Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1319216 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #15040 on: September 29, 2022, 10:26:30 am »
She's literally said again the max you'll pay on your energy is £2500. Honestly she's a stupid twat isn't she.

Ive just had my bill, its going to be £600 a month electric only. There was no reduction written on my bill.

How do this government help show on the bill?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15041 on: September 29, 2022, 10:27:14 am »
She's literally said again the max you'll pay on your energy is £2500. Honestly she's a stupid twat isn't she.

That's so fucking dangerous. Martin Lewis is being drowned out on this - but the message needs to be made so loudly that absolutely nobody's bill is capped at £2,500. People in poorly insulated/large households will pay significantly more. They'll pay a LOT less than they would have without the energy bills scheme, but still could be double that.

It's based on unit cost. The absolutely fucking disaster of the Govt comms on this is they haven't absolutely nailed down the "use less, pay less" message. Obviously its easier said than done, but its so essential.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15042 on: September 29, 2022, 10:28:05 am »
Would love this twat to explain who and what he means

It's clearly addressing the radical shift from traditional economic policy. Whereas Labour were seen as "tax and spend" and the tories were about cutting taxes and efficiency savings, Truss has developed the "cut tax, spend loads  then borrow, rob, steal and check behind the sofa for loose chage" economic model.;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:34:46 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15043 on: September 29, 2022, 10:28:47 am »
If they announce massive public spending cuts next, do we have an idea how the market will react?

They will love it but politically she would get battered.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15044 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:33 am »
Each interview is a car crash. Beyond parody surely

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: September 29, 2022, 10:32:07 am »
That's so fucking dangerous. Martin Lewis is being drowned out on this - but the message needs to be made so loudly that absolutely nobody's bill is capped at £2,500. People in poorly insulated/large households will pay significantly more. They'll pay a LOT less than they would have without the energy bills scheme, but still could be double that.

It's based on unit cost. The absolutely fucking disaster of the Govt comms on this is they haven't absolutely nailed down the "use less, pay less" message. Obviously its easier said than done, but its so essential.

Her words will cause many old people or people not savvy on energy costs to massively overspend this winter. It really is dangerous. She has no idea what she's talking about on any of it. It's so dangerous.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15046 on: September 29, 2022, 10:33:35 am »

Maybe she meant per month?

I remember the pig fucker pulling one of these regional radio PR stunts. He got absolutely slaughtered.  Hope the same happens for Truss. She'd have been better off doing an ask me anything on twitter 

Popcorn's Art

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15047 on: September 29, 2022, 10:33:44 am »
BBC Leeds first. Her first question - Where have you been? :D

She’ll get a grilling and will give some shite, rehearsed answers to questions she wanted to get, rather than will get. Just a question of how much people give a shit.

Matt Chorley@MattChorley
Ahahaha. Liz Truss ladles on how pleased she is to be on BBC Leeds. But is repeatedly pushed by @therimaahmed on her absence during a week of chaos. “Where have you been?”

Matt Chorley@MattChorley
“Are you ashamed of what you’ve done? Are you?” BBC Kent not pissing about this morning

Matt Chorley@MattChorley
Utterly bizarre response to her own local BBC station asking why the roof of the local hospital is held up by dozens of props. Truss tells BBC Norfolk that she will lobby the health secretary as a local MP. But won’t make promises on her behalf. What?!?

Matt Chorley@MattChorley
BBC Bristol: "That is the same scripted answer you have given to every local radio station this morning. "Your Chancellor, on Friday, opened up the stable door and spooked the horses so much you could almost see the economy being dragged behind them."

Matt Chorley@MattChorley
BBC Radio Bristol's @jhansonradio also not pissing about: “It's hard to know what is falling more since you entered Downing Street, the value of the pound or the Tory poll rating”

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15048 on: September 29, 2022, 10:34:03 am »
Still though, if she makes it to the next election (a big IF), based on this evidence her campaign performance might make Theresa May's 2017 campaign look like Blair in 1997.  It could be one for the ages.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: September 29, 2022, 10:35:51 am »
Her words will cause many old people or people not savvy on energy costs to massively overspend this winter. It really is dangerous. She has no idea what she's talking about on any of it. It's so dangerous.

