Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 169198 times)

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2008, 07:39:42 pm »
Little Luis' goal against Juventus was, I reckon, the best live goal I've ever witnessed. I was gutted to see him go and hope he returns one day as i love the 'drinking Sangria' song...
It was one of the most memorable Liverpool goals in years. More than many players, he had the guts to go for the most audacious choice when he saw an opportunity, and he often had the technique to execute it perfectly too. Beating Buffon, the world's most expensive keeper, over his head, from 25 or 30 yards, on the volley, was amazing.

I'm 46, I've seen all of the best players play for us.

He was one of the keys to get to Istanbu on the way to number 5l. Simply because of that, hes a leg-end. Forget everything else he done for us if you want.Leg-end, end of story
Exactly. I think that run to the final in Istanbul is one of the best any club has had to any cup final. From the battle to get through the group, the injuries that hit the squad, and nearly all classic Liverpool games from the last in the group to the final.

Luis played a huge part in that run to the final, the story couldn't be told without him. Which is what I think makes a legend.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:42:11 pm by Harry_Wong »
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2008, 07:51:59 pm »
Simply because of that, hes a leg-end. Leg-end, end of story

He's a foot... or a dick/fanny  ???
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2008, 09:52:09 pm »
It was one of the most memorable Liverpool goals in years. More than many players, he had the guts to go for the most audacious choice when he saw an opportunity, and he often had the technique to execute it perfectly too. Beating Buffon, the world's most expensive keeper, over his head, from 25 or 30 yards, on the volley, was amazing.
Exactly. I think that run to the final in Istanbul is one of the best any club has had to any cup final. From the battle to get through the group, the injuries that hit the squad, and nearly all classic Liverpool games from the last in the group to the final.

Luis played a huge part in that run to the final, the story couldn't be told without him. Which is what I think makes a legend.

Sorry, agree about the special moments, but I say again, legend, my arse.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 10:31:12 pm by redprodigal »

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #283 on: December 26, 2008, 12:00:04 am »
Each person has their own definition, understanding/perspective of what a legend is... even Sean Dundee is a legend in his own unique type of way and there's no doubt about that.  It's actually easy to be a legend.  Then again, many people believe it's difficult to be a legend.  It's no big deal really.  They are playing with the football.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 26, 2008, 12:05:31 pm »
He might not be an all-time great or a legend like Dalglish or Rush but his exploits in our CL victory of 2005 have earned him legendary status. Those moments will still be talked about in 50 years time.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #285 on: December 26, 2008, 12:24:37 pm »
Sorry, agree about the special moments, but I say again, legend, my arse.

Agree.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #286 on: December 26, 2008, 12:25:12 pm »
He might not be an all-time great or a legend like Dalglish or Rush but his exploits in our CL victory of 2005 have earned him legendary status. Those moments will still be talked about in 50 years time.

Djimi Traore too i suppose.

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 26, 2008, 12:38:04 pm »
Wow i've cringed alot at some of this last couple of posts.

he is a cult hero, a legend? jesus christ.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 26, 2008, 12:46:58 pm »
When did Djimi score a cracker on the way to a European  title?,or even score the goal that got us the to the final?,Garcia is remembered fondly for all the right reasons.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #289 on: December 26, 2008, 12:58:58 pm »
Anyone who took part in the miracle of Istanbul deserves to still be talked about in 50 years.

Apart from Harry Kewell.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 26, 2008, 01:01:34 pm »

What a poor comparison. Did Djimi score five goals en route to the final? Two of them arguably two of the most famous goals in our history?

Wow i've cringed alot at some of this last couple of posts.

he is a cult hero, a legend? jesus christ.

Sounds like you have difficulty understanding different meanings of the words legend and legendary.

Solksjaer is not an all-time Manchester United great. He's not a legend in terms of their pantheon of top players. But his goal in the '99 European Cup final has secured him legendary status, and as such, makes him a Manchester United legend. The Mancs will be talking about him in 50 years. Just as I'll be telling my grandkids about the goal Garcia put past Buffon, or the legendary goal against Chelsea.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2008, 01:09:42 pm »
A player is not remembered for their constant mistakes and giving away of the ball, which Garcia was very accustomed to. They are remembered for their highlights and contributions to winning competitions. Garcia scored a few brilliant goals for us, and definitely played a a big part in getting us to the Champions League final. But, as I watched all the games, and remember the frustration more than the one or two great goals he scored. He'll not be a legend in my eyes, but he will be remembered and will be apart of the Liverpool history, regardless of my opinion.

