Author Topic: My Favourite Player #23 - Robbie Fowler  (Read 12052 times)

Offline RedJim

• Nickname Thief!
  • Kopite
  • Liverbird Upon My Chest
Re: My Favourite Player #23 - Robbie Fowler
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 03:48:43 pm »
He was my hero growing up, I would refuse to play football if my mum hadn't bought me them nose strips, I really used to think I was him.
The only footballer who's autobiography I've ever read

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Insurance
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »
4 minutes thirty three seconds.  The fastest Premiership history ever and traffic problems on the 62 meant a few around us missed it.  Not only that they refused to be believe us when we told them.  "Fowler.  Three goals in about three minutes?
Yeah right!"

I was working in the UK at the time, just outside Leeds.  Took the train down, got a ticket, and lost my voice within 5 minutes.  One of the first games I ever saw live, hence my username.

Offline NeilR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 08:28:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BatsOKyttFQ?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BatsOKyttFQ?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3</a>

We should bring him back again now. Can you imagine the boost a team gets with that type of reception. Doesn't happen often. Legend!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »

Robbie should have never shed #23 and his peroxide blonde :-D. That 95-96 season will always be dear to me for Robbie's goals and sublime finishes. Liverpool could and should have won the double if only ... oh well
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »
I've never seen a finisher like Fowler and everyone knew how good he was, any opposition fans I spoke to about always rated him really highly.  The bolded part of the quote sums it all up for me.

Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel, who also played for Manchester City and Aston Villa, has named Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler as the best striker he faced during his spell in the Premier League. The former England international, who enjoyed spells at Manchester City, Leeds United and Blackburn Rovers, as well as two spells with Liverpool, is the fourth highest scorer in Premier League history.

The great Dane widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers of all time, picked out the Anfield marksman as the striker he rated the best.  Schmeichel also suggested Mr. Ferguson would have signed Fowler, had he been given half the chance, because the Scot rated him that highly.

Schmeichel told talkSport Magazine: “Robbie Fowler was the best, he kept scoring, and we just didn’t know what do about it.”

“Had he had the chance, I’m pretty sure he (Ferguson) would have signed him on the spot because he rated him as the best striker in the league.”
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »
the semi final against Aston Villa at Old Trafford in 1996 was Fowler at his peak. A great header to put us 1-0 up. A load of Villa pressure followed, then Fowler delivered a great volley in off the post to book our Wembley trip. Fantastic. 

Offline elliskco Papes

• Main Stander
  • Go forth and destroy them you redmen.
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »
my dad always told me if he had another kid in 1995 would have named him robbie fowler. He was freakly good. Genius.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 08:53:13 am »
My first hero. Used to wear plasters over my nose when I played, like God.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 11:49:57 am »
God, nuff said.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 02:43:03 pm »
Posted on November the 21st?
You're a good planner VdM, written on 21 November!
Many of them were put up in draft format in the writers forum and added to gradually before being moved over on their advent day :wave