Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1331989 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #14880 on: September 28, 2022, 04:13:05 pm »

Andrew Pierce
@toryboypierce
and how much of the currency speculation was driven by the fear of a Labour government under the not as centrist as he would like you to think #KeirStarmer

It's like we have our own, present-day Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #14881 on: September 28, 2022, 04:13:19 pm »
Not necessarily. Look at the New Zealand system. Well thought out, and the process for them arriving at their system was grown-up. Of course, that's could be a problem for the UK.

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/politics/fpp-to-mmp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_system_of_New_Zealand

It's a good system. But still would require considerable change to the current constituencies, unless you were going to add several hundred list MPs to the existing 650 constituency ones (there's probably too many as it is). So you would need to change/merge pretty all constituencies into 300-400 or so. Not impossible, but quite a dramatic change.

If the constituencies had to be kept roughly as is, Aussie-style AV should be introduced - not proportional but certainly makes voting more meaningful and encourages moderation. And introduce a largely elected HoL on a list system for proportionality.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14882 on: September 28, 2022, 04:13:30 pm »
Thank you to Schmarn, Jiminy Cricket and Lusty for your responses to my question. I will give those links a read!

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #14883 on: September 28, 2022, 04:18:16 pm »
Tough on cheese and the causes of cheese

But shite on everything else.

I do not think in my lifetime I have seen a government act so ineptly, and there have been plenty of bad decisions in my lifetime
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14884 on: September 28, 2022, 04:19:33 pm »

It's like we have our own, present-day Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda

Is the not so Centrist Keir Starmer the alter ego of Keith, the Red Tory?

I’m very confused. ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14885 on: September 28, 2022, 04:20:38 pm »
I agree. He's trying to mitigate electoral risk at every turn, he knows how this plays out in UK politics and had a great reminder of it during partygate when the mail went after him and tried to build a false equivalence.

So if he wants to shithouse his way through the next couple of years like the Greeks at the Euros then fair enough.

He's a lawyer by trade, isn't he?  I guess if you look at this as a court case, it's critical for the "jury", ie the electorate, to make up their own minds. The trick is getting them to choose what you want them to choose.

The Tories will have to fight on their record, and it's not a good one. It would be  mistake for Starmer to point out the bloody knife when it's in plain view for all to see.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14886 on: September 28, 2022, 04:23:09 pm »

And if they're right, all it really means is that the markets thought, "Fuck the Tories are so shit, Labour could actually win."

That's still kind of actually on the Tories, isn't it?

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14888 on: September 28, 2022, 04:28:30 pm »
The new line their scum followers/PR people/fans in media are using is that its not the tax cuts that have spooked the market but the non targeted energy price controls. Did the markets decide to wait almost 2 week then before panicking about them then....

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14889 on: September 28, 2022, 04:38:06 pm »
Do you ever have one of those dreams where you're about to do something like play for Liverpool or give a speech to the UN, something you've always wanted to do and have spent your whole life waiting for, and then you suddenly realise you're completely unprepared/not good enough, it's going to be a disaster and you're about to get humiliated in front of millions of people.  It's a common type of anxiety dream apparently.

Anyway I just realised that Truss and Kwarteng are literally living through that right now, and I almost feel sorry for them.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14890 on: September 28, 2022, 04:39:29 pm »
It's a disaster and no one has any idea where the PM is hiding.

Probably for the best her and KK keep quiet they’ve been outed as idiots so will likely make things worse opening their mouths.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #14891 on: September 28, 2022, 04:40:55 pm »
Seems they're doubling down on this. Absolute madness

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14892 on: September 28, 2022, 04:41:08 pm »
Imagine being PM for less than a month and already facing calls to sack your brand new Chancellor?  Fuck. Me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #14893 on: September 28, 2022, 04:42:31 pm »
@EdConwaySky
🚨NEW🚨
On the @bankofengland  intervention:
Am told the BoE were responding to a “run dynamic” on pension funds - a wholesale equivalent of the run which destroyed Northern Rock.
Had they not intervened, there would have been mass insolvencies of pension funds by THIS AFTERNOON.

Is this bad? Now I'm no financial expert but that sorta sounds bad?

I think it may be bad.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14894 on: September 28, 2022, 04:44:07 pm »
A brief reminder of the Torygraph's reaction to Kami-Kwasi's 'budget' last Friday. It's thoroughly depressing how much damage the right wing press if doing to this country

---

Headline by ALLISTER HEATH: Kwasi Kwarteng's Budget is a moment in history that will radically transform Britain. With one move, Britain’s competitiveness, its investor friendliness and its attractiveness to top talent has been hugely amplified.

JEREMY WARNER: This mini-Budget was a risky breath of fresh air

MATTHEW LESH: Kwarteng is right to ignore the howls of the commentariat and go for growth

JANET DALEY: This was nothing less than a revolutionary Budget. It was a clear and resounding repudiation of the Big State-high tax interventionism willingly embraced for the last decade
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14895 on: September 28, 2022, 04:47:39 pm »
Fucking hell :lmao

The president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, has said on Twitter that he has had a phonecall conversation with the prime minister, Liz Truss, prompting some to ask if he could get a message to her to appear in public and address the unfolding financial crisis in the UK.

Gove was right. They've had enough of experts.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14896 on: September 28, 2022, 04:47:57 pm »
A brief reminder of the Torygraph's reaction to Kami-Kwasi's 'budget' last Friday. It's thoroughly depressing how much damage the right wing press if doing to this country

---

Headline by ALLISTER HEATH: Kwasi Kwarteng's Budget is a moment in history that will radically transform Britain. With one move, Britain’s competitiveness, its investor friendliness and its attractiveness to top talent has been hugely amplified.

MATTHEW LESH: Kwarteng is right to ignore the howls of the commentariat and go for growth

JANET DALEY: This was nothing less than a revolutionary Budget. It was a clear and resounding repudiation of the Big State-high tax interventionism willingly embraced for the last decade

I just think they’re also really dumb

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14897 on: September 28, 2022, 04:49:15 pm »

---

Umm... the Tories have been in charge for the past decade. And more.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14898 on: September 28, 2022, 05:09:50 pm »

The brass neck of that Mail hack Pierce and his whole paper are raving lunatics. He shouted and shouted for Brexit and he got his wish. He and his paper demanded Truss be made PM and not Sunak or Morduant because they'd do their bidding. That paper has a lot to answer for.

I don't know why Maguire has anything to do with him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14899 on: September 28, 2022, 05:10:44 pm »
Thank you to Schmarn, Jiminy Cricket and Lusty for your responses to my question. I will give those links a read!
For a split second, I read that as shaman Jiminy Cricket and thought you sarky bleeder! ;D

You are welcome! :) I think it was another poster from RAWK who first made me aware of the NZ system. Glad to share it with another RAWKite.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14900 on: September 28, 2022, 05:16:58 pm »
At least it'll be fun watching Fiona Bruce, BBC Question Time and their bused in Tories have to squirm tomorrow.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14901 on: September 28, 2022, 05:20:06 pm »
Tough on cheese and the causes of cheese

But shite on everything else.

I do not think in my lifetime I have seen a government act so ineptly, and there have been plenty of bad decisions in my lifetime
There has been nothing like this within living memory - probably never before in the history of Parliament. I've long proposed that these past three or four governments have been worse than Thatcher - and certainly Truss and her predecessor are worse. There is a complete dearth of talent, or even minimal competence across Government. And it keeps getting worse. How is this possible? Whatever legitimate criticisms we might throw at Thatcher and her Government, they were generally not stupid. So, Truss can do long division - this does not make her clever. She and Kwasi are corrupt, amoral morons.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14902 on: September 28, 2022, 05:23:55 pm »
At least it'll be fun watching Fiona Bruce, BBC Question Time and their bused in Tories have to squirm tomorrow.

You think they have any shame or guilt?

They'll double-down and blame Starmer/Labour/Lefties/Wokeists/the EU

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14903 on: September 28, 2022, 05:25:09 pm »
Do you ever have one of those dreams where you're about to do something like play for Liverpool or give a speech to the UN, something you've always wanted to do and have spent your whole life waiting for, and then you suddenly realise you're completely unprepared/not good enough, it's going to be a disaster and you're about to get humiliated in front of millions of people.  It's a common type of anxiety dream apparently.

Anyway I just realised that Truss and Kwarteng are literally living through that right now, and I almost feel sorry for them.
They probably think everyone else - and certainly 'the experts' - are wrong. Massive spending cuts next is probably what they have in mind.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14904 on: September 28, 2022, 05:30:24 pm »
Will any Tory MP turn up? Who's scheduled to appear?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14905 on: September 28, 2022, 05:31:18 pm »
Read today that huge public spending cuts are on the horizon...

I was thinking, what is left to actually cut.........??

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #14906 on: September 28, 2022, 05:33:28 pm »

Indeed.

And yes it is being widely reported that Departments are being asked to make "efficiency savings" and there doesn't appear to be any additional cash to deal with the consequences of high inflation either.

Winter of Discontent 2.0 incoming.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14907 on: September 28, 2022, 05:34:32 pm »
Sociopathic arsonists.

They've outdone even themselves.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14908 on: September 28, 2022, 05:36:44 pm »

Halve, again, the money to councils from central government. Charge to see your doctor. Double prescription prices. Knock 25% off all benefits and state pensions. Introduce NHS queue-jumping for a fee. Charge for ambulances and A&E. Just think of the worst possible shit you can imagine, and it's probably on the table now.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #14909 on: September 28, 2022, 05:37:59 pm »
On the BBC website newsfeed in the last hour or so.

BREAKING
Our plans are right - Treasury minister
Andrew Griffith
BBCCopyright: BBC
The government's tax-cutting policies are the "right plans" and "make our economy competitive", Treasury minister Andrew Griffith says.

Despite the markets reacting badly to the chancellor's tax-cutting mini-budget, Griffith says the plans will create jobs and keep people in work.

Last Friday's announcement of £45bn of tax cuts, funded by borrowing as part of a plan to boost economic growth, sparked a fall in the pound and caused borrowing costs to surge.

Pushed again on whether there would be a change of plan, Griffith says: "Get on and deliver that plan - that's what I, the chancellor and my colleagues in government are focused on."

"That is what's going to allow consumers to benefit," he says.

Nuts, nuts, nuts...and again, absolutely fuck a duck nuts. Do they need some, erm, nuts?

Let's get this straight. The IMF are saying that your strategy is toxic and you're still pushing ahead? Pretty much full steam. Your own country's bank is intervening against it's own economic policy. The everyday person will benefit? Yeah, sure.

The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14910 on: September 28, 2022, 05:42:01 pm »

Cuts on top of cuts, death by a thousand cuts, the c*nts

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #14911 on: September 28, 2022, 05:42:44 pm »

It’s never remotely fun watching that utter crap, and I’m genuinely surprised anyone wanting to see honest, evenhanded debate does. I refuse to, and validation was recently provided by Emily Maitlis, who explained what a sham ‘balance’ actually was.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14912 on: September 28, 2022, 05:45:11 pm »
Photoshop the last picture of Hitler standing outside his bunker with Truss and Kwatengs faces with a caption, "why is everyone working against me, am the one who is right."

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/last-picture-adolf-hitler-1945/
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14913 on: September 28, 2022, 06:04:04 pm »
And if they're right, all it really means is that the markets thought, "Fuck the Tories are so shit, Labour could actually win."

That's still kind of actually on the Tories, isn't it?
Kind of like hoping ogs qualifies for the next round of the league cup so you don't have to face your team bring managed by ragnick.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14914 on: September 28, 2022, 06:04:28 pm »

Literally nothing.

Well - save a fortune by getting rid of every Minister and every shit little special advisor. That's a start.

This Truss government is actually now a coup.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #14915 on: September 28, 2022, 06:06:27 pm »
I'm a little bit ashamed to admit, but I honestly don't know a great deal about what has gone on, why its happened and who's at fault.  :-\

Yes, I know we are in a cost of living crisis, but why are the Bank of England baling out the government all of a sudden? Is it a case of this shit show government being found out to have literally no money left?

Honest to god, if it's not covid, it's the trouble with Russia and the Ukraine and now this! Any chance of a bit of normality or what.  :'(
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14916 on: September 28, 2022, 06:11:39 pm »
It’s never remotely fun watching that utter crap, and I’m genuinely surprised anyone wanting to see honest, evenhanded debate does. I refuse to, and validation was recently provided by Emily Maitlis, who explained what a sham ‘balance’ actually was.

To be fair it was a figure of speech as Bruce will be squirming tomorrow, I refuse to watch it myself.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14917 on: September 28, 2022, 06:11:47 pm »

Kwarteng will be dreaming he’s running down Threadneedle Street without his keks and undies and wearing a vest which is just long enough to cover either his arse or his genitals.

That’s an anxiety dream. ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14918 on: September 28, 2022, 06:15:39 pm »
To be fair it was a figure of speech as Bruce will be squirming tomorrow, I refuse to watch it myself.

Who’s Bruce? I haven’t watched it since Sir Robin Day. ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14919 on: September 28, 2022, 06:28:11 pm »
For all the talk of Kwarteng's being toast, at the end of the day, Truss surely had to have knowledge of his plans and agreed with them. She's equally culpable for this mess