Author Topic: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)  (Read 27842 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)
« Reply #280 on: November 2, 2023, 02:55:37 pm »
If John hadn't died, I'm almost certainly they'd have reformed in the 90s and absolutely wiped the floor with a lot of the crap that was doing the rounds back then.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #281 on: November 2, 2023, 02:58:47 pm »
Sounds a hell of a lot better than Free as a Bird or Real Love, just I personally think they are better songs.

Wonder if they ever thought of cleaning up John's voice on those 2 tracks with this modern technology?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #282 on: November 2, 2023, 03:00:45 pm »
I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much for some reason but I really like it. Great song!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 2, 2023, 03:40:29 pm »
I echo all the positivity about the new song, loved the short fild last night also.
Great stuff, makes me very nostalgic and lucky to have lived through an amazing era, albeit I was very very young..

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #284 on: November 2, 2023, 04:18:18 pm »
It's lovely and sad at the same time. I wasn't ready for the emotional punch of Paul counting in John's opening line.

Up the Beatles. Up the Reds

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #285 on: November 2, 2023, 04:26:41 pm »
It's... alright?  Feels like the production is doing a lot of the heavy lifting.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 2, 2023, 06:00:11 pm »
It's... alright?  Feels like the production is doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

It's better than alright. It fits the Beatles.

Agreed that the production helps - but wasn't that the point?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: November 2, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
I was listening to Craig Charles this morning,thought the song was a bit meh,i'm not really a Beatles fan :o but they do have some nice pop tunes,this one wasn't.Right then where's the Gaza thread!! :)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 2, 2023, 07:30:08 pm »
Sounds like a Crowded House B-side. I'm glad people like it but c'mon, if it was released under another name no one would care.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 2, 2023, 08:10:18 pm »
Sounds like a Crowded House B-side. I'm glad people like it but c'mon, if it was released under another name no one would care.

but again - isn't that the point?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #290 on: November 2, 2023, 08:18:38 pm »
I've never heard a bad Crowded House B-side, so yeah, I'm in.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #291 on: November 2, 2023, 09:07:12 pm »
My mum once swore blind to me that the crowded house song “weather with you” was a cover of a Beatles song. “I know the betakes, I grew up with them”.

When I pointed out that this was nonsense she didn’t talk to me for a day.  Ah well.

The song is  crap though sadly.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: November 3, 2023, 10:14:45 am »
It sounds like a decent B-side track. I'm surprised at the number of people swooning over it, but then it IS the Beatles. It's not bad by any means, although it is rather melancholy.

Out of the "new" songs, I still prefer Real Love.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #293 on: November 3, 2023, 10:28:37 am »
It sounds like a decent B-side track. I'm surprised at the number of people swooning over it, but then it IS the Beatles. It's not bad by any means, although it is rather melancholy.

It was never going to be A Day In The Life of as it. But it’s a chance to hear another song. And yes, the production my have to carry bits because it’s not like they had a ton of Lennon’s vocal to work with or ask him to add a bit more.

It’s obviously not going to be better than their best songs. It might be a grower or it might fade a way a bit but it’s still nice to have it to listen to.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #294 on: November 3, 2023, 11:33:38 am »

It's the technical achievement too and the ability it gives us to hear John's voice in isolation. I'm also excited and somehow consoled by the thought that the two surviving lads are still able to complete something that the two departees have worked on. A Beatles record will always be worth something.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #295 on: November 3, 2023, 01:42:41 pm »
Peter Jackson-directed video

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Opxhh9Oh3rg?si=ZOY5XaU-Q43fq8P0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Opxhh9Oh3rg?si=ZOY5XaU-Q43fq8P0</a>

