Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1766163 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #9080 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:33 pm »
On the youth game today

haha missed this be sound that if people weren't still trying to get in at half past 3. Played well.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9081 on: January 21, 2018, 09:05:17 pm »
If you don't buy into the culture of Liverpool as a city and a club then people will question what the fuck are you doing there.

How do you know these people are representative of the culture of Liverpool? What is the culture you're referencing? The twats me and others are talking about have created their own sub culture which is largely divisive. Gobshites need to grow up.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #9082 on: January 21, 2018, 09:27:34 pm »
Yeah but who appointed you as the arbitrator of who 'buys in to the culture of Liverpool, as a city" and who doesn't ? Let me give you an example. Last year I took a Malaysian guy to Anfield for his first ever game after thirty years of being a fan. He told me on the train up from London that when he was a kid him and his dad used to walk about 2 miles through the jungle to the next village late at night to watch us on MOTD in a bar because they were too poor to buy a telly. Going to the ground was almost a religious experience for him. He wore a knock off replica shirt, he bought 5 programmes to take back home and he belted out every song at top volume. He was on the verge of buying  half and half outside until I stopped him.

Now he knows fuck all about "Liverpool as a city", he comes from Malaysia so about as much as an OOT as you and he filmed the players warming up on his I phone. All not very acceptable to the North face clad self appointed guardians of the Liverpool culture but in my mind more of a fan than a lot of the moany fuckers on here will ever be.

Nobody appointed me nor did I say I was I said there's a culture. If I went to Malaysian I would take in their culture but this debate isn't for once in a lifetime moments its for people who go to the game regular. Someone who's on a one off trip is not going to improve the atmosphere at Anfield or help solve the problems we have with it they are their to enjoy their experience and there's no problem with that.

Why did you stop him buying a half and half scarf if that's what he wanted to do?

It was the Man Utd game. Couldn't let him go on the Kop wearing a half n half for that. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9083 on: January 24, 2018, 11:35:00 pm »
I thought this was interesting - part of a story in the FT about Vincent Kompany getting his MBA after 5 years study.

Hid final dissertation:  He examined the link between home form and the atmosphere in a stadium. He asked top players around Europe at which grounds they performed well as home players and which intimidated them as away players. The same venues came up time and again for a good atmosphere, including Dortmund, home to Europe’s tallest football terrace, and Celtic Park in Glasgow. He says these clubs had cheaper tickets and a close relationship with their city and the fans. Few were in the Premier League, he notes

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/f658afb2-f7cc-11e7-a4c9-bbdefa4f210b

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9084 on: January 25, 2018, 12:08:37 am »
It was the Man Utd game. Couldn't let him go on the Kop wearing a half n half for that. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Fuck.  Me.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9085 on: January 25, 2018, 04:51:47 pm »
TAW podcast about this today

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #9086 on: January 28, 2018, 12:06:22 am »
The amount of people leaving on 80-85 was ridiculous. Must have been the VAR delays. Also a number of ‘fans’ arriving 10-15 mins after kick off. What is wrong with these people.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9087 on: January 28, 2018, 01:02:02 am »
To anyone who was at Anfield: was there booing at half-time? The commentator on the stream I was watching was adamant there was, but I couldn't really hear well enough to judge. Very uncharacteristic, if true.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9088 on: January 28, 2018, 01:11:33 am »
To anyone who was at Anfield: was there booing at half-time? The commentator on the stream I was watching was adamant there was, but I couldn't really hear well enough to judge. Very uncharacteristic, if true.

There was, sadly,

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #9089 on: January 28, 2018, 01:21:05 am »
There was, sadly,

I don’t ever agree with booing the team, but if there was ever a half of football to test that stance it’s one where you concede 3 at home to West Brom while playing a full strength side  ;D
Justice for the 97

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #9090 on: January 28, 2018, 01:22:20 am »
I was in Poland recently and stayed at a lads from Szezcin. He loves the Polish Ultras and Liverpool. Anyway he is a sailor and comes to Liverpool a lot. Iam sorting him a ticket for when he is next here.  I will take him the match and may go in myself if it's the Porto game and I think it is. If any beaut has a go at him they will be getting told to fuck off.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9091 on: January 28, 2018, 01:24:35 am »
Sad to hear there was booing. That’s not on.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9092 on: January 28, 2018, 01:39:45 am »

I was in the upper centenary and yes the was plenty of booing I looked around in amazement. Mate said they could of been booing because of the VAR but I think the c*nts was booing the team. Not my cup of tea I was the only one in a track suit and stuck out like a fkn sore thumb amongst the upper crusts of society in the paisley lounge eating there cheese and crackers while sipping wine  ;D

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #9093 on: January 28, 2018, 02:29:36 am »
Loads of booing on the KOP tonight. Definitely wasn't aimed at VAR.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #9094 on: January 28, 2018, 02:38:15 am »

Whereabouts where you? I was in 304 and definitely couldn’t hear any at half-time. Think a handful to my right tried to at full time, but definitely nothing widespread.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #9095 on: January 28, 2018, 03:20:21 am »
Whereabouts where you? I was in 304 and definitely couldn’t hear any at half-time. Think a handful to my right tried to at full time, but definitely nothing widespread.

From the telly, it sounded like lower main stand, the old paddock areas near the tunnel, telly cut to show the crowd all standing there gobbing off  ;D

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9096 on: January 28, 2018, 07:18:17 am »

was in 203 and their was definitely booing in the Kop.

Also what the fuck was the singing V A R, that was embarrassing....

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9097 on: January 28, 2018, 08:46:48 am »
Yep, it wasn't coming from the Kenny stand, it was the Kop or MS. HT and FT - Fucking atrocious.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #9098 on: January 28, 2018, 09:24:51 am »
I heard the boos and I was in 205.....no need for it really.

The atmosphere was poor once we went 3-1 down, any belief of a comeback went out the window for most. Just happy it was the FA cup and not the CL

Loved singing the Mo Salah song, it’s quality! Far better than that spin off of Manes!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9099 on: January 28, 2018, 09:31:54 am »
Boos everywhere I thought. I was in lower Annie

It was a strange atmosphere- thought it was going to be great but soon went flat after WBA were made to look like Brazil

Salah song - sensational

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #9100 on: January 28, 2018, 09:33:51 am »
I heard the boos and I was in 205.....no need for it really.

The atmosphere was poor once we went 3-1 down, any belief of a comeback went out the window for most. Just happy it was the FA cup and not the CL

Loved singing the Mo Salah song, it’s quality! Far better than that spin off of Manes!

Was in 208 and there was definitely booing.

Fucking whoppers.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #9101 on: January 28, 2018, 09:58:43 am »

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9102 on: January 28, 2018, 10:20:56 am »

I was in 106 and yes, there was. A number looking around in disbelief as well, mind.

It was a strange contradiction, because I thought we rallied at times and got behind the team, but the booing was embarrassing and absolutely not what we should be doing. Not in my opinion at least. It helps no one.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9103 on: January 28, 2018, 10:22:18 am »
Anyone who boos is a fucking c*nt and should be lifted out of the ground. Don't care what you paid. Twats

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9104 on: January 28, 2018, 10:26:13 am »
Booing is happening at Anfield more and more sadly. I remember being there the day Rafa's team went into first place, and still some idiots decided to boo. I really don't get what they think it achieves, it only helps the opposition.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9105 on: January 28, 2018, 10:28:15 am »
Booing is happening at Anfield more and more sadly. I remember being there the day Rafa's team went into first place, and still some idiots decided to boo. I really don't get what they think it achieves, it only helps the opposition.

I wouldn’t say it’s happening more and more, can’t remember the last time I heard it (beyond maybe the odd knob) other than last night. Certainly not recently, including in the final stages of Rodgers time as manager.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9106 on: January 28, 2018, 10:28:16 am »
The Kop has been the worst stand for quite a whille now. The Dalglish Stand and the Annie Road outsing them every game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9107 on: January 28, 2018, 10:29:54 am »
I wouldn’t say it’s happening more and more, can’t remember the last time I heard it (beyond maybe the odd knob) other than last night. Certainly not recently, including in the final stages of Rodgers time as manager.

I remember it happening during Rafa's time, not always loud and sometimes only a few, but a section all the same.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9108 on: January 28, 2018, 10:30:54 am »
I remember it happening during Rafa's time, not always loud and sometimes only a few, but a section all the same.

