Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)  (Read 39146 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »
Klopp on Chelsea: "Imagine how annoying it is when you go on that run and there's still one team six points behind."

Beautifully put.

Frozen Gin? Don't go easy on it, make it nice and Gini. ;)

Ideally it comes out the bottle 'molten'... in big icy slops. If kept in there long enough it might not come out of the bottle... but give it a few, and it'll flop out. The freezer is a great home for gin. Think I'll make it a brace...

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:42 pm »
Indeed and something i said before. One set of results that go our way and we are only 3 points behind.

Had Chelsea's 87th minute winner against WBA not gone in and Henderson's thunderbasted shot gone in against West Ham, we'd be 2 points behind them.
That's how small the margin is.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #362 on: December 31, 2016, 08:30:30 pm »
Just beat a very good side, just kept another clean sheet, and kept the most expensively assembled forward line to one shot. Superb Liverpool performance.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:07 pm »
1 goal conceded in the last 4 games. Without our best defender.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:38 pm »
1 goal conceded in the last 4 games. Without our best defender.

I wouldn't forget about Bournemouth and West Ham so quickly, but yes great form.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2016, 08:32:48 pm »
No arguments with this season - we've been utterly committed in every game, beaten Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Everton and that's with injuries to key players as well.

Chelsea will be tough to dismantle but if we keep improving then who knows? Klopp has done a brilliant job with the money spent. 2017 is going to be fun!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2016, 08:33:35 pm »
Thought we did well to turn the second half into a scrap once City had a bit of momentum. Loved Lallana's shoulder barge on Silva near the end. It was risky, very risky, but he did it perfectly. I'm consistently surprised at how confidently we play the physical side of the game, even when we aren't playing well in possession and look like we are losing our hold.   

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2016, 08:34:49 pm »
Get in there!!!! Not the best game we've played but we soaked up the pressure when we needed to!!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2016, 08:35:00 pm »
I wouldn't forget about Bournemouth and West Ham so quickly, but yes great form.

I honestly would, they were a blip and even Chelsea will throw away silly points at some points.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »
Dominated without the ball

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »
I honestly would, they were a blip and even Chelsea will throw away silly points at some points.

They haven't for how many games now?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2016, 08:36:28 pm »
Get in Reds! Second half was one of the most nerve wracking halves of football I've watched from Liverpool in a long time despite City being toothless and created nothing. I was critical of how we were playing in the second half but upon reflection and listening to Klopp it was clearly a deliberate strategy to sit a bit deeper. It worked a treat. While it's never fun to watch the opposition dominate possession if they're creating nothing it's nothing to be concerned about. We should really have been out of sight anyway if you consider the poor decision making we displayed in glorious counter attack scenarios on a few occasions. Thought the centre half pairing was rock solid again - the fact that Aguero did not get one touch in our box in 90 minutes is a sensational statistic and a credit to the defence. The midfield were a credit again - calm in possession and defensively astute. Delighted for Wijnaldum. He is a lovely lad and a really positive influence on the club. Lallana put in a fearless performance once again and Henderson was solid as ever.

My only concern was Roberto Firmino who has been terrible for weeks now. He was lacklustre and careless - we could have had a 2 or 3 goal lead if he had done his job competently. I know he'll be back but he's anonymous these days and should be under pressure from Sturridge. Overall, the team is a credit to their manager. We have the best team ethic in the league - 5 wins in 7 games without Coutinho demonstrates that we don't rely on the individual but the unit. We have bounced back from terrible setbacks at Burnley and Bournemouth to really make a statement in the league. A wonderful end to a fantastic transitionary year for the club. The strides Klopp has made with the squad week by week are tremendously exciting and point to a very positive future. We've put four points between ourselves and City - Chelsea are only six points ahead and can be got at. Happy New Year Reds!

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2016, 08:37:21 pm »
Very very very poor result.
Should've won that 2-0 to show a true mark of a quality team.

Just kidding, what a bloody fantastic performance. Each and every red man should feel proud tonight.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »

Will they?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2016, 08:38:36 pm »
They haven't for how many games now?

Their run has to end sometime, I think the end of January at Anfield looks like a pretty good place for it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2016, 08:39:18 pm »
Will they?

Probably, if they don't they don't and if they do we'll pounce and punish them for it.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2016, 08:40:03 pm »
This Gini lad, he sure likes to score some beautiful headers.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »
That was a ridiculouly impressive defensive performance. Cant imagine a Pep side has been shut down like that very often.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2016, 08:43:19 pm »
If we were to win every game till the end of the season then Chelsea could not afford to lose a game. Anfield on the 31st is massive, need to hang on to them until then. A win on that day and the psychology shifts.

Having said that top three is priority, we have others on our heels as well.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2016, 08:44:52 pm »
Will they?

Cracks are starting to appear though, they conceded 2 today and it could have been 3 against what must be said is a poor Stoke side. When's the last time they even conceded 2+? Against Arsenal I believe. We're getting there, and I believe it'll be against Tottenham when the bubble bursts. We just have to keep doing our job as well.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2016, 08:45:07 pm »
If we were to win every game till the end of the season then Chelsea could not afford to lose a game. Anfield on the 31st is massive, need to hang on to them until then. A win on that day and the psychology shifts.

Having said that top three is priority, we have others on our heels as well.

I think we'll finish in the top two at the very least, although anywhere in the top four would be great and first would be fucking amazing!