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 3, 2023, 02:03:21 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Opxhh9Oh3rg?si=ZOY5XaU-Q43fq8P0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Opxhh9Oh3rg?si=ZOY5XaU-Q43fq8P0</a>
That is so magical.
Thankyou for posting it.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #297 on: November 3, 2023, 02:27:02 pm »
I've loved hearing the song and the story behind it, but wow, that 'video' is bad (IMHO)
Looks like it was knocked up on an iphone on his lunch break.
All that technology and footage to play with and hes just badly cut out some old footage and slapped it on some new stuff like some GCSE art project.
What a waste of an opportunity.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2023, 02:29:19 pm by meady1981 »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 3, 2023, 02:30:05 pm »

great....and so sad

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #299 on: November 3, 2023, 08:15:36 pm »
The technology is fascinating. Peter Jackson has absolutely nailed that kind of work in the past (They Shall Not Grow Old is outstanding) and he really is at the forefront of bringing to life old video

To be able to take an analogue cassette from the 70's and isolate the vocals to the extent that they are able to cobble together a Beatles song (and it is a Beatles song) is incredible

Prince has a vault of full music recordings and fully produced music videos that have never seen the light of day. It's a shame the Beatles don't have the same.

Then again how many times do you go to that well? To have a final record is great and the story is lovely and poinient. But that should be it
« Last Edit: November 3, 2023, 08:20:02 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #300 on: November 3, 2023, 08:22:34 pm »
The technology is fascinating. Peter Jackson has absolutely nailed that kind of work (They Shall Not Grow Old is outstanding)

To be able to take an analogue cassette from the 70's and isolate the vocals to the extent that they are able to cobble together a Beatles song (and it is a Beatles song) is incredible
IFruity loops have just released a new A.I. Mastering and stem isolation program an its been in the works for a while. Ive seen a few other names mentioned over the last few years(I think they cost a mint) an im in the process of buying the fruity loops version as its meant to be brilliant. Ive got hundreds of stems over the years from bands like the beatles so the version they had mustve been a bit of a mess (im guessing cos its a tape)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: November 3, 2023, 08:44:22 pm »
That is so magical.
Thankyou for posting it.
Fucking hell, what to say after watching that. The emotions.
Musically, only a cynic would say it's a shit song and it really shouldn't be a matter of having to 'get it' to understand it isn't.
There's so much to enjoy and reminisce about hearing John's voice, it'll be better described by others than I can ever do justice.
But the video is simply stupendous. The editing is masterful, it tells a long story in a few moments which encapsulates the genius and magnificence of the Beatles with an ending that brings that involuntary lump in your throat.

I haven't seen anything like that for a long time.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #302 on: November 3, 2023, 08:45:48 pm »
Think that new songs boss to be honest.

Even if it wasnt im just made up fans of them get to hear a new songs by lads they idolise.

Me and my Brother were sat with my Mum who knew 3 of them (They hung around the bar /cafe / Diner my Mums Family ran on Renshaw Street called The Griddle Bar in the late 50s and early 60s and John Paul an George were in there all the time. Ive even spoken to Sean aboot it) when she was a kid and she was a little sad from watching the 12 minute vid, as was I.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 3, 2023, 09:20:59 pm »
I've loved hearing the song and the story behind it, but wow, that 'video' is bad (IMHO)
Looks like it was knocked up on an iphone on his lunch break.
All that technology and footage to play with and hes just badly cut out some old footage and slapped it on some new stuff like some GCSE art project.
What a waste of an opportunity.

Little bit harsh there Meady lad!

I think it's much better than that. Technically I think Jackson's work is spot on. But I think there's a spiritual honesty about it as well, as there was - clearly - for Get Back. No one, NO ONE, has to hype the Beatles. It's not needed. They carry the load themselves through their music and their personalities. Peter J has taken some familiar material and cut it really well with the new stuff. As when John 'appeared' with Paul at Glasto this year, the effect is stunning.

Like some other posters above I'm now convinced that the Beatles would have had a reunion and gone on tour again if John (and George) had lived longer lives. I always used to poo-poo that idea.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 3, 2023, 09:36:11 pm »

I think it's much better than that. Technically I think Jackson's work is spot on. But I think there's a spiritual honesty about it as well, as there was - clearly - for Get Back. No one, NO ONE, has to hype the Beatles. It's not needed. They carry the load themselves through their music and their personalities. Peter J has taken some familiar material and cut it really well with the new stuff. As when John 'appeared' with Paul at Glasto this year, the effect is stunning.

Like some other posters above I'm now convinced that the Beatles would have had a reunion and gone on tour again if John (and George) had lived longer lives. I always used to poo-poo that idea.
I reckon Live Aid in 85 would have been a certainty.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #305 on: November 3, 2023, 09:42:02 pm »
Even Oasis mightve had them as a support act. Imagine that? The biggest band in the world allowing the Beatles to support them

Wouldve been some show that eh

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: November 3, 2023, 09:44:36 pm »
Even Oasis mightve had them as a support act. Imagine that? The biggest band in the world allowing the Beatles to support them

Follow that.   8)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #307 on: November 3, 2023, 10:26:07 pm »
Must admit the first time I heard a clip of the new song I thought it's really bad.

But listening to the full song with the video it all makes sense and I really like it

The Beatles "wish you were here"
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #308 on: November 3, 2023, 10:29:01 pm »

I remember all the rumours at the time that the Beatles would play Live aid with Julian Lennon standing in for John
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #309 on: November 3, 2023, 10:32:53 pm »

I get the idea, it just seemed really poorly executed. And the singing with John on his tour worked great. But wasn’t sold on The weird old AI mid journey John looking into the sky. Ringo and Paul quite clearly not in the same room together. The 60’s Beatles cut out with a spoon and plonked next to wrinkly old Paul. It just felt pretty poorly put together for the expertise of Peter Jackson. There was a fantastic montage of a beginning to end Beatles footage in the Anthology - I think set to In My Life. Something like just like that would have been great.

If you’re looking for another controversial opinion, I’m glad the Beatles split when they did and never had the chance to reform (obviously wish John wasn’t taken) - their legacy is untainted and unmatched. Could have gone bad with synths in the 80’s.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 3, 2023, 11:11:58 pm »
I get the idea, it just seemed really poorly executed. And the singing with John on his tour worked great. But wasn’t sold on The weird old AI mid journey John looking into the sky. Ringo and Paul quite clearly not in the same room together. The 60’s Beatles cut out with a spoon and plonked next to wrinkly old Paul. It just felt pretty poorly put together for the expertise of Peter Jackson. There was a fantastic montage of a beginning to end Beatles footage in the Anthology - I think set to In My Life. Something like just like that would have been great.

If you’re looking for another controversial opinion, I’m glad the Beatles split when they did and never had the chance to reform (obviously wish John wasn’t taken) - their legacy is untainted and unmatched. Could have gone bad with synths in the 80’s.

It could have done. It's also possible they might have gone like Dylan who - and I speak as a besotted Dylan fan - only once reached the heights of 1963-68 again. But, even so, there's still loads of good stuff there.

But stopping altogether? Imagine recording Abbey Road, and in particular the medley, and then calling it a day! It's like Liverpool FC packing up after Rome '77. 

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 3, 2023, 11:26:37 pm »

Fishing for an absolute whopper, eh Capon?!

EDIT: Mind you, don't go on BlueLoon, that kind of opinion would be valid on that cesspit

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #312 on: November 3, 2023, 11:38:58 pm »
Fishing for an absolute whopper, eh Capon?!

EDIT: Mind you, don't go on BlueLoon, that kind of opinion would be valid on that cesspit
200w" border="0

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 4, 2023, 04:33:36 am »

Funny stuff… love your work
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 4, 2023, 09:01:51 am »
It was never going to be A Day In The Life of as it. But it’s a chance to hear another song. And yes, the production my have to carry bits because it’s not like they had a ton of Lennon’s vocal to work with or ask him to add a bit more.

It’s obviously not going to be better than their best songs. It might be a grower or it might fade a way a bit but it’s still nice to have it to listen to.

to be honest, after listening to it a few times it has grown on me. I've heard one person describe it as "meta", whatever that might mean to them. It does have a somewhat dreamscape feel to it though. Perhaps it is just that the song hints at what might have been.

If the group had reformed, they could have justifiably spent 20 years just touring the world and knocking out the hits, but you just know they wouldn't have done that. They were pioneers in musical innovation, and we can only guess what they might have created with some 90s tech behind them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #315 on: November 4, 2023, 09:04:53 am »
Liked Now And Then, haven't seen the video yet(!) but sounds like I've got something to look forward to

Like it as a song, it feels like the Beatles to me, which is a win. Great hearing John again

IFruity loops have just released a new A.I. Mastering and stem isolation program an its been in the works for a while. Ive seen a few other names mentioned over the last few years(I think they cost a mint) an im in the process of buying the fruity loops version as its meant to be brilliant. Ive got hundreds of stems over the years from bands like the beatles so the version they had mustve been a bit of a mess (im guessing cos its a tape)

Eyyy I use FLStudio,  this sounds cool. Cheers for the heads up, will get the beta and give it a whirl

Have used various AI sites to make my own stems, with dodgy results. But this is a part that will no doubt evolve tons in the near future

The Beatles' recent use of it is, fittingly, best-in-class and I expect that to be on another level for some time to come

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #316 on: November 4, 2023, 11:39:39 am »
Could have gone bad with synths in the 80’s.
McCartney II was great with synths. This one inspired John back into the studio ('fuck a pig, it's Paul!' when he heard Coming Up on the radio). They really could have pushed the medium in the studio in the 80s, seeing what Kraftwerk and Talking Heads were doing and saying 'right, that's good, how about this?'

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g5nzLQ63c9E?si=2cfzIMN2X7Q3amXN" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g5nzLQ63c9E?si=2cfzIMN2X7Q3amXN</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #317 on: November 4, 2023, 12:34:58 pm »
Liked Now And Then, haven't seen the video yet(!) but sounds like I've got something to look forward to

Like it as a song, it feels like the Beatles to me, which is a win. Great hearing John again

Eyyy I use FLStudio,  this sounds cool. Cheers for the heads up, will get the beta and give it a whirl

Have used various AI sites to make my own stems, with dodgy results. But this is a part that will no doubt evolve tons in the near future

The Beatles' recent use of it is, fittingly, best-in-class and I expect that to be on another level for some time to come
https://www.musicradar.com/news/5-best-stem-separation-software

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #318 on: November 4, 2023, 01:54:22 pm »
https://www.musicradar.com/news/5-best-stem-separation-software

Had a read, cheers

FLStudio's is decent but more to come, this is their first iteration... I took a mono flac of CCR's Lodi and did a quick mix to make it "more stereo" - clicky

Since I'm wading in this world it'll be interesting to see what next week brings. I know people against the idea of using AI in music. But to me, it's a tool.

The Beatles use of it remains best in class

Music's one of those things. Asked me bassist mate, and he isn't interested in the process really, concentrating on the sound he makes. Fair, he is a musician and classes himself as such

I think a lot of people are going to be amazed when they hear some of these 2023 tracks, but also maybe there'll be people asking where the soul is if you go on about AI too much

I hope it proves its worth in these releases. I think it will. Tools like this help creativity, rather than bind it.

As with any art the question is always intent

I just wanna luxuriate in some Beatles. Why not? It'll still speak to me

The Beatles' use of AI is benevolent
« Last Edit: November 4, 2023, 01:57:56 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 4, 2023, 02:04:11 pm »
Had a read, cheers

FLStudio's is decent but more to come, this is their first iteration... I took a mono flac of CCR's Lodi and did a quick mix to make it "more stereo" - clicky

Since I'm wading in this world it'll be interesting to see what next week brings. I know people against the idea of using AI in music. But to me, it's a tool.

The Beatles use of it remains best in class

Music's one of those things. Asked me bassist mate, and he isn't interested in the process really, concentrating on the sound he makes. Fair, he is a musician and classes himself as such

I think a lot of people are going to be amazed when they hear some of these 2023 tracks, but also maybe there'll be people asking where the soul is if you go on about AI too much

I hope it proves its worth in these releases. I think it will. Tools like this help creativity, rather than bind it.

As with any art the question is always intent

I just wanna luxuriate in some Beatles. Why not? It'll still speak to me

The Beatles' use of AI is benevolent
John would have loved the idea of AI.
He was always asking George Martin to make his voice sound different. "Tomorrow Never Knows"