Author Topic: 2018/2019 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?  (Read 20023 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Couldn't find a topic on this, and now that the transfers are done and dusted what does everyone expect from this season?

I know the deadline day circus just ended but I think my thoughts on this season are pretty clear at the moment.

We're gonna be concentrating on attack and will score a shitload of goals.

I want the league....we can win it but we have to be lucky with injuries, especially at centre back. Maybe this will be another 2013/2014 but with a better ending?

But what I expect is a comfortable top 4 finish and a title challenge deeper into the season than January. And we need silverware....I really hope we win a cup, any cup!

As for CL.....get out the group stages and we've done ok, anything after that we'll see. Will be interesting to see how this pans out and revisiting the thread next May when we are where we are!

This is now a Klopp team, he's had almost 2 seasons with us and time to get to grips with England....I still believe he will build a title winning team with us and I hope that's this season but if not I hope we get another step closer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:42:23 am by just redk84 will do »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Re: 2017/2018 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2017, 09:57:47 am »
I'd say Top 3 easily, with the potential of a title-challenge if we can sort out our defensive issues.
Expect us to make it to the quarters of the CL, which will be great experience for this team.
A cup would be great, since this team needs to start getting into the habit of winning.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2017, 10:00:11 am »
I think we will finish in the top 3. If we're lucky with injures when it comes to Matip, Mane, Salah, Coutinho and Firmino we're good enough to compete for the title. Not favourites by any means, but we play excellent football, Klopp has a lot more pace in the side and we now have the ability to rotate our key players, in midfield especially, more than last season. It's looking good, another quality CB is the only thing that I'd say is missing, a like for like back up to Mane/Salah would've been nice as well.

In Europe we'll get through to the knock-out stage, from there anything can happen. No one will want to draw us, that's for sure.

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2017, 10:02:01 am »
Going to be positive and think we are going to have a proper title challenge this year!

My prediction is that we are going to end the year in 2nd place, sign VVD in Jan and then go on to win the league.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2017, 10:04:40 am »
Top 4 challenge. We didn't improve the depth of the squad, and in fact we let go of Origi and Lucas, two of our most used back up players last season, so I think it's difficult to see us doing much more than that especially now we have Champions League football to contend with.

I'd be happy to finish top 4 again. Really want a trophy though, be it the League Cup or whatever. Hopefully come January we will be top 4 and we can try to get a couple top players in.

Knockout stages of the CL has to be the aim for that, then it is all about luck of the draw really. You could end up with Porto in the last 16 or you could get up with Bayern.

Where do I think we will finish? 4th. We're better than Arsenal, and I think - hope - Wembley will hurt Spurs enough for us to finish above them.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2017, 10:07:57 am »
We look stronger than Arsenal and Spurs now so top 4 - specifically 4th assuming normal injury luck
We'll need injury luck and concerns about the defence will probably stop us going higher but our front 6 is so good (assuming Phil plays to his level) that if we don't get injuries and focus on the league anything is possible

We'll get out the group in the CL - after that it's totally draw dependent

Really really hope we completely punt the league cup - don't want to see one of our first 15 choice players anywhere near it. It's a destructive competition for our other goals

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2017, 10:16:52 am »
We look stronger than Arsenal and Spurs now so top 4 - specifically 4th assuming normal injury luck
We'll need injury luck and concerns about the defence will probably stop us going higher but our front 6 is so good (assuming Phil plays to his level) that if we don't get injuries and focus on the league anything is possible

We'll get out the group in the CL - after that it's totally draw dependent

Really really hope we completely punt the league cup - don't want to see one of our first 15 choice players anywhere near it. It's a destructive competition for our other goals
We were in great shape last January and then complete lack of activity in the window killed us. If we can get to that point in a similar shape this season, then you'd think Klopp would have learned the lessons of last season and we'll strengthen to help get us over the line. There should be a fair amount of quality available this January too.
League Cup. Play the subs/reserves. Something like:

Karius
Trent - Gomez - Klavan - Robertson
Grujic - Milner - Woodburn
Ox - Studge - Solanke

