Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by number 168 on Today at 01:46:12 pm »
Given that FSG, despite recent huge sponsorship deals, have chosen to increase my ST price I for one hope Mo stays as it's an absolute privilege to watch that guy play football.  His virtuoso goal against City and his piledriver against Chelsea will live long in the memory.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 01:43:58 pm »
Get Down on It - Kool and the Gang
Get Down And Get With It - Slade
Even if that is the case, any buyer is getting a full stadium for a fraction of the cost

An unfinished stadium that hasn't been paid for yet. They won't be getting a stadium, they are getting a building site that needs to be completed.
Our four best seasons under Klopp, August 2018 to June 2022, were also prime Fabinho.

Yup. look at the great teams from all eras, notice the (often unsung) players, Kante, Makelele, Rodri, Case, McMahon, Fabinho, Stiles, Crerand, Reid, Bremner, McGovern, Busquets, Deschamps........
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Redknight60 on Today at 01:41:25 pm »
Even if that is the case, any buyer is getting a full stadium for a fraction of the cost
Buying most clubs comes with a stadium. The debts owed on building it will still come to the buyer.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 01:40:08 pm »
I’m of the opinion we should be looking to move on but perhaps they want an extra year to scout a replacement.

To be honest it might not just be a year to scout his replacement

Diaz needs a new contract or sold.

Next summer Jota is 28 and 2 years left on his deal

Nunez and Gakpo arguably have make or break seasons coming up in their Liverpool careers.

We’ve seen the club embrace doing big changes in 1 part of the team over 1-3 windows. We’ve done it in attack with Diaz-Nunez-Gakpo in successive windows. We did 4 midfielders this summer.

I wonder if we stay roughly as we are attacking wise going into 24/25. That next summer will be the time to address Salah and age, Gakpo and Nunez’s ability to reach required level and assess Jota’s durability and therefore value. That gives Hughes and Slot 12 months to assess a group that has its merits but also question marks. Might mean summer 25 is an overhaul or just a tinkering. Feels like there currently too many unknowns to overhaul our attacking options this summer. Just keeping Salah for 1 season could be part of that approach.
last summer as Klopp was building his 2.0 squad, the general view was "success would be Top 4 minimum, with a domestic cup as bonus".  we did exactly that.
now with a brand new manager (ok head coach) implementing a new system, with question marks over who the squad will actually consist of, a similar level of performance doesn't seem unreasonable.

what will "success" be for you in Slot's first season?

Same as this season. Top 4 and a trophy. Top four alone wouldn't be success.
Defo.  A proper piece of work is Bren.

Have you watched Red Eye at all Pete, any thoughts ?
Letting it be known that 90% of the vastly overpaid first team squad is available for sale, is marketing genius of which the likes of us mere mortals cannot comprehend.
Won't making this public make their players start playing shit?

Oh wait...
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by NickoH on Today at 01:37:42 pm »
I still dont see who we could buy that would be an upgrade on Nunez
Our competitors dont have better strikers (bar Haaland). I would put Son and Isak on par with him, maybe Havertz too although he's a very different type, but Jackson and Hojlund are clearly worse.
If it was easy to get a 20-non penalty goal / year striker, we would see more of them around.

Son is streets ahead of him in my opinion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10