Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM  (Read 36247 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Re: Everton v Liverpool: 227th Merseyside Derby Monday 8PM
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2016, 01:06:37 am »
Got a feeling this is going to be a mad game like the Gary Mac one in 2001

We'll win a real ding dong game 3-2

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2016, 01:56:30 am »
I hope Everton are really  reved up  for this one. We'll beat them soundly if they lose discipline.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2016, 02:00:59 am »
This will be their obi one Kenobi moment. They will let us win and they will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. In a galaxy far away of course :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:58 am »
We battered them 4-0 at Anfield and to be honest 4-0 flattered them. They've added Gueye to the midfield and Bolasie who is now out for the season. Williams at the back is a slight improvement on John Stones but that isn't saying a great deal.

It's still the same team pretty much. We have fitter players, faster players. We play much better football than them and have scored twice as many goals as them. Yeah, they might have a nasty streak in one or two players that we don't have but that wont be the difference between the sides. Coutinho missing is a blow for us and possibly Matip too but we've got enough in reserve to cope.

Form goes out of the window in these games but it shouldn't need to. Ride the early storm from them (the fumeometer will be at raging point before kick off) and take the sting out of it. Once we do that and start getting our attacking players into the right areas they wont know how to cope.

I sense a big game from Firmino. He's been off the boil for a while but I can see him bouncing back with a goal or two. We're just better than them in almost every department and the table proves that (as it has done for many years).

Winning and losing often does not come down to who is better (we see it every week in the prem).   

This has to do with our ability to assert dominance over a long time ----> and the whole city remembering every aspect.  This is something that we have struggled with too --- just not in this fixture ---- but winning the league.

The best thing for the Bitters is to forget and start a new --- with a bunch of players who neither care about the rivalry nor understand.

The best thing for us is to remind them "what time it is" (Sturridge)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:23:12 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2016, 02:18:40 am »
Massive game tonight!   Allez Les Rouges! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2016, 03:45:22 am »
Everton looking for their third or fourth win in 227 games against us.

This stat is pretty inaccurate.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2016, 03:46:21 am »
Every time they feel confident it's always good news for us.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:59 am »
This will be their obi one Kenobi moment. They will let us win and they will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. In a galaxy far away of course :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

He hasn't got Wan, doesn't need Wan.

And turned into Palpatine.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2016, 03:51:16 am »
We can catch up though, it just depends on how far behind we are. I said that if we go into the new year more than 6 points behind Chelsea then we probably won't catch up, but if we keep it to 6 points or even 7 at a stretch, there's still a chance. Chelsea have Spurs (a), Leicester (a) and us at Anfield all in January. And right after they play us, their first game of February is Arsenal. It's a must win but even if we fail to win then I still wouldn't crown Chelsea as champions just yet.

Mathematically, yes we can. Practically speaking, we need to keep the points difference to 6 points and no more. Chelsea are due to drop points. But when they do, we must be around to capitalise. If not, we'll be stuck in a three-way or four-way battle again.

You're obviously not very good at math then if you think 9 points is an insurmountable points difference with 63 still available. It isn't a MUST win but obviously it's a game the entire fanbase desperately wants to win for obvious reasons. Anyone thinking this is a must win (excluding the fact that it's a derby) or that we can't catch up to 1st place should we drop points is using crazy hyperbole and needs to chill the fuck out. 

Yeah, by that logic Man Utd are title contenders.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2016, 04:13:14 am »
Doesn't really matter about 'catching up' or whatever at this stage.

The way to the title is simple. Keep winning. Keep adding 3 points to the total. We'll see where we are in May.

We're not in Europe this year. The league is our one and only priority. You can be certain we'll be going into every game with the best possible XI to win the game.

I think it's not really helpful to think about Chelsea at this stage. They're obviously a very good team and will post a good points total by the end of the year. Thinking too much about where we are in relation to them though, will be putting unnecessary pressure on ourselves.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2016, 05:41:00 am »
Just win... Any scoreline would be okay if we are to get 3 points
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2016, 06:28:31 am »
We haven't won there in ages...would be great if we did.
Hate Monday night games if only because of the wait... Hours to go now...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2016, 06:46:53 am »
As they haven't lost at home this season, a point will be decent.But the Derby is always tough to call and any outcome wouldn't surprise me....except a 0-0 draw!

