Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 191539 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Reply #2600 on: March 2, 2024, 06:07:14 pm »
Chelsea fans not happy:

Chelsea fans are chanting “Jose Mourinho” (@NizaarKinsella) #CFC

🚨 Chelsea fans are going for Poch now. “F*** off Mauricio” (@NizaarKinsella) #CFC

Chelsea fans are losing it in the away end. “Boehly, Boehly, you’re a c***” (@OMyles90)

per @CFCPys on Twitter
« Last Edit: March 2, 2024, 06:09:03 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2601 on: March 2, 2024, 06:09:28 pm »
If they're not careful, Boehly might get the hump and flog the club back to Ken Bates for a quid.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline swish

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2602 on: March 2, 2024, 07:55:53 pm »
chelsea fans singing for mourinho to come back today  ;D ;D , if that happens not only would they be shite, but they would be shite to watch aswell

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: March 2, 2024, 11:17:09 pm »
Chelsea fans not happy:

Chelsea fans are chanting “Jose Mourinho” (@NizaarKinsella) #CFC

🚨 Chelsea fans are going for Poch now. “F*** off Mauricio” (@NizaarKinsella) #CFC

Chelsea fans are losing it in the away end. “Boehly, Boehly, you’re a c***” (@OMyles90)

per @CFCPys on Twitter

Same songs different names.

At least they're good at recycling.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2604 on: March 2, 2024, 11:24:43 pm »
Such a classy fanbase, not.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #2605 on: March 3, 2024, 12:47:43 am »
If they're not careful, Boehly might get the hump and flog the club back to Ken Bates for a quid.

Or worse, bring back Frankie De Tory again.
We are Liverpool!

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: March 3, 2024, 12:55:29 am »
Such a classy fanbase, not.  ::)
Boehly has reset them to what they used to be. It's funny to hear their Johnny-come-lately fans saying that this is the worst they've been in their history.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: March 3, 2024, 09:34:55 am »
This video is fantastic viewing.

With a Rory Jennings timeline from Summer to early February of his Poch love fest to eventually despising him. :lmao

A Spurs fan made it.

https://x.com/ProudN17/status/1754850218200211929?s=20
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: March 3, 2024, 09:57:21 am »

With a Rory Jennings timeline from Summer to early February of his Poch love fest to eventually despising him. :lmao

A Spurs fan made it.

I liked, "Merry Christmas you Tottenham lemon."

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: March 3, 2024, 12:18:15 pm »
To get the fans off his back, Boehly will probably sack Pochettino. A new manager will be hired in the summer who will bring in players who suit his style of football. This will mean that that Chelsea have to sell some of the players brought in my Pochettino, Potter/Tuchel/Fat Frank/Sarri to make room in the squad. As most will be on long and bloated contracts, it is doubtful any will be sold for a decent proffit.

The imbalanced squad will inevitably underperform and the new manager will get the boot. The scenario in the paragraph above will then repeat its self until they run out of money. Think Everton but with Cockneys as fans.
Justice for the 96!

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: March 3, 2024, 12:21:46 pm »
To get the fans off his back, Boehly will probably sack Pochettino. A new manager will be hired in the summer who will bring in players who suit his style of football. This will mean that that Chelsea have to sell some of the players brought in my Pochettino, Potter/Tuchel/Fat Frank/Sarri to make room in the squad. As most will be on long and bloated contracts, it is doubtful any will be sold for a decent proffit.

The imbalanced squad will inevitably underperform and the new manager will get the boot. The scenario in the paragraph above will then repeat its self until they run out of money. Think Everton but with Cockneys as fans.
They look like they could get relegated in the near future if they go on like this. They'll keep selling players and the standards will keep dropping.

Now they are a midtable team with Gallagher as one of their best players. Do you think they'll improve if they sell him?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 12:25:45 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: March 3, 2024, 12:23:42 pm »

A Spurs fan made it.

Haha thats brilliant. How quickly it can turn.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: March 3, 2024, 12:24:19 pm »
Back to reality for these lot and the Bumstead years.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #2613 on: March 3, 2024, 12:24:20 pm »
Chelsea reverting back to their 90s league table standings is something I did not expect but am totally here for.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #2614 on: March 3, 2024, 12:25:29 pm »
They simulated a few seasons on manager mode in Fifa, ranked the best young players in the world by 'potential' and then bought them all. Staggering that such a genius recruitment strategy hasn't worked out.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: March 3, 2024, 01:35:36 pm »
They look like they could get relegated in the near future if they go on like this. They'll keep selling players and the standards will keep dropping.

Now they are a midtable team with Gallagher as one of their best players. Do you think they'll improve if they sell him?

Gallagher is a mid table player at best. Selling him won’t make much difference.
Justice for the 96!

