Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 573821 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9080 on: March 19, 2024, 09:53:08 am »
To be fair, I remember when we were awesome and they were shite and they quite often beat us. They are like Leicester - always had a hoodoo over us - weird that you get certain teams that are fairly poor and yet you often get stopped or beaten by them.

I totally get that. But its not like we never beat them, we have done so a lot under Klopp and therefore all this stuff about them having a curse over us doesnt wash. Their record at Anfield is atrocious since Ferguson left and yet we never beat them at home this season either.

There was mitigation and I understand in these sorts of games this can happen. But no way can I accept that a good side allows it to happen three times in a season. We have to win there in a couple of weeks.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9081 on: March 19, 2024, 10:19:07 am »
Johnno, can I ask you why all these chants that we heard yesterday are so prevalent inside the United fan base, what do you think the reason is? It appeared to be such a large volume of people singing about Hillsborough yesterday. While I know it's gone on in the past it was never that loud before. I really worry about much more bitter this fixture is going to become unless it's sorted out, but no one wants to confront the problem. Are we all going to wait until to gets so bad that something happens? Be thankful for your thoughts on it.

I'm from and lived in Greater Manchester all my life and over the years I've heard Hillsborough slurs and come to blows with friends over their drunk insults. This dramatically shifted when the verdict came out to discussion and understanding around how badly wronged the fans were and it was ignorance driven by our media to perpetuate the lies. So there was a definite shift within the circle of people I know, and pre-verdict I'd say it was used with ignorance and no understanding of the actual impact of what happened, not that that was right and I made my feelings known at the time.

My point above is that for the "normal" fan I do believe there is better understanding and I think what we are now seeing are the marginals of fans getting greater voice as a reflection of society as a whole.

Since Brexit there is a shift in politics to this cesspit of Trumpism lies leading to hate rippling through society as a whole. Fueled by the right wing media and delivered by the most corrupt and self serving bunch of bastards in power. This has lead to the marginals of society feeling emboldened to speak out on their core nasty and hate spewing beliefs. You can see this in the amount of trouble happening in football, "away day yobs" getting coked up and fighting, it's not about football it's about being a c*nt, and c*nts then push on with the weak sheep following their lead. There is no consequence, they will blame someone else and it will just get worse as it's left unchecked.

The fix has always needed to come from above but I don't see any appetite for it in the current climate, it's why I can never ever understand a Liverpool fan being a tory.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9082 on: March 19, 2024, 11:09:25 am »
They were upset in Cardiff because there were mobs of Cardiff fans going from pub to pub.

If you were Liverpool, they'd be 'Have a great game lads and enjoy yourselves' - knocked seven bells out of the Mancs though. They really hated them, not sure if that was because of previous or something? But I went to every game at the Millenium and the Cardiff lads were great with us.

Wonderful City and a fantastic stadium. Used to love going there. Much, much better than Wembley and London (Though I do like sightseeing/museum trips when I'm down there)

Agreed about Cardiff, great stadium and city. They’ve rebuilt the wembley area but its all a bit fake.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9083 on: March 19, 2024, 11:27:33 am »
Theyre not normal. I remember I went to cardiff for the cup final 2005 and the coach dropped me in the wrong part of town, the designated united side, i was wearing an arsenal shirt and on my own,trying to take a short cut to avoid the crowds i ended up outside some back street pub full of united fans, I was walking past it and they cornered me like in a circle, then closed in, about 7 of them, grown men. I thought here we go, id get a punch in at least before Id get battered. But they didnt get violent, just screamed all sorts of abuse , they looked very angry , got right up to my face, spitting as they screamed, I just stood there looking at them, eventually they opened up and walked off. I still have no idea what the fuck was all that about. Had a few other incidents, all back when the rivalry was big, strange lot.

They are a strange lot

I see other sides fans get frustrated and allow the ‘banter’ to spill over and go too far but none like them, it’s always a whole different level with them

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9084 on: March 19, 2024, 12:19:42 pm »
They've never really evolved from their Bay City Rollers phase in the seventies. They've always been a bunch of bandwagon jumping weirdos with a lower league mentality.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9085 on: March 19, 2024, 02:33:19 pm »
Mainoo called up to England squad.

Apparently, he nominated our midfield on Sunday.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9086 on: March 19, 2024, 02:37:03 pm »

For what award?

I think Mainoo is a decent player but it's still a knee jerk, if we had won Quansah would have been called up
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9087 on: March 19, 2024, 02:39:14 pm »

For what award?

I think Mainoo is a decent player but it's still a knee jerk, if we had won Quansah would have been called up

The hype is off the scale on social media.