That was nearly 8 years ago now though, not sure we can class that as happening more and more  ;D

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #9109 on: January 28, 2018, 10:50:36 am »
There was plenty of Booing in U3

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9110 on: January 28, 2018, 11:09:11 am »
Was at the game and its clear their is so much inner rage right now -  probably because we sold our best player and still have the same old faces doing the same old shot.  I Don't think its directed at Klopp.

Speaking to a few lads next to me, its clear people are turning on the owners. Still fucking silly to Boo, I fucking hate booing. Its never been a liverpool thing and It should never be seen as acceptable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:10:44 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9111 on: January 28, 2018, 12:21:13 pm »
Yes everywhere at 1/2 time I think but didn't hear any o the Kop at full time.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #9112 on: January 28, 2018, 01:03:44 pm »
The frustration right now is understandable. We had momentum, the crowd had belief after the VVD signing. We sell our best player, seem to have no intention to replace him, lose two games in a row against bottom of the league teams. Realistically no trophy again this season. If the club cares about an atmosphere, don`t make it so damn difficult to believe in this project. And I don`t mean Klopp. I mean one trophy in 8 seasons under FSG, who keeps selling all our best players. Who goes on to better things by the way. I see no clear evidence that they really have a huge desire for us to win anything. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:06:09 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #9113 on: January 28, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »
Was at the game and its clear their is so much inner rage right now -  probably because we sold our best player and still have the same old faces doing the same old shot.  I Don't think its directed at Klopp.

Speaking to a few lads next to me, its clear people are turning on the owners. Still fucking silly to Boo, I fucking hate booing. Its never been a liverpool thing and It should never be seen as acceptable.

Think this is a real problem. Think it's a rage that's built up for a long time. All the years of underachievement and poor management. Now it's like a volcano that's about to erupt. It makes people irrationally impatient. And the talented people we have in management now, the exciting team that is in the process of being built, gets undeserved little time to develop.

We all need to address this. Because the pressure we put on ourselves, the team and the management make the working conditions unbearable. It prevents us from being successful

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9114 on: January 28, 2018, 01:18:46 pm »
From 305 could hear booing at HT but didn't hear any at FT...probably the ones that boo had already left...

Mo Salah song was brilliant after he scored, it really built momentum and volume for a few minutes.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9115 on: January 28, 2018, 01:38:14 pm »
Think this is a real problem. Think it's a rage that's built up for a long time. All the years of underachievement and poor management. Now it's like a volcano that's about to erupt. It makes people irrationally impatient. And the talented people we have in management now, the exciting team that is in the process of being built, gets undeserved little time to develop.

We all need to address this. Because the pressure we put on ourselves, the team and the management make the working conditions unbearable. It prevents us from being successful

Both of you’s are spot on

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9116 on: January 28, 2018, 01:41:18 pm »

Excellent post that.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9117 on: January 28, 2018, 01:52:49 pm »
You pay all that money and end up seeing a performance that bad then you're free to boo imo. FSG - and they are far from alone - want customers not supporters, and this is the result. It's been done to death on this and loads of other threads. It's hard to get worked up about it now.

It's not. Not if you still view yourself as a supporter, not a customer, and view yourself as an active participant in proceedings. Which personally, I do, and believe that we are.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9118 on: January 28, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
I remember being there the day Rafa's team went into first place, and still some idiots decided to boo. I really don't get what they think it achieves, it only helps the opposition.
We drew 0-0 with West Ham to go top temporarily and because it was a dire game of football the crowd expressed their dissatisfaction. It wasn't pleasant. Like when they booed Lucas.

When the boo's reverberated across the ground yesterday I said 'yus can all fuck off doing that' and the bloke by me said 'yep, we're not fucking Everton, twats'.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #9119 on: January 28, 2018, 05:29:23 pm »
Yes everywhere at 1/2 time I think but didn't hear any o the Kop at full time.

A lot had fucked off before the final whistle. Two rows in front of me in 208 were near empty.

Then the bloke behind me says to his mate "do you fancy leaving now" to which his mate replied "it's a hard one, isn't it?"

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.