how on earth have they been allowed to get away with this kind of stuff for decades now? Everyone knows the score with them, and Italian clubs generally. Regular ambushes, slashings, stabbings etc. I know the belt buckle is their thing currently. It's legal to wear, but a fearsome weapon when swung at your head. Napoli used them when they came here too.

These lot are dinosaurs stuck in an 80s time warp fighting battles the vast majority have moved on from. A major crackdown on these knuckle-dragging apes is long overdue. The depressing thing was that this was always going to happen. As soon as we drew them I knew there would be problems. Everton and our city also  had similar problems when Atalanta came here.

I sincerely hope the fella hurt last night makes a full recovery, and I hope everyone going over to Rome sticks together and stays safe too, because these cowardly, dinosaur shithouses will be prowling around looking to mob up on innocent people out to enjoy a game of football.

Personally, I don't give a shit if 'ultra' groups and 80s throw-backs want to go toe-to-toe together in a field somewhere, but fuck me; innocent people out for a beer and a game of football. Get a life you sad twats.

It's been shown time and again over decades that Roma (and others in Italy) simply cannot act in a civilized manner and that visitors to their ground will be seen as fair game for violent attack. Major crackdown, bannings etc are long overdue.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:57 pm »
Please please stay safe anyone going next week. They will cause trouble, of that I have very little doubt. They are well known for it.

Shithouse and cowardly act, deliberately timed and this poor fella was isolated. I sincerely hope the full weight of the law is thrown at whoever did it - and then they are thrown into Walton for good measure.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2018, 12:15:27 pm »
Just caught a bit of the report on SSN, Alan Irwin mentioned both belts and a hammer as possibly being used in the attack on the poor fella, but he didn't state what sources they had for that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2018, 12:16:08 pm »
This has happened before hasn't it? Although I thought there would have been an announcement already if this was going to be the case again.

I've had a look for something but can't find anything about it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #346 on: April 25, 2018, 12:18:01 pm »
The hammer certainly appears to be in the hand of a relatively young Liverpool fan in the video I've seen, or if they are Roma fans they seem to be in an area with plenty of home fans and not fighting/running.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2018, 12:25:37 pm »
Scumbags of the highest order. Hanging up 20 on 1 and acting all tough. As soon as some of our fans approached the scene they ran away like a bunch of scared little c*nts

How did Chelsea fan get on when they were over there earlier on in the season? Did they have much problem with the Roma fans or police?

I remember the red mancs few years ago now getting absolutely belted full force by the police

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2018, 12:31:09 pm »
Scumbags of the highest order. Hanging up 20 on 1 and acting all tough. As soon as some of our fans approached the scene they ran away like a bunch of scared little c*nts

How did Chelsea fan get on when they were over there earlier on in the season? Did they have much problem with the Roma fans or police?

I remember the red mancs few years ago now getting absolutely belted full force by the police

There was trouble when Chelsea went there . Same as pretty much any away fans who visit Rome .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2018, 12:43:22 pm »
Whats there media saying..where Scouse Neopolitan when you need him!?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2018, 12:48:00 pm »
This is not true in the slightest. It’s been pushed heavily by BBC and Sky alone.

Sorry i should have stated i am based in Ireland and there was fuck all about it earlier considering the man is Irish.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2018, 12:49:01 pm »
Sorry i should have stated i am based in Ireland and there was fuck all about it earlier considering the man is Irish.

How soon after the attack was it known that he was Irish, though?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2018, 12:51:01 pm »

I heard on either the 8 or 9 am news on the radio this morning that he was Irish, they also had his age as 53 on Sky Sports News on the reports I saw just after 6am.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »
Couple of idiots break a window on a bus and the outrage is everywhere. ''ooo ban them from europe, make them play behind closed doors, lock them up'' yada yada yada.

Innocent Liverpool fan gets stabbed, two Roma fans arrested for attempted murder. where's the outrage?
Fucking joke this anti-Liverpool shit.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2018, 12:54:33 pm »
I think Merseyside police should now consider traveling with the fans next week as the Italian police wont offer protection inside or outside the ground, UEFA will be closely watching events next week and I hope the club is severely punished and I don't mean a pathetic fine, This has ben going on for years now with traveling fans from the uk

This is a sensible comment. If as i expect we score in the first half and the tie looks to be over it's going to get ugly quickly. I wouldn't trust the Italian police to protect our supporters at all. No harm the club even paying a fair few off duty coppers or security etc.. to travel and stay with our fans and record anything and everything and most importantly inform the Italian police, Roma and UEFA of same in advance.

I've travelled to support the team to Italy before and it has never felt safe.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2018, 12:55:01 pm »
Couple of idiots break a window on a bus and the outrage is everywhere. ''ooo ban them from europe, make them play behind closed doors, lock them up'' yada yada yada.

Innocent Liverpool fan gets stabbed, two Roma fans arrested for attempted murder. where's the outrage?
Fucking joke this anti-Liverpool shit.

It's all over the news and social media, it's not some anti-Liverpool agenda.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »

Heard first reports early this morning. Sorry just really wound up by this could have been anyone but to target a lad by himself like that is as low as you can go.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2018, 01:01:00 pm »
I suspect the Roma fans didnt realise how much CCTV there is around grounds and even in the street and that they could be pciked out in the ground.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2018, 01:03:27 pm »
This is a sensible comment. If as i expect we score in the first half and the tie looks to be over it's going to get ugly quickly. I wouldn't trust the Italian police to protect our supporters at all. No harm the club even paying a fair few off duty coppers or security etc.. to travel and stay with our fans and record anything and everything and most importantly inform the Italian police, Roma and UEFA of same in advance.

I've travelled to support the team to Italy before and it has never felt safe.

Was it the Mancs a few years back who got absolutely leathered by the Italian bizzies in Roma despite having been attacked themselves?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2018, 01:04:54 pm »
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family