Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317464 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #15480 on: October 2, 2022, 12:56:48 am »
The palace has confirmed he will not go to the summit, "after seeking advice from Truss".

That is interesting...wonder how royalist conservatives feel about the PM telling the king what to do.

Why the fuck is he even listening to her?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15481 on: October 2, 2022, 01:01:14 am »
Maybe Truss threatened - like she did with his mum - to hex him.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15483 on: October 2, 2022, 01:43:11 am »
Absolutely wild stories in the Times.

"Liz Truss has told King Charles III to “stay away” from COP27 summit as embattled PM looks to water down climate change commitments"

He's probably counting his blessings he doesn't have to share the stage with her.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15484 on: October 2, 2022, 01:43:27 am »
https://newsroom.bankofamerica.com/bernard-mensah

Seems that someone a The Mirror did not properly read the description at the stock photo agency, Alamy:

https://www.alamy.com/london-england-uk-28th-sep-2022-image484261729.html
blimey I bet that guy wasn't happy being mistaken for our charlatan Chancellor
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 01:45:41 am by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #15485 on: October 2, 2022, 08:40:16 am »

She´s already bumped off his ma. Doesn´t want to be next.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15486 on: October 2, 2022, 08:58:12 am »
Watching Truss on Kuenssberg currently.  Usual waffle and zero substance.  She’s focused on Ukraine apparently.  Let’s skip domestic considerations

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15487 on: October 2, 2022, 08:59:41 am »
Nadine Dorries: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson was one of the world’s great leaders. I’m baffled we kicked him out

https://archive.ph/fHs3O

I think she has been locked away in a lunatic asylum

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15488 on: October 2, 2022, 09:01:27 am »
Truss just confirmed the OBR report won’t be published by end of November.  Not sure if she got mixed up in waffling or actually means it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15489 on: October 2, 2022, 09:06:32 am »
Gove really going at Truss, with her just opposite. This is going to be a very interesting conference.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15490 on: October 2, 2022, 09:07:18 am »
Gove really going at Truss, with her just opposite. This is going to be a very interesting conference.

Yep he’s tearing her a new one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15491 on: October 2, 2022, 09:08:04 am »
Yep he’s tearing her a new one.

He said he wont vote for it. Now he is an outlier because he knows his days are numbered, but will be interesting to see.

Offline chalky52

• Main Stander
« Reply #15492 on: October 2, 2022, 09:14:19 am »
Well done to those who can sit through the interview I have had to mute it for my TVs well being and my own mental health. It shows how broken the political system is in the UK that she can become Prime Minister. She is incredibly vapid, has no personal charisma, no record of success in any government role the only reason anyone would follow her is for personal promotion. Are we in the situation where the Mail, Express & the rag decide our politics?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15493 on: October 2, 2022, 09:31:50 am »
Kami c*nt has just been thrown under the bus by Truss.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15494 on: October 2, 2022, 09:41:07 am »
Kwasi Kwarteng ‘attended champagne party with financiers on mini-budget day’

Guests, which included hedge fund managers, allegedly congratulated the chancellor and told him to ‘double down’

Kwasi Kwarteng reportedly attended a private champagne reception with hedge fund managers at the home of a Conservative donor on the same day he delivered his mini-budget.

The chancellor is alleged to have given guests information about forthcoming government spending cuts during the event at the west London home of Andrew Law, a financier, on the evening of Friday 23 September.

Kwarteng’s mini-budget earlier in the day, which introduced a £45bn package of tax cuts that will mostly benefit the richest fifth of households, triggered economic turmoil – with sterling collapsing to its lowest level since 1985 and the Bank of England acting to save pension funds.

The Labour leader, Keir Starmer, has called for the recall of parliament to address the financial crisis.

The chancellor is said to have told attenders at the reception of austerity-style budget cuts to come while guests drank wine, champagne and cocktails as they congratulated him on the measures announced in the House of Commons, according to the Sunday Times.

A source told the newspaper: “He wanted to give an unadulterated message of ‘growth, growth, growth’ and that’s why he didn’t talk about savings, because otherwise the [news] agenda would have been all about savings – ‘where will you cut? What will you cut? Blah blah blah’ – they’re fully aware they have to make savings.”

Two sources said Kwarteng described that day as a “great day for freedom”.

Another said guests told Kwarteng to “double down” – an approach from which some stood to make profits.

Tory officials told the Sunday Times that Kwarteng attended the gathering at Law’s home, which was arranged by the Conservative party’s campaign headquarters, for an hour to talk through his mini-budget plans and gave a five-minute speech.

The Liberal Democrat Treasury spokeswoman, Sarah Olney, said: “While struggling homeowners saw their mortgage bills spiral, it seems the chancellor was sipping champagne with hedge fund managers profiting from the falling pound.

“How out of touch can you get? We need an official inquiry into this now.”

A source close to the chancellor said: “Any suggestion attendees had access to privileged information is total nonsense.

“The growth plan [published earlier that day] included a commitment to review our tax code to make it simpler, better for families and more pro-growth. The government’s ambitions on lowering the tax burden are hardly a state secret.”

Kwarteng has said he will set out further details of his economic strategy when he publishes his medium-term fiscal plan on 23 November.

But the Treasury select committee, made up of MPs from all parties, has demanded that the chancellor release a full economic forecast from the Office for Budget Responsibility by the end of October.

The Treasury has been approached for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/01/kwasi-kwarteng-reportedly-spoke-of-austerity-cuts-at-champagne-party

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15495 on: October 2, 2022, 09:41:50 am »
Well done to those who can sit through the interview I have had to mute it for my TVs well being and my own mental health. It shows how broken the political system is in the UK that she can become Prime Minister. She is incredibly vapid, has no personal charisma, no record of success in any government role the only reason anyone would follow her is for personal promotion. Are we in the situation where the Mail, Express & the rag decide our politics?

She can’t even get the sound bites right. Grow the pie ffs

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15496 on: October 2, 2022, 09:43:31 am »

Guests, which included hedge fund managers, allegedly congratulated the chancellor and told him to ‘double down’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/01/kwasi-kwarteng-reportedly-spoke-of-austerity-cuts-at-champagne-party

Sounds like insider trading to me

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15497 on: October 2, 2022, 09:43:59 am »

Disgusted they weren't drinking Sparkling English wine.

Also, I hope he make the effort to have breakfast or even lunch with some the people who's benefits he's probably going to cut.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 09:46:22 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15498 on: October 2, 2022, 09:52:39 am »
Beeb paper review focusing on todays poll in the Observer that shows 71% of Tory voters believe the Tories have lost control of the economy and Labours lead over the Tories has shot up by 14points in the last week (from 5 to 19).

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15499 on: October 2, 2022, 10:37:58 am »
Beeb paper review focusing on todays poll in the Observer that shows 71% of Tory voters believe the Tories have lost control of the economy and Labours lead over the Tories has shot up by 14points in the last week (from 5 to 19).
That poll is the one that handles don't know answers differently, so 19 points is actually worse than the 33 point lead in the other polls.

Normally when you get poll numbers like this, someone ends up joining the Russian Federation.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15500 on: October 2, 2022, 11:02:52 am »
Sounds like insider trading to me

I was going to say. Surely that is out and out criminality?! Shouldn´t the Police be investigating something like this?

Normally when you get poll numbers like this, someone ends up joining the Russian Federation.

:D

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #15501 on: October 2, 2022, 11:12:22 am »

That is actually obscene advertising and worse than anything I have ever seen from the private sector, including miracle cures from the wild west. I am going to look in to complaining to the advertising standards agency
I did send it to fullfact.org and I did read than some were considering going to the ASA over it. As I said earlier I redid the calcs and came up with disposable income of £21 but the point remains that the so-called saving touted is virtually impossible to realise.
Full Fact have had a go at this. A slightly different take, but a similar conclusion.
https://fullfact.org/economy/treasury-terraced-house-tweet/

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15502 on: October 2, 2022, 11:27:40 am »
He said he wont vote for it. Now he is an outlier because he knows his days are numbered, but will be interesting to see.
I think this is quite significant…

Gove is a big presence… and what’s he got to lose?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15503 on: October 2, 2022, 11:31:45 am »
It's a while off yet, but am expecting to have to holiday with the brother in law. From memory he won't vote labour because Blair illegally killed millions of Iraqis.  I'm not sure if I could get him to look at the lib Dems or the greens, but how would you address this stance? I'm off balance because until t recently I assumed that he'd just been badly briefed but it seems the general stance is that he knew what he was doing?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15504 on: October 2, 2022, 11:43:22 am »
It's a while off yet, but am expecting to have to holiday with the brother in law. From memory he won't vote labour because Blair illegally killed millions of Iraqis.  I'm not sure if I could get him to look at the lib Dems or the greens, but how would you address this stance? I'm off balance because until t recently I assumed that he'd just been badly briefed but it seems the general stance is that he knew what he was doing?
I still believe that Tony Blair believed that Sadam had WMDs, a squaddy I know who was involved in the search for WMDs is convinced that he had them and moved them to Syria so they could not be found.

That's irrelevant today though, it was 20 years ago, Starmer was not even an MP when it happened, and there were only a handful of current MPs in parliament at the time.

The Tory scum also supported the war and you can guarantee would have made exactly the same call had they been on power.

I was not in favour of Iraq, mainly because it meant getting into bed with Bush. It was a costly error not just for the people of Iraq but for the voters in this country but as I said it was 20 years ago and is irrelevant with what is happening today

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15505 on: October 2, 2022, 11:53:36 am »
I understand it's 20 years ago. But that's the barrier I want to break down.  The fact the Tories backed it is probably more helpful.
Same argument that sadly can be held against labour over brexit.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15506 on: October 2, 2022, 11:53:50 am »
blimey I bet that guy wasn't happy being mistaken for our charlatan Chancellor
I expect that even Mugabe would have been unhappy being mistaken for Kwarteng. :D
Thought the.guy looked more like Mugabe to be honest
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15507 on: October 2, 2022, 12:22:02 pm »
Just catching up with the Truss interview this morning. Every time she opens her gob she makes things worse.

They literally couldn't have picked a worse leader.

She has no chance of winning a general election, her interviews are worse than Johnson's bumbling interviews

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15508 on: October 2, 2022, 12:40:38 pm »
People who voted Conservative in 2019 voted for a different future!

Well Liz, they certainly got one didn't they!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15509 on: October 2, 2022, 12:43:25 pm »

Blair isnt the leader now.

84 Labour MPs voted against, 2 Conservatives did. So tell him that Labour opposed it more than the Tories.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15510 on: October 2, 2022, 12:50:11 pm »
People who voted Conservative in 2019 voted for a different future!

Well Liz, they certainly got one didn't they!

People say that the electorate votes for the party, not its leader. But it's inevitable that a new leader will take their party in a new direction, and the country along with it.

She has no mandate from the people to be making these decisions, but of course she won't go to the country.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15511 on: October 2, 2022, 12:56:47 pm »

What about the hundreds of thousands UK citizens killed by the current government over COVID or the thousands who may die this winter due to poverty because of this government?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15512 on: October 2, 2022, 01:02:53 pm »
I understand it's 20 years ago. But that's the barrier I want to break down.  The fact the Tories backed it is probably more helpful.

Does your mate vote Tory? Because I´m sure I could list off a few bloody wars that started under their watch.

As others have said, Labour actually showed more opposition to that war then the Conservatives. Plus obviously, Blair hasn´t been leader for 15 years now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15513 on: October 2, 2022, 01:16:30 pm »
BREAKING:

Liz Truss has appointed Dominic Johnson, Tory donor & co-founder of Somerset Capital with Rees-Mogg, as trade minister

Announcement quietly dropped on gov.uk

He's being handed a peerage to boot

Confirms @fletcherr scoop

thetimes.co.uk/article/city-v…
Another ERG nasty Tory.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15514 on: October 2, 2022, 01:24:41 pm »
Is it worth it Paul. I would just leave it and agree not to talk about politcs so no tension arises to ruin everything.
If it does crop up then is he using it as a stick to attack Blairs Labour.
Is he a Tory voter now? I can respect the views of people who tear into Blair over Iraq but you find many of them then go on to insult the last Labour government with all the usual shit. Tory lite etc. they lose credibility.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15515 on: October 2, 2022, 01:37:23 pm »
Spend the entire holiday blasting 'Things Can Only Get Better' at maximum volume.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15516 on: October 2, 2022, 01:49:01 pm »

Forgive me for being direct. What are his opinions on immigration? Does he actually give a fuck about Iraqi's, or is it just a stick to beat Blair.
Does he think people who may be living under horrific conditions and persecution in Iraq should be trafficked to Rwanda when the reach Dover?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15517 on: October 2, 2022, 06:08:32 pm »
The only question she had a straight answer to this morning was whether she was committed to the 45p tax cut. Instant ‘yes’.

She really is a fucking moron.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15518 on: October 2, 2022, 06:25:52 pm »
The only question she had a straight answer to this morning was whether she was committed to the 45p tax cut. Instant ‘yes’.

She really is a fucking moron.

When the PM makes Gove seem sound, the country is in trouble

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15519 on: October 2, 2022, 06:40:56 pm »
The treasury secretary has said that they’re going to remove employment law for all companies under 500 people.

All of them.

No maternity pay, no right to challenge unfair dismissal, no pension rights… nothing….

W