Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3545527 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #11000 on: December 14, 2018, 09:19:34 am »
Alot rumours on twitter regarding new kit sponsor. Apparently its between Nike and Adidas. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd rather O'Neills over them two.

We're by far the biggest name that New Balance work with in football. If they lose us they may as well withdraw from the sport. Maybe that's there plan.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11001 on: December 14, 2018, 09:20:29 am »
They'll do be no confirmation as I can't see anyone from the club or NB, Nike or Adidas being on here.

I will say they'll be manufacturers moving about.

Unlikely to be Adidas given they manufacture Man Us.
Nike are Chelsea.

I'm almost certain that the NB deal had a sort of rolling agreement. Could be things continue for a year or so until there is other movement.

Just my thoughts

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11002 on: December 14, 2018, 09:23:48 am »
Yeah I don't see New Balance letting us go without a fight. Nike doesn't really suit us either and their designs are shite. Not like that would influence any decision, just saying it'd look shit.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11003 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:05 am »
Also, Andy Heaton from The Anfield Wrap has re tweeted a question to the Head of Retail at the club when asked if the NB deal ends this season.

He said no.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11004 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:48 am »
I'd rather stick to NB to be honest, I used to love our Adidas kits but they are so generic now as are Nike.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11005 on: December 14, 2018, 09:52:45 am »
NB give us full control over our retail operations as well as paying us a load of money so there is no way we would give that up to adidas or Nike. The most likely scenario is NB renew with us at a level similar to what United and the rest have at around £50-70m a year (or more depending on success)

Plus I think they've gave us a great selection of kits over the years, better than anything Nike or adidas would give us

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #11006 on: December 14, 2018, 10:02:53 am »
I'd rather stick to NB to be honest, I used to love our Adidas kits but they are so generic now as are Nike.
Yeah. They- weirdly, seem "cheap" because of the templating nonsense they both got going on.
I'd rather we continue with NB.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11007 on: December 14, 2018, 10:05:35 am »
I'd rather O'Neills over them two.

We're by far the biggest name that New Balance work with in football. If they lose us they may as well withdraw from the sport. Maybe that's there plan.

I'd hope we don't lose New Balance but if we do, we get Hi-Tec.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11008 on: December 14, 2018, 10:21:58 am »
Nike and there generic template kits, No thanks.

Rather stay with NB but it looks to be a 2 way battle with Adidas and Nike.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11009 on: December 14, 2018, 10:45:10 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #11010 on: December 14, 2018, 11:12:34 am »
Me likey.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-blackout-1819-jersey

That is bloody amazing. I am getting myself one!

Also, stick with NB! We are their biggest customer and they have given us some solid kits, I'd rather them over the generic shite but in diff colours all the others have going on.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #11012 on: December 14, 2018, 02:49:35 pm »
Me likey.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-blackout-1819-jersey

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none, none more black.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11013 on: December 14, 2018, 09:41:35 pm »
On the NB deal, it may have a face value of £28m per season, but because of the way it is structured we get to sell much more of our kit directly and get more of a cut from kit sales.

It’s rather different to the other headline figures that you hear for other clubs.

So when you hear internet bullshitters making up stories about deals and they fail to mention this, you know with certainty that they are lying.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11014 on: December 14, 2018, 10:03:37 pm »

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11015 on: December 14, 2018, 10:07:51 pm »
They always bring these out when i've got no money :lmao
So you want to be in the black but you're not in the black?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11016 on: December 14, 2018, 11:51:34 pm »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11017 on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:26 pm »
Under armour don’t have any major footy teams do they, plus they have a sponsorship deal with Trent so there’s a potential one

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #11018 on: December 15, 2018, 12:13:10 am »
Under armour don’t have any major footy teams do they, plus they have a sponsorship deal with Trent so there’s a potential one

They have Southampton, and please no..their kits look like shit imo.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11019 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:20 am »
Finally LFC catering for the goth market 🦇
If only they'd brought this top out in the 80s when I was Goth.

I reckon Robert Smith would look good in one. 
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11020 on: December 15, 2018, 12:37:56 am »

That would be bad. Very, very bad. Honestly think I'd prefer Lonsdale and that's saying something.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11021 on: December 15, 2018, 12:40:40 am »
That would be bad. Very, very bad. Honestly think I'd prefer Lonsdale and that's saying something.

Same. I can't stand their stuff. I hate Nike too.

Mind you, I sort of draw the line at Lonsdale. They are tailor made for Everton, though.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #11022 on: December 15, 2018, 01:23:17 am »

Bad bad scally gear too.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11023 on: December 15, 2018, 01:52:10 am »
No NB no party. Dark red forever

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11024 on: December 15, 2018, 07:04:25 am »
If there's only a couple of £ in it and we get to keep ownership of the stores like we do with NB then I see no need to change.

I think what they've created for over the past few years beats any of the generic templates that the likes of Nike, Adidas, Puma have reproduced.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11025 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:55 am »
If only they'd brought this top out in the 80s when I was Goth.

I reckon Robert Smith would look good in one. 

He'd look Just Like Heaven.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11026 on: December 15, 2018, 09:34:17 am »
If there's only a couple of £ in it and we get to keep ownership of the stores like we do with NB then I see no need to change.

I think what they've created for over the past few years beats any of the generic templates that the likes of Nike, Adidas, Puma have reproduced.

The deal is this.

With NB we are their main club.  We get all the designs and styles first. Other kits are designed off the back of ours.
With Adidas your kit is always coming of the back of Bayern and with Nike it’s always off the back of Barc etc.
So it’s great that we have a kit deal that gives us bespoke kits
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11027 on: December 15, 2018, 02:19:08 pm »
Bad bad scally gear too.

Meffs even - defo lonsdale territory

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11028 on: December 15, 2018, 02:35:30 pm »
The deal is this.

With NB we are their main club.  We get all the designs and styles first. Other kits are designed off the back of ours.
With Adidas your kit is always coming of the back of Bayern and with Nike it’s always off the back of Barc etc.

This. Plus as long as they retain the dark red-roughly the same shade as the type on this forum, the tiny details don’t matter too much. Should deffo go back to the gold bird, mind.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11029 on: December 15, 2018, 03:45:33 pm »
The deal is this.

I'd be pretty confident Liverpool would get bespoke kits from those two.

Where is the evidence that Nike and Adidas just give other teams the same templates?

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11030 on: December 15, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »

Where is the evidence that Nike and Adidas just give other teams the same templates?

The fact that every single kit from both those manufacturers looks exactly the same is a bit of a giveaway, I reckon.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #11031 on: December 15, 2018, 04:44:20 pm »

Remember when we had the adidas kit with the stripes over the left shoulder?  Bayern and Chelsea had exactly the same kit.
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #11032 on: December 15, 2018, 04:45:46 pm »
I wouldn't mind adidas if they'd ditch the bloody three stripes or at least make them a bit more discreet instead of dominating the kit
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #11033 on: December 15, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
Think they're also in bed with Spurs? Seen it loads around their ground for some seasons now.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11034 on: December 15, 2018, 06:31:21 pm »

quite a few of uniteds kits have been templates, plus all the Nike teams have at least one template kit every year

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11035 on: December 15, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »
Think they're also in bed with Spurs? Seen it loads around their ground for some seasons now.
spurs are Nike

i like their workout gear. Like how PSG went with Jordan we could go with project rock.

Remember when we had the adidas kit with the stripes over the left shoulder?  Bayern and Chelsea had exactly the same kit.
The goalie tops from the mid 90s, USA 94 to anfield

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:38:55 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #11036 on: December 15, 2018, 06:37:20 pm »
Wouldn`t mind Under Armour. Like their gear. However, don`t know how they would design a Liverpool kit. I think Nike as a training range is good.

Don`t want Adidas back. They have made some horrible kits. Too much white and stripes in their kits. Want the kit to look as close to the traditional kits as possible(70s). And red, not purple.

The more classic and simple, the better. I`ve generally liked NBs home kits. Last season was a belter if it had been a little more red and had a round neck instead of a v-one.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:47:22 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11037 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:01 pm »
spurs are Nike
i like their workout gear. Like how PSG went with Jordan we could go with project rock.
The goalie tops from the mid 90s, USA 94 to anfield

Kopke, Ravelli, Meola, James.

What do I win?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11038 on: December 15, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »
Last seasons home kit was the best we've had in the last 30 years easily

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11039 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:37 pm »
The deal is this.

I'm sure they all do it to some extent to be completely honest

I'm sure not long ago Sevilla had an identical kit or two to us, even down to some of the little subtle strips on certain parts of the kit

Where does the 'first choice' 'designed off the back of' stuff come from? They're all the same kits at the end of the day