The usual journalists never learn.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9088 on: March 19, 2024, 04:07:54 pm »
I love it when these get all giddy. The inevitable fall is always beautiful to witness.

They never, ever learn.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #9089 on: March 19, 2024, 04:10:04 pm »
Never doubted you Antony

Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9090 on: March 19, 2024, 04:19:47 pm »
7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*

Ban him  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9091 on: March 19, 2024, 04:23:02 pm »
They should put 6th on their crest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9092 on: March 19, 2024, 04:32:50 pm »
All that to get stuffed 4-0 by neighbours City on the big stage (or, more hopefully beaten by Coventry)

Since the Semi finals moved to Wembley it's taken the shine off getting to the final. Even Coventry were claiming they had reached wembley (which technically is correct) but they haven't in the sense it used to mean.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 04:34:44 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #9093 on: March 19, 2024, 04:33:09 pm »
Part of me quite wants them to get into the CL next season. After what Copenhagen and Galatasaray did to them this season, can you imagine them having 8 games against better sides than that? It'd be like Ole x Seven Hag x Ragnick. Could be epic.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9094 on: March 19, 2024, 05:27:00 pm »
Long term beating Liverpool could be the worst result for Man Utd. If sir Jim and Dave B decide ten hag gets another year on the back of it ,and theyll lose the final to city anyway.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9095 on: March 19, 2024, 05:37:25 pm »
Never doubted you Antony

He's still fucking shite :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9096 on: March 19, 2024, 05:45:58 pm »

I thought the new Seedorf was Dutch.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9097 on: March 19, 2024, 05:47:39 pm »
Part of me quite wants them to get into the CL next season. After what Copenhagen and Galatasaray did to them this season, can you imagine them having 8 games against better sides than that? It'd be like Ole x Seven Hag x Ragnick. Could be epic.

They lost at home to Galatassarrary who lost over two legs to Sparta Prague. Blimey.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #9098 on: March 19, 2024, 05:58:05 pm »
I’m quite looking forward to the reversion to the mean that will happen post internationals. The pendulum will swing as quickly back the other way with the fans and media. They’ll always have the famous victory over us to look back on fondly, while they remain, overall, an irrelevance in the scheme of things.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9099 on: March 19, 2024, 06:01:05 pm »
Never doubted you Antony

I'm still sore but that tickled me, you bastard ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9100 on: March 19, 2024, 07:35:14 pm »

Fuck that, don't want this lot anywhere near the competition, let them stay in the Europa or even better the Conference League
Jurgen YNWA

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9101 on: March 19, 2024, 09:04:03 pm »
Southgate in

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9102 on: March 19, 2024, 09:27:33 pm »

Guess who..

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #9103 on: March 19, 2024, 09:28:48 pm »
Between Ten Hag or Ferguson??

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #9104 on: March 19, 2024, 10:14:06 pm »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9105 on: March 19, 2024, 10:28:06 pm »
The hype around Mainoo is insane. This is what happens when United get a player who isn’t shite.

Could also be Southgate buttering them up for the job though.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9106 on: March 19, 2024, 10:28:47 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #9107 on: March 19, 2024, 10:35:08 pm »
Mainoo in the England squad? I don't watch them apart from our games, so I'm guessing Southgate must have clocked dozens of previous stand-out performances. Right?

Cos he sure as shit wasn't any good Sunday. He ran around a bit and punted the ball straight out of play a dozen times. That was it.
We are Liverpool!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #9108 on: March 19, 2024, 10:38:39 pm »
The hype around Mainoo is insane. This is what happens when United get a player who isn’t shite.

He's slower than molasses and not nearly physical enough.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9109 on: March 19, 2024, 10:51:32 pm »
Mainoo in the England squad? I don't watch them apart from our games, so I'm guessing Southgate must have clocked dozens of previous stand-out performances. Right?

Cos he sure as shit wasn't any good Sunday. He ran around a bit and punted the ball straight out of play a dozen times. That was it.

Mate all the Yanited fans I know say he dominated our midfield. I'm not watching it back to check to be honest.. let the young Seedorf become the new Engerland Saviour.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9110 on: March 19, 2024, 11:07:52 pm »

Favourite for the job, surely they wouldn't be that stupid.

