Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 869324 times)

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #240 on: October 9, 2006, 02:35:39 pm »
N73 is reaaly nice. Much nicer than any of the other n series.

Felt nice in the hand (yes I know its only a sample model) But still!

Currently got the N70
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #241 on: October 9, 2006, 03:24:17 pm »
May be gettng N73 too. seems to be on eof the best around
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline youtookmyname

• Kopite
  • Kong my whopper!
    • Footy Fashion n stuff
« Reply #242 on: October 9, 2006, 08:07:23 pm »
Got an N73 and well happy with it. Whacked a 2Gb card in and installed TomTom6 the other day. Really nice phone, took a little getting used to from the Sony I had previously but glad I made the move.

Only gripe is the battery life is poor compared to the Sony.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #243 on: October 9, 2006, 08:25:57 pm »
whats the joystick on it like, is it stronger than the sony ericsson ones?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline youtookmyname

• Kopite
  • Kong my whopper!
    • Footy Fashion n stuff
« Reply #244 on: October 9, 2006, 08:37:13 pm »
whats the joystick on it like, is it stronger than the sony ericsson ones?

So far so good with it. It's more like one of those mice sticks you get on a laptop than the Sony Joystick.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #245 on: October 9, 2006, 09:06:22 pm »
the sony joystick doesnt take alot to beat tho. Theyre fucking dire and they always have been, even back to the t610 they were shit.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 9, 2006, 11:08:21 pm »
yeh there terrible, the only thing that lets some of there phones down is that fucking joystick.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2006, 07:39:22 pm »
Just picked my Samsung D900 up (only two mins after using it) and find my screen looking like this...

Just phoned O2.co.uk up to explain what's happened and they're organising a replacement but what the fuck is all that about?  Why has it just suddenly done that?

:no :butt

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2006, 09:25:02 pm »
got a samsung z400, and it's completely ace 30mg memory and additional memory slot if you need more can play most type of music file, and is just an improvement on every phone the samsung d500 has much more features but i wouldn't go for it if you like your mobile games.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »
I'm due my upgrade next month and im definatly sure am going to get the w850i had a go of it an its a very nice phone

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2006, 10:02:29 pm »
Best moby under £100... anyone?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2006, 10:43:06 pm »
Sony Ericsson k750. One penny under your budget too. Most shops doing it this price on pay as you go

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2006, 09:54:54 pm »
here's mine. hello beautiful phone. It's the updated 8800, with a 2mp camera, uprated battery and all over improved memory and facilities. Oh, and its beautiful.
Yep.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2006, 12:16:52 am »
here's mine. hello beautiful phone. It's the updated 8800, with a 2mp camera, uprated battery and all over improved memory and facilities. Oh, and its beautiful.

mate got that on £20 a month. The dodgy deals we do.... He works for o2 so its ok, but usually you have to spend big to get it free. He fell off his bike today (I call it desert storm) and scratched it all up.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2006, 09:55:12 am »
got mine free too and am now on a very happy tarriff considering I was on O2 Max before.
Yep.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2006, 11:28:33 am »
got mine free too and am now on a very happy tarriff considering I was on O2 Max before.

lol, worked in an o2 shop for a year and a half and I've never had a customer on o2 Max. £75 a month is hefty!

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2006, 02:07:21 pm »
right then help needed! its that time of year when i bug MattS about getting a new phone. O2 tell me I am due an upgrade now, but I don't know what to get. I also have certain constraints on what I can and can't get, due to my usage.

Now for the last 12 months ive had a sony ericsson K750i, which has been superb. the camera and video are outstanding, it does everything i want of it.

What I want in a phone is the best quality camera I can possibly get. I don't need a walkman phone as I have an iPod. I'm not too arsed about videos, although these can be good. Like I say, the camera is the most important thing.

This one is a 2 MegaPixel. However, all of the 3.2 Megapixel ones seem to be out of my price range (I am not getting a phone I have to pay extra for).

