Author Topic: Item/items you regret selling and would love back  (Read 1105 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Item/items you regret selling and would love back
« on: October 8, 2022, 03:08:16 pm »
Any item (items) in your life you really regret selling and would love them back?

I have mentioned this before on RAWK, but I sneaked back into The Kop after the final game against Norwich, it was easy, I just followed a load of young lads, this was early evening, through the big Kemlyn Road gate which was left open and unattended (for workmen I presume)

As the young lads nicked all the boxes of Wagon Wheels from the Cafe under 'the shelf' I got the red wooden price list. It was in great nick, it just needed a bit of glue to secure the corners, where a few nails had come loose. Haha, the cheap skates had just taped over old prices with new ones.

I kept it for years, hung it on my kitchen wall, it made a great souvenir from all my years as standing Kopite. But after my divorce I fell on hard times and had to sell it, I didn't even get much for it. I would love to get that back now.

Other stuff I sold at the time was the things Stuart Adamson (Big Country lead singer) kindly gave me during my nearly 20 years following the band to concerts all over the place. Most of those items were extremely rare and Stuart signed them all with some really lovely messages.

Got a few quid for them, but nothing special, felt shit selling them as well, I still kept a few things Stuart gave me, but I would love my other things back too.

Sometimes I get all nostalgic over things like this, have you any similar regrets?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Item/items you regret selling and would love back
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2022, 04:01:02 pm »
I'm a bit of a hoarder so I don't let much stuff go, but I did have a Yamaha CS5 synth in the early 80s which I did let go. It was pristine too. Very limited by today's standards, but old analogue synths are quite sought after today. I wish I'd kept it. There's one on Ebay now for £500.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 07:05:58 pm »
I used to do cassette tape trading and had 100's of live/demos from punk/hardcore bands from all over the world.I gave em to a buddy when i left the country.Lot of stuff i could of put onto c.d and made a bit of cash from if i only knew that would become a thing and punk would be accessible to all kinds of people not just us cool kids!!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 07:22:24 pm »
I had a very rare and original 1955 oval window VW Beetle in the early 90's. Thing I sold it for £2,250. Worth well over 10 times that now. Not my best idea.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 07:38:12 pm »
Years ago sold my two turntables, mixer and a shit load of vinyl to a mate of mine. Always regretted getting rid of them at the time but hey ho, can’t turn the clock back.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 07:44:25 pm »
My second Mini, an '84. There was nothing particularly special about it (apart from a walnut dash, someone sticking a stage 1 kit on it at some point, and it being on 10" wheels with fat tyres) but I'd love to have one now. The only problem it had then was with the gearbox, and 18 years ago it would have been easy to find someone to sort that for pretty cheap but... I was broke and saddled with huge debt coming out of uni. I got a few hundred quid for it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 09:57:21 pm »
My MK1 Golf 😔

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 08:30:52 am »
My Roland Juno

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 08:23:42 pm »
My amp.

Was in a shit period of my life. Skint beyond skint and everything was shite. Probably about 20 years ago or so, cant remember what I got for it, but I know in my bones it was not its worth.

(pic randomly found on le interweb, but thats the one)
@Yvanicuzz

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 07:32:21 pm »
My amp.

Was in a shit period of my life. Skint beyond skint and everything was shite. Probably about 20 years ago or so, cant remember what I got for it, but I know in my bones it was not its worth.

(pic randomly found on le interweb, but thats the one)

Sorry about that, horrible when that happens, been in a few samilar positions in the last few years, my musical things are always the first stuff to go!

Normally I to Cash Convertors for a quick sale, haha but they can smell desperate customer a mile away and as a result offer you next to fuck all for your gear.

I sold them a really nice 12 string Aria, loved that guitar, I couldn't afford to buy it back off them when the time was due, then it was gone when I could afford it!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 12:42:17 am »
First thing that came into my head on reading this question was my original Gameboy. My Mum and Dad bought it for my (6th?) birthday and I had it for years. Even had the magnifier/light attachment that went with it, along with a heap of games, all in mint condition. In the end I just gave it all away one day, to a lad I was hanging about with at the time. The worst part was, said lad was (and remains) an absolute knobhead, so along with wishing I never gave it away in the first place, I could probably find at least a semblance of peace with it had it been to anyone other than him. Really daft move to just hand it away like I did, though, but at 17, or whatever I was at the time, I just didn't think (could probably end sentence here, to be honest) I'd ever have any use for it again.

Anyway, that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:43:51 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 09:15:00 am »
Sega Mega Drive, swapped it for an Commodore Amiga, but never liked the Amiga, & missed the Mega Drive, loved playing Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96 on the Mega Drive.

I tended to mostly play Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga, it was only available on the Amiga or MS- DOS back then.
#Sausages

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 09:26:48 am »
Pretty much every camera, both analog and digital and every console and physical game I ever bought. It would have been almost impossible for me to carry all of that around as I was moving so often, but I do wish I had it all neatly stacked in a room somewhere. Don't think selling any of it was worth it.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 05:17:05 pm »
I got one of these for Xmas one year when I was little

I had quite a few toy cars & lorries and would play when them until they were a bit knackered. For some reason I treasured this, rarely used it (even then with care) and kept it in its box. It was mint.

I left it at my mum & dad's when I moved out (it'd sat unused for years in a cupboard, in its box)

Unbeknowns to me, they gave it away to my brother's then girlfriend's little lad. Never to be seen again.

Be worth a few quid now (that pictured example is £85) and likely just keep rising. More than the money, my annoyance comes from it being one of few things I treasured and kept in mint condition from childhood, missing out on the fun of playing with it, and it was given away without a second thought by my parents.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 01:02:31 pm »
I got one of these for Xmas one year when I was little

I had quite a few toy cars & lorries and would play when them until they were a bit knackered. For some reason I treasured this, rarely used it (even then with care) and kept it in its box. It was mint.

I left it at my mum & dad's when I moved out (it'd sat unused for years in a cupboard, in its box)

Unbeknowns to me, they gave it away to my brother's then girlfriend's little lad. Never to be seen again.

Be worth a few quid now (that pictured example is £85) and likely just keep rising. More than the money, my annoyance comes from it being one of few things I treasured and kept in mint condition from childhood, missing out on the fun of playing with it, and it was given away without a second thought by my parents.

If I ever have kids I'm gonna make sure they fucking hoard every toy and game they get. I had a 'my pet monster', a load of 'boglins', a shitload of Duplo and Lego, a load of mighty max's, a master system with loads of games. I had a dinosaur set from 'invicta plastics' (local company). All just gradually got given away, left in lofts and attics. I reckon that lot now would be worth a few grand.

My ex got me a jokey Xmas present about ten years ago, the Lego Delorean (think it was about twenty quid). Left it when we broke up and told her to give it to one of her cousins or something, they go for about £150-200 now. Fucking Pokemon cards too! Had an absolute shitload of them, the old unopened packs which used to cost £2.50 go for absolute tonnes now.

Ironically the only things I kept were old completed football sticker books, which cost about £200 to fill and are worth about a tenner now :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 03:15:44 pm »
My mum made my dad throw away hundreds of vinyls about 20 years ago before the revival. First editions of Zeppelin, Floyd, Genesis and the likes. Ouch.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 03:27:58 pm »
25 hotwheels cars.

Apparently some of them were limited editions.