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: March 3, 2024, 01:41:23 pm »

Gallagher is a mid table player at best. Selling him won’t make much difference.
He's a midtable player that's the best player for a midtable club. If a midtable club sells it's best players then that's a recipe for a relegation battle.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: March 3, 2024, 01:42:04 pm »
I think Gallagher would be a good signing for let's say Tottenham. Especially the way they play too.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: March 4, 2024, 06:26:08 am »
I'd be OK seeing him playing for us in a backup, late-sub role.  works hard, good engine, skilled, good footie sense.

that said, I wouldn't swap him for anyone in our squad now, including the kids.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2619 on: March 7, 2024, 11:06:31 am »
@Matt_Law_DT
BlueCo 22, the company which Clearlake Capital and Todd Boehly bought Chelsea and Strasbourg with, has announced a loss of £653m for the period of March 2 2022 through to June 30 2023. They have also announced Chelsea made a loss of £90.1m for the period up to June 30 2023 #cfc

@slbsn
£653m about accounting and irrelevant. But a £90.1m loss after the benefit of £142m of player trading profit is quite something.

This confirms that the Mason Mount sale was in the 22/23 numbers leading to a £142.2m player trading profit in 22/23 and, therefore, an operating loss of more than £230m. Nothing at all to suggest Chelsea can pass 23/24 PSR without a pile of sales before 30 June. On the contrary.
Ha ha ha, they're absolutely fucked.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: March 7, 2024, 11:34:12 am »
@Matt_Law_DT
BlueCo 22, the company which Clearlake Capital and Todd Boehly bought Chelsea and Strasbourg with, has announced a loss of £653m for the period of March 2 2022 through to June 30 2023. They have also announced Chelsea made a loss of £90.1m for the period up to June 30 2023 #cfc

@slbsn
£653m about accounting and irrelevant. But a £90.1m loss after the benefit of £142m of player trading profit is quite something.

This confirms that the Mason Mount sale was in the 22/23 numbers leading to a £142.2m player trading profit in 22/23 and, therefore, an operating loss of more than £230m. Nothing at all to suggest Chelsea can pass 23/24 PSR without a pile of sales before 30 June. On the contrary.
They are not a profitable business and they haven't been for over two decades. It's a selling club i.e they need to sell to balance the books. Before they had a loan army that they used to flog every year.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2621 on: March 7, 2024, 12:08:53 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if they just accept that they'll get a points deduction and assume that they'll be fine regardless.

Only problem is that Everton and Forest haven't (arguably) just fragrantly broke PSR, they've both at least shown signs of trying to get within limits. If Chelsea don't do the same then their punishment should be much larger.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2622 on: March 7, 2024, 12:21:34 pm »

Only problem is that Everton and Forest haven't (arguably) just fragrantly broke PSR

Flagrantly? Or did the duo splash on a bit of Köln?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: March 7, 2024, 12:26:31 pm »

;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: March 7, 2024, 02:10:11 pm »
They are not a profitable business and they haven't been for over two decades. It's a selling club i.e they need to sell to balance the books. Before they had a loan army that they used to flog every year.
They still have.  Currently 21 players out on loan (for context, we have six).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.#Out_on_loan

Lewis Hall is already sold as Newcastle are obliged to make the loan permanent for £28mn (+£7mn).  They also agreed to sell Ian Maatsen to Burnley for £31mn in the summer but the player refused.  I doubt they'd get that for him in the current market.

Kepa, Ziyech, Broja and Lukaku are all senior players but if they value Broja at £50mn then they're going to struggle to move them on!

Like always I think they will infuriatingly come through this fine as there's always somebody willing to sign one of their players for big money - Havertz and Mount come to mind - and if all else fails they can shuffle a few off to Saudi Arabia.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: March 7, 2024, 02:12:09 pm »
I will take Colwill, he can maybe see what a beast Quansah is already compared to him.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2626 on: March 7, 2024, 02:47:58 pm »

The point still stands. In comparison, Chelsea stink.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #2627 on: March 7, 2024, 03:49:28 pm »
The loan army was intended to circumvent FFP. The year before it came in they went on a youth spending spree, I recall De Bruyne and Lukaku signing around that time.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: March 7, 2024, 04:30:32 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if they just accept that they'll get a points deduction and assume that they'll be fine regardless.

Only problem is that Everton and Forest haven't (arguably) just fragrantly broke PSR, they've both at least shown signs of trying to get within limits. If Chelsea don't do the same then their punishment should be much larger.

Good point. There needs to be a recognition of the how flagrantly Chelsea are ignoring the rules. Neil Atkinson on TAW said the way to standardise punishments in these cases is to have an open system where the league penalises based on how far over clubs have gone over, which seems sensible. So, just to use an example, every £15m over the limit is a point deduction.

If Chelsea take the absolute piss and go more than £200m over the limits in three years, only to get the harmless (to them) 6 points that Everton got, then things are even more broken than we thought.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 04:33:51 pm by decosabute »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2629 on: March 7, 2024, 04:35:31 pm »
@Matt_Law_DT

@slbsn

If they fall short they need to be severely punished, they can't go soft on them because they are a "bigger club" than the others who've fallen foul of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #2630 on: March 7, 2024, 04:56:38 pm »
Good point. There needs to be a recognition of the how flagrantly Chelsea are ignoring the rules. Neil Atkinson on TAW said the way to standardise punishments in these cases is to have an open system where the league penalises based on how far over clubs have gone over, which seems sensible. So, just to use an example, every £15m over the limit is a point deduction.