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2008, 01:16:06 pm »
Neil D im not having a problem with anything, its all about perception and what you regard a legend as being.

for me its king kenny, rush, stevie, tommy smith, etc.

not anyone who scored a couple of important goals.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »
Garcia will be remembered in the same way as davey fairclough (st etienne), garcia chelsea, etc and thats all.
To call him a legend would be to put him in the same bracket as king kenny, so no more needs saying.
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2008, 01:29:43 pm »
Neil D im not having a problem with anything, its all about perception and what you regard a legend as being.

Ditto. A legend has to be a huge presence at the club. We've had hundreds of great players in our history, but "legends" is a different category. Legends: Billy Liddell, St. John, Hunt, Clemence, Hughes, Souness, Dalglish, Rush, Hanson, Grobbelaar, Barnes, Fowler, Owen, Gerrard. We could maybe add a few more to that list, but it's a pretty prestigious accolade. Now think of those players and then think of Garcia, you're having a laugh thinking of them in the same light, he's not even one of the hundreds of great players we've had. He was a very good player who scored a few great goals.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2008, 01:30:28 pm »
Garcia will be remembered in the same way as davey fairclough (st etienne), garcia chelsea, etc and thats all.
To call him a legend would be to put him in the same bracket as king kenny, so no more needs saying.
garcia is a legend in the same way dudek is and smicer is not in the same way as dalglish and the likes , garcia dudek smicer gained legendary statues for the contribution to the 2005 CL win . plus in luis case also his semi final fa cup goal at old trafford vs chelsea .

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2008, 01:33:55 pm »
garcia is a legend in the same way dudek is and smicer is not in the same way as dalglish and the likes , garcia dudek smicer gained legendary statues for the contribution to the 2005 CL win . plus in luis case also his semi final fa cup goal at old trafford vs chelsea .
No chance, you devalue the word legendary.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2008, 01:34:15 pm »
garcia is a legend in the same way dudek is and smicer is not in the same way as dalglish and the likes , garcia dudek smicer gained legendary statues for the contribution to the 2005 CL win .

That's a good example. You're right in a way, they are a part of ourr history now, and will always be remembered for their contributions. But you need to do that on more than one occasion to be a legend. Gerrard has been doing it for years, and is definitely a legend!

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 26, 2008, 01:35:22 pm »
That's a good example. You're right in a way, they are a part of ourr history now, and will always be remembered for their contributions. But you need to do that on more than one occasion to be a legend. Gerrard has been doing it for years, and is definitely a legend!
Exactly

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 26, 2008, 01:56:50 pm »
A player is not remembered for their constant mistakes and giving away of the ball, which Garcia was very accustomed to. They are remembered for their highlights and contributions to winning competitions. Garcia scored a few brilliant goals for us, and definitely played a a big part in getting us to the Champions League final. But, as I watched all the games, and remember the frustration more than the one or two great goals he scored. He'll not be a legend in my eyes, but he will be remembered and will be apart of the Liverpool history, regardless of my opinion.

I don't remember CONSTANT mistakes and giving away of the ball from Garcia because it didn't happen. He also scored around 30 goals for us, most of them crackers. Now it sounds like you didn't watch all the games or your memory is very poor, but I doubt that mate, it's probably just your were clouded by the moans and groans of some fans. Not being funny but go back and look, I could list wonder goal after wonder goal, assist after assist that he contributed that won us games.

Fair enough mate, that's up to you. But it wasn't a couple of important goals, it was a lot of important goals and assists. Five in Europe that year we won the cup. That stunning goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final the year after. Loads of winning goals, equalisers and assists in the league... if you went back and looked you'd realise for an attacking midfielder he helped us win a lot of games.

Ditto. A legend has to be a huge presence at the club. We've had hundreds of great players in our history, but "legends" is a different category. Legends: Billy Liddell, St. John, Hunt, Clemence, Hughes, Souness, Dalglish, Rush, Hanson, Grobbelaar, Barnes, Fowler, Owen, Gerrard. We could maybe add a few more to that list, but it's a pretty prestigious accolade. Now think of those players and then think of Garcia, you're having a laugh thinking of them in the same light, he's not even one of the hundreds of great players we've had. He was a very good player who scored a few great goals.

He definitely is one of the hundreds of great players we've had. Fowler or Owen are legends (Owen less so, given the manner he left the club) but what did they actually contribute to us in terms of winning trophies? A couple of league cups for Robbie and a UEFA cup, an FA Cup, UEFA Cup and League Cup for Owen. Neither of them contributed to us winning the Champions League or FA Premier League. Garcia was the main man alongside Carragher and Gerrard that won us number five in 2005, so even though he wasn't a legend like those two, his best moments have achieved him legendary status in my eyes.

Dudek is nowhere near a Liverpool great. But for that night in Istanbul, he is part of our history, and will be remembered as a Liverpool legend, if not a legendary player.

At the end of the day it's just semantics, and seems a bit of a pointless argument really.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2008, 02:34:12 pm »
I don't remember CONSTANT mistakes and giving away of the ball from Garcia because it didn't happen. He also scored around 30 goals for us, most of them crackers. Now it sounds like you didn't watch all the games or your memory is very poor, but I doubt that mate, it's probably just your were clouded by the moans and groans of some fans. Not being funny but go back and look, I could list wonder goal after wonder goal, assist after assist that he contributed that won us games.

I don't need to go back and look, 'cos when you go back and looks all you see is highlights, which obscures the reality, which is that he contributed to our inconsistency. I remember being constantly frustrated by him being weak on the ball or giving it away easily, he did that on a consistent basis. As did Milan Baros, and we now see it in Benayoun and Babel. Players like that have glimpses of greatness, but for the most part are very frustrating because they don't live up to their potential, and over a long season will not win you enough games to challenge for a title. We are challenging this year (at least so far), but it's not because of Babel or Benayoun. Babel scored against Arsenal and Chelsea last year in the Champions league final, are you saying if we won it that year, he should be labelled a "legend". OR do I not watch all the games he plays now either?

Offline driyo

• Legacy Fan
  • Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2008, 02:39:14 pm »

Rawk in re-writing history shocker  >:(

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2008, 02:49:41 pm »
Rawk in re-writing history shocker  >:(

Okay sorry, 30 goals in 3 years, not bad. 121 first team appearances. Not all 30 were "great goals", the Chelsea goal was not even definitely a goal, but it was great in what it meant.

As Neil D said, this is an arbitrary argument.

Fair play to him for showing respect to the club, and finding it hard to move on. He obviously enjoyed his time here, and he definitely gave us some great memories.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2008, 02:50:16 pm »
I don't need to go back and look, 'cos when you go back and looks all you see is highlights, which obscures the reality, which is that he contributed to our inconsistency. I remember being constantly frustrated by him being weak on the ball or giving it away easily, he did that on a consistent basis. As did Milan Baros, and we now see it in Benayoun and Babel. Players like that have glimpses of greatness, but for the most part are very frustrating because they don't live up to their potential, and over a long season will not win you enough games to challenge for a title. We are challenging this year (at least so far), but it's not because of Babel or Benayoun. Babel scored against Arsenal and Chelsea last year in the Champions league final, are you saying if we won it that year, he should be labelled a "legend". OR do I not watch all the games he plays now either?

Sounds like you don't remember very clearly at all or know what makes a great attacking player of his mould.

Attacking flair players of his mould are 'highlights' players. They try something four or five times and on the sixth occasion it comes off and they either score or create a goal. Just like Pires or just like Joe Cole.

Luis scored loads more goals and contributed a lot more assists than players like Yossi or Babel and was a much more important part of our team. He wasn't the problem in that side - the strikers were. I'd love to have Luis circa 2005-06 in our team now playing with better forwards, a better defence, goalkeeper and central midfield.

