Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371758 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3720 on: May 29, 2022, 02:01:03 pm »
Worst chase scenes ever :D kid running at like 2 mph

Yeah, there was no sense of jeopardy there. But I guess that is in keeping with the Star Wars universe:  Obi-wan in the original talking about how 'only storm troopers are so precise' before we see them being absolutely useless shots over 3 films.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3721 on: May 29, 2022, 06:48:37 pm »
It's like they made this show thinking people liked the prequels? And this Leia kid is already way more annoying than Anakin ever was.

How can they get Mandalorian so right and everything else so wrong?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3722 on: May 29, 2022, 06:51:28 pm »
I get he’s not been training for a decade but how is one of the most powerful force users of all time all of a sudden so bumbling and inept?

Crap, both episodes. Doubt I’ll go back.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3723 on: May 29, 2022, 08:26:35 pm »
Really enjoyed the first episode of Kenobi. Makes a lot of sense that he would sink into a hard depression being so isolated, afraid, and tormented by his failures. Like Luke in the sequel trilogy, he's probably blocked himself off from the force.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this series pans out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3724 on: May 29, 2022, 08:44:06 pm »
How can they get Mandalorian so right and everything else so wrong?

An immediate answer is that the Mandalorian was based around a new character and lesser-known group, whilst everything else sees them trying to shoehorn older established characters into stories.

There could be something in that, my view has always been that the MCU worked though starting off with lesser-known and defined characters (yes, the ownership issue forced their hand, but they turned it into a strength). By contrast, DC just keep throwing Batman and Superman out there.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3725 on: May 29, 2022, 10:06:00 pm »
I was just wondering the same thing about marvel. And o do t particularly like marvel, the laters one are just confusing as I e not followed it. Does the star wars universe post the prequels have too much already defined to make it work as well? Also is much of the marvel magic down the genius of Stan Lee and the film studio just letting him get on with it?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3726 on: May 29, 2022, 10:07:50 pm »
there really is a fuckload being released in the next 12 months. got to keep that sweet sweet subscription money coming in I guess.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3727 on: May 29, 2022, 11:48:55 pm »
I was just wondering the same thing about marvel. And o do t particularly like marvel, the laters one are just confusing as I e not followed it. Does the star wars universe post the prequels have too much already defined to make it work as well? Also is much of the marvel magic down the genius of Stan Lee and the film studio just letting him get on with it?

I think the people in charge are just bad at what they do. It seems like no one can make a Star Wars movie without having creative differences with the studio heads, and a lot of the ways these movies tie into the existing universe feel completely unnecessary and forced, rather than required.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3728 on: May 29, 2022, 11:59:11 pm »
They could just cancel the entire Star Wars franchise now and it would still have made an enormous profit on the billions they paid for it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: May 30, 2022, 12:02:34 am »
I will give Kenobi a chance as its my favourite character (alongside Han). Think this 2 parter for episode one is just setting the scene. It should come good I think

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3730 on: May 30, 2022, 01:43:23 pm »
I get he’s not been training for a decade but how is one of the most powerful force users of all time all of a sudden so bumbling and inept?

Crap, both episodes. Doubt I’ll go back.

I would think he block himself off from the force to hide from it (like Luke did in TLJ) He blames himself for his failure in Anakin's training and believes he left him for dead. Also he seen the Jedi Order which he know his whole life been snuffed out by the Sith.
He has lost hope, still can't communicate with Qui Gon Jinn as his hope in the force is done.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3731 on: May 30, 2022, 02:22:34 pm »

Looking forward to a second season of the animated anthology series 'Star Wars: Visions' in Spring 2023 - www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-star-wars-visions-panel

Though not sure why the new 6-part 'Tales Of The Jedi' animated series is only featuring Prequel Trilogy characters - www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-tales-of-the-jedi-panel

'Andor' looks the most intriguing out of the 'coming soon and newly announced series & films' for me - www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-andor

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j5UX1Adanis" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j5UX1Adanis</a>

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:27:38 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3732 on: May 30, 2022, 02:55:25 pm »
I would think he block himself off from the force to hide from it (like Luke did in TLJ) He blames himself for his failure in Anakin's training and believes he left him for dead. Also he seen the Jedi Order which he know his whole life been snuffed out by the Sith.
He has lost hope, still can't communicate with Qui Gon Jinn as his hope in the force is done.

I'm not buying that he's not heard of darth vader though in the 10 years or whatever it is. but never mind, doesn't really matter.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3733 on: May 30, 2022, 03:39:10 pm »

'Andor' looks the most intriguing out of the 'coming soon and newly announced series & films' for me - www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-andor

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j5UX1Adanis" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j5UX1Adanis</a>

Fuck me, a prequel to Rogue One? Proper scraping the barrel there.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3734 on: May 30, 2022, 05:31:54 pm »
Fuck me, a prequel to Rogue One? Proper scraping the barrel there.