Maybe not even Oxlade or Sturridge. Although loaning out the likes of Origi, Kent, Ojo really does narrow down the options.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2017, 10:17:36 am »
Top 3 at least like most say does seem like a two division tier of the top 6, after some underwhelming transfer business I would put Spurs,  Chelsea and Arsenal in the bottom tier.  Then it comes down to very fine margins between us, City and Utd.  The best thing is I feel for the  1st time we are setup to compete year in year out, we are signing the right type of players and feel like the most progressive team in the country,  players want to come here over our rivals. How the fuck can anyone not be excited?!!!  ;D

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2017, 10:19:33 am »
Pretty certain of top 4 in my opinion , though injuries at the wrong time to the more influential
personnel could impact on whether we can go further than 4th . I like the look of the squads depth , so I'm pretty optimistic about our chances of decent cup runs in the league and FA Cup ( luck of the draw allowing ). I would love to see us have a good crack at the CL but again, injuries or form will be big players on that. Overall , I'm really looking forward to the season ....that's what I love about Klopps teams , you just know you're going to have some monumental matches and mental moments , but you wouldn't have it any other way :)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2017, 10:23:31 am »
The title !!

Realistically top 4 and an expectation of 2nd or 3rd. I think Spurs and Arsenal, for different reasons, are most likely to miss out on the top 4. I actually think City will struggle a little more than people think. I think Mane is capable of 20+ goals as well. I also think that how well Coutinho performs when he is back in the fold is key. Whatever you think of him he remains probably our best player and is improving every season.

As for winning cups we have a history in one of them that no other team in this country can come close to and I genuinely predict we will get through to the QF as a minimum and after that it really is anyones and there is no reason to think that, on our day, we can beat anyone.

A good run in the other cups, using squad players until the later stages if possible, is always great. I like winning things and I don`t care what, just win.

So overall predictions....(hope these don`t come back to haunt me !)

League 3rd (but within 5-10 points of the top)
European Cup  SF
FA Cup  Win
League Cup  4th Round

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2017, 10:26:24 am »
I love the way that there's a system and a style that Klopp has the team playing in that everyone seems to understand. Watching players being brought in and out of the starting XI in recent times without a noticeable drop in the quality of the side is really encouraging.

As has been stated above, Is bee a lot more confident with a couple more reinforcements, but let's go glass half full with that and look forward to more opportunities for the likes of Gomez and Woodburn.

Top 4 again would be just grand, hopefully reasonably comfortably. CL knockout stages and maybe even a domestic cup. Who knows? Going to be a blast though.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 1, 2017, 10:27:51 am »
Prediction - 2nd

Just feel this might be the season we challenge, when next season when Keita & hopefully additional players will make us Champions.

I think we have the best attack in the league.  City are incredibly strong and some might argue they have it.  But I wouldn't swap Mane or Salah for any of their wide players.  Which is why ours is better for me.

Our midfield looks very strong.  Boosted in creativity with Coutinho playing deeper more and Ox signing.  Should have far more craft to beat those sides that come to Anfield & defend deep ( Man U  ;D ), which was a problem last season.

Our full back positions look strong.  Mignolet for me has improved a lot.  7 clean sheets in our last 9 PL games shows to me our defence isn't as bad as it is suggested at times.  Our defending set plays is a problem, but in open play I feel we defend well on the whole.

It pains me to say it, but although they have a worse attack & midfield than us (in my opinion) - I'm going to tip Man U to win the league.  Defensively they are looking strong and it is not like their attack or midfield are weak, far from it.

Man City / Chelsea & Spurs fight for 3rd - 5th.  Chelsea losing Costa is a downgrade to Morata for me.  Plus Chelsea don't seem a happy camp.  Man City I think will struggle away from home too much, like last season - only just beat Bournemouth in the 97th minute last weekend). Spurs, who have been my tip all summer, I think haven't bought well enough to kick on and that Wembley factor is like having 38 away games this season.

I can see Man U & ourselves having a ding dong of a title battle.  We've got the better attack.  They've got the better defence.  Think that extra defensive toughness might see United over the line.  But if we get some momentum... who knows!       