Deffo reckon there is goals in it, unless both teams are happy to sit back, avoid defeat and turn it into a drab affair.

3-2 to us would be brilliant, haha and I'm normally pretty good at predictions, so here's hoping. Come on you Mighty Reds!!!

PS.. they are not all bad you know, hope the atmosphere is remembered for all the right reasons.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:53:03 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2016, 06:57:52 am »
I think in our last few games you've seen the best and worst of us. I'm just hoping that bump in the road was quickly remedied at Middlesbrough but at the end of the day I'm also cautious that we can turn in a performance and capitulation like Bournemouth and also play some real high quality stuff like at Boro` so your just hoping we turn up and play to our level, if we do then they don't come anywhere near our level,but we need to be at 100 percent for 90 minutes.

Incidentally if we play anyone and are on our game for 90 minutes we beat them, it's just those lapses or succumbing to Bournemouth in the manner we did still cast doubts in my mind.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:59:35 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2016, 07:16:19 am »

???

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2016, 07:46:16 am »
Got a feeling one of our players are going to do a madness this game.  Im going to go with Mane banging in one or two and getting sent off.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2016, 07:47:41 am »
This is gonna be a cracker I feel.
Goals a plenty.

Just prayin' they don't get the hump and try to banjax LFC palyers.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:57 am »
Keep Lukaku quiet or say cut the supply lines and score early we will win.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2016, 08:31:11 am »
As they haven't lost at home this season, a point will be decent.But the Derby is always tough to call and any outcome wouldn't surprise me....except a 0-0 draw!

Deffo reckon there is goals in it, unless both teams are happy to sit back, avoid defeat and turn it into a drab affair.

3-2 to us would be brilliant, haha and I'm normally pretty good at predictions, so here's hoping. Come on you Mighty Reds!!!

PS.. they are not all bad you know, hope the atmosphere is remembered for all the right reasons.

It would be brilliant if we were the first to beat them at home. It would make them sick to the pit of their stomachs.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2016, 08:34:15 am »
It would be brilliant if we were the first to beat them at home. It would make them sick to the pit of their stomachs.
Hehee  ;D They'll blame the referee and the FA for the conspiracy
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2016, 08:49:16 am »
I normally say just 3 points please and I don't care how it comes, but with this lot I want us to smash them. Just so I can spend the next few days watching the blue fewm haze and read the delusional posts while I'm stuck at work. Oh and also because they're twats
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2016, 09:11:09 am »
The fume at the final whistle at Woodison ;D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2016, 09:28:35 am »
The fume at the final whistle at Woodison ;D

;D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2016, 09:39:07 am »
Don't care what anyone says but Everton away is always the biggest game in our league season.

It'll be a good atmosphere tonight. Just hope we can get the ball down and play our game. If we do that then we should create the opportunities needed to win.

Any type of win will do though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2016, 09:47:50 am »
Wonder what minute for their first boo and penalty appeal?

I hope we smash these horrible c*nts. And if we can't then a stoppage time winner for us via corruption after being battered for 90mins

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2016, 09:50:24 am »
We've got to keep our composure, as Mirallas and co will fly around trying to disable everything in a Red shirt.

Not going to be pretty, in fact I think it will be a bit of a bore, but so long as we bore everyone by one goal more than them that's all that counts. Don't look forward to these like I used to anymore for many reasons and it won't be a game for the faint hearted. Wondering also what the Monday night effect will be. Very weird playing it now, but I guess that's what £3bn gets.

Irrespective, COME ON YOU REDMEN!

On a side note, I've been thinking that a version of "Blue Moon" should be created for such games, but called "Blue Fume". Pretty sure some of the cards on here will come up with appropriate lyrics...  ;D Be good to have a new song for these games after all these years!  ;)

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
Can't wait.

