Author Topic: John Wark  (Read 14933 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: John Wark
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 04:21:34 pm »
think 86/7 he took a few pennos

think he even got 2 in one match. edit : http://www.liverweb.org.uk/season.asp?season=198687

just the one, got mixed up as he scored 2 in one game, one of which was a penalty. Big Jan took over then

sorry stand corrected on this one thanks.

As for good company I think most of the players from this era are good company now, met Rushie a couple of times some years back,  ironically through one of his brothers Stef who played for Colwyn Bay. Also Nigel Clough when Burton were briefly in the same league as Colwyn Bay or might have been a cup game, and Mike Marsh also playing against Colwyn Bay. All sound guys.

It is also true we need a midfield player similar to John but would he fit into todays style of football?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »
It is also true we need a midfield player similar to John but would he fit into todays style of football?
i dont see why not

midfielder bombing into the box to score truckloads a season with perfect timing

if anything he was before his time. if there was a midfielder now who did that he'd be moving clubs for 30 odd million
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:12 pm »
i dont see why not

midfielder bombing into the box to score truckloads a season with perfect timing

if anything he was before his time. if there was a midfielder now who did that he'd be moving clubs for 30 odd million

i reckon your right about that, i always wonder about players in different time slots.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 09:31:03 am »
i reckon your right about that, i always wonder about players in different time slots.
its hard not to

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »

Offline Christy Phelan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:28 pm »
Fergie was praising him only recently.  Likened him to Lampard.

I think he lived in Sanfield Park when he was with us.