Yep dangerous lie. Worth sharing this:

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1575073078119235584
Pls share to stop confusion.

THERE IS NO £2,500 CAP ON ENERGY BILLS.

Instead the new 1 Oct guarantee, like the old caps, limits
- Daily charge (28p gas, 46p elec)
- & Unit rates (10p/kWh gas, 34p/kWh elec)

So use more, pay more. £2,500 is just what someone with avg use'd pay

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15050 on: September 29, 2022, 10:37:25 am »
She certainly isn't.

And by saying that all our problems are due to the war in Ukraine she is simply encouraging the British people to ditch Zelensky and bring the war to a swift end.
And I'm sure Putin didn't calculate in this happening .
In his eyes he now has part of Ukraine he considers his and can 'defend'. If he can persuade governments of Ukrainian allies that the energy price will collapse overnight if they stop assisting Ukraine and let him hold his gains it will be a massive victory for him .
I struggle to use the word victory for anyone that has inflicted the horrors he has. But I haven't a better word to hand .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15051 on: September 29, 2022, 10:38:15 am »

Gonna reiterate my analogy. It's like saying petrol is capped at £2 a litre .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15052 on: September 29, 2022, 10:39:25 am »

But the media are equally culpable. As you and others here (and elsewhere) have stated, it should never have been linked to average use/household as then gets totally lost / glossed over / not reported.

When I first heard of the cap, I too - even though it made no sense - thought that it was a hard cap.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15053 on: September 29, 2022, 10:40:18 am »
She's even worse than I imagined.

And I thought she'd be fucking abysmal

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15054 on: September 29, 2022, 10:40:42 am »
Ive just had my bill, its going to be £600 a month electric only. There was no reduction written on my bill.

How on earth do you get a bill of 600 quid a month?! Do you have a heat pump?

Not sure how it shows on a paper bill. I am with Octopus Energy and can see my direct dept is 60 odd quid less than it was last month.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15055 on: September 29, 2022, 10:41:22 am »
Still though, if she makes it to the next election (a big IF), based on this evidence her campaign performance might make Theresa May's 2017 campaign look like Blair in 1997.  It could be one for the ages.

It'll be amazing if Truss makes it to Halloween in a few weeks never mind the next election the way she's carrying on. :o

So who thought it'd be a good idea for Truss to go on local radio, thinking she'd have easy interviews, instead it's ended up being a car crash, as it seems she's got a pasting all over the place.
#Sausages

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15056 on: September 29, 2022, 10:41:47 am »

Do you run the national grid through your home?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15057 on: September 29, 2022, 10:43:28 am »

She's not being stupid, she's being knowingly duplicitous - hoping that (as filopastry says) enough people are dumb/sycophantic enough to believe it
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15058 on: September 29, 2022, 10:44:21 am »

By being punitive and annoying a few of those resident in our household we're modelled to have reduced from average user +50% to average user +10%.  In price cap terms that means a saving of £1k/year which goes some way to covering the costs of every other essential going up.

Sticking a bit of foil behind a radiator isn't going to make much difference by itself but I've gone to town and the electricity usage in-particular is considerably down.  The government absolutely should be encouraging less usage, just as most European nations have done, but for whatever reason they don't seem to want to.  I guess for them it's one of those "personal responsibility" moments but they could at least make it clear what the price cap is and what it isn't.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15059 on: September 29, 2022, 10:48:07 am »
Gonna reiterate my analogy. It's like saying petrol is capped at £2 a litre .