If Chelsea take the absolute piss and go more than £200m over the limits in three years, only to get the harmless (to them) 6 points that Everton got, then things are even more broken than we thought.
Ignoring the immediate future, they have completely fucked themselves for when 2 or 3 years down the line they attempt to sell some of these flops. That's by far their biggest problem right now, and the more they kick the can down the road the worse it will be.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2631 on: March 8, 2024, 10:30:33 am »
Ignoring the immediate future, they have completely fucked themselves for when 2 or 3 years down the line they attempt to sell some of these flops. That's by far their biggest problem right now, and the more they kick the can down the road the worse it will be.

And selling expensive flops for a loss won't help them. It'll get them off the wage bill, but they'll have to record the loss on the balance sheet.

E.g, buy player X for £80m on an 8 year contract. That's a depreciation charge of £10m per year. Sell him after 2 years for £40m and that's a loss of £20m they have to record. £40m trading loss minus the £20m they've already written down.

That's why their only hope is to sell their future - the kids from the academy, as that is pure profit.

Who's going to pay them top dollar knowing they're over a barrel?

Ok, maybe Arsenal.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: March 8, 2024, 11:16:59 am »
If they fall short they need to be severely punished, they can't go soft on them because they are a "bigger club" than the others who've fallen foul of it.

If they went soft on Chelsea it would actually strengthen the case for the likes of Forest and Everton appealing. If anything, the punishment should be harsher.

Boehly didn't have to adopt this strategy. He came into Chelsea as a clean slate with goodwill. But he's shown himself up as another American who knows bugger all about football, but thinks he knows better than everyone else.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: March 8, 2024, 11:36:55 am »
And selling expensive flops for a loss won't help them. It'll get them off the wage bill, but they'll have to record the loss on the balance sheet.

E.g, buy player X for £80m on an 8 year contract. That's a depreciation charge of £10m per year. Sell him after 2 years for £40m and that's a loss of £20m they have to record. £40m trading loss minus the £20m they've already written down.

That's why their only hope is to sell their future - the kids from the academy, as that is pure profit.

Ok, maybe Arsenal.

Indeed. I think short term they should be able to raise funds, Maatsen, Gallagher, Chalobah, Broja should still fetch good money, even if they need to take a hit on the amounts they hoped because everoone will know they need to sell. They are able to do so though because these lads have decent exposure at first team level.

Who are the next batch coming through behind them that they can sell next summer or the summer after? Bought in youngsters like Chukwumeka, Santos, Washington, Angelo etc?? I highly doubt they would make the profits that their predecessors would make.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: March 8, 2024, 11:40:46 am »

Ok, maybe Arsenal.
They are stuck with the likes of Enzo, Mudryk and Caicedo and they really need them to succeed. The amortisation is low because of the long contracts they handed out so it's not worth it to move them on.

Ironically, they blew a billion to get what they already have i.e young players with potential. They already have a very good youth setup so their strategy of a bit redundant..

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2635 on: March 8, 2024, 12:15:00 pm »
Would happily relieve them of Maatsen and Colwill. The damage it would do to them and the improvement to us would absolutely be worth helping them hit those PSR rules. They’re in such a bad way that them getting £100m for Maatsen and Colwill still wouldn’t resolve their issues.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2636 on: March 8, 2024, 01:09:08 pm »
But he's shown himself up as another American who knows bugger all about football, but thinks he knows better than everyone else.

Have there been many?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2637 on: March 8, 2024, 03:52:42 pm »

The problem with that is teams can then game the system fairly easily. Using those numbers, If they are at the limit they drop 30mill on a player, take the 2 point deduction with the assumption that player is worth more than two points. It could all get a little farcical.

I’d prefer a flat ten points for each breached period. That will almost certainly cost league places/lost European football/relegation.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2638 on: March 8, 2024, 07:25:41 pm »
The problem with that is teams can then game the system fairly easily. Using those numbers, If they are at the limit they drop 30mill on a player, take the 2 point deduction with the assumption that player is worth more than two points. It could all get a little farcical.

I’d prefer a flat ten points for each breached period. That will almost certainly cost league places/lost European football/relegation.

If you want to stop them gaming the system you escalate it for each repeated breach.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: March 8, 2024, 07:28:12 pm »
Would happily relieve them of Maatsen and Colwill. The damage it would do to them and the improvement to us would absolutely be worth helping them hit those PSR rules. They’re in such a bad way that them getting £100m for Maatsen and Colwill still wouldn’t resolve their issues.

Maatsen is a strange one for them. Looks very good, their fans reckon he was a standout in pre-season and impressed at Dortmund since he got there. His stats are unreal.

They have cucurella injured, chilwell was injured for a while and sold Hall yet Poch still didn’t fancy him. Really odd one.

35m release clause, would be a very tidy signing.