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #12 on: September 1, 2017, 10:29:05 am »
I feel we do have a good squad now with ability to fight on all fronts (with obvious doubt on CB depth). I think top 3 is pretty much nailed on with an outside chance of going for the league if we get a forward team (maybe using Sturridge and Solake with AOL) that can cope with winning the matches around the CL weeks and win all three games in those weeks.
All assumes PC comes back and gets his arse in gear and we don't hit major injury problems.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 1, 2017, 10:37:20 am »
Expectations:

Top 3 finish.
CL Quarter Finals
85+ League goals
<40 League goals against

Definitely Biased Predictions:

We win one of the PL/CL.
We score over 115 goals in all competitions
Mane & Salah get 19+ league goals each.
Trent is capped by England during the season.
VVD comes in January.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 1, 2017, 10:38:40 am »
For those predicting top 3 or the title ... why will our defence be better than last year? Because if it's we're not getting near the top couple of positions

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #15 on: September 1, 2017, 10:39:43 am »
I think we'll end up anywhere in the top 3 with the two Manc clubs.

I can't help but think that Klopp has bought very specific players to fix last seasons biggest problems, low block teams. I reckon Klopp believes 100% that he's got it right too. With his personality and the confidence he has in his own beliefs, he'll get the whole club, press,pundits and the rest of the premiership thinking the same.

If we get lucky with injuries, I'm confident of a genuine title challenge this season despite the lack of numbers at CB. I also believe we'll end up scaring the living daylights out Europe this season, but fall short at possibly the QF stage to an underdog team.
It's about time we won a cup trophy, but due to the energy levels in our push for the title and the Champions League, we won't get one.

So in short, as good a chance as any to finally brake that Premiership cherry.

We should be very confident of doing something very special next season though.         
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 11:13:28 am by Chrismonster »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 1, 2017, 10:40:30 am »
For those predicting top 3 or the title ... why will our defence be better than last year? Because if it's we're not getting near the top couple of positions

Development on the training pitch. Klavan having time to settle.

I think we can improve on 42 conceded last year, just by Lovren/Matip remaining fit, though that depends on chance, obviously.

+ Migs being better than he was this time last year - in particular aerially from set pieces.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 1, 2017, 10:48:26 am »
Out of interest not sure where to put this.

How many homegrown players do we have now?

In terms of this thread. I truly believe it depends what we do in January. We have to get out the mindset it's a difficult market. Hello!! so is the summer market. If we get a CB there then we can do well this season.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 10:53:28 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 1, 2017, 10:51:52 am »
It might not be better, but our squad is, we wont run out of energy the way we did last year (and be better at defending from the front), so we should improve overall. When it comes to our competition if feel Tottenham will drop off this year. I don't think United are as good as you think either, and they finished below us last year. I was amazed that Chelsea got as many points as they did with their squad (credit to Conte), but I can't see them getting close to 93 points this season. They've stood still at best, and overperformed with their squad last season.

This is obviously rose-tinted, we could have a poor season when nothing work either, but I'd rather have Klopp and this squad than United's and Tottenham's. On the basis of last year I have to put Chelsea ahead of us, even though I don't think they will be as good this time, and City look stronger than us too.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 1, 2017, 10:53:25 am »
Title of course!

Like most clubs if we have a shite season with injuries we'll struggle to better last season.

We need a trophy so we'll have to make do with number 6.

Spurs will likely struggle at Wembley for consistency, Arsenal have Europa and a seemingly toxic dressing room and I'm not convinced Chelsea will be that lucky with injuries and playing Europe.

City, Utd and us have the most potent attack.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2017, 10:53:55 am »

Buying players isn't the only way to improve a team.

I reckon we're making great progress and our team looks seriously exciting. I think a title challenge.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 10:57:43 am by Avens »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2017, 10:54:21 am »
Challenge for top 4.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2017, 10:55:39 am »
I expect a battle for a Top 4 place and hopefully a good run in one of the cups, possibly winning the FA Cup. I will be very surprised if we challenge for the title; far too many question marks about our ability to grind out results over the entire course of a season.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2017, 10:55:50 am »
Because they are getting more coaching time and because we are on 7 out of 9 clean sheets over the past months. Also a fully fit Henderson does protect well as was evidenced against Arsenal.
Goalkeeper seems more settled than last year also IMHO

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2017, 10:56:20 am »
I think we will challenge for the title, if injuries don't fuck us over too bad I think we can win it, otherwise I still back us to make the top 3.

