Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)  (Read 39143 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Re: Liverpool 1 - Man City 0 (7' Gini)
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:26 pm »
Don't like to be one of those teams that needlessly waste time at the end of a game, I know others do it and its 'game management' or some such shite but I don't like it in others and feel its not what we do

Glad for the result though

The first thing I thought when we did that was that it was exactly what Chelsea do - think back to 13/14 when we should have done that a few times and I'm 100% fine with it. Made up with that win!

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:32 pm »
Solid and professional win. LFC seemed to go off the boil in the middle of the second half. Was it fatigue, tactical set up, or City changing their approach or a combination of -  all I don't know, but it was a very cagey game in the second half. Very impressive performance.  :wave

PS: just saw the after-game interview with Mr. Klopp. He confirmed the reason why he had the lads sit back and counter  was because of the  next game. To be fair we did have a few chances on the counter where  better decisions and technical excecution could have resulted in a 3 or 4 to 0 win.all very interesting. Onward and upward we go! The next fixture is huge! Then I believe we have 5 days off????
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:20:32 pm by GeorgiaRed »

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »
Get in. Beating one of the top teams with one of our poorest performances all season. I'll take that all season. Gini outstanding.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »
Best defensive performance of the season, against one of the most attacking minded teams as well  ;D ::)

Wijnaldum MOM for me, not just because of the goal but he was excellent all around. Change of tactics from Klopp, and they worked brilliantly you have to say. I don't remember Mignolet making one save of note other than a weak shot by Aguero from 25 yards out. Great performance, if we keep our heads down and just continue doing what we have been for the last couple of weeks we'll get our reward. Chelsea will drop points at some time, and we'll be there to capitalize. You can sense the belief growing among the players as well.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2016, 07:32:52 pm »
Don't like to be one of those teams that needlessly waste time at the end of a game, I know others do it and its 'game management' or some such shite but I don't like it in others and feel its not what we do

There's a time and a place to play like that... today was definitely the time and place!
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:24 pm »
Firmino really does need to sort his performances out. Absolutely killed a number of counter attacks in the 2nd half which could have made things far easier. I get why he's preferred to others when he's on it, but when he's playing like this it really is pointless. Trying to do some fancy spin when we've countered and have them outnumbered is one of the dumbest things I've seen on a football pitch in quite some time.
Except it was a great piece of skill that should have won us a foul in a very dangerous area should the referee make the right decision.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:30 pm »

Fuck that we won't win shit without game management what a baffling statement  ::)   Not every game is going to be a 5-0 thumping of beautiful football.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »
What!!!
We're winning 1-0? I thought we didn't do 1-0 win, but we basically nullify one of the most potent side in Europe. We can defend when we need to. Another important aspect to add to our game. Great.

Oh, happy New Year!!!Frohes Neues Jahr
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »
Think I'm gonna get me some happy
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:37 pm »
City had blown themselves out by 80 mins and had created fuck all. Thought we'd sneak a second before the end if anything.

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2016, 07:33:38 pm »
We're maturing so quickly this season. Professional and tactical job done on City. May not be as entertaining as normal free flowing game, but more impressed by a controlled 1-0 against City than I would have been by outscoring them in a manic goal fest of a game. Loved the way we switched it up and kept them out of the game for large chunks of it, looking solid in the process. Job done, looked convincing whilst nowhere near our usual threat going forward and it's a very happy new year!

Onwards we go...
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:14 pm »
to be honest for all the money Man City have spent over the last 5 years, they are not that good.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »
Scrappy 1 nil win......and that's how you win titles. Get in ! All the best to everyone. Here's to 2017

Indeed. We've done what need it to win. Don't we have Sunderland something about 43 hours from now?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »
we've only let ourselves down at Bournemouth. Chelsea won't win every game and we can put in a run. Happy New Year Reds!
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:38 pm »
Thought I was going to have a stroke in the second half.

When they had that shot cleared off the line?
Or when Aguero hit the post the second time?
Or the peno shout?
Or when they kept forcing corner after corner?

Oh wait, none of that happened.

Piece of piss. 

:wave  Come on you mighty fucking Reds, we're coming for you plastic flag waving twats!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »
Brilliant so far, quality header from Wijnaldum.

Containing them really well & controlling the game.

I'd be more than happy if that was the final score, but it's hard to believe they won't score.

Get in!! ;D Consider me more than happy.

As much as I love to see us relentlessly attack, today we've shown a different side to our play. We let them have the ball most of the 2nd half, but we didn't let them do anything with it. Very impressive that we hardly gave them a sniff considering the quality in their side.

