Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2052758 times)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #15160 on: January 19, 2023, 09:15:31 pm »
Bobby isn’t going anywhere..

Says “I’m happy here and I intend to stay here and help Liverpool FC.”

Fantastic news…. He’s fallen down the pecking order, but he sets a standard in training that is unsurpassed.

Delighted to hear this

love it  8)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15161 on: January 19, 2023, 09:23:50 pm »
Is he fit?
I fucking miss him.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #15162 on: January 19, 2023, 10:10:09 pm »
Is he fit?
I fucking miss him.

All our small injury end up being a month minimum. I’m sure at the time we were told he’d miss a game or 2, he’s missed 7 games already now

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15163 on: January 19, 2023, 10:29:12 pm »
Doesn't he have a poor injury record the last 3 seasons (including this one)?

Love him to death - but if we are paying him more than his last contract - we are crazy.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15164 on: January 19, 2023, 10:39:32 pm »
As we're seeing with Henderson this isn't done in a vacuum and it's not just about Bobby but the whole squad. If we want him to stay another year or two then sure, it's great. Why the fuck did we buy Gakpo then? We needed to jump on him now so in 2025 he's finally ready?

To anybody that says "Well Nunez can play on the left as well".

Oh really? Where are Jota or Diaz lining up then? Or are you suggesting we're now paying £400k+ a week to Salah to bench him?

Holy moly, this is bonkers.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15165 on: January 19, 2023, 10:42:38 pm »
Doesn't he have a poor injury record the last 3 seasons (including this one)?

Love him to death - but if we are paying him more than his last contract - we are crazy.

More appearances than Jota to be fair.
Didn't hear anything about how long we plan to extend his stay or wages. I'd be amazed if we gave him a pay rise.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15166 on: January 19, 2023, 10:44:16 pm »
More appearances than Jota to be fair.
Didn't hear anything about how long we plan to extend his stay or wages. I'd be amazed if we gave him a pay rise.

Jota loves a big injury (though I blame Jurgen - yes I said it - for playing in that dead rubber in his first year).

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15167 on: January 19, 2023, 10:46:12 pm »
Also anybody that says FSG is skint or we've outgrown them or whatever need to just shove it. We have plenty of money. We can re-sign 2nd or 3rd choice strikers in their 30's without a sweat, there are no money issues here.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15168 on: January 19, 2023, 10:52:39 pm »
Also anybody that says FSG is skint or we've outgrown them or whatever need to just shove it. We have plenty of money. We can re-sign 2nd or 3rd choice strikers in their 30's without a sweat, there are no money issues here.

It would help if you say if you are ironic or not.. I assume you are not.. Firmino is 30+ plus; comfortable with family ( i think) and has the  choice of mid-table/below or some non-footballing countries to get something close to what he is on today. peanuts for the club..

What we really want and need is firmino jr - transfer fee + five year contract,

heart attack for the boston bean counters
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15169 on: January 19, 2023, 11:00:54 pm »

You're the one that should shove it,you're an FSG fanboy above all else,it's why you say things like Klopp said we have too many strikers,without mentioning that he said that back in 2016.

Cluelessly ironic maybe ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15170 on: January 19, 2023, 11:04:19 pm »
It would help if you say if you are ironic or not.. I assume you are not.. Firmino is 30+ plus; comfortable with family ( i think) and has the  choice of mid-table/below or some non-footballing countries to get something close to what he is on today. peanuts for the club..

What we really want and need is firmino jr - transfer fee + five year contract,

heart attack for the boston bean counters

Uhh, you don't even know what the wages are nor the agents fee or renewal bonus. Seriously it's not peanuts and it's completely disingenuous to suggest so.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15171 on: January 19, 2023, 11:07:23 pm »
Bobby staying ..... it's the Englush dentists that we need to thank!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15172 on: January 19, 2023, 11:17:06 pm »
Uhh, you don't even know what the wages are nor the agents fee or renewal bonus. Seriously it's not peanuts and it's completely disingenuous to suggest so.

::)

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15173 on: January 19, 2023, 11:18:58 pm »

I know that RB is 31 years old - seems to be a wonderful human being - lovely smile and contributed to some of the clubs best moments. sadly now - a bit injuries and lost a bit of his pace (although pace not primary asset). He is set for life

The club does not owe him anything; lowball him on a one year contract and tell his agent to fuck off

I thought you were american ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15174 on: January 19, 2023, 11:35:27 pm »
I know that RB is 31 years old - seems to be a wonderful human being - lovely smile and contributed to some of the clubs best moments. sadly now - a bit injuries and lost a bit of his pace (although pace not primary asset). He is set for life

The club does not owe him anything; lowball him on a one year contract and tell his agent to fuck off

I thought you were american ?

You're a strange one.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15175 on: January 19, 2023, 11:43:19 pm »
You're a strange one.

thats what jimmy connors said when the cool nordic started to play him

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15176 on: January 20, 2023, 12:17:37 am »
In the League we have 21 points with Bobby on the pitch in 13 matches. 7 goals, 3 assists.