Especially if we can avoid Atletico and Juve in the knockouts, I honestly think we could go on a run in the CL, on our day we can beat anyone.

If we have Manè, Firmino and Salah fit for the run in, its going to be pretty much impossible to stop us tearing teams to shreds.

Final prediction:

2nd in the league, and Hendo holding up #6.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2017, 10:59:51 am »
Re defence and goals against, this is from Who Scored. We're joint 5th, one behind the Champions. period is from 1st Jan 2017 until today. This includes the period where we went to shite in January, but also the point from which Migs reclaimed number one. Also, I'd argue, it's reasonable to base future predictions on the most recent stretch of time, that (to my mind, but happy to be proven wrong) shows the effects of development:

Edit - if someone can point me to instructions to imbedding pics, that'd be awfully nice of ya.

2nd Edit, it's from Squawka, not WhoScored. Trying desperately to see our place in the set piece goals against, since January 1st again.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 11:06:52 am by wige »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2017, 11:00:47 am »
In the league, all I expect is for us to get more points than we did last season, which I think should be a yearly aim and if it is achieved will eventually win us the title. Should be easy this year as we have a better starting line up, a better squad, a manager who has gained more premier league experience and a star player who won't be missing for a month at the AfCON.

I really think we will go far in the Champions League. Our side is setup to destroy the better teams so I think it'll suit us. The further we go the better we'll play. I'd fancy us over two legs against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich etc.

Would be nice to have a cup run but will easily be forgotten if not. 

Well firstly our defence is better and has more depth than last season with the introduction of Robertson, TAA, Moreno and Gomez.

Secondly, our defence doesn't need to be better. The amount of points we got last season would normally be good enough for a Top 3 finish as it was really an anomaly for all the big clubs to get so many points. That is unlikely to be repeated, as evidenced by Arsenal's and Tottenham's early struggles. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline wolfie08

• Boys Pen
  • Row 3 Block 106 Kop
« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2017, 11:01:25 am »
Love a European Cup run, domestic trophy and another champs league qualification. Very most we can ask for after not buying a centre half.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 1, 2017, 11:06:49 am »
I don't think we'll challenge for the title this season personally, but you never know. We should have enough to finish top four though and there is absolutely no excuse for us not to win a trophy. We should qualify from the group stages of the CL as well.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline LondonLFCFan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: September 1, 2017, 11:09:22 am »
No more draws.
Won't lose a game.
We will win every game we play in..... longest winning streak ever.
Win every trophy we are competing in.

Anyone else feel this way ?

8)
We are in good hands now under Klopp and FSG. Fantastic time as LFC supporter. Exciting times !

We will never forget you Mr Rafa Benitez for what you have done for us. Thank you.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256378.msg6822596#msg6822596

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293625.msg10340260#msg1034

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: September 1, 2017, 11:12:24 am »
Top 3 in the league, win at least one trophy and a strong showing in the Champions League.

I don't think a title challenge is beyond us, think it will be between us and the two Manchester clubs in that regard.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 1, 2017, 11:14:46 am »
In the league, all I expect is for us to get more points than we did last season, which I think should be a yearly aim and if it is achieved will eventually win us the title. Should be easy this year as we have a better starting line up, a better squad, a manager who has gained more premier league experience and a star player who won't be missing for a month at the AfCON.

I really think we will go far in the Champions League. Our side is setup to destroy the better teams so I think it'll suit us. The further we go the better we'll play. I'd fancy us over two legs against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich etc.

Well firstly our defence is better and has more depth than last season with the introduction of Robertson, TAA, Moreno and Gomez.

Secondly, our defence doesn't need to be better. The amount of points we got last season would normally be good enough for a Top 3 finish as it was really an anomaly for all the big clubs to get so many points. That is unlikely to be repeated, as evidenced by Arsenal's and Tottenham's early struggles.

