Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760480 times)

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #8920 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:18 pm »
The thing is though he doesn't like people singing about him, because for him its all about the players. That is why his attitude is when the team do something good its due to the players, when something bad happens its down to him. I think the point being the players have to do it, so he wishes the crowd to get behind them, and not him, until after full time maybe.

Less arsed about the stuff with his name, still remember him having a go at the crowd in Basel whilst they danced through the middle of our side. Maybe should've just quoted the bit about focusing on managing the game.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8921 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:57 pm »
The ‘fans’ should get off the players backs whenever they think they’ve done something wrong then. It doesn’t help one fucking bit and Klopp knows it.

Come on mate fans wants to boooo and get on the players back and not be told they're acting like assholes. Klopp should respect that.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #8922 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:57 pm »
Come on mate fans wants to boooo and get on the players back and not be told they're acting like assholes. Klopp should respect that.

Totally agree.  I fail to see why fans should sit like dumb bovines and meekly accept poor play.  If players don't want to be booed then they would be well advised not to play like shite. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #8923 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:38 pm »
Totally agree.  I fail to see why fans should sit like dumb bovines and meekly accept poor play.  If players don't want to be booed then they would be well advised not to play like shite.

The choir of boos won't miraculously improve their performance. If anything all it does is hinder their mental state and increases their tendency to not give a f*ck.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8924 on: November 27, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »
This is a real tough one because obviously groans and worse from the crowd will do more harm than good. On the other hand...

When we have the twin issues of sky high prices and players wages, I can't really blame people for being pissed off. Especially at players that have continually made game changing errors, but continue to get pay rises and / or contract extensions.

My admittedly simplistic view is that Liverpool pay high wages and always have done. Not necessarily the highest but higher than mid table clubs. Part of what is priced into those higher wages is the expectation that players have the mentality to play for a big club and can cope with the pressure that goes with it which includes playing in big games and more competitions. Playing 50 - 60 games, some with big stakes rather than playing 38 league games plus a couple in the domestic cups. Even in the recent past we've had players that have thrived in big games, evidenced by our record in finals and shoot outs. More recently we have turned into nearly men. Losing finals, shoot outs, leagues, leads. In fact any time there's pressure there's a chance of a Liverpool collapse and I think the lack of accountability that we've seen links to the frustration shown by the crowd at times.

If players, and staff aren't mentally capable of playing/ operating at the level we aspire to be at then they shouldn't be here. When we start to recruit better and mentally stronger players and get rid of the mediocre mentality that has been part of the club for the last few years, we may see less frustration from the terraces.

Offline accyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8925 on: November 27, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »
It was alright, nothing special. Had a bunch of cockney lads sat behind me moaning all game, didn’t sing once and constantly calling our lot every name you can imagine. One of em was a Chelsea fan aswel, no one around me seemed bothered though.

was in U9 main stand, a chelsea fan stood up and clapped when they equalised nobody seemed arsed.. quite a decent atmosphere up in that corner
In sunny Spain , we won it six times  🇪🇸

Offline accyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8926 on: November 27, 2017, 07:35:16 pm »
had issues just before KO sorted a couple of mates out with spares and they got "IDd" for a random check, cards confiscated, they was allowed to stay in the game but not an ideal situation
In sunny Spain , we won it six times  🇪🇸

Offline BarryH28

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8927 on: November 27, 2017, 07:46:39 pm »
Was decent I thought. In 129 and wasn’t a bad crowd, campione and the Luis Garcia song even got going. Kop sounded good in the 2nd half I thought too. Wasnt bad at all. Even enjoyed Southampton in 124 near the away fans last weekend as well. Only shite bit was when the stewards were yelling at the back row to sit down  :duh

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8928 on: November 27, 2017, 10:18:05 pm »
This is a real tough one because obviously groans and worse from the crowd will do more harm than good. On the other hand...

When we have the twin issues of sky high prices and players wages, I can't really blame people for being pissed off. Especially at players that have continually made game changing errors, but continue to get pay rises and / or contract extensions.