We have 28 points total after 18 matches.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #15177 on: January 20, 2023, 07:24:29 am »
I think Firmino will become our Origi. Also, Gakpo can learn from him if he is to play centrally.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15178 on: January 20, 2023, 07:56:53 am »
In the League we have 21 points with Bobby on the pitch in 13 matches. 7 goals, 3 assists.

that is 1,62 with him playing and 1,56 in total - so what is the actual point ? If he plays every game we would end up at 61 points ?

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #15179 on: January 20, 2023, 08:33:05 am »

If it was down to some on RAWK the he’s been tied down across the entrance to the bus station in town for the last week.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15180 on: January 20, 2023, 08:37:38 am »
:lmao

You’re watching us this season right? You’re aware that we’re no longer running, sprinting or pressing like we used to? You’re aware we have a bloated squad with plenty of players in or heading into their 30s locked into big wages?

Claiming a new contract for Firmino is a big mistake is not a laughable claim. It’s really quite sensible. It’d be sensible even without what we’re seeing on the pitch. And Foden what we are seeing it should be understandable and reasonable to every Liverpool fan even if they ultimately disagree with it.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #15181 on: January 20, 2023, 08:58:18 am »
You’re watching us this season right? You’re aware that we’re no longer running, sprinting or pressing like we used to? You’re aware we have a bloated squad with plenty of players in or heading into their 30s locked into big wages?

Claiming a new contract for Firmino is a big mistake is not a laughable claim. It’s really quite sensible. It’d be sensible even without what we’re seeing on the pitch. And Foden what we are seeing it should be understandable and reasonable to every Liverpool fan even if they ultimately disagree with it.

What has Foden got to do with it?

Wait, is this a Foden transfer shout.
If it was down to some on RAWK the he’s been tied down across the entrance to the bus station in town for the last week.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15182 on: January 20, 2023, 09:07:36 am »
If he's happy to stay without a wage increase (or even a drop in wages), and knowing he will be fifth in the pecking order then it's fairly harmless. I love Bobby, and I'd like him to leave on a high with a title or European Cup win instead of a muted, low-key exit like most of our legends seem to get these days.

Prevents Darwin getting the number 9 for another year though.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15183 on: January 20, 2023, 09:33:04 am »
We've spent a huge chunk of money on Nunez, we already have Jota (who was starting ahead of Bobby centrally when everyone was fit), and Gakpo has just joined and played a couple of games in that position already.  I just don't see the logic in extending a contract of someone who is getting on in age, doesn't press with anywhere near the intensity he used to, is a streaky goalscorer and has had a lot of injury issues in the past few years.

There's always talk about setting standards in training, being professional, etc, but we've got a whole bunch of players who fit that description in Milner, Henderson, Firmino, Virgil, Salah, Thiago, etc... and it hasn't done anything to prevent the messy performances of this season.  These standard bearers have made no difference at all to our results.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15184 on: January 20, 2023, 11:37:34 am »
My favourite player, sign him up!!

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15185 on: January 20, 2023, 12:23:52 pm »
Love him to bits so I was never going to be disappointed by news he's staying, but I have to agree it's not the smartest move from us unless he's been given no more than 2 years on slightly reduced coin. Just hope this doesn't drain funds or an overseas squad place needed for a mid... I'm fine with us not signing another forward for a window or three.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #15186 on: January 20, 2023, 12:55:57 pm »

And Klopp wants him, as much as Bobby himself wants to stick around.

The same posters who view Milly’s contract extension, or Hendo’s, as mistakes, seem to forget the plethora of ageing players - many, like Bobby, reliant on skill, craft, experience and desire, but not pace - still performing at the highest level.

Is Bobby past his peak? Undoubtedly, but can he still contribute meaningfully? Milly v Wolves was a perfect example of a ‘refreshed’ player past his best but still of value.

I recognise the importance of building a squad that doesn’t rely over-heavily on ageing (and for that matter, young and inexperienced) players. There’s a fine balance getting it right, and the scary way Hendo in particular, but also Fab, have lost their ‘engines’ has led to much debate. Will either return to anything like their best? Who knows. I think Hendo’s World Cup exploits, on top of a gruelling season, might partly explain his tank emptying so suddenly.

I understand those who’ve seen enough this season to demand big change now. But I think that notwithstanding Klopp’s ‘over-loyalty’ being rightly questioned, we might see, from now until May, player’s recently written off making big contributions once rested and refreshed, including those returning from injury. I might be entirely wrong, but time will tell.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15187 on: January 20, 2023, 08:38:34 pm »
I think we've been stung by the lopsided squad planning we've had more recently.