Really? How so?

'The Birth of the Rebellion / Rebel Alliance coming together' story - featuring a character from Rogue One, along with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa etc - in a live-action series seems pretty decent.

Especially given the talent involved in this - crew, actors, and writers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 03:29:25 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3735 on: May 30, 2022, 07:05:21 pm »
Only watched the first Obi Wan but….

Spoiler
How the hell did the girl  hunting Obi Wan know to kidnap the young Leia to bring him out of hiding? And if that’s the case (As she’s in hiding)  they’ll know who she is won’t they?
[close]

I was pissed watching it after the match mind

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3736 on: May 30, 2022, 07:28:41 pm »
Only watched the first Obi Wan but….

Spoiler
How the hell did the girl  hunting Obi Wan know to kidnap the young Leia to bring him out of hiding? And if that’s the case (As she’s in hiding)  they’ll know who she is won’t they?
[close]

I was pissed watching it after the match mind

That irked me as well. They later explained it with her saying that 'I found a link between them in our data files' or something. Pretty lame explanation.
Otherwise I am really enjoying the series, Ewan McGregor is great as Obi-Wan as always. After the sequel trilogy best to keep your expectations low and then when something like Mandalorian comes along it is an unexpected treat.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: May 30, 2022, 11:09:42 pm »
I'm not buying that he's not heard of darth vader though in the 10 years or whatever it is. but never mind, doesn't really matter.

It all depends on how much you want to take separate pieces and fit them together to draw a conclusion you are satisfied with.

If you follow the Darth Vader comics, it seems Vader's initial time is spent consolidating his position within the Empire, not just as the apprentice of Sideous, but as the second in command of the Emperor. There's a newly established Imperial officers' corps to bend to his will and a lot of internal politicking going on. After that he personally hunts Jedi until the Emperor orders him off. Presumably that's left these inquisitors hunting the dregs.

The whole point of hiding out on Tatooine is that it's isolated. Obi-wan has cut himself off from the force, and the world outside. Just as it's unlikely word of him will leak to the outside if he just stays hidden, it's equally likely very little other than rumour will make it to Tatooine. I'm sure there is news to be had if one goes looking for it, but Obi-wan isn't looking for it. He'll know of inquisitors in some vague form, but might assume they're acting at the direction of the Emperor.

He might suspect Palpatine has an apprentice or deputy, but might not realise it's Vader/Anakin. I agree it's stretching things, but that's how I choose to interpret it.

That irked me as well. They later explained it with her saying that 'I found a link between them in our data files' or something. Pretty lame explanation.
Otherwise I am really enjoying the series, Ewan McGregor is great as Obi-Wan as always. After the sequel trilogy best to keep your expectations low and then when something like Mandalorian comes along it is an unexpected treat.

We know Reva is a force user; perhaps he obsession with Kenobi guided her search through the records. It can't be that difficult to look up news reports from 10 to 15 years ago on the SW equivalent of the internet, and force intuition might have told her Kenobi's connection with Bail Organa was stronger than most. Lots of force sensitives are good at playing hunches. I do wonder, though, what would have happened with Leia if Reva's hunch about Kenobi still being alive was wrong. Probably sold into slavery or some such.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: May 30, 2022, 11:23:36 pm »
I can at least reassure myself and my family that I am in no way as obsessed by Star Wars as some others

:lmao

(Hides photo of self having man hug with Chewbacca behind curtains).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: May 30, 2022, 11:34:05 pm »
Isn't Star Wars and the universe losing some of its charm now?, Disney are rinsing it for every single penny they can, isn't the quality suffering massively?, the last one of the Star Wars films I watched was the second of the new trilogy, and it was dreadful, started watching Rogue One and lasted 25 minutes before switching off, it's a shame, as I loved Star Wars when I was growing up in the 80's.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: May 30, 2022, 11:40:43 pm »
Rogue One was great for me. Personally I just feel Star Wars works best in the classic era. The sequel trilogy makes the prequels look like high art though. The prequels suffered from poor writing and stiff directing; the sequels have a full on identity crisis - nobody making them seemed to know what they were supposed to be about or what they wanted from them.

The Mandalorian was great; Boba Fett was... watchable. I suspect Kenobi will be the same, but then again, I think Mcgregor and Christensen's performances alone may elevate it. It would be good to see if they have better on-screen chemistry with a director other than George Lucas, as they seem to get on really well in real life.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3741 on: May 30, 2022, 11:41:55 pm »
Isn't Star Wars and the universe losing some of its charm now?, Disney are rinsing it for every single penny they can, isn't the quality suffering massively?, the last one of the Star Wars films I watched was the second of the new trilogy, and it was dreadful, started watching Rogue One and lasted 25 minutes before switching off, it's a shame, as I loved Star Wars when I was growing up in the 80's.
Now you are an adult? Yes.

