Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1075259 times)

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #17000 on: September 17, 2022, 02:28:32 pm »
Nagelsmann will never win them the big one. I doubt he'll win it wherever he goes to be honest.

The german rodgers.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17001 on: September 17, 2022, 02:30:35 pm »
The dortmund vs schalke derby match  should be feisty today.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #17002 on: September 17, 2022, 02:39:36 pm »
the smoke is playing havoc with the cameras :lmao  Like watchig a match through a dystopian b-movie filter.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17003 on: September 17, 2022, 02:49:41 pm »
How did the referee miss that foul on Jude?  No wonder why the Dortmund manager is mad.

Sees the ref.  It's Felix Brych.  Ah, well, that explains it.
King Kenny.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17004 on: September 17, 2022, 03:02:15 pm »
Marco Reus down injured.  Unfortunate.  Gio Reyna on to replace him.
King Kenny.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17005 on: September 17, 2022, 04:07:43 pm »
Marco Reus down injured.  Unfortunate.  Gio Reyna on to replace him.

Looks a bad one. Possibly another tournament he won't be able to feature in

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17006 on: September 17, 2022, 04:17:04 pm »
Looks a bad one. Possibly another tournament he won't be able to feature in

Be a shame for him for sure.

He’s actually had such a great run the last couple years, but yeah, that did not look good.

Mane subbed off again for Bayern today, he’s really finding the going quite tough at the moment.  Not scoring or creating.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17007 on: September 17, 2022, 04:29:33 pm »
Be a shame for him for sure.

He’s actually had such a great run the last couple years, but yeah, that did not look good.

Mane subbed off again for Bayern today, he’s really finding the going quite tough at the moment.  Not scoring or creating.

Get him back in January Robbie Keane style.

In other news, Naglesmann is likely to be under pressure no? Especially with Nosfeartu just being sacked from Chelsea.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17008 on: September 17, 2022, 04:34:40 pm »
Get him back in January Robbie Keane style.

In other news, Naglesmann is likely to be under pressure no? Especially with Nosfeartu just being sacked from Chelsea.

yes he will be.

Mind, they are doing fine in the CL at the moment, but struggling in the league. So tough to know how reactionary Bayern’s board will be - but they have absolutely no problem booting coaches out quite quickly.  And with Tuchel available, nothing would even surprise me!

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17009 on: September 17, 2022, 04:38:49 pm »
Bagelman will definitely get the sack if it continues the same way. I watched the 2nd half, mane was rubbish for most of it. He just doesnt have the legs get past players anymore. The Augsburg keep gikiewicz was in god mode today. Made some really good saves and denied a dramatic equalizer from neuer in the final min.

If flick is available after the WC, i think bayern will get him back. I would be extremely surprised if they went with tuchel.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17010 on: September 17, 2022, 04:41:40 pm »
But why would Flick want to go back to a job he couldn’t wait to get away from?

I’d be a bit surprised if Tuchel isn’t coach of Bayern if Nagelsmann doesn’t get things sorted.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17011 on: September 17, 2022, 04:47:59 pm »
Tuchel is not a good fit for Bayern. Too many people have input in that club and I couldn’t see it working, seeing how it went for Tuchel at Dortmund, Paris and Chelsea.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17012 on: September 17, 2022, 04:52:41 pm »
Tuchel is not a good fit for Bayern. Too many people have input in that club and I couldn’t see it working, seeing how it went for Tuchel at Dortmund, Paris and Chelsea.

But also, isn’t one of the reasons Tuchel was causing problems at Chelsea was because he actually didn’t want to be so involved with some aspects that Boehly wanted him involved with?

I just think there is an inevitability in it happening at some point.

To coach at the biggest teams, you have to always deal with a lot of powerful people and have to work with others who have a major input in the day to day of the club. 

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17013 on: September 17, 2022, 04:57:32 pm »
Oliver Kahn, Salihamidžić, Rolex Kalle and the occasional pointed comment from Hoeneß mixed with Tuchel will not work imho but then again.. Go for it Bayern

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17014 on: September 17, 2022, 05:07:08 pm »
Oh Sadio, the man got a boost for the last six months of his career with us but this Mane is shot to pieces. We really used him up good and proper.  :D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17015 on: September 17, 2022, 05:10:01 pm »
Oliver Kahn, Salihamidžić, Rolex Kalle and the occasional pointed comment from Hoeneß mixed with Tuchel will not work imho but then again.. Go for it Bayern

for sure!

I’m not saying by the way it’s the best idea, just I think Bayern would do it if needed (i.e. if they give up on Nagelsmann).

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17016 on: September 17, 2022, 05:54:04 pm »
Winless in four in the league and losing to Augsburg today isn't a great look for Nagelsmann

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17017 on: September 17, 2022, 06:11:58 pm »
Was hoping Nagelsmann would be at Bayern for several years and have success before getting hounded out FC Hollywood style and take over after Klopp.

But that was always fanciful.
King Kenny.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #17018 on: September 18, 2022, 02:30:46 am »

Was a very poor game by him. Didn't seem his usual self and you could tell he was getting upset by the many fouls he committed. Thought he might get a red at one point.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17019 on: September 18, 2022, 03:17:57 pm »
What's with Bayern this year? Haven't won a match in 4 weeks.
Looks like they are missing Lewa quite a lot and Mane transfer didn't work out for them.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17020 on: September 18, 2022, 04:27:26 pm »
Union Berlin won again

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17021 on: September 18, 2022, 05:11:29 pm »
Struggling in a one team league is quite the achievement. Hats off to Bayern.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17022 on: September 19, 2022, 02:14:05 pm »
for sure!

I’m not saying by the way it’s the best idea, just I think Bayern would do it if needed (i.e. if they give up on Nagelsmann).
Without wanting to terrify you Dim, would Svensson not sit somewhere as a name on the list of potential Nagelsmann replacements?

I think they’ll persist with Nagelsmann for the time being and I also think he goes on to be a big success as a coach even if it’s not at Bayern. He never quite sat right as being coach there. Tuchel would be combustible and I can’t imagine another ego like his fits into the hierarchy there. There’s an outside possibility they look to court someone like Conte or Pochettino.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17023 on: September 19, 2022, 02:52:28 pm »
Without wanting to terrify you Dim, would Svensson not sit somewhere as a name on the list of potential Nagelsmann replacements?

I think they’ll persist with Nagelsmann for the time being and I also think he goes on to be a big success as a coach even if it’s not at Bayern. He never quite sat right as being coach there. Tuchel would be combustible and I can’t imagine another ego like his fits into the hierarchy there. There’s an outside possibility they look to court someone like Conte or Pochettino.

Svensson was linked heavily with Brighton last week, so I was relieved to see that didn’t happen  ;D  But that is the sort of step I can see him taking - a middling PL team, or a sort of 'pushing for CL/Europa' Buli team. I don’t think Bayern would be a next step for them or him. 

I honestly can’t see beyond Tuchel, I know the idea of it is mad, but that’s just Bayern, it’s about the name, and he’s the top attainable German coach, being as the best one of course isn’t gettable. Plus he is a good coach of cousre, just a dickhead. Maybe it’d just work there for that reason!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17024 on: September 19, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »
Svensson was linked heavily with Brighton last week, so I was relieved to see that didn’t happen  ;D  But that is the sort of step I can see him taking - a middling PL team, or a sort of 'pushing for CL/Europa' Buli team. I don’t think Bayern would be a next step for them or him. 

I honestly can’t see beyond Tuchel, I know the idea of it is mad, but that’s just Bayern, it’s about the name, and he’s the top attainable German coach, being as the best one of course isn’t gettable. Plus he is a good coach of cousre, just a dickhead. Maybe it’d just work there for that reason!
I thought the same re Bo’s next step, it makes sense for it to be a team such as you said, but with appointments such as Nagelsmann and Kovac in recent years, Bayern have shown they don’t necessarily need a big track record with their coaching appointments, albeit those two did come from successes with bigger clubs than Mainz. It just wouldn’t surprise me if they’re keeping an eye on him.

Tuchel will do his usual, achieve some successes and implode by causing more in-fighting amongst a notoriously volatile directorate.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #17025 on: September 19, 2022, 06:25:05 pm »

I still can't see Bayerrn signing Tuchel. They aren't afraid to make strange signings (Otto Rehhagel, Jürgen Klinsmann and even Niko Kovac are saying hello), but they're not stupid. Tuchel has had issues at every club he has been and he has thrown his players under the bus on a regular basis with very limited success. Yeah, he won the CL with Chelsea after taking over mid-season in a very strange year due to the pandemic. With PSG he did next to fuck all. He did okay with Dortmund, but again it all ended, because he was difficult to work with and the people in charge of the club had enough of it. Can't see Bayern go for a manager like that. If Tuchel was a "best of this generation" manager they might, but his CV so far doesn't suggest that he is.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17026 on: September 19, 2022, 06:43:25 pm »
I'd have to go look at my previous posts in this thread to get an accurate accounting of how much Bundesliga I've watched so far but it can't be much more than 100 minutes. Which is to say not much as I think the Bundesliga has been pretty terrible for a while now. So maybe the eye would tell me something different than the numbers. Until then though, if you look at the numbers it's clear Bayern are fine and have bit a bit unlucky. Given time they should win the league at a canter again. Union has 15 goals from 4 xG and an overall negative xG difference is really the story so far in outliers and things that won't last. Without some major changes in form it's just a fallacy that this league will be any different by the end.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17027 on: September 19, 2022, 07:16:55 pm »
I still can't see Bayerrn signing Tuchel. They aren't afraid to make strange signings (Otto Rehhagel, Jürgen Klinsmann and even Niko Kovac are saying hello), but they're not stupid. Tuchel has had issues at every club he has been and he has thrown his players under the bus on a regular basis with very limited success. Yeah, he won the CL with Chelsea after taking over mid-season in a very strange year due to the pandemic. With PSG he did next to fuck all. He did okay with Dortmund, but again it all ended, because he was difficult to work with and the people in charge of the club had enough of it. Can't see Bayern go for a manager like that. If Tuchel was a "best of this generation" manager they might, but his CV so far doesn't suggest that he is.

