Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546277 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #2440 on: October 26, 2021, 10:55:19 am »
Klopp described him as a pressing machine when we first bought him, or something to that effect. He's relentless but in a quiet, unassuming way so it probably goes unnoticed. He was brilliant the other day, hopefully he'll kick on now because we know he's got goals in him.

He has 4 in 8 games so far, so not like he's not already coming up with goals.

I think Diogo will be even better now he has won the FIFA inivitational tournament. A huge weight off his shoulders.  ;)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2441 on: October 26, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »
Klopp described him as a pressing machine when we first bought him, or something to that effect. He's relentless but in a quiet, unassuming way so it probably goes unnoticed. He was brilliant the other day, hopefully he'll kick on now because we know he's got goals in him.

Can you tell us why Diogo was someone you wanted to bring to Liverpool?

Oh my god, plenty of reasons! He’s a player who gives us so many options to use him. He’s 23 years old, still far away from being kind of a finished article, so much potential. He has the speed, he can combine, can defend, can press. It makes it just more unpredictable and gives us real options for different systems because he can play pretty much all three positions up front in a 4-3-3, if we play with four midfielders he can play both wings. So, these kinds of things. It’s just nice. And he has some natural things which we have in our game, like this desire and the greed and the direction. He is part of this unbelievable Portuguese generation in the moment, where they have really a lot of obviously quite skilled players. We saw the Portuguese team last time, it’s quite impressive. So, I’m really happy to have him here. And on top of that, a really good guy and really happy to be here.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #2442 on: October 26, 2021, 07:39:43 pm »
United must hate the site of him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: October 26, 2021, 10:39:09 pm »
United must hate the site of him.
7 matches, 4 wins and 3 draws against them with us and Wolves, scored 4 goals. Jota hates the site of them too.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: October 26, 2021, 10:40:39 pm »
One thing that surprised me is he is very good in headers. Perfect timing, can head it quite hard too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: October 26, 2021, 10:48:42 pm »
Only second to Eusebio as Portugal's greatest in my eyes.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: October 27, 2021, 08:37:45 am »
He was quality at the weekend, great movement and he played some excellent passes too

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: October 27, 2021, 12:28:03 pm »
He was quality at the weekend, great movement and he played some excellent passes too

always has great movement.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: October 27, 2021, 12:44:41 pm »

You can't beat Alex Ferguson when it comes to showing great movement on the shoulder.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2449 on: October 27, 2021, 02:09:27 pm »
You can't beat Alex Ferguson when it comes to showing great movement on the shoulder.

Cutting right to the bowels of the discussion...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: October 28, 2021, 02:05:23 pm »

100%
I was more impressed with his link up play than usual

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2451 on: October 28, 2021, 02:27:19 pm »

All our forwards look better/find life easier when Firmino plays. Jota doesn't get the opportunity to experience this privilege very often.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2452 on: October 29, 2021, 03:19:09 pm »
Great fun to watch Jota's expression after he scored, just looks at Milly with a blank, placid facial expression as if it's all no big deal, more goals coming...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2453 on: October 30, 2021, 06:40:04 pm »
Any reason why he only got 12 mins today? Not like we were pulling any trees in the second half. Surely should have been on around the 55-65th min?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2454 on: October 30, 2021, 07:08:43 pm »
Any reason why he only got 12 mins today? Not like we were pulling any trees in the second half. Surely should have been on around the 55-65th min?
I think that Bobby was working his ass off trying to connect the dots, so maybe Klopp wanted to give him more time. But I too think I'd wanted to see Jota coming on earlier.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: October 30, 2021, 09:15:23 pm »
We're a better side with him in it, has to start week in week out for me.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2456 on: November 3, 2021, 10:12:45 pm »
Keegan-esque how good in the air he is for his size. Becoming a consistent goalscorer. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: November 3, 2021, 10:12:58 pm »
Has to start every game for me, he is just so dangerous.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: November 3, 2021, 10:31:57 pm »
For me the best Portuguese player in the world right now.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2459 on: November 4, 2021, 07:29:59 pm »
He is out new Erik Meijer. Seem to score more goals with his head than foot.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2460 on: November 4, 2021, 07:39:02 pm »
Has to start every game for me, he is just so dangerous.

He works really hard as well. It will be fascinating to see how he does when Salah and Mane are at Afcon.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2461 on: November 4, 2021, 11:06:58 pm »
This is an interesting stat of Jota's goals for us.

Right-foot: 8
Header: 6
Left-foot: 4
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: November 5, 2021, 06:06:26 am »
What a wonderful little player. Brilliant recruitment by us.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: November 5, 2021, 09:10:15 am »

Jota is genuinely three footed.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #2464 on: November 5, 2021, 09:16:26 am »

That makes him a pain to deal with as you can't show him on his left or right, and you know that giving him a chance to head the ball is a bad idea too. 18 in 43 apps and he has probably only started 30 or so games. I'm excited to see how he will progress with us.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2465 on: November 5, 2021, 11:44:56 am »
That makes him a pain to deal with as you can't show him on his left or right, and you know that giving him a chance to head the ball is a bad idea too. 18 in 43 apps and he has probably only started 30 or so games. I'm excited to see how he will progress with us.

Yeah, his goals per game stat doesn't really tell the true story due to his appearances from the bench. His minutes per goal stat of 148 (all comps) is a better indicator, and his PL minutes per goal is even better at 132.  Small sample size for now, but if he could somehow keep up those numbers he would be in elite company.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: November 5, 2021, 11:47:49 am »
Yeah, his goals per game stat doesn't really tell the true story due to his appearances from the bench. His minutes per goal stat of 148 (all comps) is a better indicator, and his PL minutes per goal is even better at 132.  Small sample size for now, but if he could somehow keep up those numbers he would be in elite company.

His movement is second to none - always pulling defenders out, making great timed runs, and then the overall willingness to find the ball. He plays like a much "bigger" player. Also faster than I realized.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: November 5, 2021, 11:53:46 am »
If he played for any other club you'd never hear the end of how incredible he is. Flying under the radar so much at Liverpool because we've got three other attackers who are just as brilliant. What a signing!
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #2468 on: November 5, 2021, 12:17:48 pm »

Weird thing is, he barely ever scored headers before joining us, but he has those six plus four for Portugal in World Cup qualifying. Wonder if it was another stat thing the recruitment guys noticed, or maybe he's just improved.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: November 5, 2021, 12:26:00 pm »
Weird thing is, he barely ever scored headers before joining us, but he has those six plus four for Portugal in World Cup qualifying. Wonder if it was another stat thing the recruitment guys noticed, or maybe he's just improved.

he has some special players delivering him crosses - probably better than anything Wolves had. Not sure who plays on the wings for Portugal.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: November 5, 2021, 03:19:28 pm »
Keegan-esque how good in the air he is for his size. Becoming a consistent goalscorer.
That gave me a flashback .... first game Keegan ever played for us, came on as a sub and just about his first touch was an outrageous looping header from about 25 yards, trying to catch out the goalie.  The crowd couldn't decide if he was a nutter or a genius. 

Then he spent the rest of the game at a full sprint.  I remember ppl around me kinda chuckling "you can't keep the up lad" which he kinda did.

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: November 5, 2021, 09:27:05 pm »
That gave me a flashback .... first game Keegan ever played for us, came on as a sub and just about his first touch was an outrageous looping header from about 25 yards, trying to catch out the goalie.  The crowd couldn't decide if he was a nutter or a genius. 

Then he spent the rest of the game at a full sprint.  I remember ppl around me kinda chuckling "you can't keep the up lad" which he kinda did.

Love this
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: November 5, 2021, 09:31:03 pm »
Love this
tune in next week for another episode of "All Our Yesterdays" :)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: November 5, 2021, 09:36:03 pm »
Said it after his first game for us - reminds me a lot of Fowler where he just seems to know the runs to make, gets himself in the right place and can score all kinds of goals.

I think he's great, a perfect addition to the team.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2474 on: November 5, 2021, 10:27:54 pm »
Said it after his first game for us - reminds me a lot of Fowler where he just seems to know the runs to make, gets himself in the right place and can score all kinds of goals.

I think he's great, a perfect addition to the team.
Agree completely. Hes so good in the box, clever and calm like a seasoned striker. Finishes on goal most of the time, where many midfielders and wingers overwork the situations.  Would probably be great in a classic 442 striker pair too.

Obviously Klopp has done a lot of training to time the crosses with his runs too, but it's not luck

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: November 6, 2021, 10:12:32 am »
Still amazed how many headers he scored

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: November 6, 2021, 10:16:36 am »
Still amazed how many headers he scored

It's all because of his General Aladeen haircut.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: November 7, 2021, 08:08:55 am »
I was impressed with him at Wolves, most of the play I saw from him was running from deep, usually from the left, he looked quick and was good for the odd goal. I had no idea he was such a good finisher especially these headed goals, I wonder if his heading is a new part to his game or if he has always been good at it.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2478 on: November 7, 2021, 08:22:20 am »
For me the best Portuguese player in the world right now.
And the thing is, he's 24. There is still some improvement we can look forward to and more consistency which would make him a frightening little player. Pops up unmarked and unnoticed, finishes it off!
Even aganst Atleti- considering he played for them for 2 seasons, he showed no signs of their shithousery when things heated up, cause he's just a likeable, hard working, honest lad.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2021, 08:31:26 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: November 7, 2021, 09:41:39 am »
I think I’ve said this before but he is the least looking Portuguese person I’ve ever seen. He looks like he’s from Bootle.