Would they?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #9111 on: March 19, 2024, 11:15:42 pm »
It's now the 11 o'clock news on sky sports, and they're still headlining with the Mainoo England squad news, followed by reels of him in action, accompanied with stats about him.
This has been going on all evening.
Earlier, they then went on to the story about the Ajax v Chelsea ladies game, before going back to Utd. This time 2 presenters discussing about Ratcliffe's plan for the wembley of the north, about the area around it, about the fact he doesn't want people to just go to the game and then go home. He wants them to go early, get something to eat, make a day of it etc. Really? Is he completely unaware of the behaviour of a large portion of their fans?
They also made the point that whilst they have the area around the ground to develop this, the big stumbling block is the cost.....
I swear I think Sky are only a few days away from organising a telethon for stadium funds for them! They are desperate for them to succeed.
And this renewed vigor is all because of a win in a cup match, lol.
I sincerely hope we stop with the complacency and put them to the sword early on, in our league game.

Offline Jimmy Raggatip

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9112 on: March 20, 2024, 12:13:42 am »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:00:46 pm by Jimmy Raggatip »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9113 on: March 20, 2024, 01:52:36 am »
Johnno, can I ask you why all these chants that we heard yesterday are so prevalent inside the United fan base, what do you think the reason is? It appeared to be such a large volume of people singing about Hillsborough yesterday. While I know it's gone on in the past it was never that loud before. I really worry about much more bitter this fixture is going to become unless it's sorted out, but no one wants to confront the problem. Are we all going to wait until to gets so bad that something happens? Be thankful for your thoughts on it.

I have to say these days that I'm a stay-at-home fan watching games in my bowling club or not bothering at all - it really has got that effing bad. I hate to hear Troglodyte no-brainers chanting disgraceful filth! For me, ANYONE at it ought to be banned sine die full stop. But I'm an old bastard of 78 so too many of today's alleged "fans" have no concept of respect nor any awareness of their disgusting behaviours. Hateful times sorry to say.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9114 on: March 20, 2024, 06:59:39 am »
I have to say these days that I'm a stay-at-home fan watching games in my bowling club or not bothering at all - it really has got that effing bad. I hate to hear Troglodyte no-brainers chanting disgraceful filth! For me, ANYONE at it ought to be banned sine die full stop. But I'm an old bastard of 78 so too many of today's alleged "fans" have no concept of respect nor any awareness of their disgusting behaviours. Hateful times sorry to say.

I made the mistake of going on Twitter and just reading a couple of posts on it, convinces me they are just utter scumbags who will justify anything. It's a mad world we live in.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #9115 on: March 20, 2024, 09:20:28 am »

Guess who..

He's honestly woeful, its just tremendous to see them hyping up another youngster who then gets capped, big contract, big hype. They never, ever learn. They're so obsessed with this 'we've had an academy product in every squad since 1842' that any youngster who has a half decent game for the first team is suddenly the next big thing.

Social media meme accounts don't help them, the amount of Mainoo memes I've seen after Sunday about 'dominating our midfield' was amazing, when he passed the ball straight out of play more often than I've ever seen a PL player do.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9116 on: March 20, 2024, 09:48:43 am »
He's honestly woeful, its just tremendous to see them hyping up another youngster who then gets capped, big contract, big hype. They never, ever learn. They're so obsessed with this 'we've had an academy product in every squad since 1842' that any youngster who has a half decent game for the first team is suddenly the next big thing.

Social media meme accounts don't help them, the amount of Mainoo memes I've seen after Sunday about 'dominating our midfield' was amazing, when he passed the ball straight out of play more often than I've ever seen a PL player do.

Haha I know, but I do kind of get it from one perspective when you've gone from Arambat who looks like he won a competition or Casimero who is pushing 45 to any player who runs about with intensity will seem a god!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9117 on: March 20, 2024, 12:07:37 pm »
Remember when Rashford was as good as Mbappe, media loves hyping up man utd players. They’re desperate for any good news story about them. Youd have forgotten they were 6th with the mass celebrations this week, for winning an fa cup quarter final..

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9118 on: March 20, 2024, 12:12:10 pm »
Haha I know, but I do kind of get it from one perspective when you've gone from Arambat who looks like he won a competition or Casimero who is pushing 45 to any player who runs about with intensity will seem a god!

Is it fair to say we did similar last year with Bajcetic? He stood out last year partly because our midfield had looked so poor up to that point. Shame we haven’t got to see him in a better functioning midfield this season.

Obviously Mainoo gets more hype on account of being English, and a United player.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9119 on: March 20, 2024, 12:24:41 pm »
Is it fair to say we did similar last year with Bajcetic? He stood out last year partly because our midfield had looked so poor up to that point. Shame we haven’t got to see him in a better functioning midfield this season.

Obviously Mainoo gets more hype on account of being English, and a United player.

Pretty much Bajcetic and Mainoo are both top class talents don’t see how anyone can disagree, how many 18 year olds are playing regular football in the midfield of top 6 sides? The ones who are, are  incredibly precocious.