Author Topic: My Favourite Player #25 - Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish  (Read 11837 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: My Favourite Player #25 - Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish
« Reply #40 on: January 1, 2013, 06:15:14 pm »
I'm guilty of only just reading this Roy mate, what a wonderful piece. Scribes can describe far better than I can how much of a talent he was, his acquisition is probably the single best thing to ever happen to this football club.

He brought an unexpected talent with the ability to hit the ground running, there was no bedding in needed for Kenny.

He replaced a hero and smashed that man's status in every single way possible.

Kenny is a man with true gravitas, personable character despite the ability to show a hard front and amazing wit. He's done so much for this city and remains in love with our club while being revered by us.

Thanks Roy & sorry for the late input. And of course I always knew Kenny was going to be the big chocolate at the end of a really enjoyable series.

Check back next years folks, the theme is 25 of Julian Dicks best free-kicks and penalties.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 03:54:31 pm »
im gonna dig out that portrait video

thanks for this
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 11:22:55 am »
To those who watched Dalglish live, which modern player reminds you most him. Just trying to visualise Dalglish's qualities/greatness as a player - I suspect youtube clips dont do him justice given that he was a team player.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:26:41 am by ac »

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #43 on: December 4, 2015, 11:24:53 pm »
I was just wondering if anyone has heard how the king is as brucey mentioned on fantasy football tonight that he wasnt very well.Is it man flu or something more serious.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #44 on: December 5, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
To those who watched Dalglish live, which modern player reminds you most him. Just trying to visualise Dalglish's qualities/greatness as a player - I suspect youtube clips dont do him justice given that he was a team player.

I don't know if it's the hair similarities but I often think David Silva reminds me of Kenny

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: December 5, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »
I don't know if it's the hair similarities but I often think David Silva reminds me of Kenny
Save that Kenny would mix it as well, was strong and brave as a lion and scored much more goals.

Silva is a top player that I really like but he isn't fit to lace the King's boots really and that shows just how good he was.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #46 on: December 6, 2015, 12:14:56 pm »
Save that Kenny would mix it as well, was strong and brave as a lion and scored much more goals.

Silva is a top player that I really like but he isn't fit to lace the King's boots really and that shows just how good he was.

totally agree, Dalglish could mix it when he needed to , he wasn't afraid of that at all.....plus he hardly missed games aside serious injury.....can you imagine him in todays PL ? jesus mary and joseph !!!!

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2015, 08:26:34 pm »
Whatever happened to the Steve Rotheram MP motion for Kenny to get knighted ? That's a few years back but nothing has happened

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:20 am »
Whatever happened to the Steve Rotheram MP motion for Kenny to get knighted ? That's a few years back but nothing has happened
2009 wasnt it?

25 years today since he resigned
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR