Author Topic: My Favourite Player #7 - Luis Garcia  (Read 26104 times)

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
My Favourite Player #7 - Luis Garcia
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »
Luis García, he drinks Sangria!
He came from Barça to bring us joy!
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
So please don't take our Luis away!

As a young one, I really didn't get to witness the good old days where the Kop roared with velocity at the at the sublime football by legends like Toshack, Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes and many more but born as a Kopite (thanks Dad) I can remember the Reds from as early as the start of the noughties.

Since then, the highlight of watching the Reds has come in probably the greatest night of my life. May 25th, 2005. Istanbul. And on the road to Istanbul, there was the stern grit and mentality of the team and the tactical prowess of Rafa that got us there, but there was also a certain Spainish attacking midfielder whose goals made it all possible.

When I can talk about my favourite Liverpool players, I speak about those who obvious ones who still play a part of Liverpool FC or have left with their dignity still intact and remain loyal and honest to the club, grasping at the popular choices, but also at Luis Javier García Sanz, who quick endeared himself to the fans

A product of Barcelona's youth academy, Rafa had previously had got the opportunity to manage Luis at Tenerife, so when Benitez came to Liverpool, he decided to chunk a 6m deposit on this fella from sunny Spain as a replacement for El Hadji Diouf, and with the imminent departure of Owen, probably also hoping that Luis could chip in with a few goals.

Garcia was the master of quite a few traits actually - having the ability to hit a fierce shot with both his feet, having a quick, skillful menace to his game, a never die/give up hardworking attitude and popping up with some of the best headers seen by the Kop.

Fuck me though. Those nights would be incredible as the voice of 40,000+ Kopite would roar around Anfield in ultimate joy. Truly unforgettable. As Gerrard's 30 yard volley near ripped the net on the 8th Dec, Liverpool would being heading into the knock-out stages of the competition where Garcia would go on to score 5 goals on our way to the trophy.

The first goal was against the German opposition, Bayer Leverkusen. It was the first leg at Anfield and we really need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and finish it off.  Up popped little Luis beating the offside trap and finding space behind the defence after Igor Biscan's mazy run before sliding the ball through Jorg But's legs and into the back of the net as the stadium erupted and the camera quaked along with the crowd. The goal gave us the upper hand as later on, two free kicks converted by Riise and then Didi ensured we'd go to BayArena with a comfortable lead.

The second goal came away at the BayArena where Luis was at his finest. Gerrard's cross was exquisitely turned in by the deftest of touches after weaving a foot ahead of his marker to increase the aggregate lead to 4-1. The man who had made his mark two weeks prior to ensure Liverpool had got off to a great start had done so again. Later, Liverpool and Garcia would get their second which would be Garcia's third of the knock out stage as Biscan rose to meet a Gerrard corner and Garcia was there again to wrong foot the keeper and tuck the ball in. Baros would go on to hit another as Liverpool would go on to win 3-1.

As fate would have it - next up for Liverpool was Juventus, 20 years on from Heysel. Liverpool displayed in an appropriate manner a kind, warm welcome and friendship but as the game started, the focus was back to football. I nearly cry thinking about it but this was one the greatest fucking nights of my life. Up against a team who had only previously conceded 2 goals in the whole tournament; we were massive underdogs but again, it was a position where we'd been before and had thrived. It was a meant to be a night for us. When Big Sami popped up at the far post to turn the ball which was flicked on by none other than Garcia, everyone associated with Liverpool Football Club went fucking mental and how could you not ? 15 minutes later, as Le Tallec's chip bounced over Baros, Luis Garcia came running, leaving Emerson in his tracks and hit one of the most amazing, technically gifted strikes and best goals I have ever seen as he lobbed 30m+ pound of goalkeeping talent from 28 yards out, leaving Gigi Buffon flapping at thin air. Everything about that goal, the ease and calmness with which he finished with, was perfect. It was a night that really shook the Kop and let the Europe knew we meant fucking business.