Anyone got any bright ideas? I fall into the band on O2 where some phones are free up to £25-£30 usage, but some of the best ones would cost extra.
Momo Is Boss

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2006, 02:09:18 pm »
Just go up to a k800 then :)

Offline AdamL

• Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2006, 02:11:28 pm »
Just go up to a k800 then :)

costs money i think, like an extra £80. lot of money for a student scumbag that is...

unless MattS can get me some cheeky discount or other......  ;)
Momo Is Boss

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:11 pm »
costs money i think, like an extra £80. lot of money for a student scumbag that is...

unless MattS can get me some cheeky discount or other......  ;)

Really? What contract are you on?  I'm on online 200 (£30 a month one) and they gave me the upgrade to the k800 fom the k750 a month and a half early (in August too, when the phone was pretty new!)

Offline AdamL

• Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:46 pm »
Really? What contract are you on?  I'm on online 200 (£30 a month one) and they gave me the upgrade to the k800 fom the k750 a month and a half early (in August too, when the phone was pretty new!)

think im on the one below u, £20 a month. if i used me fone loads i'd be able to get a better phone, but i dont. my bills are never more than £20 (but still cheaper than pay as u go, because i get 300 texts and 50 mins this way). so if i wanted that fone itd cost me like £70 more.
Momo Is Boss

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2006, 02:28:14 pm »
Just bought a Nokia something or other. About 2-3 years old it is. It makes calls and sends tests.

Lovely :wave

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2006, 02:30:06 pm »
think im on the one below u, £20 a month. if i used me fone loads i'd be able to get a better phone, but i dont. my bills are never more than £20 (but still cheaper than pay as u go, because i get 300 texts and 50 mins this way). so if i wanted that fone itd cost me like £70 more.

My O2 sim gives me - for £10 a month 300 free texts and £10 to spend (whatever that is in calls) £15 a month gives me 300 free texts free calls to O2 and landline of a weekend and £15 to spend

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2006, 02:32:11 pm »

If you come in and see me then I'd sort you out with whatever you wanted (within reason), but I work all the way down here (near Portsmouth).

If your soley arsed about the camera then k800 is a good option, also look at the N73. If you find they wont do either for free, the w810i is fantastic. I have one and I cant rate it highly enough. It is pretty much the same as the k750 but with a bigger memory card and no shitty joystick!

Best off going to an o2 shop and trying to blag a k800. Just tell them you think your on the £35 tarrif or something. Some people check what your on, some dont. But it doesnt come with a memory card.

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2006, 02:40:04 pm »
Just picked my Samsung D900 up (only two mins after using it) and find my screen looking like this...

Just phoned O2.co.uk up to explain what's happened and they're organising a replacement but what the fuck is all that about?  Why has it just suddenly done that?

:no :butt
Did you sit on it?
Number 9

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2006, 03:19:40 pm »
Did you sit on it?

blatantly.

I think its one of those things that just happens - the warranty no longer applies once theres a crack in the LCD, so if you feel its a manufacturing fault then you'll have to get in touch with the manufacturer and argue with them.

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2006, 03:23:34 pm »
I somehow got a free upgrade when I shouldn't off. Not complaining mind.

Offline Joby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Glad he got the rebound
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2006, 04:52:44 pm »
Nokia e61 with T-mobile web n'walk. Great - unlimited internet and email wherever I am, works as a modem too for when I want to use the laptop, and got loads of other cool features. But no camera. Which I prefer to be honest. All complete with famous Nokia usability.
"The secret is that Liverpool are as strong as a pine cone"

Xabi Alonso

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2006, 05:14:38 pm »
What are people's views on the SE K800i? I'm getting a contract phone for my 18th next week. My mum's got it and I think it's brilliant. Anyone on here got one? What's it like?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #269 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20:25 am »
Best phone i've had AJ, wouldn't hesitate if i were you. Matt will probably come one and wax lyrical about his w810 like, but for once i'm not gonna bow to his superior knowledge and say definitely get the k800

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2006, 10:29:13 am »
If you don't mind the '3' network and you fancy  the Nokia 6280, the Sony K800i or the Motorola vx3 then you could do worse than this deal they are offering.