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2016, 08:46:40 pm »
If Chelsea win their remaining games - against all the teams in the league, they deserve to be champions.

Our next target is to get to 20 wins as quickly as possible, then see where we are. Lets start by beating Sunderland

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2016, 08:46:45 pm »
Will they?

Of course they will. They wont win 30 odd games on the bounce. If they do it'll be one of - if not THE best - sporting achievements of all time. They are riding the crest of a wave at the moment but they'll drop points.

The key is to beat them at home in a months time. If we can maintain the current gap, or at least cut it by a couple of points, we'll get a boost heading in the final third of so of the season.

Chelsea have to play teams fighting relegation, battling for the title, chasing top 4. Teams are not going to roll over for them. If they keep up this level of form (or close to it), then they'll deserve the title. But the odds are that they'll stumble at more than one point, and we have to be close enough to pounce when they do.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2016, 08:47:49 pm »
Been out all day with the wife and kids, bumped into my youngest sons mates Dad who is a proper bitter blue (what is it with Blue shirts and bitterness?), funny as fuck seeing his miserable face and hearing his excuses  ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:19 pm »
   :P

Wrong thread mate... thats man utd 'corner turned'

Top win from us. Really solid performance

Happy new year

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
Get the fuck in. Huge performance and result for us

Happy new year reds :)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:23 pm »
Can we please open the Mignolet thread? I know he didn't do much but he came out at the right time and outplayed the fuck out of Aguero that one time. Good man.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 31, 2016, 08:51:46 pm »
Of course they will. They wont win 30 odd games on the bounce. If they do it'll be one of - if not THE best - sporting achievements of all time. They are riding the crest of a wave at the moment but they'll drop points.

The key is to beat them at home in a months time. If we can maintain the current gap, or at least cut it by a couple of points, we'll get a boost heading in the final third of so of the season.

Chelsea have to play teams fighting relegation, battling for the title, chasing top 4. Teams are not going to roll over for them. If they keep up this level of form (or close to it), then they'll deserve the title. But the odds are that they'll stumble at more than one point, and we have to be close enough to pounce when they do.

Too many bedwetters giving up far too early. Year City first won the PL from the other lot, both of them threw away big leads, 2014 we all know what happened. We're matching Chelsea game after game, they know they have to keep winning or we'll take advantage. Both of us will drop points, we just need to make sure we drop less than them
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:04 pm »
Dominated without the ball

Thought it was a very Rafa-esque performance against a top side. Controlled the space and kept them at arms length whilst always looking dangerous on the counter.

Imagine having a manager who can set up a side to control the space like that, then in the next game could be totally dominant and rip a side to bits with lethal football. Klopp is the total package that's for sure.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:05 pm »
Don't like to be one of those teams that needlessly waste time at the end of a game, I know others do it and its 'game management' or some such shite but I don't like it in others and feel its not what we do

Glad for the result though

Strange gripe that, thought it was excellent game management myself

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:36 pm »
Good, gritty win. Important to show we can win games in different ways. Not bad for a team some on here describe as mentally weak.

We play before the others in the next round of fixtures, our chance to put a bit of pressure on rather than react to other results.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2016, 08:55:01 pm »
Henderson heel is not the same one

Echo reporting it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CheadleBlue

• Boys Pen
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »
Never thought I'd see a Pep team so poor on the ball, concerned?

Yes very much so.  We've been like this a lot the past season and a half.  There are games where we are brilliant (Sevilla, PSG last season. the Derby, Barcelona this year) but mostly it's been a lot of possession but lack of quality, penetrative passing when it counts.  In all honesty, I think you were well below your best today, but we still never looked like scoring.  I hope I'm wrong, but both Aguero and Silva look past their best for me. 

Offline CheadleBlue

• Boys Pen
« Reply #393 on: December 31, 2016, 08:57:58 pm »
Yes very much so.  We've been like this a lot the past season and a half.  There are games where we are brilliant (Sevilla, PSG last season. the Derby, Barcelona this year) but mostly it's been a lot of possession but lack of quality, penetrative passing when it counts.  In all honesty, I think you were well below your best today, but we still never looked like scoring.  I hope I'm wrong, but both Aguero and Silva look past their best for me.

But enough of all that.  happy new year to all of u here ... you deserve more than a few tonight ;D   :wave

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 31, 2016, 08:58:30 pm »
Henderson heel is not the same one

Echo reporting it

Which is probably good news as if it is just a minor injury, it won't be affected by his already existing problem.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 31, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »
It doesn't feel like we're only halfway through the season.

That's a lot of points to fight for and everyone will drop points, even at unexpected times.
We're in a great position and if anything the pressure is on Chelsea right now. They know that one slip up and we're within striking distance with a lot of games to go. And we have the beating of anyone.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2016, 09:00:34 pm »
   :P

Wrong thread mate.  That bed's not wet. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2016, 09:00:48 pm »
We've conceded one goal in four games since Migs came back in, and won all four, which is just incredible.
shhhhh don't say it loud...migs will hearr ;) ;) ;)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:22 pm »
I have to say I really liked the way the game was seen out professionally. No silly risks, just playing with sensible cool heads. It's much nicer than the classic Liverpool chaos that we've seen in previous seasons.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:43 pm »
Those penetrative, clinical passes are hard, but it was the lack of keeping simple possession or recycling the ball that surprised me. Simple passes going out of play or straight to a Liverpool player, I've never seen that from a Pep team.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."