Didn't know we couldn't play him last season what was the issue?

Secondly the defence doesn't need to be better! a joke surely? Unbelievable. Even the most positive fan must appreciate it needs to improve?
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 11:17:36 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Roger Federer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 1, 2017, 11:16:00 am »
Re defence and goals against, this is from Who Scored. We're joint 5th, one behind the Champions. period is from 1st Jan 2017 until today. This includes the period where we went to shite in January, but also the point from which Migs reclaimed number one. Also, I'd argue, it's reasonable to base future predictions on the most recent stretch of time, that (to my mind, but happy to be proven wrong) shows the effects of development:

Not sure what to make of that. We conceded 42 goals over the season, that says 21 in the last half (depending on how many games we played from Jan 1st), so it's the same number for the first and second halves, isn't it?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 1, 2017, 11:16:01 am »
We should be challenging for the title and I think we will. If not then questions need to be asked of the people in charge at the club.

Expect us to get out of the CL group and see what the draw brings.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 1, 2017, 11:16:33 am »
No more draws.
Won't lose a game.
We will win every game we play in..... longest winning streak ever.
Win every trophy we are competing in.

Anyone else feel this way ?

8)
Yeah, me too mate. The quest for pentuple is on.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 1, 2017, 11:18:16 am »
One other related point. If you see PC's goal for Brazil last night it features that dink ball that we saw 2-3 times in pre-season from him and have seen others use this season already. I am pretty sure this will be a regualr part of our attacking plan against low block teams and him and Henderson are the best at it and Can was trying it last weekend.
It could be worth a good few points over the season and help us get into real contention for the league.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2017, 11:22:56 am »
I'm liking the confidence in here, though I'm not sure I necessarily share it. We certainly could challenge for the title, but I think we'd have to be very lucky with injuries, and hope that things go well for us elsewhere. We've got a stunning attack and, provided we defend better as a team and Coutinho knuckles down and stops dreaming of Gaudi and tapas, anything's possible.

Ultimately though, I think we'll fall short of the very highest echelons of the league. I think I put 3rd or 4th in the preseason round table, and I'm going to stick with that. We're a very good team in full flow, particularly in an attacking sense, but I just think the lack of a truly top quality aerially dominant centre half will see us drop a few silly points over the  ourselves of the season. I'd be quite happy with anywhere in the top four mind, as I think it's going to be very competitive this year, even with most of our rivals missing out on key signings in similar ways to us.

Regarding the cups, I've no idea. Any silverware would be fantastic, of course it would, but I hope we concentrate on the league as that's the most important competition for our continued development. Becoming a team that gets into the top four consistently, and is perceived as getting into the top four consistently, is crucial, not only for player recruitment but also for keeping the stars that we are creating. The draw for the group stage was very kind to us, so hopefully we get into the knockout stages at least but after that, it is quite literally a case of luck of the draw. I can see us us getting to the final or getting knocked out in the first round. Either way I'm not hugely bothered, it's just nice to be back with the big boys.

So yeah, 3rd or 4th in the league, anything else is a bonus. Whatever happens we'll be seeing some of the best attacking football played anywhere on earth and I find it hard to be upset with that.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #37 on: September 1, 2017, 11:23:06 am »
It all comes down to one question...........Can we smash the bus??? Yes = title challenging season & No = Top 4 trophy and a cup winning season

I am very optimistic and think we are going to win it this season.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 1, 2017, 11:24:27 am »

"our defence doesn't need to be better" is quite the claim... not sure I can roll with you on that one.

Our back four and goal keeper as a unit have a very mid table feel about them which is pretty much backed up by our numbers. We're not a bad team defensively - in fact we're excellent at shot prevention. But when teams get beyond our midfield they find it easy to score against us. We concede an alarming amount of clear cut chances for a team as good as we are

Pre season optimism is great but it won't magically cure the biggest weaknesses in the squad.
Our front 6 is good enough to win the league if it stays fit. Pretty had to make that statement about our back 5

Should be an entertaining season!!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 1, 2017, 11:27:38 am »
Top 4, Semi's in CL and a League Cup win.