Reburbished phone (6 of my mates have got them and they are as new)

18 month deal at 15 quid a month for the whole 18 months

2000 texts (after 6 months that goes down to 1000)
600 anyone minutes (after 6 months that goes to 300 (that's still 5 hours)
50 Picture messages
50 Video call minutes
5 quid a month worth of downloads

If that isn't enough, when you recommened a friend you both get 30 quid to either use to pay off your bill or for some of the many downloads, tv or videos on 3.

go to http://threestore.three.co.uk/clearance.aspx

If you do not know anyone on '3' to recommend then PM me and use my number, we then both get 30 quid.

I have signed my kids up for this, it beats my both my daughters orange and my sons pay as you go deals hands down. You can check all of your balances on the phone for free or log on to three and do it there. The only downside is their call centre and some of the staff. otherwise I really like it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:24:09 pm by DaveLFC »
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2006, 11:08:51 am »
Best phone i've had AJ, wouldn't hesitate if i were you. Matt will probably come one and wax lyrical about his w810 like, but for once i'm not gonna bow to his superior knowledge and say definitely get the k800

;D

actcually my w810 is playing up. Rubbish!

K800 is a good phone but bear in mind it doesnt come with a memory card, and the built in 64mb doesnt last long if you use the camera alot on the highest quality. As I've said before your best off going into a shop and asking to have a look (not phones 4 u though).

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2006, 11:17:53 am »
If you don't mind the '3' network and you fancy either the Nokia 6280 or the Motorola vx3 then you could do worse than this deal they are offering.

Reburbished phone (6 of my mates have got them and they are as new)

18 month deal at 15 quid a month for the whole 18 months

2000 texts (after 6 months that goes down to 1000)
600 anyone minutes (after 6 months that goes to 300 (that's still 5 hours)
50 Picture messages
50 Video call minutes
5 quid a month worth of downloads

If that isn't enough, when you recommened a friend you both get 30 quid to either use to pay off your bill or for some of the many downloads, tv or videos on 3.

go to http://threestore.three.co.uk/clearance.aspx

If you do not know anyone on '3' to recommend then PM me and use my number, we then both get 30 quid.

I have signed my kids up for this, it beats my both my daughters orange and my sons pay as you go deals hands down. You can check all of your balances on the phone for free or log on to three and do it there. The only downside is their call centre and some of the staff. otherwise I really like it.
That's the deal I'm getting my K800i on. Direct text 1400, no?

Edit: The one I'm getting is half price for 8 months, not the full 18.

Offline Jacko1

• Main Stander
« Reply #273 on: October 24, 2006, 03:28:33 pm »
I still think the D500 is the best phone at the moment!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #274 on: October 24, 2006, 03:30:13 pm »
the d500 was never the best phone. Even when it had just come out. Samsungs are truely awful.

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2006, 03:35:46 pm »
the d500 was never the best phone. Even when it had just come out. Samsungs are truely awful.
Hense why I'm getting rid of my D600 :D. I'm a bit sceptical though, having never had a SE before. But all shall be revealed on Friday.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #276 on: October 24, 2006, 03:40:41 pm »
I'e lost my faith in sony ericsson. Mine went wrong afew days ago. Wont save pics anymore. The mobile industry does really need a kick u the arse. the amount of faulty phones we have is absolutely appauling I have to say. And yet you have people comming in with phillips savvys still - when they were built to last!

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2006, 04:21:56 pm »
Had two Ericsson/SE phones in the last 12 years of owning a mobile and they were the only phones that I had grief with! I just stick to Nokias and never had a problem with them - touch wood!
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2006, 06:52:33 pm »
I'e lost my faith in sony ericsson. Mine went wrong afew days ago. Wont save pics anymore. The mobile industry does really need a kick u the arse. the amount of faulty phones we have is absolutely appauling I have to say.
Oh the irony. ;D
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2006, 08:13:58 pm »
Oh the irony. ;D

whats that? the fact that I work in a phone shop? Not really because I 'negotiated' an exchange for myself and now have a brand new one instead of having to send it off for repair! :P