Bobby, Milner, Hendo... these are the players you tend to have as an option rather than as the starting player for the majority of games. Things like injuries, new players settling in and a ban (Nunez) are the reason sometimes these players are in the side more than you would expect. A new contract doesn't have to be a bad thing, it seems that way with us sometimes because we've not planned adequately and if you take CM for example, having too many injury prone players had us overplaying Milner earlier this season. If he's an option in the squad but not in the side every week then you don't have such an issue with it, when he's had to play a good amount of minutes in a row he struggled... you have him play less frequently (City, Wolves) and he's excellent

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15188 on: January 20, 2023, 08:53:01 pm »
As we're seeing with Henderson this isn't done in a vacuum and it's not just about Bobby but the whole squad. If we want him to stay another year or two then sure, it's great. Why the fuck did we buy Gakpo then? We needed to jump on him now so in 2025 he's finally ready?

To anybody that says "Well Nunez can play on the left as well".

Oh really? Where are Jota or Diaz lining up then? Or are you suggesting we're now paying £400k+ a week to Salah to bench him?

Holy moly, this is bonkers.

FSG appointed Ward as Sporting Director, they sign off on the deals so FSG will own this deal if Firmino is given a new contract.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15189 on: January 20, 2023, 08:57:06 pm »
We've spent a huge chunk of money on Nunez, we already have Jota (who was starting ahead of Bobby centrally when everyone was fit), and Gakpo has just joined and played a couple of games in that position already.  I just don't see the logic in extending a contract of someone who is getting on in age, doesn't press with anywhere near the intensity he used to, is a streaky goalscorer and has had a lot of injury issues in the past few years.

There's always talk about setting standards in training, being professional, etc, but we've got a whole bunch of players who fit that description in Milner, Henderson, Firmino, Virgil, Salah, Thiago, etc... and it hasn't done anything to prevent the messy performances of this season.  These standard bearers have made no difference at all to our results.

The only way it makes sense for me is if we give Bobby a two year deal with an option for a third. We can then use that breathing space to see how Gakpo and Nunez bed in and whether Jota overcomes his injury problems.

If Nunez and Gakpo bed in and Jota overcomes his injury problems then we could move Bobby on in 12 months time and cover his wages for this season. If not we move some of Gakpo, Nunez and Jota on and keep Bobby who is a decent option and someone who knows our system. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15190 on: January 20, 2023, 09:43:03 pm »
Bobby isn’t going anywhere..

Says “I’m happy here and I intend to stay here and help Liverpool FC.”

Fantastic news…. He’s fallen down the pecking order, but he sets a standard in training that is unsurpassed.

Delighted to hear this

This is a big factor if we do end up giving him a new deal. Klopp needs people around the squad - the way Milner has been - who might not play all the time, but who set a standard in training and with their attitude.

Bobby is great to have around for squad chemistry and is still a useful squad player. There's absolutely no way he'll be on huge wages either - the club have all the power here, so no way he's not taking a substantial pay cut if he's staying.

Don't know why some people have such a big issue with it.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15191 on: January 20, 2023, 09:44:36 pm »
FSG appointed Ward as Sporting Director, they sign off on the deals so FSG will own this deal if Firmino is given a new contract.

Great to know FSG is in charge of playing personnel and overrule Jurgen when it comes to existing players and transfers.

I wonder who John Henry thinks we should go buy next and for how much. Or is it, Linda?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15192 on: January 20, 2023, 10:21:18 pm »
I'm sure that sounded smart in your head.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15193 on: January 20, 2023, 10:38:14 pm »
Yeah, I love it when FSG sign off on deals. I need to know those in Boston are sitting there playing Championship manager with the players we have. Sign this one. Don't resign that one. Let's move these players on. Here's the ones we will buy. No, you can't have him, his numbers aren't great for the cost.

And of course, Jurgen sits there thankful for whomever he is given because he's just there to coach the players.

I'm happy to know the only reason we're offering Bobby another contract is because FSG want to sign off on it. Has little to do with what Jurgen wants for the squad. I mean they wouldn't want to back the manager now, would they?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #15194 on: January 20, 2023, 10:54:17 pm »
I just caught the post-'embargo' Presser (for tomorrow's Chelsea game)... Jürgen is questioned about Bobby's contract, but doesn't give too much away... apart from re-iterating that he'd like him to stay.

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15195 on: January 20, 2023, 11:13:28 pm »
Liverpool expect Roberto Firmino to extend his eight-year stay on Merseyside, with the club, at Klopp's request, ready to offer the Brazilian a new one-year contract, with an option of a second. [@neiljonesgoal]

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15196 on: January 20, 2023, 11:59:55 pm »
I like the idea of a one year extension as long as year 2 is at our choosing.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15197 on: January 21, 2023, 12:10:49 am »
I want him to stay if a deal can be found that works for both sides.

A genuine professional with a real team ethic . . . could be helpful if we have an eye on a Brazilian kid.

He has been unlucky with injuries but we are a better team with him playing.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15198 on: January 21, 2023, 12:48:10 am »
Relieved to see it's not another Hendo/Mo length contract, we've learned our lesson. Having added 3 forwards already this season, it makes sense to leave that area alone for a year or two.

See, I just knew I'd be able to rationalise another old man deal. I love our boys too much!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #15199 on: January 21, 2023, 12:59:51 am »
Just move on Jurgs …. from anyone