Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 160111 times)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #1800 on: June 18, 2021, 12:30:34 am »
you mean 'mess' like season 19/20 when Alisson got injured and Adrian played 11 Premiership Matches and ended the season with a Premiership winners medal?
He's a terrific, humble lad and clearly a good personality fit for the squad, and he did amazingly well when initially called upon.

His errors also knocked us out of the FA Cup and CL within a week, and as many posters have said is not the person you want to depend on more than the odd game or half a game even. The abuse he received on here at that time -from people who rarely single out individuals- was considerable.

Personally, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the backup role, so if as is being reported that he'll be 3rd choice there shouldn't be too much to worry about hopefully.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1801 on: June 18, 2021, 12:52:49 am »
The abuse he received on here at that time -from people who rarely single out individuals- was considerable.
Yeh that describes me, the only player I've dug into. I hold may hands up to that; I was particularly pissed off at the time, but it's not an valid excuse. I wouldn't do it now.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1802 on: June 18, 2021, 01:07:46 am »
Yeh that describes me, the only player I've dug into. I hold may hands up to that; I was particularly pissed off at the time, but it's not an valid excuse. I wouldn't do it now.
You weren't alone mate, I did it too.

Still think about what might have been if he'd just cleared that back pass to the CL stands.

Like you though, I wouldn't lay into him now the way I did at the final whistle back then. I'm sure quite a lot of us would do the same too.

He reminds me of Moreno, a genuinely likable lad, just limited in his capacity.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #1803 on: June 18, 2021, 04:55:18 am »
He was training by his self in the park, rarely gets a game.

I could not ask more of the lad.

Keep living the dream lad  :champ
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1804 on: June 3, 2023, 09:32:38 pm »
So, it turns out that Adrian is actually really wholesome. He's just set up a charity that helps disadvanted kids and immigrants. Turns out, he's also doing his coaching badges with us.

https://theathletic.com/4571735/2023/06/02/adrian-liverpool-the-13-family/?source=weeklyemail&campaign=602288

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: June 3, 2023, 10:00:58 pm »
He's clearly doing a great job to earn another contract, and just seems a lovely guy. Well done Adrian. He's a quality 3rd choice keeper.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: June 30, 2023, 06:09:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1674825160191356929

Adrian has signed a contract extension that will see him remain with the Reds for the 2023-24 season.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #1807 on: June 5, 2024, 10:29:04 pm »
Looks like we have offered Adrian a contract extension.  Hopefully he signs, as he is a very reliable number 3, and a great member of the squad. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: June 6, 2024, 02:43:58 am »
He's going to outlast us all.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: June 6, 2024, 04:56:42 am »
Now that we're producing decent prospects out of the academy, I'm happy to see us use an overseas spot on Ol' Ady.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1810 on: June 6, 2024, 09:38:14 am »
if there is such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as 3rd choice goalkeeper at a PL club.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
« Reply #1811 on: June 6, 2024, 10:20:05 am »
how have we ended up with 46 pages on Adrian what is going on
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: June 23, 2024, 06:35:47 pm »
Is about to sign for Real Betis as a free agent.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1813 on: June 23, 2024, 06:36:56 pm »
Adrian going to Betis. Wont say anything bad about him; 3rd keeper and won us a trophy in one of my personal favourite nights under Klopp. Those who get so excised we have an experienced third keeper can have a little wank though.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1814 on: June 23, 2024, 06:41:18 pm »
My favourite memory of Adrian might ironically be from his West Ham days. Took the winning the penalty in a shootout against Everton, after throwing his gloves to the ground pre-run up. That's confidence. Won us a Cup and played a good number of games in our title winning season. Good luck to him.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: June 23, 2024, 06:49:10 pm »
Good luck to him, helped us win #20 after Alisson got injured and The Super Cup.

My favourite memory of Adrian might ironically be from his West Ham days. Took the winning the penalty in a shootout against Everton, after throwing his gloves to the ground pre-run up. That's confidence.

Great moment that ;D
Fantasy abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters: united with her [reason], she [fantasy] is the mother of the arts and the origin of their marvels.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1816 on: June 23, 2024, 07:01:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vqPk_4Y1RVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vqPk_4Y1RVw</a>

;D

Can't ask for much more from a 3rd choice keeper really. Best of luck to him for what's left of his career.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: June 23, 2024, 07:16:39 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vqPk_4Y1RVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vqPk_4Y1RVw</a>

;D

Can't ask for much more from a 3rd choice keeper really. Best of luck to him for what's left of his career.

Great, great memories.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline KC7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1818 on: June 23, 2024, 11:37:39 pm »
Great lad in the dressing room by all accounts.

Good luck to him.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #1819 on: June 26, 2024, 11:02:00 pm »
I always loved how Adrian seemed to celebrate our goals from the bench so passionately. Really seemed to love being at the club and by all accounts was a very popular squad member and great professional. Wish him the best.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: July 7, 2024, 08:18:58 pm »
Liverpool FC
@LFC
Adrian departs Liverpool this summer having made a valuable contribution to the club’s successes across his five years at Anfield. 

A popular figure among teammates and staff alike, Adrian leaves the Reds with the best wishes of everybody at the club.

Thank you for everything,
@AdriSanMiguel❤️
7:09 PM · Jul 7, 2024
·
 Views

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1821 on: July 7, 2024, 09:32:06 pm »
A model professional. All the best to him and his family in the future.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: July 7, 2024, 10:12:13 pm »
A fantastic squad player who arrived at a crucial moment in the club's history.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1823 on: July 8, 2024, 01:30:08 pm »
All the best. The Super Cup win was great and I think even if Alisson was out the whole 2019/20 season we'd have won the league with him in goal, more an observation on how good we were because he obviously wasn't on Alisson's level. He done well though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1824 on: July 8, 2024, 09:40:16 pm »
The goodbye message is one of the best I've seen. He was obviously a great presence at both the training ground and the stadium and came between the posts at crucial times to advance our cause. A good Red.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1825 on: July 8, 2024, 09:46:33 pm »
He had his moment in Istanbul did Adrian, clearly a popular lad with the other players and I wish well for the future.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1826 on: July 12, 2024, 02:04:54 pm »
Only seen that goodbye video now, it’s amazing  :)

Good for Adrian, he did what he was here to do, and he did it with pride, and the club clearly means a great deal to him and his family.  It may have been a small playing part, but he was still an important part of one of the most successful spells in recent memory, as a hugely popular team player.