Happy New Year everybody!  :scarf :wave

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:06 pm »

?????????????????

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:19 pm »
Got what we wanted 3 points winning ugly is the same as winning pretty they both get 3 points. Was surprised DS did not feature probably get a run out monday.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:21 pm »
Or the peno shout?

Piece of piss. 

:wave
I know mate but I was still nervy regardless. Very very important win, after making my day.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »
Superb stuff from the Reds.  Showed that we can do the Chelsea thing of being a tight unit, while retaining our flair.

Man Of The Match goes to George Sephton for his choice of final whistle song.  Legend.   8)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »
Such a great way to end 2016  8) 8)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »
I need someone to help me out here because I am confused as fuck.

I thought we were meant to have a shit defence yet held City to nothing; 1 goal conceded in 4 games btw.

I thought we were fucked without Coutinho but we have won 5 of the 7 he has been out.

Are we actually a very good side after all? The 'experts' don't seem to agree  ???

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:00 pm »
Get in redmen! Huge win, that.

Despite a yellow in the first five minutes, Ragnar Klavan was outstanding. And what a header by Wijnaldum!

Happy New Year, Reds!

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »
One moment of sheer class in a mundane game of football was the difference.

Hey Wijnaldum, where ever did that come from? :)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:20 pm »
Probably our most spectacular unspectacular performance of the season so far?

Clean sheet.

Fuck off City.

Fuck off Chelsea.

That'll do.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:21 pm »
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
0 - Sergio Aguero didn't have a single touch of the ball in the Liverpool box in his 90 minute appearance today

I didn't even know we're capable of defending this good even in a low block.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:24 pm »
Delighted with that, showed a very different side that we will need to show even more of if we are to get our hands on that trophy at the end of the season. Brilliant stuff.

4 years ago almost to the day we played city at the etihad on the brink of a title challenge. We played fucking brilliantly in a wide open expansive game but ended with nothing. This time it was a totally different game but weve got the 3 points. Take that all day long.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:26 pm »
Indeed. We've done what need it to win. Don't we have Sunderland something about 43 hours from now?

Yes add in a Sturridge who didn't play, so is fresh to tear them a new one.  :D

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »
Did Milner just say, that Sterling is the best player on his position?  ::)
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:59 pm »
Smashing game, I never felt it was in doubt. I thought they might have scored but we would always get one more than them.

Oh, and "Ragi?"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »
I know mate but I was still nervy regardless. Very very important win, after making my day.

Enjoy it.

Great way to end the year.

What an incredible job by Klopp and his staff who have got us where we are with a negative spend in the transfer market.

Absolutely brilliant stuff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »
Anyone who thinks that was a poor performance is mad. It wasn't an expansive, gung ho performance but it was an excellent, solid display that completely nullified city.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »
That Sterling is some twat, heh? Massive twat. And yet, he's so microsized that he fits in Jimmy Milner's pocket.

BWahahahHAHAHahahahaha

"Sterling, I'm going to take you out of my pocket and put you on the mantle so I can iron my shorts."

Dwarfish cuntish wage-chasing stupid-looking greedy tossbag, fuck right off.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2016, 07:37:31 pm »
Thought we were excellent defensively, Lovren and Klavan were superb.

Not at our best going forward but we got the three points and a clean sheet to end what has been a really encouraging year for the club.  Delighted for Wijnaldum to get the goal, he was great tonight and hopefully will get a few more for us in 2017.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:00 pm »
Or the peno shout?

Piece of piss. 

:wave  Come on you mighty fucking Reds, we're coming for you plastic flag waving twats!

They kept having the ball in our half! That's more than enough to make me nervous in this kind of game.

But yeah, in retrospect, it was a piece of piss and I didn't really need to smoke eight thousand cigarettes to get through the second half.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:12 pm »
Didn't think we ever looked like conceding, I was comfortable all game, we defended so well.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:17 pm »
so, so easy. never troubled, never at risk - creation and destruction in equal amounts mean this team is going to do amazing things over the next few years.

the peperor's new clothes are really (not) showing though :lmao  all that money spent and they can only bring on the android jesus :lmao :lmao :lmao

it's us and chelsea right to the wire this season.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:29 pm »
Minor quibble but must have been about 4 or 5 of those touchline tussle balls they got which were actually throws/corners to us.

Origi's close control is boss.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »
What a great way to end the  year. Nice hard win. Great team showing. Happy new year everyone. Thanks to the mods and the posters who make RAWK such a great play to visit and be alongside.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2016, 07:38:48 pm »
"Sterling, I'm going to take you out of my pocket and put you on the mantle so I can iron my shorts."

:lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.