Offline driyo

• Legacy Fan
  • Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2008, 02:53:36 pm »
And for the record: football is about those magic moment like the ones that happened throughout the 2004-2005 season.

What is it with men all wanting to shove down labels down our throats: who is a legend, and who isn't, all the while diminishing the magic of that season just to prove a point?!?!

I, for one, am grateful to that team, whether or not it consists of legends (determined by the internet brigade of course, who think he'll/she'll score cool-points if (s)he criticizes ex-players that gave us the best footballing moment in the last 20 years or so)

:wanker

That is all..

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2008, 02:53:37 pm »
Okay sorry, 30 goals in 3 years, not bad. 121 first team appearances. Not all 30 were "great goals", the Chelsea goal was not even definitely a goal, but it was great in what it meant.

As Neil D said, this is an arbitrary argument.

Fair play to him for showing respect to the club, and finding it hard to move on. He obviously enjoyed his time here, and he definitely gave us some great memories.

1 in 4 for an attacking midfielder who spent a lot of time on the bench. Bloody great record that.

I bet if you watched those 30 goals again at least 15 were fucking screamers - blasted strikes from distance, long range lobs, wonder headers...

I'd take him over Yossi or Ryan or Riera or Dirk any day.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2008, 04:03:55 pm »
1 in 4 for an attacking midfielder who spent a lot of time on the bench. Bloody great record that.

I bet if you watched those 30 goals again at least 15 were fucking screamers - blasted strikes from distance, long range lobs, wonder headers...

I'd take him over Yossi or Ryan or Riera or Dirk any day.

He was on the bench for a reason, because the manager was as frustrated as people like me. Same reason the likes of Babel and Benayoun are on the bench. They don't do it often enough.

Fuck's sake give Reira a chance, he's only just got here and I rate him highly. He doesn't lose the ball easily, keeps possession in very tight spaces, he did it against the best opposition in Man U and Chelsea, and he's only here a few months. 

Plus, he just scored so shush, lol.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »
He was on the bench for a reason, because the manager was as frustrated as people like me. Same reason the likes of Babel and Benayoun are on the bench. They don't do it often enough.

Fuck's sake give Riera a chance, he's only just got here and I rate him highly. He doesn't lose the ball easily, keeps possession in very tight spaces, he did it against the best opposition in Man U and Chelsea, and he's only here a few months. 

Plus, he just scored so shush, lol.

He was on the bench sometimes because we used a strict rotation system and he was still very effective as a bench player, coming on to win us many games. But he made far more starts than Babel or Benayoun and offered us far more, so that's another weak comparison.

I love Riera and have no problem with him, I think he's a very good player, so I don't know what that's all about. I just rate Luis higher. I don't know what exactly Albert did against United and Chelsea that was so special either... he is better at retaining possesion than Garcia, but he certainly has a long way to go to measure up to King Luis in terms of contribution.

"shush, lol"

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #308 on: December 26, 2008, 05:50:36 pm »
He was on the bench sometimes because we used a strict rotation system and he was still very effective as a bench player, coming on to win us many games. But he made far more starts than Babel or Benayoun and offered us far more, so that's another weak comparison.

I love Riera and have no problem with him, I think he's a very good player, so I don't know what that's all about. I just rate Luis higher. I don't know what exactly Albert did against United and Chelsea that was so special either... he is better at retaining possesion than Garcia, but he certainly has a long way to go to measure up to King Luis in terms of contribution.

"shush, lol"

Well, you're saying he's better than Reira already, and he's only with us 4 months. Garcia had 3 years. If we win the league this year, I'm sure Reira will have made a big contribution to that end, and therefor will be just as valuable to us as Garcia was when we won the CL in '05.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 26, 2008, 05:58:34 pm »
Well, you're saying he's better than Riera already, and he's only with us 4 months. Garcia had 3 years. If we win the league this year, I'm sure Riera will have made a big contribution to that end, and therefor will be just as valuable to us as Garcia was when we won the CL in '05.

We shall see.

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2008, 06:09:06 pm »
Well, you're saying he's better than Riera already, and he's only with us 4 months. Garcia had 3 years. If we win the league this year, I'm sure Riera will have made a big contribution to that end, and therefor will be just as valuable to us as Garcia was when we won the CL in '05.

Even if we win the double I don't think Riera would be viewed under the same light. The fondness with which players are remembered is about more than simply whether we won everything or not. Luis has a special place in many peoples hearts, not only did he get some unbelievable amazing goals, but he did it in a style, and with a flair, that does set him apart.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2008, 08:43:52 pm »
Even if we win the double I don't think Riera would be viewed under the same light. The fondness with which players are remembered is about more than simply whether we won everything or not. Luis has a special place in many peoples hearts, not only did he get some unbelievable amazing goals, but he did it in a style, and with a flair, that does set him apart.

The goal against Juventus was sublime, his only stand out unforgettable goal. I've seen players like Peter Beardsley, Steve Mc Mahon and Steve Mac Mannaman score goals just as unbelievable, yet they would not be regarded "Legends" like Dalglish, Rush or Gerrard. You have to earn that over a long period of service and consistent delivery!

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #312 on: December 26, 2008, 09:57:23 pm »
Legend status lies in the eye of the beholder. I don't think he is a legend, but you can't ignore that he was a special player who could have put in a good case for being a Liverpool great had he stayed for a few more years with more moments like that. Since there is a good amount of people thinking he is a legend of some sort, I'd put him up as a cult hero for us. So legend no but a cult hero definitely.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #313 on: December 26, 2008, 10:34:56 pm »
Was boring trying to defend his not unsubstantial contribution while he was at the club. Sodding folly now that he's gone. The kind of player who certain fans will only ever be able to appreciate when he plays for a different club and they can't pick fault in his flaws and idosyncracies.

Bet half of the idiots dismissing him were pissing themselves with delight watching Hleb or Joe Cole last season.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2008, 10:54:24 pm »
I loved Luis and his contribution to 2005 will never be forgotten, but he is not a legend, he is a good player who had moments of genius (like Fairclough, McManaman and one or two others).

He is definately a top bloke however, who will always be 'one of us'

Offline eviled

• Kemlynite
« Reply #315 on: December 27, 2008, 01:18:59 am »
Luis Garcia came with sublime skills that yielded results, often in moments when they were needed most.  I think the last part is key to Garcia, and sets him apart from our a lot of our widemen.  In the beginning, he struggled with the physical nature of the English game, but improved tremendously by the end of the first season.  I don't see many people mention this aspect of Luis: he often tracked back and put in a full blooded tackle on opponents that were usually a couple of stone heavier.  No bottler, he.

He worked hard, he weaved magic, he bailed us out regularly.  Whether he achieved legend status is a matter of definition.  But what is certain for me is this: we never filled the hole left by Luis Garcia.  Wild thing...
Five twenty five number five, ten fifteen Epic Swindle.

Offline eviled

• Kemlynite
« Reply #316 on: December 27, 2008, 01:22:06 am »
Also, he scored goals from everywhere and with any body part.  I am certain that if he had stayed a little longer, he would have put one in with his ar53.
Five twenty five number five, ten fifteen Epic Swindle.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2008, 06:40:54 am »
He put a couple in with his chest didn't he?
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2008, 08:02:13 am »
Yes i agree he isnt no where near the dalglish's liddell's souness's of this liverpool world but i say legend for garcia because in 20,30,40,50 etc years  he will always be a player who will be remembered  like dudek will for the 2005 champions league win .

OK he wasn't a legendary player for his ability alone because good player that he was and still is for atletico its he contribution with special goals that will be remembered in history so IE 30 years time someone asked that great chelsea game in 2005 who scored it oh luis garcia he was brilliant in that run he scored some great goals so on and so on .

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2008, 08:10:54 am »
The goal against Juventus was sublime, his only stand out unforgettable goal. I've seen players like Peter Beardsley, Steve Mc Mahon and Steve Mac Mannaman score goals just as unbelievable, yet they would not be regarded "Legends" like Dalglish, Rush or Gerrard. You have to earn that over a long period of service and consistent delivery!
His goal verse Cheaslki in the Fa cup(his 11ith of the season) was not "sublime"?,some people are very hard to please it seems.......