Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923987 times)

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #8920 on: April 25, 2018, 05:27:44 pm »
Not disagreeing with you mate but it says a lot when we believe an ITK off twitter ahead of an actual journalist for one of the biggest newspapers in the country that, you would hope at least, can verify his information before running stories like that.
True. However, AnfieldExpress guy does say 'up to 9 months' so both of them could be correct really. You'd think with an ACL he'd miss the first couple of months though.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8921 on: April 25, 2018, 05:30:43 pm »
True. However, AnfieldExpress guy does say 'up to 9 months' so both of them could be correct really. You'd think with an ACL he'd miss the first couple of months though.
Really don't want it to be an ACL. No matter what time from you put on it, the tendency for players to come back and reinjure, or look hugely off the pace compared to their former selves is worrying. I'd rather it is any other knee injury or even a broken leg.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8922 on: April 25, 2018, 05:31:30 pm »
The mirror saying Chamberlin should be fine for the start of next season but will miss the World Cup.  Not quite as bad as first feared.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-expected-fit-12425927

Never heard of the journalist so a pinch of salt

A shame for him missing out on the World Cup but this would be good news for us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8923 on: April 25, 2018, 05:36:42 pm »
Really don't want it to be an ACL. No matter what time from you put on it, the tendency for players to come back and reinjure, or look hugely off the pace compared to their former selves is worrying. I'd rather it is any other knee injury or even a broken leg.

Just shows how well Joe Gomez has done really considering he got an ACL.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8924 on: April 25, 2018, 05:37:00 pm »
Yep, especially the type of player he is too. Struggle to think of a player of his type that came back and maintained their previous standard. Michael Owen is the poster boy for how damaging it can be to an 'explosive' player.

Fingers crossed for good news.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8925 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41:24 pm »
Especially when you consider that he'll rejoin the team mid-season. You look at lallana and even when he was playing, he didn't look anywhere near his real self...the missing of pre-season is difficult. Age is heavily on his side though.

Could really do with some out of the blue Emre good news within the next 3 weeks.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8926 on: April 25, 2018, 05:51:04 pm »
Especially when you consider that he'll rejoin the team mid-season. You look at lallana and even when he was playing, he didn't look anywhere near his real self...the missing of pre-season is difficult. Age is heavily on his side though.

Could really do with some out of the blue Emre good news within the next 3 weeks.
yep, if it's an ACL you might as well write him off for next season, With Klopp football it takes players to be at their physical best to fit into the team.  It would take ox a good 9 months just to get back into training, never mind full steam heavy metal football fitness ready.

The average return time is  12.2 months after surgery, 9 months is very very optimistic. Good thing is he is young and time is on his side to recover.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #8927 on: April 25, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »
Some are saying that he will be fit for the start of next season!!!  I can't believe he will be out for 9 months, bullocks imo...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8928 on: April 25, 2018, 05:53:57 pm »
yep, if it's an ACL you might as well write him off for next season, With Klopp football it takes players to be at their physical best to fit into the team.  It would take ox a good 9 months just to get back into training, never mind full steam heavy metal football fitness ready.

The average return time is  12.2 months after surgery, 9 months is very very optimistic. Good thing is he is young and time is on his side to recover.

Hope you are wrong mate  :-\
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8929 on: April 25, 2018, 05:56:10 pm »
Not disagreeing with you mate but it says a lot when we believe an ITK off twitter ahead of an actual journalist for one of the biggest newspapers in the country that, you would hope at least, can verify his information before running stories like that.

Either depends on the veracity of the source. The Mirror very famously falsified very serious Front page stories, so it might very well be that in this case the maligned "ITK" has the story.

I just hope it is not as bad as feared, poor guy.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #8930 on: April 25, 2018, 05:57:52 pm »
Poor Ox if that is true. Lad been amazing on and off the field.

But that leaves us with Henderson, Milner, Gini and Keita for next year with Lallana on the fringes.

It looked bad judging by his reaction.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8931 on: April 25, 2018, 06:08:01 pm »
"knee ligament injury" and "returning to action next season" on the club website.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #8932 on: April 25, 2018, 06:09:13 pm »
"knee ligament injury" and "returning to action next season" on the club website.

Weird they haven't out a timescale on it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8933 on: April 25, 2018, 06:14:47 pm »

They normally wait 36/48 hours for the swelling to reduce before carrying out other tests. Most likely the club don't know the full extent of the injury yet.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:16:47 pm by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8934 on: April 25, 2018, 06:14:53 pm »
Suppose it's quite early. If it is an ACL they'll of course need to determine the extent of the damage and the appropriate management, and timescales can vary. Still shit like.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8935 on: April 25, 2018, 06:20:03 pm »
Suppose it's quite early. If it is an ACL they'll of course need to determine the extent of the damage and the appropriate management, and timescales can vary. Still shit like.

ACL at high level elite football will equal surgery. Timescales don't vary, it's a minimum 9 months. That takes him to next year. If that was the case the club would have said next year. I said this in his thread he'd have been really unlucky if he's torn his ACL making that challenge, it's not an ACL mechanism, it's an LCL mechanism.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8936 on: April 25, 2018, 06:24:44 pm »
What's the timeframe on an LCL Welshred? I know it's a good deal less than an ACL?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8937 on: April 25, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
The statement talks about beginning a rehab program. Could it indicate no surgery?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8938 on: April 25, 2018, 06:27:51 pm »
ACL at high level elite football will equal surgery. Timescales don't vary, it's a minimum 9 months. That takes him to next year. If that was the case the club would have said next year. I said this in his thread he'd have been really unlucky if he's torn his ACL making that challenge, it's not an ACL mechanism, it's an LCL mechanism.
I associate an acl with a lateral or twisting of the knee.  Is that a reasonable assumption?

This looked more like a hyperextension.  Is that right??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8939 on: April 25, 2018, 06:28:03 pm »
What's the timeframe on an LCL Welshred? I know it's a good deal less than an ACL?

He could be back for pre-season, equally he could miss the first few months of the season.

The statement talks about beginning a rehab program. Could it indicate no surgery?

Potentially yes. The club may want to try conservative management first before surgery but if that fails it could be an option. These guys won't need prehab before surgery though as their muscle bulk and strength will already be optimised for post-op recovery.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8940 on: April 25, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
I associate an acl with a lateral or twisting of the knee.  Is that a reasonable assumption?

This looked more like a hyperextension.  Is that right??

Hyperextension can cause ACL disruption as well as it's role is to stop excessive forward movement of the tibia in relation to the femur, but it is also vulnerable to what we call pivot shifts, a combination of valgus stress (what you'd call knock knees if both were in valgus stress) to the knee and twisting to change direction.

Ox has a little bit of hyperextension from the tackle but mainly there's a large varus stress of the lateral joint line which is way more suggestive of LCL.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8941 on: April 25, 2018, 06:32:16 pm »
He could be back for pre-season, equally he could miss the first few months of the season.

Potentially yes. The club may want to try conservative management first before surgery but if that fails it could be an option. These guys won't need prehab before surgery though as their muscle bulk and strength will already be optimised for post-op recovery.
Having a quick google, a second degree sprain is 6-8 weeks.  A third degree sprain sprain would need surgery.

It also says it’s incredibly painful(he was in pain, that’s for sure).

The club not being specific about the timeframe might suggest they are unclear as to whether it’s grade 2 or 3 I guess.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8942 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:34 pm »

Yeah thats why I was wondering why they would even mention rehab or whethee surgery is considered a part of rehab. Everytime I have read of an ACL i am sure they have spoken about surgery straight away.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8943 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:05 pm »
Having a quick google, a second degree sprain is 6-8 weeks.  A third degree sprain sprain would need surgery.

It also says it’s incredibly painful(he was in pain, that’s for sure).

The club not being specific about the timeframe might suggest they are unclear as to whether it’s grade 2 or 3 I guess.

Grade 3s don't necessarily mean surgery. It depends on whether it's a complete rupture or whether some ligament fibres are still intact and the stability of the joint.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8944 on: April 25, 2018, 06:43:59 pm »
Cheers for the clarification. LCL would be the better of the two. Initially thought it looked like an ACL until I realised I was looking at the wrong leg ;D. It does look like an LCL considering his knee bends slightly outwards during the initial impact.