My admittedly simplistic view is that Liverpool pay high wages and always have done. Not necessarily the highest but higher than mid table clubs. Part of what is priced into those higher wages is the expectation that players have the mentality to play for a big club and can cope with the pressure that goes with it which includes playing in big games and more competitions. Playing 50 - 60 games, some with big stakes rather than playing 38 league games plus a couple in the domestic cups. Even in the recent past we've had players that have thrived in big games, evidenced by our record in finals and shoot outs. More recently we have turned into nearly men. Losing finals, shoot outs, leagues, leads. In fact any time there's pressure there's a chance of a Liverpool collapse and I think the lack of accountability that we've seen links to the frustration shown by the crowd at times.

If players, and staff aren't mentally capable of playing/ operating at the level we aspire to be at then they shouldn't be here. When we start to recruit better and mentally stronger players and get rid of the mediocre mentality that has been part of the club for the last few years, we may see less frustration from the terraces.
This is bang on. Still don’t agree with the boos, but the lack of capability under pressure hasbeen an issue since Rafa went, collapsed in all the big games: Chelsea, Palace, Basel, LC final & Seville the other night etc etc. The players don’t have the right mentality for these games- doesn’t matter how good Coutinho is, in the big games you need a player like Kuyt who thrived even though he wasn’t the best.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #8929 on: November 27, 2017, 11:36:58 pm »

You should blame people if prices and player wages piss them off to such a degree they start to boo and groan. They make the team perform worse. You get less value for your hard earned money. You really should blame them.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8930 on: November 28, 2017, 01:32:31 pm »
The ‘fans’ should get off the players backs whenever they think they’ve done something wrong then. It doesn’t help one fucking bit and Klopp knows it.

Spot on, and the use of the word "berating" is hyperbole.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8931 on: November 28, 2017, 02:41:03 pm »

If you are booing the players you are part of the problem.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #8932 on: November 28, 2017, 02:59:32 pm »
If you are booing the players you are part of the problem.

If that's to me personally, I've never booed a player in my life.  but I cannot see that players should be exempt from the expression of deserved criticism.  In any other job a poor performance usually earns a bollicking, and any claim that this would hinder a person's mental state and result in poor performance would be greeted with derision.  So why should adult football players be treated like delicate hothouse flowers who are likely to be mentally scarred for life at the slightest mention of the fact that they demonstrably played like shite?  Have a read of the Arl Arse thread where a poster refers to the "Manliness" of past players.  It seems to me that the present batch should indeed man up and attempt to grow a pair.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8933 on: November 28, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
Booing is certainly not the solution, turning on the players is really just a pointless excercise when we should be getting behind the team. Chelsea atmosphere seemed alright in the Kop feel half the ground on know the most generic lyrics. Nobody in my area joined in with the Luis Garcia song or any other non generic tune

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8934 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:00 pm »
Also noticing how flat the road end is becoming

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #8935 on: November 28, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »

Good post mate. If the players don't like it, then they shouldn't be here. They can go to some no mark side and play for less money with less expectation and pressure

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8936 on: November 28, 2017, 04:54:32 pm »
Booing is certainly not the solution, turning on the players is really just a pointless excercise when we should be getting behind the team. Chelsea atmosphere seemed alright in the Kop feel half the ground on know the most generic lyrics. Nobody in my area joined in with the Luis Garcia song or any other non generic tune

I have no idea why we still sing that - they won the Champions League seven years more recently than us.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #8937 on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:42 pm »
I have no idea why we still sing that - they won the Champions League seven years more recently than us.

It's a classic and Luis was a 5'7 gem.

Also we sing Campione.. And rightly so.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #8938 on: November 28, 2017, 05:57:57 pm »
On that basis we should never sing a song about any former player then. Garcia song gets sung a lot but primarily for Chelsea due to his CL and FA Cup goals.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8939 on: November 28, 2017, 05:59:28 pm »
On that basis we should never sing a song about any former player then. Garcia song gets sung a lot but primarily for Chelsea due to his CL and FA Cup goals.

It should also be sung when we're playing United too, just to annoy Mourinho and remind him of that glorious goal.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8940 on: November 28, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
Anyone who's familiar with my posts knows I'm far from the most optimistic of fans. I've always defended the right to be pessimistic on a forum such as this because it has literally no bearing on matches, it's an outlet for justified frustration. On the contrary, vocal support during matches does make a difference. I'd like to know the thought processes behind someone booing a player for playing badly. Do you really think doing so will give them a lift of confidence? What's more imagine how nice it must sound to the opposition.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8941 on: December 10, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »
First for me today - seeing a couple of chaps arrive 30 mins late then proceeding to Facetime practically the whole game, from then on in, to their brother or mate...

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #8942 on: December 10, 2017, 08:43:24 pm »
First for me today - seeing a couple of chaps arrive 30 mins late then proceeding to Facetime practically the whole game, from then on in, to their brother or mate...

Think I can beat that - guy sat next to me (wearing a half and half, naturally)... spends the first ten minutes filming everything on his phone: the game, the fans around him, even the tv cameraman on the sideline... then stands up, squeezes past me out of the row, never to be seen again.

Some real strange characters attend our games!

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #8943 on: December 10, 2017, 10:54:44 pm »
Think I can beat that - guy sat next to me (wearing a half and half, naturally)... spends the first ten minutes filming everything on his phone: the game, the fans around him, even the tv cameraman on the sideline... then stands up, squeezes past me out of the row, never to be seen again.

Some real strange characters attend our games!

Hahaha that is odd
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8944 on: December 10, 2017, 11:14:23 pm »
305 was disjointed and just lack the oompf.

On a brighter note I only saw 3 x half & halfs in 305
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8945 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:00 am »
There's no way anybody can understand the importance of winning a derby if they've never lived there.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8946 on: December 11, 2017, 06:25:19 pm »
There's no way anybody can understand the importance of winning a derby if they've never lived there.

I disagree.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #8947 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »
New one for me yesterday after forgetting the sale for 4+ I had to settle for the dreaded servely restricted view in 129 AL and to be fair after getting in the right position view wasn't that bad. Bad but bearable for anyone that has them for the rest of the season but I am only 5ft 6 [emoji23]. A few of us trying to get it going in there but travels fucking nowhere. Atmosphere seemed alright, heard nowt from the shite considering we were in the same stand as them. But had a fucking tit behind us though on back row throwing fucking cheese on us from his 4 rollover hotdogs [emoji38][emoji38]

Offline MiraclesArePossible

• Boys Pen
« Reply #8948 on: December 11, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »

On a brighter note I only saw 3 x half & halfs in 305

One of them next to me, just my luck eh  :P

Thought it was good until ref fucked us over. Massive difference standing in the 300s compared to the front of the kop, I'm normally in 106/107 and the atmosphere is mostly dire down there. Felt like a proper away when the goal went in as ended up in the row in front ;D

You'd think cup game should be better with it being Friday night & better conditions, fingers crossed.

Offline BarryH28

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8949 on: December 11, 2017, 08:11:12 pm »
New one for me yesterday after forgetting the sale for 4+ I had to settle for the dreaded servely restricted view in 129 AL and to be fair after getting in the right position view wasn't that bad. Bad but bearable for anyone that has them for the rest of the season but I am only 5ft 6 [emoji23]. A few of us trying to get it going in there but travels fucking nowhere. Atmosphere seemed alright, heard nowt from the shite considering we were in the same stand as them. But had a fucking tit behind us though on back row throwing fucking cheese on us from his 4 rollover hotdogs [emoji38][emoji38]

Sorry, I'm a messy eater  ;D
Seriously hate those seats, was back row there for Swansea last january. Bad view anyway I thought but I also had some giant eastern european blokes in front of me so that probably didn't help  :butt. Was decent for most of yesterday as it normally is for a derby. Didn't hear them until they went mad for that corner...
Wish the Kop would stand for every league game!

Online PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #8950 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »

Sorry, I'm a messy eater  ;D
Seriously hate those seats, was back row there for Swansea last january. Bad view anyway I thought but I also had some giant eastern european blokes in front of me so that probably didn't help  :butt. Was decent for most of yesterday as it normally is for a derby. Didn't hear them until they went mad for that corner...
Wish the Kop would stand for every league game!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8951 on: December 11, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »
Loved the new documentary on LFCTV - Liverpool's Sound: Kop chants and their origins....terrifically made film, great clips and knowledgeable talking heads explain the history behind our legendary songbook and traces the culture of the Kop from the 60's through to the Rafa years (lets be honest, there's not been a lot to sing about since).....slightly bittersweet these days to see the Kop in its Scouse/inventive/humorous prime..but essential viewing for every LFC fan

Just a heads up that LFCTV is free this week so a good opportunity to catch the documentary mentioned above ...well worth it, its a corker..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8952 on: December 11, 2017, 11:46:21 pm »
Just a heads up that LFCTV is free this week so a good opportunity to catch the documentary mentioned above ...well worth it, its a corker..

I second that, fantastic documentary
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8953 on: December 12, 2017, 06:00:14 am »

Watched it before the derby, a definite must watch.

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8954 on: December 15, 2017, 11:46:36 pm »
Season ticket brochure from one of the best Swedish teams

* Premium Seats - Half way line; padded seats - most expensive
* Main Stand non-premium; seated areas
* Standing & disabled; 120 pounds for the season
* Action Stand - Standing and tifo centre: people are expected to sing and join in; suggested age minimum 15 years
* Action seated - the game and the emotions decide whether you seat and stand; 18 years or older; bars/lounge access
* Young fellows; 9-15 year olds can go on their own, but club stewards look after them
* Family section; 200 pounds for season ticket adults; 50 pounds for kids; family atmosphere with leo the lion etc

That's the way to go; but less money of course
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8955 on: December 16, 2017, 12:29:38 pm »
Why were the crowd absolutely screaming at Karius the other night every time he got the ball, was almost like they wanted him to shoot! Give the lad a second ffs

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8956 on: December 16, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »
Why were the crowd absolutely screaming at Karius the other night every time he got the ball, was almost like they wanted him to shoot! Give the lad a second ffs

Mark Lawrenson was the co-commentator the other night, and he was saying the same. His point was players were not making themselves available for a quick pass, so what did the crowd expect Karius to do? Boot it out quickly for it to come back to him straight away. Some players do seem to get targeted a bit, I notice that with Henderson too. The moment he gets hold of the ball, you can hear people moaning at them. That is never going to get the best out of them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #8957 on: December 16, 2017, 03:55:10 pm »
Mark Lawrenson was the co-commentator the other night, and he was saying the same. His point was players were not making themselves available for a quick pass, so what did the crowd expect Karius to do? Boot it out quickly for it to come back to him straight away. Some players do seem to get targeted a bit, I notice that with Henderson too. The moment he gets hold of the ball, you can hear people moaning at them. That is never going to get the best out of them.

Agree it was over the top. The only time I shouted at him was to punt the ball towards the WBA goal as Foster was still by the halfway line having taken a free kick and there wasn't a soul near the goal mouth! It just seemed to be the obvious choice but Karious seemed oblivious to the situation.....and then rolled the ball out to the edge of the area where our players were quickly closed down.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #8958 on: December 17, 2017, 11:53:02 am »

It was absolutely ridiculous. West Brom were very well organised and marked our front four out of the game at these junctures. Karius had no outlet whatsoever.

On the other hand, Coutinho failed on numerous occasion to find Mane who was free as a bird at various stages throughout the first half. Not a grumble parted from the Anfield faithful. Go figure.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8959 on: December 17, 2017, 12:31:46 pm »
Same thing always happens with Migs.