Was speaking to a young blue earlier & he was all made up that he is attending his 1st Woodison derby tonight.
I told him not to get too excited 'cause normally when the anticipation & expectations are high..it can be a dour affair..
What surprised me a tad..this lad has bleated blue this blue that for a long time & when i found out it was his 1st derby..at 24 years old..i couldn't help myself,i laughed loud & shared some beautiful Woodison moments..
Like in '85 (which still is my favourite) when i told him there were 4 or 5,000 reds on the Gwladys st..he said fuck off..
Yep i said..Dalglish scored after 27 sconds..fuck off again..

Reminisce lads & lasses..i was ehind the opener that day,real funny remembering now which i will share one day.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/HNuq-lDtTCM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/HNuq-lDtTCM</a>

How many were in the St end that day?

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:07 am »
SkySports are reporting that both Joel Matip and Emre Can are set to be passed fit to face Everton this evening.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2016, 10:23:54 am »
SkySports are reporting that both Joel Matip and Emre Can are set to be passed fit to face Everton this evening.

Was just going to ask about this. Bench for them then. Great options to have to throw on.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2016, 10:32:06 am »
Pleasing lack of doom and gloom from the bedwetters in here so far.

Looking forward to this, no work today/tomorrow, few beers, nice and relaxed, just like the old days.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2016, 10:36:48 am »
Great news if true as will be nice to see Matip back in the backline and Can will add some depth to our somewhat depleted bench. Form will be thrown out the window tonight as these games always test the nerves esp players making their debut in a derby. Looking forward to it ...some great memories there from 85. Two of the best teams ever for us both.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:27 am »
Was just going to ask about this. Bench for them then. Great options to have to throw on.
Matip will start if fit
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2016, 10:48:31 am »
Pleasing lack of doom and gloom from the bedwetters in here so far.

Looking forward to this, no work today/tomorrow, few beers, nice and relaxed, just like the old days.

Plenty of time to wet the bed.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2016, 11:04:51 am »
Matip will start if fit

no point risking him if he still not 100%

him and emre on the bench would thicken the squad a bit.

No news on sturridge?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2016, 11:08:08 am »
Goodison   Total   %
Everton   36   35%
Liverpool   34   33%
Draws   33   32%
Total   103   

Anfield   Total   %
Liverpool   43   43%
Everton   24   24%
Draws   34   34%
Total   101   

Total   Total   %
Liverpool   77   38%
Everton   60   29%
Draws   67   33%
Total   204   

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:03 am »
no point risking him if he still not 100%

him and emre on the bench would thicken the squad a bit.

No news on sturridge?
Matips injury is an odd one. Klopp has said as much. If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start, it varies from game to game whether he can play or not.

If he's passed fit, he'll play I reckon.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2016, 11:15:55 am »
Hope Origi destroys Mori.

Remember how he was holding the crest towards the Everton fans when he got sent off, after he did that shithouse challenge and they were losing 2-0 at the time.

Not quite sure why he was so proud of himself or their club.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2016, 11:18:36 am »
I've a job interview at 2, so after that goes badly it's very important that the Redmen do their utmost to elevate my mood. Prediction 3-1 to Liverpool, but I'll be ringing my cousin to tell him they are favourites in an attempt to jinx the Bitters.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2016, 11:30:15 am »
Hope Origi destroys Mori.

Remember how he was holding the crest towards the Everton fans when he got sent off, after he did that shithouse challenge and they were losing 2-0 at the time.

Not quite sure why he was so proud of himself or their club.

Embarrassing twat. Hope Big Divok ruins him tonight.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2016, 11:34:22 am »
I've a job interview at 2, so after that goes badly it's very important that the Redmen do their utmost to elevate my mood. Prediction 3-1 to Liverpool, but I'll be ringing my cousin to tell him they are favourites in an attempt to jinx the Bitters.

Good luck!

I have a feeling they will try make this a dogged affair.....similar to Arsenal game. They'll probably think they can win it that way by getting under our skin.
To be fair Koeman didn't let his Southampton throw in the towel against us last season either (in their last game against us anyway)

But fuck them
Fuck Mori
Fuck everything blue today

We'll win this
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:10:40 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.