(Rogue one is a brilliant sci fi film)
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: May 31, 2022, 12:13:25 am »
Now you are an adult? Yes.

(Rogue one is a brilliant sci fi film)
What difference would it make to a film whether I'm an adult now or not?, nothing in the Star Wars film universe has come close to the original trilogy, The Last Jedi was simply appalling, I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: May 31, 2022, 12:36:37 am »
What difference would it make to a film whether I'm an adult now or not?, nothing in the Star Wars film universe has come close to the original trilogy, The Last Jedi was simply appalling, I couldn't believe what I was watching.
You can never recapture the feeling you got whilst watching the films as a kid.
Because you are no longer a kid.
If you watched them for the first time now, they wouldn’t make you feel the same way either.

It’s about the time and the place.. these are kids films at heart.

I can still remember the fear I felt lying in bed after seeing darth Vader cut off Luke’s hand.  I’m not gong to feel that as an adult.
(I thought the last Jedi was really rather good mind you)
W

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3744 on: May 31, 2022, 07:03:52 am »
started watching Rogue One and lasted 25 minutes before switching off, it's a shame,

I understand that but I'd give it another go, Rogue One is very messy right up until 2/3rds of the way in. At that point all the main characters are brought together and then forced to leave Jedda (and Forrest Whittaker) in a hurry. The film's story then kicks in properly, from there it's excellent.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: May 31, 2022, 07:06:50 am »

Erm, you obviously change from being a child to an adult so your taste will change? I used to love watching the Jungle Book and Aladdin and all the Disney films when I was a child but now I’m an adult. Unbelievably dense person.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3746 on: May 31, 2022, 07:07:14 am »
R1 is all about the last 45 minutes or so, but they're excellent.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3747 on: June 1, 2022, 08:06:56 am »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3748 on: June 1, 2022, 08:45:32 am »
Sadly predictable. But I wouldn't single out fans of any one thing for that sort of shit these days, it appears to be everywhere.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: June 1, 2022, 10:05:42 am »
It’s like the misogynistic stuff Daisy Ridley got….

Awful
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3750 on: June 1, 2022, 12:03:13 pm »
Personally, I can't even remember how I felt about SW as a kid, other than excitement and wonder.  It's those memories that Disney are trying to cash in on, through empty Sith promises that you can recapture those feelings.

It's easy to forget that the OT had to entertain both adults and children alike. Back then, the OT was trying to recapture the nostalgia of the Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers serials that that generation of adults grew up with. Now, the nostalgia is Star Wars' own history, legacy and lore.

Fandom wasn't really a thing until Doctor Who and Star Trek brought it into the home for families to experience every week. (And Gerry Anderson, too.)

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: June 1, 2022, 12:33:57 pm »
You can never recapture the feeling you got whilst watching the films as a kid.
Because you are no longer a kid.
If you watched them for the first time now, they wouldn’t make you feel the same way either.

It’s about the time and the place.. these are kids films at heart.
Spoiler
I can still remember the fear I felt lying in bed after seeing darth Vader cut off Luke’s hand.  I’m not gong to feel that as an adult.
(I thought the last Jedi was really rather good mind you)
[close]

We have spoiler tags ya know :P
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: June 1, 2022, 12:36:57 pm »
We have spoiler tags ya know :P
:lmao

Soz
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3753 on: June 1, 2022, 01:44:29 pm »
Not really sure where everyone has been at having a go at Disney over this

It's like people really don't realise there are hundreds of books and comics based on all the legends, myths and backstory of the Sith, Jedi and everything before and after

Star Wars was never just the films. I own about 30 odd books myself.

Also: Enjoyed episode one of Obi-Wan :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3754 on: June 1, 2022, 01:53:01 pm »
I've started seeing clips for Kenobi Ep 3 popping up. I've avoided the tastier looking ones - but it looks damned tasty.

I know some will say there's no real tension in the show, as we know all the key players survive, but I really don't care. My inner child is suspending disbelief and concentrating on the "how will they survive?" bit. :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3755 on: June 1, 2022, 02:16:26 pm »
I reckon episode 3 will end up with the highest ratings of the series regardless of what happens in the remaining 3.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: June 1, 2022, 02:35:28 pm »
When does it drop in the UK?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: June 1, 2022, 02:38:41 pm »
When does it drop in the UK?

Think it was 8am this morning
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3758 on: June 1, 2022, 02:56:18 pm »
Oooh. Thanks. See you later:)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3759 on: June 1, 2022, 03:46:35 pm »
I think we now need a petition to get Flea into Marvel and it'll be job done for him, been in everything