I guess it all comes down to timing though, I mean, this may not even be a discussion if Nagelsmann irons out the kinks as it where! Yes, they aren’t flying at the moment, but they have had a good start to a tough CL group, so it isn’t as it if the sky is falling quite yet.

I think Tuchel would be the target ahead of the likes of Pochetinno, but I guess ultimately it’s about who is available. And of course, Bayern want a German speaking coach.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #17028 on: September 20, 2022, 04:22:06 pm »
I thought the same re Bo’s next step, it makes sense for it to be a team such as you said, but with appointments such as Nagelsmann and Kovac in recent years, Bayern have shown they don’t necessarily need a big track record with their coaching appointments, albeit those two did come from successes with bigger clubs than Mainz. It just wouldn’t surprise me if they’re keeping an eye on him.

What's he like, DS? What kind of system does he use?
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17029 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:17 am »
Jean Paul Boetius, formerly of Mainz, now at Hertha, has been found to have a testicular tumour.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17030 on: September 23, 2022, 11:01:19 am »
What's he like, DS? What kind of system does he use?
Bo Svensson? Dim would offer a much better opinion than myself given Dim's a proper Mainz fan whereas I catch them now and then and mainly see them in highlights.

I think the main change we saw to Mainz under Svensson is that he actually got them winning, as well as punching above their weight during a transitional phase for the club. He seems to like two forwards in his system and packing the midfield with a narrow, tight three, they usually line up in a 3-5-2 or kind of a 3-4-1-2, they're certainly unorthodox enough to not be able to pin down exactly what the formation is. What I like about Mainz is that whilst they can be opportunistic, they pass the ball well and actually do look to build from the back. Shows that Bo has some fluidity and range to his coaching. They seem to usually have a midfielder dropping into the back three to create clear passing lanes and drag the opposition onto them, to create openings further up the pitch. 

I think they've some underrated players too, or did. Niakhate I thought would have better suitors than Forest (though I've not doubt they're paying him handsomely) and Boetius was always underrated, it's a shame they've both left. Svensson for me is a coach with a clear big future. I thought Brighton would make more of a push for him than De Zerbi, who as far as I'm aware doesn't yet speak English.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17031 on: September 23, 2022, 02:41:03 pm »
Jean Paul Boetius, formerly of Mainz, now at Hertha, has been found to have a testicular tumour.

Maybe there is something to more people being aware to check because that's quite a few people in the Bundesliga with testicular Cancer the last 5 months - Baumgartl, Haller, and now Boetius

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #17032 on: September 23, 2022, 07:19:08 pm »
Bo Svensson? Dim would offer a much better opinion than myself given Dim's a proper Mainz fan whereas I catch them now and then and mainly see them in highlights.

I think the main change we saw to Mainz under Svensson is that he actually got them winning, as well as punching above their weight during a transitional phase for the club. He seems to like two forwards in his system and packing the midfield with a narrow, tight three, they usually line up in a 3-5-2 or kind of a 3-4-1-2, they're certainly unorthodox enough to not be able to pin down exactly what the formation is. What I like about Mainz is that whilst they can be opportunistic, they pass the ball well and actually do look to build from the back. Shows that Bo has some fluidity and range to his coaching. They seem to usually have a midfielder dropping into the back three to create clear passing lanes and drag the opposition onto them, to create openings further up the pitch. 

I think they've some underrated players too, or did. Niakhate I thought would have better suitors than Forest (though I've not doubt they're paying him handsomely) and Boetius was always underrated, it's a shame they've both left. Svensson for me is a coach with a clear big future. I thought Brighton would make more of a push for him than De Zerbi, who as far as I'm aware doesn't yet speak English.

Cheers, mate. I always appreciate reading your thoughts.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17033 on: September 23, 2022, 07:44:35 pm »
Maybe there is something to more people being aware to check because that's quite a few people in the Bundesliga with testicular Cancer the last 5 months - Baumgartl, Haller, and now Boetius

Was saying this to a friend. Wonder if the check has become a regular thing for Bundeliga
Medicals for transfers/pre season. Worrying whatever the situation, but also good they have spotted it in these checks
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17034 on: September 30, 2022, 07:30:29 pm »
Bayern v Bayer,give it ago, but Derek Rae doing his germanisms??

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17035 on: September 30, 2022, 07:33:49 pm »
Upamecano knocked out, but not  even getting checked by the medical staff. Ridiculous.

Weird the lack of concern from his teammates too.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17036 on: September 30, 2022, 07:35:06 pm »
Bayern v Bayer,give it ago, but Derek Rae doing his germanisms??

Almost worth giving the Spanish feed a chance. Anyway, quick Bayern lead but not much a surprise there.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17037 on: September 30, 2022, 07:53:04 pm »
2-0 done here,Athletic club v almeria at 3 for me instead.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17038 on: September 30, 2022, 08:00:25 pm »

Are you trying to kill yourself with boredom? Almeria is garbage and Athletic while "good" aren't an exciting "good".

Musiala has definitely taken a leap, kid looks amazing.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17039 on: September 30, 2022, 08:01:50 pm »

Hull vs Luton for me.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.