And finally, after holding on in Turin, we would go face the incumbent English champions, Chelsea. At that time, it was no rivalry that a rivalry had developed between the clubs. Benitez v Mourinho and Liverpool v Chelsea. No matter, all the millions the London based club had spent, the trophy they (and Abramovich) had craved at that point for was the European Cup. Whilst we were a team clawing our way through with the likes of Djimi 'More Champions League Trophies Than Arsenal' Traore, your Igor Biscans and Smicers; Chelsea had spent excess money securing the likes of Robben, Drogba and Carvalho. We'd just come back from the tie at Stamford Bridge where a weakened team had held them off after a brilliant defensive display by Carragher and Hyypia who held the Chelsea midfield and Drogba off superbly. There was something about that night as Anfield filled up way before kick off and the fans were in full voice. The whole stadium was united in passion and belief. They knew it was going to be a special night, a memorable night, a Red night. Only 4 minutes into the game at Anfield, we heard probably the loudest roar of the Kop that will echo throughout history as this took place ;

''Riise.....Gerrard with space... helped in towards Baros, he's beaten Cech to it, the goalkeeper made contact, Luis Garcia was it across the line!... Gallas hooked it away.....GOAL!!!............ THE FIRST GOAL OF THE SEMI FINAL IS A LIVERPOOL GOAL!!''

Yes, it damn well was fucking over the line by a mile José and all you other plastics. The lead was ours to defend. Many don't realise but through out the whole tournament while Luis hadn't been operating as a consistent goal scorer in the league and was struggling to keep fit as injuries persisted, his part in Europe in 04/05 was priceless. Operating in a trequartista role while poaching the significant goals and stepping up when someone had to gain responsibility. Fearless beyond doubt, Luis Garcia was that man doing this.

As we'd go on to defend for our lives with the backing of our twefth man out in full force and witness miracles greater than the rebirth of Jesus as  Gudjohnsen's shot would whistle across the bar and later in Istanbul, Dudek's hand of God, Liverpool would go on to win it 5 times.

Those had to be Luis' finest hours as after that, even though he gave us other iconic images to bear. Despite a low return in the league, he scored the winner against the bitters in the Merseyside Derby in March if I recall correctly and despite being injured and Liverpool having used all their substitutes, played on the whole game while limping and putting in a valiant effort and not rendering his defensive duties. He also scored the winner against the winner against Arsenal in February the following season in the dying minutes to give us the minute in front of the Kop and send me fucking mental. Before signing out of Melwood, he even thanked us and the club for everything we'd done for him. I was glad to see him back for Carra's testimonial too where he also scored a great goal.

Shit. Just going through some of the moments gave me goosebumps. You know what. We've had loads of players through out the last 10 years and dammit most of them have give us something to passionately support about. Whether it was Torres making the Kop bounce or Owen nicking in two goals to snatch a cup final we don't deserve. If there was ever a player who was proud of wearing the red shirt with a liverbird entrusted on the crest and would make the Kop celebrate and cry in tears of joy, then I hope we have one like Luis Garca. Who'd give us nights like he did. He was pretty underrated and unfortunately injury did get the most of him at times. He'd be a conundrum to watch but when he wove his magic, it truly lit a spark. Dynamic, and passionate. He loved us and we loved him. They'll never take our Luis away...
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 11:44:58 pm by hinesy »

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: My Favourite Player #7 - Luis Garcia
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2012, 11:08:36 pm »
Well worth the wait. Was at the Juve game and the Chelsea one and your piece gave me the same goosebumps it gave me.
Yep.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2012, 11:55:17 pm »
Welcome to a more modern style footballer, perhaps as far from Emlyn as you could get in some respects but still created sheer magic moments for us. Real breathtaking WHOOA! Did I just see that?!! moments...

and of course, that goal

It's lil Luis Garcia and a lovely thread by DK.. enjoy!
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2012, 11:56:25 pm »
Pure class. We still sing his song at Anfield Bridge  ;D
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline RhosRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2012, 11:58:39 pm »
Luis García, he drinks Sangria!
He came from Barça to bring us joy!
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
So please don't take our Luis away!

Yes!! Class, loved Luis!

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2012, 11:59:06 pm »
What a beautiful man.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2012, 12:01:13 am »
Great post mate.  :thumbup

Was a cracking player and will forever remember THAT goal he scored against Juventus at Anfield.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2012, 12:10:07 am by Samie The Red »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7 on: December 7, 2012, 12:09:34 am »
That Juventus goal is probably my favourite Liverpool goal of all-time. An absolute cracker that was a perfect blend of technique and guile. Garcia was a brilliant, lovely player. He could also be the most maddingly frustrating player of the last decade in a red shirt: capable of producing the sublime, yet missing rudimentary goals. I seem to recall Gerrard had once asked him why he couldn't do the most simplest things? But what Steven didn't know is that Luis Garcia didn't do tap-ins. He scored wonder goals against Chelsea, Anderlecht, Everton and a host of other teams. Although Benayoun was a more consistent version of Garcia, he perhaps didn't have the capability for the jaw-dropping on such a regular basis as Garcia. Of our current players, Luis Suarez reminds me the most of Garcia. In fact, Luis Suarez is somewhat like Luis Garcia on steroids: a much better player who is equally sometimes lacking in awareness of his teammates, but has a level of technical prowess that is unmatched. Although it's an overly used word, he's a legend. The type of player, who exuded such character as a person and a player, that he is welcome back anytime. The type that nobody (with perhaps the exception of Mourinho and Roy Keane) would have a bad word about. Also his song was/is boss.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #8 on: December 7, 2012, 12:34:21 am »
Im drunk amd I miss Luis
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2012, 12:47:50 am »
great post mate.  boss player.  boss song.  i still love that beautiful man.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2012, 12:53:49 am »
One of my fave clips of all time like.

http://www.footylounge.com/films/jamie-carragher-testimonial/match-highlights-video_50f92aae8.html

Watch out for our first goal - one certain Luis Garcia. Cracking.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2012, 12:57:48 am »
His header in the Champions League against Anderlecht is one of the best headers I've seen.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2012, 12:58:21 am »
That was great. Luis Garcia is without  doubt one of my favourite players ever, for the reasons  described in the OP. Like a pathetic sort of a person I still follow him on twitter and was sorry that he said recently that he regretted leaving Liverpool when he did.
I hated the moaners who complained  constantly about him losing the ball, because he also created such moments of sheer breathtaking brilliance, especially that goal against Juve of course, but others too. Happy days!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2012, 01:00:41 am »
I love this guy. Still remember reading about us selling him to Atletico Madrid, was devestated at the time. He brought us some brilliant memories. Whats he up to now?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2012, 01:04:32 am »
I love this guy. Still remember reading about us selling him to Atlético Madrid, was devestated at the time. He brought us some brilliant memories. Whats he up to now?
He's in Mexico. Was at Puebla for a season (or 2?) and now he's at the Club Universidad Nacional.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2012, 01:06:37 am »
If I recall correctly he was at Puebela in Mexico last season but has since switched teams again. Got around quite a bit since.

Vaguely remember Garcia, such a good player.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2012, 01:16:35 am »
Mercurial talent that at his best, was absolutely jaw-dropping in terms of quality.

Such a great shame his last match was that hiding against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, and he never got a chance to return from that ruptured ACL. Benayoun was always just a pale imitation in my eyes.

Little man, massive cajones.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2012, 01:23:02 am »
Frustrating 66% of the time, absolute magician the rest of it. His performance is at the extremes of both ends - either he gets you pulling out your hair or bending down to pick your jaw off the ground, very little in between.

Best thing though, he performed spectacularly when it really mattered.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 7, 2012, 01:31:49 am »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2012, 01:58:43 am »
His thumb sucking celebration was the coolest celebration I've ever seen. Well capable of frustrating you all night, but then all of a sudden scores a wonder goal that would make your jaw drop 10 inches. Always wondered how a combination of Garcia in his prime playing alongside Fowler in his prime would have done for us, Garcia would have done all the magic, Fowler would have scored all the goals for fun.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 7, 2012, 04:00:26 am »
I loved his goal vs Chelsea FA Cup Semi

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #21 on: December 7, 2012, 05:58:45 am »
Magician. Absolutely loved him. His song is outstanding. I say 'is' as you still hear people singing it.

Special mention to the goal against Chelsea at Old Trafford. I think I jumped about 4 rows of seats trying to get near the front of the stand after he'd scored.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2012, 06:04:03 am »
One of my favourites from Rafa's time, we've been blessed with quite a few good ones during that period.

I think Maureen likes him too, still talks about him...

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2012, 06:53:37 am »
His header in the Champions League against Anderlecht is one of the best headers I've seen.

Yes and yes.

Sums up how mercurial he was for me that goal. Headers aren't often 'audacious' but Luis managed to conjure one. And pull it off. Sublime piece of technique that.

And that Juve goal was the moment of the road to Istanbul for me. Even over Gerrards Olympiakos strike.

Pocket rocket.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2012, 07:11:23 am »
Two-footed.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2012, 07:49:21 am »
Fucking love the man.

Always keeps an eye out for us too.

@LuchoGarcia14: And with that score 0-1 vs Udinese, the reds go to the next round. #YNWA

Superb piece by the way.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2012, 07:52:19 am »
How can you not love lil' Luis!?

Magical player. The frustrations are mere noted at this point in time, and they should never be forgotten - as they made up what Luis the player was, (is). Polar opposites, switching in the blink of an eye in front of us.

Magical. And he proper loved us.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2012, 08:15:28 am »
Superb piece.

But I disagree with all the sentiment.

An extremely frustrating player and there are at least another 20-30 favourite players that deserve a write up before him.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2012, 08:27:55 am »
a special night, a memorable night, a Red night.

Great stuff, mate.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: December 7, 2012, 11:42:23 am »
Got a fantastic reception when he came back with Atletico as well. One of the loudest songs/chants i have ever heard for an opposition player

Top quality player and man

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #30 on: December 7, 2012, 11:47:24 am »
Great read, one of my favourites aswell. Shame we let him go so soon.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #31 on: December 7, 2012, 11:47:48 am »
That magnificent header against Anderlecht! My word...!

"He came from Barca. To bring us joy!"
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »
If I'd written one of these pieces I'd have been tempted to write one about King Luis.

One gripe though, in reply to the comments that always spring up when he is mentioned - 'frustrating' my arse.

Luis used to sometimes give the ball away. No more than other top attacking Liverpool players - no more than Gerrard for example. Less than Suarez. Yet when Luis did, it was always picked up upon. It was an issue for him particularly in his first few months here, but by early winter it was no longer a major issue in his game - along with his workrate and tracking back - which was vastly improved.

The key for me is that Luis always tried things. Always had the confidence and belief to attempt a trick, a bit of skill, an audacious dribble. Sometimes they come off, sometimes they don't. Great players keep trying until they do. That was what he was here for. That was his job. He was the flair player teams cry out for. The man to unlock a door. He had a licence to lose the ball. Because the manager trusted that when he didn't, it would lead to a goal or a goal scoring opportunity.

I'd much rather be 'frustrated' by seeing Luis lose the ball four or five times and then score a worldie, than watch the type of players some fans seem to favour, the always play it safe cowardly winger, too scared of their own shadow.

A great player who gave us great memories.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2012, 12:14:31 pm »
Really enjoyed having him in the team. He could always pop up with something special. One of those players who just brings a smile to your face. People say frustrating, but when a player is creative and delivers vital goals, it's worth it. Part of being creative is you take a chance and it doesn't always work out. Would love to have a young Luis Garcia in this side.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: December 7, 2012, 12:16:30 pm »
He scored a similar header against Fulham that season as well didn't he? From an Agger cross?

His FA Cup Semi goal against Chelsea was brilliant. a 'mini' version of his Juve goal. I just loved the way he was through on goal, and many others would have taken it on and just tried to slot it past Cudicini but he looked up, weighed up his options and just faded it beautifully up and over him.

Not a great player, but a player who gave us many great memories.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2012, 12:16:41 pm »
If I'd written one of these pieces I'd have been tempted to write one about King Luis.

One gripe though, in reply to the comments that always spring up when he is mentioned - 'frustrating' my arse.

Luis used to sometimes give the ball away. No more than other top attacking Liverpool players - no more than Gerrard for example. Less than Suarez. Yet when Luis did, it was always picked up upon. It was an issue for him particularly in his first few months here, but by early winter it was no longer a major issue in his game - along with his workrate and tracking back - which was vastly improved.

The key for me is that Luis always tried things. Always had the confidence and belief to attempt a trick, a bit of skill, an audacious dribble. Sometimes they come off, sometimes they don't. Great players keep trying until they do. That was what he was here for. That was his job. He was the flair player teams cry out for. The man to unlock a door. He had a licence to lose the ball. Because the manager trusted that when he didn't, it would lead to a goal or a goal scoring opportunity.

I'd much rather be 'frustrated' by seeing Luis lose the ball four or five times and then score a worldie, than watch the type of players some fans seem to favour, the always play it safe cowardly winger, too scared of their own shadow.

A great player who gave us great memories.

Well said Neil, creative licence is the best way to put it, as is mercurial to describe his talent. Neither detract from what a special little player he was.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #36 on: December 7, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »
Oh, I miss him.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
Not a great player, but a player who gave us many great memories.
That's extremely unfair Nick, and puts him into Dirk Kuyt territory. Can hardly think of two more technically opposite players.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 7, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »
That's extremely unfair Nick, and puts him into Dirk Kuyt territory. Can hardly think of two more technically opposite players.

this was what sprang to my mind when I was reading Neil's post.

Offline SecondComing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: December 7, 2012, 12:32:25 pm »
Always recall something he did in Istanbul 2005. Every Liverpool goal, he was the one to pick the ball out the net and get it back the half way line.