It's very unlucky, Kolarov falls in to him awkwardly as he's mid-stride.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8945 on: April 25, 2018, 06:45:09 pm »
Grade 3s don't necessarily mean surgery. It depends on whether it's a complete rupture or whether some ligament fibres are still intact and the stability of the joint.
Cheers!

W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8946 on: April 25, 2018, 06:50:39 pm »
Club is cursed.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: April 25, 2018, 06:53:25 pm »
Devastated for the lad, fast becoming my favourite midfielder and was excited to see him improving with every week  :'(

Who can we realistically turn to in midfield now? Trent is one. Albie might have to be another. Any of the U23s?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8948 on: April 25, 2018, 10:00:13 pm »
Pointless speculating without knowledge of the tear/extent, not all ACLs are the same, I've done mine twice and had one operation.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8949 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:51 pm »
Pointless speculating without knowledge of the tear/extent, not all ACLs are the same, I've done mine twice and had one operation.

You aren't a professional footballer though. At that level, any kind of ACL tear will require surgery.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8950 on: April 25, 2018, 10:04:25 pm »
Club is cursed.

Custom tag checks out.

We just won the first leg of a champions league semi 5-2. Chin up mate.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8951 on: April 25, 2018, 10:10:03 pm »
Anyone from the youth who can likely step up in the midfield slot for the next few games. I know United had McTimothyDalton, who seemed ok for them.

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #8952 on: April 25, 2018, 10:19:36 pm »
Hyperextension can cause ACL disruption as well as it's role is to stop excessive forward movement of the tibia in relation to the femur, but it is also vulnerable to what we call pivot shifts, a combination of valgus stress (what you'd call knock knees if both were in valgus stress) to the knee and twisting to change direction.

Ox has a little bit of hyperextension from the tackle but mainly there's a large varus stress of the lateral joint line which is way more suggestive of LCL.

Outstanding insight from all, thanks very much..  I personally feel a little less concerned, from what info we can gather,  that its leaning toward an LCL  and 8 weeks even, so finders crossed.

Gutted for the lad, especially for the world cup. We can always get back to a CL Final another year :) but losing out on 2 world cups is a massive blow for a guy who deserves better.

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #8953 on: April 25, 2018, 10:25:35 pm »
Devastated for the lad, fast becoming my favourite midfielder and was excited to see him improving with every week  :'(

Who can we realistically turn to in midfield now? Trent is one. Albie might have to be another. Any of the U23s?

Williams has been mentioned

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8954 on: April 25, 2018, 11:15:25 pm »
You aren't a professional footballer though. At that level, any kind of ACL tear will require surgery.

Indeed, but that is irrelevant, there is surgery and surgery and recovery differs due to the extent of required surgery. There are some views expressed here which are not speculative, they are valuable.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8955 on: April 26, 2018, 03:51:46 am »
With Lallana, Can, Ox out, and Coutinho departed we are thin in midfield.

Mind you, we could easily play Moreno, Clyne or Trent as wingers if we need to see out a game we won early. Better imho than playing with Solanke or Ings who I don't believe are fitting the continuity particularly well

We also have Grujic and Woodburn on the books that could do a job, but not sure if their availability?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:53:22 am by kcbworth »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8956 on: April 26, 2018, 07:16:03 am »
Grujic has been playing for Cardiff for the last 4 months

Offline Ruddock

• Main Stander
« Reply #8957 on: April 26, 2018, 07:24:29 am »
I´ve read earlier that the loan agreement doesn´t allow that we recall Grujic this season. But Cardiff´s season ends before the CL final. Why can´t Grujic be available in the final? 

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8958 on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:32 am »
I´ve read earlier that the loan agreement doesn´t allow that we recall Grujic this season. But Cardiff´s season ends before the CL final. Why can´t Grujic be available in the final? 

He would be.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #8959 on: April 26, 2018, 08:14:39 am »
He would be.

Dosent he have to be listed in our CL squad though? Which I'm sure he isnt as he hasnt been here.