Only that they say it the other way round: "you will never pay more than £2500 per year for petrol", which of course is wrong.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #15060 on: September 29, 2022, 10:48:27 am »
But lets face it nothings gonna change, there has been a coup in the UK...a democratically elected Government has been ousted by a small extreme group with an extreme plan no one voted for ( bar 50,000 right wing nutters)....and no ones protesting!!....European Super league , thousands on the streets...this?...Nada!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15061 on: September 29, 2022, 10:49:55 am »

My energy supplier said they's included the new price cap, but excluded the £400 government support on their prediction. No idea if they all do that, but it makes sense as the £400 might be paid differently, depending on how you pay your bill.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15062 on: September 29, 2022, 10:51:20 am »
How on earth do you get a bill of 600 quid a month?! Do you have a heat pump?

Not sure how it shows on a paper bill. I am with Octopus Energy and can see my direct dept is 60 odd quid less than it was last month.

That doesnt include heating, that's just electric. Im very worried.
MY Gas is put into a LNG tank in the garden, dunno what that is going to cost
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15063 on: September 29, 2022, 10:52:34 am »

I'm not sure, you would have thought they'd love the tax cuts too but they didn't. Thats why I'm wondering if there'd be further turmoil when they announce spending cuts. I definitively hope so.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #15064 on: September 29, 2022, 10:53:10 am »
But lets face it nothings gonna change, there has been a coup in the UK...a democratically elected Government has been ousted by a small extreme group with an extreme plan no one voted for ( bar 50,000 right wing nutters)....and no ones protesting!!....European Super league , thousands on the streets...this?...Nada!

Your description is accurate, but I for one cannot see nothing changing after this. The Tories themselves will change it probably - those occasions like when a tearful Thatcher had to admit defeat. The ERG/Tufton St. gang are not omnipotent.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15065 on: September 29, 2022, 10:56:25 am »
Ovo told me they would debit my account as normal, but that the £400 subsidy would be applied to my (presume energy) account in six instalments, starting with a £66 one I think.

Thank goodness I live in a small, energy efficient property.  I'm feeling very angry on behalf of those effectively being penalised for having large or older homes, or had the gall to start families or get old.

Dread to think where I'll be in 10 to 15 years.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15066 on: September 29, 2022, 10:56:36 am »

Yes, but the damage is already done in the markets, it can’t be undone.

The political bartering will only continue

We are fucking fucked I’m afraid
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #15067 on: September 29, 2022, 11:00:20 am »
If they announce massive public spending cuts next, do we have an idea how the market will react?

Markets (bonds and currency anyway) would probably be positive if they thought it was deliverable, in reality I doubt anyone thinks big public spending savings are deliverable given where we are right now

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #15068 on: September 29, 2022, 11:00:34 am »
Your description is accurate, but I for one cannot see nothing changing after this. The Tories themselves will change it probably - those occasions like when a tearful Thatcher had to admit defeat. The ERG/Tufton St. gang are not omnipotent.

Ok this is my take, the hard right will be in government for the max time they have, pushing through any change they can...tax , employment laws, EU based Regs...etc...and lose the election by a landslide....but Labour will pick up a shit show...Tories will just bide their time, the damage will be done, Labour wont be able to turn it around, bit like the post war economic nightmare they picked up and became unpopular trying to put it right...The right having achieved what they want will probably let Boris back at the top.

The real culprits are the knobs who voted them in in the first place.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15069 on: September 29, 2022, 11:02:25 am »

Could be a wonder to behold
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: September 29, 2022, 11:02:34 am »

Football is more important  ;)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15071 on: September 29, 2022, 11:03:20 am »
It really is astonishing Truss won an election.

Even among the Tory members. She's a fundamentally poor speaker and communicator. Ignoring everything else it's madness.

They literally just voted for a cosplay Thatcher. It'd be the equivalent of us putting that bloke who dressed up as Klopp on the piss and duped GMB in the Euros as our next manager.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15072 on: September 29, 2022, 11:03:20 am »
That doesnt include heating, that's just electric. Im very worried.
MY Gas is put into a LNG tank in the garden, dunno what that is going to cost
You'll have to mothball the cannabis farm for a bit mate  ;)

Seriously though, that's a chunky leccy bill, how big's your gaff? Do you have heat pumps or charge electric cars, or is that just normal domestic use?

