Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 688916 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Everton - The Unflushables
« Reply #240 on: August 7, 2023, 12:36:22 am »
Bill Kenwright in disguise, yesterday.

Bluetenant Columbo,

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 7, 2023, 01:44:33 am »
Bluetenant Columbo,

I thought she had a hand in her bag for a second.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: August 7, 2023, 06:47:39 am »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: August 7, 2023, 06:52:53 am »
Looking at their squad list, there’s desperately few players they could jettison for good money if they needed to accumulate funds quickly, say for a massive looming tax bill.

Branthwaite, Godfrey, Pickford, McNeill and Onana are probably the only ones you could reliably say would get them £20m per player. Their squad is desperately thin on the ground quality wise. They should have sold Calvert-Lewin when he was fit and they were talking £50m+.

I’d love to see them drop down the plug hole but I can’t see them doing worse than 17 other teams. Luton’s squad and signings says to me ‘protect the PL payday then Bank the parachute payments to grow the club long term and help pay for the new stadium, which we’ll play Championship football in.’ Sheffield Utd’s owner wants rid, has only given them £20m as a summer budget and has sold off their best attacker, without increasing their budget from the sale proceeds.

Then, Burnley are an unknown quantity who’s goalscoring record won’t translate to the PL, Fulham aren’t certain of keeping Mitrovic, Wolves have sold off their best two players etc.

Everton will survive due to the challenges others face as opposed to their own competence.

Looking at the state of the other clubs who are going to be down there I reckon it hinges on what happens at their hearing in October, personally I think they'll get off with a slap on the wrist and be put on a strict budget, depends on what pressure the premier league are under from the clubs who were relegated over the past couple of seasons

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #244 on: August 7, 2023, 08:18:58 am »
Unfortunately, I reckon their opening 7/8 games are good for momentum. Could obviously go the other way for them and pile on pressure, but they should be expecting enough points out of them to not be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the season.
AHA!

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: August 7, 2023, 08:32:54 am »
I'd say their first 4 games are particularly easy, the 2nd game away to Villa is the only difficult one among them. If they don't have 6 points from those 4 games they will be disappointed.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #246 on: August 7, 2023, 09:58:43 am »
Unfortunately, I reckon their opening 7/8 games are good for momentum. Could obviously go the other way for them and pile on pressure, but they should be expecting enough points out of them to not be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the season.

If they are in the shit come October, they could be in serious trouble. They have a very nice start
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #247 on: August 7, 2023, 10:27:52 am »
If they are in the shit come October, they could be in serious trouble. They have a very nice start

They had "a very nice start" under Rafa too ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #248 on: August 7, 2023, 11:44:11 am »
I'd say their first 4 games are particularly easy, the 2nd game away to Villa is the only difficult one among them. If they don't have 6 points from those 4 games they will be disappointed.

If they get more than 6, we can expect their muppet fans to start wittering on about a challenge for European places. They never learn.

I think in October they'll avoid an immediate points deduction, but would hope the minimum they get is a suspended deduction and deadline to bring their finances within 'FFP', along with a 2-window transfer ban.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #249 on: August 7, 2023, 02:06:15 pm »
I thought she had a hand in her bag for a second.
Haha only just seen that ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 7, 2023, 02:09:31 pm »
Is this the season it finally happens? Haven't been checking up on transfers etc... have they bought anyone got rid of anyone etc...
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 7, 2023, 04:37:49 pm »
Their team going into next season is, for my money, noticeably weaker than last season. The problem, as ever, is that the teams coming up might also be markedly weaker than those that came up last season - so I'd say the odds of relegation are largely unchanged.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: August 7, 2023, 04:41:22 pm »
Their team going into next season is, for my money, noticeably weaker than last season. The problem, as ever, is that the teams coming up might also be markedly weaker than those that came up last season - so I'd say the odds of relegation are largely unchanged.
Dyche could make a difference although the football is unlikely to be easy on the eye

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #253 on: August 7, 2023, 04:46:59 pm »
I think their opening games will define their season

Fulham at home, not as easy as it would have appeared 12 months ago, if they lose this one, heads will go down quickly especially as

Aston Villa away, is a tough one but, followed by

Wolves at home, they really should win this and need to because

Sheffield United away is tough, they are fighters and newly promoted clubs at home are tough early on. If they have 6 points from these 4 games then

Arsenal at Home and Brentford away will matter less. If they have less than 6 points they could find themselves down there early doors just before they hit the two games they should win Luton and Bournemouth at home.

They have been favoured by the fixtures but if they cock up this early positive run will have it's opposite later as they then have a run which sees them 2nd favourite for every game until February I would say.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2023, 04:59:35 pm by Titi Camara »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #254 on: August 7, 2023, 04:55:18 pm »
Dyche could make a difference although the football is unlikely to be easy on the eye

I think Dyche will keep them up but I can't see theme scoring 40+ goals. The natives will get restless and the Bullens Wall will speak.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #255 on: August 7, 2023, 04:59:09 pm »
Think Luton and Sheff United are nailed on to go down.

Then it's one from Everton, Forest, Bournemouth & Burnley. Outside shout of Wolves or West Ham but doubt either will be as shite this term.

Defo think others are right when they say there's at least 3 teams shitter than them this season but there's not much in it.

A bad run, a few key injuries or just bad luck could see them off but I doubt it.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 7, 2023, 06:32:04 pm »
unlikely?  :)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #257 on: August 7, 2023, 06:47:34 pm »
unlikely?  :)

As in ... not a chance in hell.  ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #258 on: August 7, 2023, 07:58:48 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #259 on: August 7, 2023, 09:10:31 pm »

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 7, 2023, 10:19:39 pm »
Shite

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 7, 2023, 11:28:02 pm »
Think Luton and Sheff United are nailed on to go down.

Then it's one from Everton, Forest, Bournemouth & Burnley. Outside shout of Wolves or West Ham but doubt either will be as shite this term.

Defo think others are right when they say there's at least 3 teams shitter than them this season but there's not much in it.

A bad run, a few key injuries or just bad luck could see them off but I doubt it.

Thing we have to remember is that Southampton and Leicester were both far better than Everton, at least on paper. It's not always down to which team is obviously bad or weak. Often, it's just a case that results just don't go a team's way consistently and they get caught in a death spiral.

We have to hope that, this season at least, decent teams play to par and don't get dragged into the quagmire. That's what is most likely to gift Everton a lifeline.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 8, 2023, 08:58:36 am »
Think Burnley are easily strong enough to keep clear of the relegation scrap, apart from that i agree the others mentioned will all be in a dogfight to stay up.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #263 on: August 9, 2023, 06:05:31 am »
These lot are shite.
We are Liverpool!

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #264 on: August 9, 2023, 06:48:26 am »
These lot are shite.
But, unfortunately, as the title says...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 9, 2023, 08:34:39 am »
Wolves have made the Bitters chances of staying up that much higher. Here’s hoping O’Neil is the Wolves Klopp.
Justice for the 96!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 9, 2023, 10:28:44 am »
Lost out of slabhead to West Ham. Shame.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 9, 2023, 10:34:34 am »

He looks like his mum on Coronation Street, Betty Turpin

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #268 on: August 9, 2023, 10:35:56 am »
Back to the old days of phantom bidding. No way on this planet they could have afforded either the fee or wages.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 9, 2023, 10:48:34 am »
That freak Brighton result at the tail end of last season that kept them up is as dodgy as fuck. Just want these gone into obscurity
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 9, 2023, 03:35:55 pm »
Ross Barkley has signed for Luton Town

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #271 on: August 9, 2023, 03:56:07 pm »
Did he have an option to go back to the pit?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #272 on: August 9, 2023, 04:15:56 pm »
Thing we have to remember is that Southampton and Leicester were both far better than Everton, at least on paper. It's not always down to which team is obviously bad or weak. Often, it's just a case that results just don't go a team's way consistently and they get caught in a death spiral.

We have to hope that, this season at least, decent teams play to par and don't get dragged into the quagmire. That's what is most likely to gift Everton a lifeline.

It came down to managerial decisions. Southampton made a complete mess of the season over theirs (Nathan fucking Jones and then the other fella). Leicester kept Rodgers way too long and then replaced him with that no mark Dean Smith. Leeds with Gracia and then Allardyce.

If either of them made a decent appointment they'd have stayed up. Wolves were going down until Lopetegiu came in and got them up the table. Everton were going down under Lampard but Dyche at least got more out of them and made them competitive in games. Bournemouth were going down under Parker but O'Neil got them out of trouble.

Dyche will likely see them safe again over a season because the standard in that bottom half is going to be shocking this year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #273 on: August 9, 2023, 04:25:18 pm »
Think Dyche will make them more difficult to score against but they've still got fuck all goals in the team themselves.

They'll be there or thereabouts. Praying that this is finally the season.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 9, 2023, 04:36:56 pm »
Where was Andros Townsend last season, just injured for the duration?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #275 on: August 9, 2023, 04:40:06 pm »
Yeah, done his cruciate the season before.
AHA!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #276 on: August 9, 2023, 04:44:45 pm »
Where was Andros Townsend last season, just injured for the duration?
He’s been released now
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #277 on: August 9, 2023, 04:46:06 pm »
He’s been released now
WELEASE ANDWOSS !!!

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: August 9, 2023, 07:27:37 pm »

Remember when he was the new Gerrard?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #279 on: August 9, 2023, 07:31:33 pm »
Remember when he was the head off Art Attack?
AHA!