I never heard Truss announce a cap of £2,500, because I try to avoid anything she says. But it was obvious from all other commentators that the figure was what someone with average use would pay as opposed to being an overall cap. It's a good example of how incorrect mesaging can become the truth for some people though.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15073 on: September 29, 2022, 11:03:42 am »
Yes, but the damage is already done in the markets, it can’t be undone.

The political bartering will only continue

We are fucking fucked I’m afraid
Yes, that seemed to be the consensus amongst economists on a podcast I had on last night.  The policies in isolation aren't that damaging such that reversing some or all of them now would put everything back to how it was.  The market reaction was more because of the economic illiteracy and idealism of those now running the UK - if they're capable of reading that so poorly then what else are they capable of?  It's not even as though they weren't warned as they had Sunak labouring the point throughout the entire leadership campaign.

Regaining that trust is a long, hard road and the view of some of the economists was that the UK will never do so due to other structural issues.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15074 on: September 29, 2022, 11:05:36 am »
Ok this is my take, the hard right will be in government for the max time they have, pushing through any change they can...tax , employment laws, EU based Regs...etc...and lose the election by a landslide....but Labour will pick up a shit show...Tories will just bide their time, the damage will be done, Labour wont be able to turn it around, bit like the post war economic nightmare they picked up and became unpopular trying to put it right...The right having achieved what they want will probably let Boris back at the top.

The real culprits are the knobs who voted them in in the first place.

Which is why we need PR.

The Tories only ever govern on 35-40% of the vote and have no real right-wing opponents to split their vote. Meanwhile, more progressive parties get typically 50-60% of the vote but it's split between 3/4 parties (depending which part of UK) and end up out of power for the majority of the time.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15075 on: September 29, 2022, 11:07:03 am »

Seriously though, that's a chunky leccy bill, how big's your gaff? Do you have heat pumps or charge electric cars, or is that just normal domestic use?

I never heard Truss announce a cap of £2,500, because I try to avoid anything she says. But it was obvious from all other commentators that the figure was what someone with average use would pay as opposed to being an overall cap. It's a good example of how incorrect mesaging can become the truth for some people though.

That's what I was thinking - must be bloody huge!  ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15076 on: September 29, 2022, 11:07:37 am »

No leccy cars or heat pumps  :'(

Ive know the |£2500 ewas average use.  They got my bill from average use

Would a smart meter help?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15077 on: September 29, 2022, 11:08:14 am »

Which is why we need PR.

The Tories only ever govern on 35-40% of the vote and have no real right-wing opponents to split their vote. Meanwhile, more progressive parties get typically 50-60% of the vote but it's split between 3/4 parties (depending which part of UK) and end up out of power for the majority of the time.

Exactly.

The majority of people in the UK are not righ-wing pricks.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15078 on: September 29, 2022, 11:15:55 am »

Which is why we need PR.

But I think the right is operating to the current FPTP model and would react to PR with a new farther right party or parties.  The likes of UKIP - single policy populist issue parties - would become permanent parts of the landscape.

Those parties should take more of the electorate from the Tories than the other parties but as Brexit showed they don't necessarily operate along traditional party politics lines.  Meloni's speech about raging war on consumerism (left appealing) and woke (right appealing) would suck in voters from the whole spectrum but fundamentally she heads up a neo-Nazi party.  The more those extreme right parties are given air-time the more chance they have of bringing people over to their side, Frottage is a fine example of it.

I think PR may deny the Tories the opportunity to come back and finish what they've started but equally it may bring them back to power with a supercharged right wing agenda due to their coalition partners.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15079 on: September 29, 2022, 11:22:04 am »

Which is why we need PR.

still not yet part of the labour manifesto regardless

surely it only works if either everyone legally has to vote or a minimum percentage of the total electorate needs to vote - and even then, as with most voting systems, there are underhand tactics parties can use to manipulate voting
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend